What u do could matter! Reward Idea

in Battle for Lion’s Arch - Aftermath

Posted by: Frostfang.5109

Frostfang.5109

I came up with this idea during the LA events. What if there was a counter (that u were not aware of) counting the number of civiliand u have rescued during the LS of LA… What if there was a similar counter counting the numbers of Scarlets ppl u have killed, or the numbers of events compleated in there.

When the whole patch is over there comes a suitable reward for the deeds U have done based on the numbers and what kind of deeds u have done. (different ones for doing different things)

This makes what U do matter!

Speak of suprise when u all of a sudden get a reward after the whole thing is over.

Kima & Co

Posted by: The Kurt.2518

The Kurt.2518

Quite a nice idea, but it would require a lot of memory to save all that information :P And it would be rather unfair towards supports, since they don’t really kill as much

Posted by: OmaiGodman.2098

OmaiGodman.2098

Quite a nice idea, but it would require a lot of memory to save all that information :P And it would be rather unfair towards supports, since they don’t really kill as much

How would it be more information than counting how many you’ve killed of x? It’s just a counter, they’re easy to implement and don’t require a lot of data (it’s just a number that needs to be increased every time you save a civilian).

Any plan that involves dead quaggans is, by design, foolproof. I’m an unmitigated genius!

Posted by: Ameepa.6793

Ameepa.6793

Does the game really need even more encouragement to play pure dps builds and zerging?

Posted by: Jaken.6801

Jaken.6801

Would be fun, but there would also be a lot of whining…

Just think about it: “why did you not tell us that these things will matter, hine whine whine and cheese”

Posted by: The Kurt.2518

The Kurt.2518

How would it be more information than counting how many you’ve killed of x? It’s just a counter, they’re easy to implement and don’t require a lot of data (it’s just a number that needs to be increased every time you save a civilian).

Are you sure? There’s tons of players, so even though there are several counters already that doesn’t necessary mean that adding another one wouldn’t be a problem… OR maybe I’m wrong, don’t take my word for it :P

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

Not really; just make it a hidden achievement. The game tracks how many times you’ve done Agent of Entropy; just do that.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

Posted by: fictitiousacct.1782

fictitiousacct.1782

Are you sure? There’s tons of players, so even though there are several counters already that doesn’t necessary mean that adding another one wouldn’t be a problem… OR maybe I’m wrong, don’t take my word for it :P

This. More people = more complexity to the design. Pretty much people who are complaining about lag would increase in all likelihood. It’s a nice idea, but with the deadlines anet pushes, I’d go for simpler designs as well. Personally, the biggest problem I see with rewards is the AFK players.

Posted by: callanrocks.4218

callanrocks.4218

It would take very little, the game already tracks a huge amount of kill information with the regular achievements, this would just be another table on a database