Zerg Fest?

Zerg Fest?

in Battle for Lion’s Arch - Aftermath

Posted by: Buffy.9246

Buffy.9246

So knowing anet….Will the destruction of Lion’s Arch will be a giant zerg fest? Lion’s Arch already takes 5 mins to load for me and is a laggy map already…. I don’t even wanna see this as a living story unless its a instance.

Anyone else think zerg fest again?

Zerg Fest?

Posted by: eldris.8461

eldris.8461

It’ll probably be a mix to be honest. I can’t see there not being at least some of it instanced, like when we had to chase people out at Dragon Bash. I actually really liked the zerging during the Tower of Nightmares though. But def needs some instanced for people who lag out.

Zerg Fest?

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

I am sure there will be some instanced spots for story, but much of it will probably be open and rather zergy at first.

Zerg Fest?

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

If it isn’t instance it would be a zerg fest, I am going to assume you hate doing open world content.

They will be a zerg by virtue of being in the open world, assuming it is open world. If you hate seeing other players you might be playing the wrong game, slick.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

Zerg Fest?

Posted by: Xista.7391

Xista.7391

I hope Arena Net is going to do something to prevent whole map blobs from doing objectives.

I would like to think that they are starting to learn their lesson, example being the Orgins of Madness update. They split up the Marrionette fight into 5 lanes, and the 3-Worms into three forces (I assume, I don’t know the strat).

In-game opinions of Skyhammer: http://i.imgur.com/FKymDjC.jpg

Zerg Fest?

KOPPER.1458

Those are individual fight events though. There might be some of that in LA but how do you separate players in a city? It’s rather open.

Zerg Fest?

Posted by: eldris.8461

eldris.8461

I hope Arena Net is going to do something to prevent whole map blobs from doing objectives.

I would like to think that they are starting to learn their lesson, example being the Orgins of Madness update. They split up the Marrionette fight into 5 lanes, and the 3-Worms into three forces (I assume, I don’t know the strat).

I would definitely like to see some more strategy in this, though perhaps on a smaller so (so, say, groups of 10-20 maybe could do it). Eg, one group holds a barricade while another has to move canons into position or something.

Zerg Fest?

Posted by: Kupper.8074

Kupper.8074

I would recommend logging out OUTSIDE of LA, Gendaran Fields, Bloodtide and then walk into the zone. This will help with some loading.

JQ – The ‘veggie’ Knight
Berserker = Skilled http://i.imgur.com/g1rkIub.jpg
Never forget – http://i.imgur.com/Oxra9sj.jpg

Zerg Fest?

Posted by: Ronah.2869

Ronah.2869

it is Escape from LA which means we will be forced to go to LA and when we will load we will get into the story like we did in Nightmare Tower. After thet instance all LA will be invaded and if we ever want to go there it will be full of foes. So it is better to escape then stay there.
last chance for us to take pictures of the LA s it is coz we may never see it again like before

Zerg Fest?

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

If it isn’t instance it would be a zerg fest, I am going to assume you hate doing open world content.

They will be a zerg by virtue of being in the open world, assuming it is open world. If you hate seeing other players you might be playing the wrong game, slick.

zerging isn’t playing with other players, it’s chasing a big group just to farm loot.
also, playing in an open world can be done without a zerg fest, 20 ppl in the entire instance is plenty and can be scattered to take down the enemies.

Zerg Fest?

KOPPER.1458

I would definitely like to see some more strategy in this, though perhaps on a smaller so (so, say, groups of 10-20 maybe could do it). Eg, one group holds a barricade while another has to move canons into position or something.

How would this work when you can only form parties of 5? Interesting idea but I doubt this is what is going to happen.

zerging isn’t playing with other players, it’s chasing a big group just to farm loot.
also, playing in an open world can be done without a zerg fest, 20 ppl in the entire instance is plenty and can be scattered to take down the enemies.

While you are right about the open world and playing without a zerg, I have to ask if this is reasonable? What I mean by that is do you really think player won’t zerg if it’s a possibility?

Unless the city is somehow sectioned off into lanes or some other similar idea I don’t see how this won’t be a zerg, even if it’s not intended as such.

Zerg Fest?

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

How would this work when you can only form parties of 5? Interesting idea but I doubt this is what is going to happen.

While you are right about the open world and playing without a zerg, I have to ask if this is reasonable? What I mean by that is do you really think player won’t zerg if it’s a possibility?

Unless the city is somehow sectioned off into lanes or some other similar idea I don’t see how this won’t be a zerg, even if it’s not intended as such.

that’s not really why i quoted him, he pretty much said that when you don’t zerg you’re not playing an MMO right.

Zerg Fest?

KOPPER.1458

that’s not really why i quoted him, he pretty much said that when you don’t zerg you’re not playing an MMO right.

I understand. Player will form zergs to fight if they are able to sadly. Even those that don’t like the zerg will still zerg if they are able to.

Zerg Fest?

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

I am saying OP is complaining about zerg, it is only natural that zergs will form. The reason why zergs are common in Gw2 is because of the nature of the game. Zergs form because the game doesn’t individualize everything like other MMORPG have done, there is no real reason to zerg in for example WoW because unless you are in a group you aint getting kitten done and also because the world doesn’t anything interesting in it, since everything is locked behind an instance.

The point being complaining about zerg is essentially to some degree rejecting seeing other players in the world because unlike other MMORPG in guild wars 2, most of the interesting things are outside for the world and not locked inside. So it is natural for excited players to congregate at the interesting point.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

Zerg Fest?

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

Please no more zergs.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

Zerg Fest?

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

I think ANet learned quite a bit from the past and they’ll try to split people up more. Introducing such NPCs like those from EoTM with great mechanics, giving them better AoE could punish bigger zergs.
What the game needs is NPC Skill Scaling. Adding new, more dangerous/harder to counter skills with scaling event would be tye first step. You can’t just throw a bunch of powerful mobs with no skill scalling. Sure, better players will overcome them and still manage killing them solo or in small parties, but average player will die and whine.
One other thing I’d like to see is converting that ugly text under every mob portrait to some pretty, informative icons, signs. And for more advanced mobs, possibility to open a small window, explaining mob. Preferably after first fight with one of his kind.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

Zerg Fest?

Posted by: supafreak.8942

supafreak.8942

It’s not a matter of not liking to see other people it’s that everything is always a mess not just this event. I enjoy fighting alongside people but this is just foolishness.

Every living story battle, every wvw battle, every world event =
Blow all cooldowns, sidestep aoe, blow all cooldowns, sidestep aoe , repeat untill mob is dead, get token. Meanwhile try not to have a seizure from all the colours.
I decided to try again after being gone almost a year and not a thing has changed.

Same old reskinned sorry excuses for content with some new node to click on, a new zerg, and a new kind of token to buy skins with.

Zerg Fest?

Posted by: Hidori.3472

Hidori.3472

Every living story battle, every wvw battle, every world event =
Blow all cooldowns, sidestep aoe, blow all cooldowns, sidestep aoe , repeat untill mob is dead, get token. Meanwhile try not to have a seizure from all the colours.
I decided to try again after being gone almost a year and not a thing has changed.

Same old reskinned sorry excuses for content with some new node to click on, a new zerg, and a new kind of token to buy skins with.

I started in LA under attack with playing support. Dropping heals, laying fields, all that features I enjoy so much.
But there’s just no need for it. I’m spam-dpsing now with an idiotic glass build, dodging once in a while and that’s it. no brain involved. I get four times the loot now for this egoistic play-style. but who gives a crap.

Seeing Battle for LA is the same, I see no reason to keep this going. What for? For loot? I don’t care for that anymore. What good is ascended and a legendary weapon if dps-spamming is the only play-style you need?

I’m getting tired of this.

Zerg Fest?

Posted by: Yppah.2157

Yppah.2157

Honestly it’s only really a zergfest because people like to follow commander tags.
I’d blame the people’s “moth-drawn-to-light” mentality for the blue dorito than anything else.

And honestly I like open world content like this.