What to do with 4250 Blade Shards?

in Battle for Lion’s Arch - Aftermath

Posted by: Dejw.5164

Dejw.5164

What am I supposed to do with 4250 Blade Shards?

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

Destroy them if you don’t want to make the backpieces.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

Make 10 elite backpacks

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Dejw.5164

Exactly my point. It’s basically a crafting material. Why can’t I sell it via TP like other materials?

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

make back pieces for 170 of your alts!

Posted by: SkyChef.5432

SkyChef.5432

Exactly my point. It’s basically a crafting material. Why can’t I sell it via TP like other materials?

Because they want you to buy more bank tabs?

People are too serious of their knowledge.

Posted by: Pipra.7580

Pipra.7580

To be perfectly fair, these materials can be used to craft Ascended back pieces. You cannot sell other Ascended materials, such as Bloodstone Dust either.

Posted by: ooklah.1640

ooklah.1640

Send 250 of them to me, and I will be forever grateful.

Posted by: Minos.5168

Minos.5168

To be perfectly fair, these materials can be used to craft Ascended back pieces. You cannot sell other Ascended materials, such as Bloodstone Dust either.

See: Damask, Elonian Leather, and Assault Power Cores.

Posted by: Pipra.7580

Pipra.7580

Yes, and see: Bloodstone Dust, Empyreal Fragments, and Dragonite Ore.

There are examples, both ways. I’m not arguing against making them tradeable. I’m sitting on around 1500 of them myself, even after crafting an Ascended and three Exotic back pieces. Rather, my point was that there is precedent to make crafting materials account bound.

Posted by: munkiman.3068

munkiman.3068

There are examples, both ways. I’m not arguing against making them tradeable. I’m sitting on around 1500 of them myself, even after crafting an Ascended and three Exotic back pieces. Rather, my point was that there is precedent to make crafting materials account bound.

Not really with the blades though. It’s basically a base material, you still need a 500 crafter to ascend them. Why they decided to make them account bound and unsellable is beyond me.

[TAO] Founder/Owner and Administrator for the NSP Server Website

Posted by: digitalruse.9085

digitalruse.9085

One could make the case that they currently want people to partake in the LS rather than “buying” the experience off the TP. After it’s conclusion, they might un-account bound them.

That said, I just wish I could put them in my collections. Especially since the Gift of Sprockets is dropping them now.

Qwerkk – Asuran Engineer

Dejw.5164

Well truth be told you can spend drago ore etc. to make much more items than 1 back piece (or 4 versions of 1 backpiece).

Posted by: ShiningSquirrel.3751

ShiningSquirrel.3751

It’s simple. They do not want these to be like the sprockets or candy corn, with hundreds of thousands of them sitting in the TP and no one purchasing them. They had to modify the game to get rid of the candy corn and sprockets so this time they learned from the past. They made them drop often so everyone would be able to get all they may need, and then players complain they have too many. kitten ed if you do, kitten ed if you don’t. As always, you can’t please everyone so they choose to please the majority.

Posted by: ZilentNight.5089

ZilentNight.5089

Honestly they need to have a vendor that allows us to trade the left over blade shards for anything and i mean ill take grey spikes lol….
C’mon anet we have seen this time and time again, a new content is released.
An item is awarded in such abundance with only 1 use and then we are stuck with it…
Allow us to sell them to the merch even if its 1c per

Posted by: Katastrofi.5816

Katastrofi.5816

Just….. Delete them…

/thread.

Posted by: CC Danicia.1394

CC Danicia.1394

Community Coordinator

Next

Please don’t delete them!

You can hold on to your extra blade shards, as the team will be adding something later which will allow you to convert the shards to something of value. Dev will be announcing more on that later. Thanks!

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

You can hold on to your extra blade shards, as the team will be adding something later which will allow you to convert the shards to something of value. Dev will be announcing more on that later. Thanks!

Rule #1 for Living Story items: Don’t delete them until the story has ended.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Posted by: Elessar.5281

Elessar.5281

Cool that I get to know that now. I already trashed like 10 stacks? W/e…

Posted by: Alleluia.1320

Alleluia.1320

Thank you for telling us.

Cool that I get to know that now. I already trashed like 10 stacks? W/e…

Your own fault, I think…

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

Haha guess who isn’t making any more back pieces >.>

Hehehe

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Dejw.5164

That’s what I wanted to hear! But the guys have a point. Wouldn’t mind hearing it sooner

Posted by: Leablo.2651

Leablo.2651

inb4 new vendor/recipe 1000 blade shards = 1 blade

Posted by: skepticck.9714

skepticck.9714

This post is great, i was thinking about deleting most of mine (i have so freaking many )
today, so glad i didn’t do that before
Thank you for letting us know.

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

are we going to trade them for glory boosters?

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

Posted by: Wasbunny.6531

Wasbunny.6531

Thanks for the heads up Danicia!
I was debating whether or not to delete them…now I know I can safely remain a blade hoarder.

~An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way.~

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Too late, I deleted stack after stack already because it wasted too much space.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

Rule #1 for Living Story items: Don’t delete them until the story has ended.

I still have around 700 queen’s gauntlet tickets.

Posted by: Kumu Honua.2751

Kumu Honua.2751

They should change “Blade shards” into “Generic Event Token Item”

That way all the GETI you own can be used to make any event item in any event and only take up 1 space instead of Blade Shards, and Heirlooms, and Belongings, and Power Cores, and Cyphers, and….

Sylvari Guardian. – Dragonbrand.

Posted by: Manuhell.2759

Manuhell.2759

At least i haven’t deleted all the ones i have. Just, like, 7 or 8 stacks…

…still, we could have known that beforehand…

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

Thank you, Danicia, that’s a very timely warning.

Unfortunately, I know many people who have already tossed theirs…

Posted by: TheFallenAngel.1320

TheFallenAngel.1320

Yeah perfect timing… after 2 weeks of ppl deleting them, since nothing usefull was there… Thanks!

Posted by: Zangrith.5936

Zangrith.5936

woohoo still have 50 stacks of blades!

Posted by: kgptzac.8419

kgptzac.8419

Lol. Not going to pay anet for gems just to hold all those blades…

a shard of crystal in the desert.

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

Thanks! Could we please get more clarity on these and other LW items in the future (and present)? I have tons of items in my inventory that I have no idea whether they will ever have future value. For example, I have:

Stacks of 3-7 assorted Marionette key fragments (not enough to form any more completed keys)
Powercore bits from the Marionette event
Wintersday 2012 cogs, frameworks, and stuffing (but not enough to make another mini)

And various other nicknacks that I’ve been holding on to in hopes I could eventually do something with them. It would be nice if ANet were more explicit about what items were no longer useful, like a note that says, either in game or even just in the patch notes “go ahead and delete those X if you’ve already made all the Y you might need, we’re never doing anything else with them.”

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

Posted by: bokkieskitten.8023

bokkieskitten.8023

OH OH OH! Dual classing and we can use them to make necro minions crossed with steam creatures and watchwork monsters. … Please….

Her Majesty Lillium Honeybuns, Queen of IoJ[BUNS]
Companion of Starlight Honeybuns.
You stole me, and I stole you.

Posted by: Katastrofi.5816

Katastrofi.5816

Thanks! Could we please get more clarity on these and other LW items in the future (and present)? I have tons of items in my inventory that I have no idea whether they will ever have future value. For example, I have:

Stacks of 3-7 assorted Marionette key fragments (not enough to form any more completed keys)
Powercore bits from the Marionette event
Wintersday 2012 cogs, frameworks, and stuffing (but not enough to make another mini)

And various other nicknacks that I’ve been holding on to in hopes I could eventually do something with them. It would be nice if ANet were more explicit about what items were no longer useful, like a note that says, either in game or even just in the patch notes “go ahead and delete those X if you’ve already made all the Y you might need, we’re never doing anything else with them.”

Yes please.

Posted by: Tigerlily.3765

Tigerlily.3765

I am a horder and this is literally the FIRST time I have ever thrown out an LS item before the end of the event, since I think the back piece is very ugly and description specifically says it is used for the back piece. I simply couldn’t justify taking up all the space in my bank for stacks so I just took the plunge and tossed em.

Lo and behold the patch hits and there’s an achievement for making it. Trololol.

Posted by: Lemarchand.4269

Lemarchand.4269

Seriously? How about an earlier notice than this?? Abotu an hour ago I cleaned out out 15 stacks of shards and about 10 of the belongings as I had finished my Dynamic Back piece, and now you say they are worth something? Can I open a ticket to have them restored?

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

Seriously? How about an earlier notice than this?? Abotu an hour ago I cleaned out out 15 stacks of shards and about 10 of the belongings as I had finished my Dynamic Back piece, and now you say they are worth something? Can I open a ticket to have them restored?

You have no one but to blame but yourself for tossing a currency/item that is still used in the current LS.

Posted by: PurpScurpington.6457

PurpScurpington.6457

A game that curtails the economy to encourage player participation in living story events cannot be said to have (a) an actual economy or (b) developers confident in their ability to create relevant content people want to play. Perhaps restrict the achievement items, but account-binding a crafting material that can easily accumulate in stacks of 250, like any of the Ascended Mats or Blade Shards, is ridiculous.

Posted by: esit.3927

esit.3927

lol I deleted loads also as stacks where starting to add up

Posted by: TheKillerAngel.3596

TheKillerAngel.3596

Why would you delete stacks of found belongings? You can turn them in for tomes, obsidian shards, etc.

Think stacking and skipping trash is cheap?
Read: Playing to Win.
Guide: How to play a Mesmer in dungeons.

Posted by: Wetpaw.3487

Wetpaw.3487

You have no one but to blame but yourself for tossing a currency/item that is still used in the current LS.

Because it’s too much to ask for some decent PR, patch notes, & notification?

JQ Druid

Posted by: Nabuko Darayon.9645

Nabuko Darayon.9645

Farmed enough for two extra backpieces and with the right cores I’m safekeeping them! No value is higher then the value on your backpiece that says: We faced Scarlet at our door, and that day we brought the fight to her.

~ King Arian and Isabella of [EG] ~

Posted by: Avascar.9237

Avascar.9237

Ends up creating a system where you convert blade shards to bronze ingots…

Posted by: Leablo.2651

Leablo.2651

They should change “Blade shards” into “Generic Event Token Item”

That way all the GETI you own can be used to make any event item in any event and only take up 1 space instead of Blade Shards, and Heirlooms, and Belongings, and Power Cores, and Cyphers, and….

They already have that system, it’s karma. But somewhere along the line, it became Not Good Enough to be able to spend an account bound currency that you personally earned, and that’s why every release has had a new item currency come with it. Just another of many broken promises.

Posted by: ZilentNight.5089

ZilentNight.5089

blade shards to power cores, omg thats genius!
Thank you Anet! See they actually listen and respond.
Best MMO ever GW2!

Posted by: shinaku.5036

shinaku.5036

Because they want you to buy more bank tabs?

This.

Also, This…

Posted by: CAA.9653

CAA.9653

Do you have any idea how many of them I’ve deleted? Stacks, on stacks, on stacks of them. D=<

Guardian – Cameid, but my friends call me Cam