Zodical Armors : Lore breaking content

in Battle for Lion’s Arch - Aftermath

Posted by: Laryakan.1684

Laryakan.1684

Hi,

Since Arena Net get all their funds from the Cash Shop (as far as I know, It wasn’t the first purpose for that), they’re producing content for helping people to buy it (normal).

But why, tell me why did you released Zodiacal Armor, It’s freaking wierd, lore breaking and IMO it seems like you forgotten a texture !

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

I have no idea what this is supposed to be, but I was hoping there was something in the GW lore that explained it.

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Based on the number of people wearing it I’m going to go ahead and say they don’t give a kitten because they have a freaking money swimming pool.

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

I’ll agree it looks strange, but how does it break lore?

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

Posted by: Mikuchan.7261

Mikuchan.7261

If this breaks the lore, then I suppose about anything magical break the lore. Especially Twilight, Sunrise and Eternity, which have very similar effects and has been there from the start… oh wait..

That it would look weird or that it would be fetishy or that it would show your curves I could take as valid arguments.
But quite a bit of GW, especially GW Factions were about celestial bodies and now they’ve created a material / spell that can put an effect mimicing a celestial body into a material and put it on an armor.

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

If this breaks the lore, then I suppose about anything magical break the lore. Especially Twilight, Sunrise and Eternity, which have very similar effects and has been there from the start… oh wait..

That it would look weird or that it would be fetishy or that it would show your curves I could take as valid arguments.
But quite a bit of GW, especially GW Factions were about celestial bodies and now they’ve created a material / spell that can put an effect mimicing a celestial body into a material and put it on an armor.

I would have to assume that whatever lore it’s breaking is specifically associated with it’s Zodiacness. I didn’t play GW1 even through Prophecies, but I understand Zodiac whatever comes from back then. What is the lore associated with it?

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Posted by: Spiuk.8421

Spiuk.8421

Guild Wars 2 butchering the Guild Wars lore? You are like more than a year late mate.

Rubios – Tales of the Sunless [TXS]

Posted by: Teofa Tsavo.9863

Teofa Tsavo.9863

At this point worrying about “Lore Breaking” is really nonsensical.

And if Anet cared about making it “lore”, two lines in an blog post or casual statement in an interview would make it so.

Concern about lore is not Anet’s priority at all, LS is ample proof of that.

Ley lines. The perfect solution to deadlines and writers block. Now in an easy open Can.

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

I don’t get how it breaks lore. Zodiac has had a large presence in overall lore of GW since GW1. Much of the Cantha content was based on the stars and the zodiacs, in fact you fought star constelations in some parts of Cantha. Where is the lore breakage?

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Posted by: IllegalChocolate.6938

IllegalChocolate.6938

I don’t get how it breaks lore. Zodiac has had a large presence in overall lore of GW since GW1. Much of the Cantha content was based on the stars and the zodiacs, in fact you fought star constelations in some parts of Cantha. Where is the lore breakage?

This right here. This armor is as lore breaking as having the grenth hood in the gem store and no one had issues with it. Don’t get what I’m talking about? Look at the below picture.

If anything it further ties Dwayna with the celestial ministry and the entities further enforcing its role against Abaddon’s Shiro Tagachi and other forces of evil in Cantha.

I was even shocked when Wooden Potatoes didn’t pick up on it either.

Attachments:

Laryakan.1684

In GW1 Factions, you should become “Closer to the Stars”, the “Factions” equivalent to Prophecies “Ascended”. But zodiacal bodies was only for mobs during this questline, explained by shorter frontiere through “The Mists”. But Zodiacal creatures wasnt “alive”. In GW1 you could loot Zodiac Weapons on those mobs.

Magical thing in Tyria (the world, not the continent) are explained by the Bloodstones. Zodiac and other stuff by “The Mists”. Zodiac Armors bought by players in a cash shop are Lore Breaking. If only they earned it though a quest in “The Mists” to become “Closer to the Stars”… But no, then it’s Lore Breaking.

Does a cash shop with very very high magical stuff is lore breaking ? Yes.
Does we could see something like that in GW1 ? No. Because GW2 is not here to please fans, only to make money. But this is another story.

EDIT : Yes on this pic, Dwayna is wearing something close the the actual zodiac armor. But nobody is astonished ? Players looks like a GOD, but you’re saying to me it’s not lore breaking ??

(edited by Laryakan.1684)

Posted by: yayuuu.9420

yayuuu.9420

In his imagination…

Thank you ArenaNet for a very beautiful armor sets. I’m definitely gonna buy one and then recolor my sylvati to blue skin and mix it with radiant gloves and shoulders.

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

In GW1 Factions, you should become “Closer to the Stars”, the “Factions” equivalent to Prophecies “Ascended”. But zodiacal bodies was only for mobs during this questline, explained by shorter frontiere through “The Mists”. But Zodiacal creatures wasnt “alive”. In GW1 you could loot Zodiac Weapons on those mobs.

Magical thing in Tyria (the world, not the continent) are explained by the Bloodstones. Zodiac and other stuff by “The Mists”. Zodiac Armors bought by players in a cash shop are Lore Breaking. If only they earned it though a quest in “The Mists” to become “Closer to the Stars”… But no, then it’s Lore Breaking.

Does we could see something like that in GW1 ? No. Because GW2 is not here to please fans, only to make money. But this is another story.

Frankly, if you take this statement to it’s logical conclusion, basically you are saying that the mere presence of a cash shop is lore breaking.

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Laryakan.1684

Frankly, if you take this statement to it’s logical conclusion, basically you are saying that the mere presence of a cash shop is lore breaking.

A cash shop with that kind of content is a lore breaker. That’s exactly what I’m saying.

Teofa Tsavo.9863

EDIT : Yes on this pic, Dwayna is wearing something close the the actual zodiac armor. But nobody is astonished ? Players looks like a GOD, but you’re saying to me it’s not lore breaking ??

If you are gonna do complaints on Lore Breaking, better get caught up on Bloodstones first. They can break any lore they want to, and have proven it. An armor skin is nothing.

Ley lines. The perfect solution to deadlines and writers block. Now in an easy open Can.

Posted by: IllegalChocolate.6938

IllegalChocolate.6938

Laryakan,

I’m personally just confused that people can love the grenth hood in the cash shop and somehow have this different opinion on the zodiac armor when its the exact same scenario with the only difference being one is a full armor set and the other was just a hood.

Posted by: kimeekat.2548

kimeekat.2548

I don’t think it breaks lore… I just wish it came with lore. Or that the current events of the game influenced the armor they released in the gem store. Imagine armor made of the wreckage of Lion’s Arch. Wearing the broken statue’s paws as gauntlets, char getting its tail…

Clove Zolan – Bringers of Aggro [Oops] – Blackgate

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

A cash shop with that kind of content is a lore breaker. That’s exactly what I’m saying.

And that is where you’re wrong. The Cash shop is an Auction House. As such it’s a place that gets their hands on rare and strange items from all around the world. So why, exactly, is it not feasible that they could get their hands on this?

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Posted by: yayuuu.9420

yayuuu.9420

BLTC merchants can sell whatever they want because they are merchants!
They buy stuff from heroes to sell it to other heroes with profit. Everything that someone can get lore-wise, can be sold by BLTC also lore-wise, so as you said, someone earned this armor throught quest “closer to the stars” and then sold it to BLTC so they can sell it to us.

Attachments:

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

Well, I’d say they look like a celestial creature, an “angel” or avatar, not a god and that’s not lore breaking, it fits the lore of the world quite well, if they looked like Zeus then it’d be lore breaking.

Anyway I think your definition of lore breaking is different from mine. For me, it fits in with the established lore because it looks right for the lore, the place you get it from (gem store) isn’t a factor in whether or not it fits the lore for the game as the gem store itself would probably be considered lore breaking by you.

(edited by Pifil.5193)

Teofa Tsavo.9863

Lore breaking… What’s worse, the armor, or the fact that I am standing in Destroyed LA doing a PS set before Zhaitan’s fall?

(edited to blank out how I really felt. I apologize to anyone that saw the uncensored image)

Attachments:

(edited by Teofa Tsavo.9863)

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

I don’t think it breaks lore… I just wish it came with lore. Or that the current events of the game influenced the armor they released in the gem store. Imagine armor made of the wreckage of Lion’s Arch. Wearing the broken statue’s paws as gauntlets, char getting its tail…

This, very very much.

Posted by: Facepunch.5710

Facepunch.5710

Oh, is it lore-breaking?

#getoverit

Please take your tinfoil hats off and be reasonable. ~ReginaB
This forum is a wretched hive of scum and villainy. ~DevilLordLaser

Posted by: Cuddy.6247

Cuddy.6247

This would be nice.

There’s plenty of lore about the zodiac though, I’m just beyond unimpressed that they’d release zodiac weapons/armor without anything tying them to the zodiac lore. In Cantha, becoming Closer to the Stars was the equivalent of Ascension because in Canthan lore the Gods traveled to the stars themselves during the exodus.

However, this lore of the manifestations of the Gods presence is completely ignored while they still roll out zodiac stuff.

It just seems like they could’ve saved it for a later date and introduced something more relevant this time around…not that I have a single clue what they could’ve introduced because the update doesn’t have anything new really being introduced – but I could do without content just being randomly distributed because they have nothing else to release.

Laryakan.1684

As we said earlier, If that’s fitting to everyone, why will they explain anything about how this armor came in BLTC… At last, It’s not the armor which is breaking the lore, it’s customers. I’m done with this topic.

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

For those saying it breaks lore…have you forgotten we have the ultimate lore-breaking device of them all, aka The Fractals of the Mists? Who’s to say Evon didn’t get his hand on all of those armors from there?

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

For those saying it breaks lore…have you forgotten we have the ultimate lore-breaking device of them all, aka The Fractals of the Mists? Who’s to say Evon didn’t get his hand on all of those armors from there?

Or any place within the Mists for that matter.

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Hi,

Since Arena Net get all their funds from the Cash Shop (as far as I know, It wasn’t the first purpose for that), they’re producing content for helping people to buy it (normal).

But why, tell me why did you released Zodiacal Armor, It’s freaking wierd, lore breaking and IMO it seems like you forgotten a texture !

Did you know that in Guild Wars lore, places like Maguuma, Desolation, Henge of Denravi, etc… were all locations on a map, and not separate worlds on servers located in Seattle? So with your thinking, the entire game is lore breaking.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Posted by: CC Danicia.1394

CC Danicia.1394

Community Coordinator

We have an extensive feedback thread here: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/bltc/Zodiac-Armors-Feeback

Please post your feedback there, so we can track it all together. Thanks!