bringing back awards cheapens everything :(

in Battle for Lion’s Arch - Aftermath

Posted by: effinshiddy.1364

effinshiddy.1364

i know parts of this are going to sound extremely elitist, and i apologize in advance, but… I just have to say I’m really disappointed in seeing the return of many rewards with this bit of the living story. from a very personal standpoint, i loved having this conversation about my jetpack:
“wow nice back. how did you farm the 600g for it?”
“oh i didn’t…i’ve actually been playing since the very beginning. i got it in the living story dungeon about a year ago.”
“wow that’s even cooler.”
now granted, i didn’t think it was worth the recent 600g-800g price tag, but it made my backpiece extremely special, because no, i didn’t see it very often on other players. i have the same reaction when someone runs by me with the greatsaw skin and i think “man, i wish i had bought that at the time it came out.”

there were few and far between more unique rewards that could speak to our experiences here, and i know in another six months or a year my backpack might feel special again, but for the near future, it feels cheap. i feel like the reward system at this point is why, as a society, we should have never started handing out participation medals.

what’s done is done, but in a related matter, please please please do not bring back the liadri fight and please please please if you do for god’s sake don’t make it easier. that is the one and literally only thing i feel was truly earned through determination, skill, and maybe a bit of luck. when i have the liadri mini out or talk to other people who got it, it is like a little niche club for those of us who saw how utterly frustrating it was and managed to beat it. i think the game needs more things like that reward and a lot less of things like handing out more backpacks and firestorm minis…

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

I remember how a dev said it wont come back because it would be unfair to people.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: Stormy Dragon.9210

Stormy Dragon.9210

Yeah, the problem is I was playing since the beginning too and never got a jetpack despite farming the Molten Alliance weapon facility repeatedly for one. If they’re going to make equipment a one time only thing, they need to get rid of the RNG and go to a token system.

i know parts of this are going to sound extremely elitist, and i apologize in advance, but…

“oh i didn’t…i’ve actually been playing since the very beginning. i got it in the living story dungeon about a year ago.”

What makes it elitist is your apparent belief the jetpack signifies you’re a better player when it really just means you’re unusually lucky. Some of us would like to enjoy the game without having to depend on luck.

Frankly I’d go as far as too consider the person who bought the Jetpack to be cooler. Someone who deliberately saved up that much gold because they wanted it is, to me, far more meaningful than someone who just happened to having drop into their lap because they were in the right place at the right time.

(edited by Stormy Dragon.9210)

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

I thought it was certain to return as it was recurring annual event?

All rewards should absolutely return imo. Not everyone gets the time first time around and newer players should have the opportunity at least. I agree the difficulty shouldn’t change or be on par.

Posted by: Klonex.4562

Klonex.4562

o.O there’s a jetpack in the game? i’ve been playing since closed beta, i did miss a few updates later on during the flame and frost.

~ also don’t worry at all about these past rewards, barely anything good comes from them. the best i’ve received were dragon coffers and a bad exotics.

~Krystal <3 Angela ~
~ I taught cows how to Moo! ~

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

I remember how a dev said it wont come back because it would be unfair to people.

link the quote or it didn’t happen!

To the OP. I’m actually ok with it. It is only a short period and the amount entering the market is a lot slimmer then back then when it was first introduced. Yes prices aredropping fast now, but within weeks after this living story it will be full up to the old prizes. There are just some people wanting to make fast money. I see this as an echo off the things that we went through to get there and a nice addition to the conclusion of the story.

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

As for the jet pack, those specific rewards are intended as limited rewards you can only earn during that time, thus making them valuable. It wouldn’t be fair to the people who did earn jet packs for us to bring them back, and suddenly undercut their value entirely.

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

As for the jet pack, those specific rewards are intended as limited rewards you can only earn during that time, thus making them valuable. It wouldn’t be fair to the people who did earn jet packs for us to bring them back, and suddenly undercut their value entirely.

except, it makes perfect sense to bring back these rewards for this event, and also as a last hurrah for this season/its rewards. Its not any easier to get now than before. I mean they could have had it have a different skin color, but i think that would make you less elite, because you would have the old shoddy version and they d have the one that signified the GW2 universe changing event that is the LA attack

Posted by: Fungalfoot.7213

Fungalfoot.7213

How exactly do you think the game is going to stay afloat if you deny new players everything? I’d rather have a healthy playerbase than some exclusive pixels. The living story and all the temporary content was a horrible idea.

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

The jetpack was always just based on luck. I ran that stupid dungeon 78 times during F&F to get it and it never dropped.

All the jetpack signifies is Anets stupid policy regarding temporary content and RNG.

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

Thanx, but I asked for a link to the quote, not for a quote. He obviously said things before and after. It is your judgement that makes you pick this quote, but I would love to see the whole story.

Don’t get me wrong. I know for a fact that colin has not always been a man for his word. He has been promising thing that he didn’t deliver. It even seems to be his weak point. he keeps falling into his own trap (for the rest your doing great colin). but if you just look at https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/looking-ahead-guild-wars-2-in-2013/ you will find a lot of unforfilled promises:
1: no new trasits, just some replaced
2: legendary gear
3: new legendary weapons
4: ‘craftable’ precursor

Just to name a few. I like Colin’s enthousasm and I do think he is doing the best he can for this game. but he is not a good politician. He has been making some promises he didn’t keep.

So all thats left is: ‘Colin: where are my garanteed precursors?? don’t listen too much to mr. J.S. (see my signature!!)

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

How exactly do you think the game is going to stay afloat if you deny new players everything? I’d rather have a healthy playerbase than some exclusive pixels. The living story and all the temporary content was a horrible idea.

I dont think you deny everything by rewarding people who were around at certain stages of the game. After all its the only thing to show that you were there at a certain part of the LS – or were rich enough to buy it from the TP.

Fungalfoot.7213

I dont think you deny everything by rewarding people who were around at certain stages of the game. After all its the only thing to show that you were there at a certain part of the LS – or were rich enough to buy it from the TP.

You deny them a shot at earning the gear and creating new gear isn’t exactly a cheap process. The end result is a dearth of content. All that time wasted on creating temporary dungeons and events could have been spent on improving the game as a whole.

It’s an exceedingly wasteful process just so a precious few can feel special standing around in town and I say this as somebody who has been here since beta.

Posted by: Xenon.4537

Xenon.4537

If they’re going to make equipment a one time only thing, they need to get rid of the RNG and go to a token system.

+1 for this. I farmed the crap out of Super Adventure box to get skins and it was much more satisfying because I could actually work towards the goal instead of just being lucky. And I almost never see people with those skins now. My warrior, necro, and engie are deck out in them and they feel special. Not sure if that’s just because I’m the only one who likes them though…

Malediktus.9250

You deny them a shot at earning the gear and creating new gear isn’t exactly a cheap process. The end result is a dearth of content. All that time wasted on creating temporary dungeons and events could have been spent on improving the game as a whole.

It’s an exceedingly wasteful process just so a precious few can feel special standing around in town and I say this as somebody who has been here since beta.

Since there is no vertical progression (ascended 5% increase is a joke so dont point at that) in this game its all about looks. So Anet must spend the resources to keep making new looks.

And I am very doubtful stuff like monocle or the jetpack take a lot of resources to make.

Posted by: Ravion Hawk.4736

Ravion Hawk.4736

Well, you know it is nice to bring things back once in a while because there are some people like me that may have been around since the 3 day head start, but I had to miss 7 months worth of content because I was away. My wife did my dailies for me while I was gone and that was it.

When I got home and she realized there were things that were missed that I thought were cool she felt guilty. I only asked her to do my dailies while I was away.

Bringing back some items actually makes A-Net look even better in the eyes of those that have to deploy for months on end and can’t enjoy the content updates. We have the wiki to fill in the story gaps, but to get our hands on something that is only account bound and can’t be bought is AWESOME.

Head of the Order of the Iron Ravens [OoIR]
Lady Alexis Hawk – Main – Necromancer
Ravion Hawk – Warrior

Posted by: Sororita.3465

Sororita.3465

The way they have it now, small chance in an event bag, i see no problem with. It gives a chance for people who werent able to do the previous events a shot at the items.

-A guy with molten jetpack who bought a monocle (300g at the time) for the Mrs. Buns.

Commander Starlight Honeybuns[BUNS]
Timelord to Lillium Honeybuns, IoJ
Forever together, or not at all.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I think it’s a good thing. While I can understand the disappointment/frustration of those who bought old, rare skins for exclusivity and/or investment, I think this is outweighed by the need for ANet to attract/keep interest from newer players who have joined the game, see an old skin that they like, and have the item be of a price that is a reasonable level of entry. If cool items from the past are all at exorbitant prices, it starts to create a feeling of the “old guard” vs “newer players”, and that feeling tends to drive away new players. New players are the lifeblood of any game, since older players will inevitably drift away eventually as they get bored with the content or their interest is captured by other games coming out.

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

How on earth is getting an RNG drop impressive in the first place? You have somewhat of a point with the Liadri mini, if only that fight actually took skill instead of memorization… but there is nothing at all impressive about the backpack, it was a random drop and nobody has any right to take pride in owning it.

(edited by Conncept.7638)

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

I worked for so many exclusive items, I have so many of them in the bank, that I don’t care if other people have a shot at all of them. It’s hard to explain. I like variety and I like seeing variety. I have more variety in my bank than I have characters. I like seeing other people dressed in all the different things. Think how often do you see the original Sab blue backpack? How about something newer? The crystal wing backpack? How about the backpacks from Southsun cove?
People tend to be geared up in the latest thing. The latest backpack. The latest weapon. The more of the early stuff they’ll be able to get, the more of the early stuff will be worn and the less everyone will look like they’re a copy of each other.

Zaxares.5419

^ Exactly! The majority of players tend to just buy/wear whatever is “in fashion” or that shows off their wealth. (If you’ve ever played GW1, remember all those characters running around in black/white dyed Obsidian armor with Chaos Gloves?) I used to see so many players wearing the Holographic Wings; now I usually only see one a day in hub towns at the most. The Shatterer Wings are even more rare. Having more cosmetic options means that people can instead opt to wear something different that they personally like. Variety is good!

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Pfft, I farmed the crap outa that dungeon, running it a totally insane amount of times and put more than enough effort into it to deserve getting one yet never did so bleh. I have no pity for such things. :P

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

Answer to the thread title: No. Bringing back rewards does not cheapen them.

Posted by: Spiuk.8421

Spiuk.8421

What’s the point of having things in the game that people 99,9% of the people won’t be able to enjoy? It’s completely ilogical and goes directly against the whole point of Guild Wars 2 and every videogame ever created, having fun experience.

Everything should be accessible to all players through reasonable mechanics/systems.

Rubios – Tales of the Sunless [TXS]

(edited by Spiuk.8421)

Posted by: Lambent.6375

Lambent.6375

The chance of getting one of these items is so low, it wont even make a dent.

“Caithe, someday you’ll see, Tyria needs me. -Scarlet”

Posted by: Twyll Blackleaf.9641

Twyll Blackleaf.9641

I love my Sclerite Karka Shell, and honestly, I feel bad when people ask where I got it and I have to tell them they can’t get one themselves. I’m all for bringing back opportunities like that. Maybe it would be better if it weren’t random but were instead the result of a lot of effort, such as a difficult quest line (perhaps involving fractals resembling past Living Stories?); but in general I think it’s a good thing to give new players a chance at things they never would have been able to have otherwise.

Also, I never got a monocle from Aetherblade Retreat because various circumstances (instance owner DCing, etc.) led to my party never being able to complete it despite getting to the final boss three times; and it was a random drop anyway, so there’s no guarantee I would have gotten it. The chance to get it again, or at least the lowering of the price on the Trading Post, is really more fair than you’d think in that position.

It’s not like I’m not being hurt by this either. I’ve been holding on to some Dragon Bash food waiting to sell it at a high price and didn’t get around to it; now that people are getting Dragon Coffers, that means a lower price for that food, and I lose out. But that’s my fault, and if more people can have pretty weapon skins, I’m totally okay with that.

Finally, all these things are still INCREDIBLY rare drops from bags that require a lot of coordinated effort to get. If they started giving out limited backpieces willy-nilly, then sure, I’d have a problem with that; but they’re not. The prices of these things are still in the hundreds of gold, even if they have dropped from what they once were.

And what about people who can’t play the game because real life gets in the way? Illness, military deployment, volunteering somewhere without Internet, etc.? Are we to punish them for being away for two weeks? With the fast pace of Living Story updates, it can get really hard to get the rewards for participating if you’re not wealthy in both money and free time.

tl;dr Apology accepted, but apologizing for it doesn’t make you not elitist, and being favored by RNG and having a lot of free time isn’t even something you should be being elitist about in the first place.

Posted by: Minos.5168

Minos.5168

Yeah, the problem is I was playing since the beginning too and never got a jetpack despite farming the Molten Alliance weapon facility repeatedly for one. If they’re going to make equipment a one time only thing, they need to get rid of the RNG and go to a token system.

i know parts of this are going to sound extremely elitist, and i apologize in advance, but…

What makes it elitist is your apparent belief the jetpack signifies you’re a better player when it really just means you’re unusually lucky. Some of us would like to enjoy the game without having to depend on luck.

Frankly I’d go as far as too consider the person who bought the Jetpack to be cooler. Someone who deliberately saved up that much gold because they wanted it is, to me, far more meaningful than someone who just happened to having drop into their lap because they were in the right place at the right time.

Yeah, I completed the Molten Facility dungeon many times over the two-week period of its release…

Hoped for a mini or back skin, but never got one.

My account seems to be one of the eternally unlucky ones.

Ultimately, this shouldn’t really “cheapen” the fact that you got the skin from the dungeon. It just gives other people a chance at getting it now.

Honestly, with the new craftable Ascended blade backpiece… I don’t really care about the Jetpack anymore.

I think this should be how all future rewards are. Where you can easily farm enough “time-limited” materials to craft it whenever you choose to do so.

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

How about everything should be available at all times? Instead of poisoning the player base with this lottery system of RNG and limited Editions, make things open. All Anet will end up doing is polarizing the player base and creating resentment between them. Furthermore, what incentive is it for new players to come into the game? I wouldn’t recommend the game now. Upward mobility is extremely limited to RNG.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Posted by: blud.8174

blud.8174

Well, you know it is nice to bring things back once in a while because there are some people like me that may have been around since the 3 day head start, but I had to miss 7 months worth of content because I was away. My wife did my dailies for me while I was gone and that was it.

When I got home and she realized there were things that were missed that I thought were cool she felt guilty. I only asked her to do my dailies while I was away.

Bringing back some items actually makes A-Net look even better in the eyes of those that have to deploy for months on end and can’t enjoy the content updates. We have the wiki to fill in the story gaps, but to get our hands on something that is only account bound and can’t be bought is AWESOME.

You have a nice wife. Tell her that.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

The way they have it now, small chance in an event bag, i see no problem with. It gives a chance for people who werent able to do the previous events a shot at the items.

In fact, it gives an additional chance to get those items for people that were able to do the previous events, but just ended up unlucky. And the fact that there are lot of such people invalidates most of OP’s point.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Fungalfoot.7213

Some valid points being raised here in regards to the RNGish nature of it all. I would love to see more than dumb luck and gold grinding be rewarded at some point but maybe that’s all in the works? One can hope.

Anyway, I suspect that’s one of the reasons why I’ve never felt particularly proud over any of my rarer skins. To me it was just a matter of getting the look I wanted right and I’d hate to deprive newer players of creative possibilities.

Posted by: Manuhell.2759

Manuhell.2759

They shouldn’t have based those reward on rng to start with. And neither they should have made it on this final event.
It requires quite a bit of effort…and then it rewards luck instead of said effort.
No wonder that people prefer farming mobs during the event…

Zaxares.5419

Yeah, it’s rather telling when most experienced players recommend to new players to “just farm the gold and buy the item off the TP. It’s the simplest and most painless way”.

I really do think that the SAB system had the best approach. You can either play the content and hope to get lucky with a rare drop (this version can be sold on the TP), or you can do the content, save up tokens and trade them in for an account bound version of the item. And if you just flat-out dislike doing the content, then you can buy the rare versions that the lucky players got.

(edited by Zaxares.5419)

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

I hate negative reinforcement. Allow me to explain how this works with an example:

In another old school MMO the developers introduced a now infamous online item: the party hat. The Party Hat is much like any kind of limited skin or item in this game: cosmetic only, released only for a brief period of time near launch, never expected to really amount to anything other than a way to say “hey, I played the game at this time!”. However, they made one mistake: they made party hats tradeable.

Now, why is the party hat infamous, you ask? For the unaffiliated: the party hat is one of the most valuable digital items you can possibly possess. Specific colors are so expensive that they are literally more valuable than the maximum amount of currency the game can physically process. I believe in real world currency, the party hat is worth something like $1500 in real life cash, making it a cash cow for real world traders.

The jetpack being tradeable, limited edition item in itself is actually more than just cosmetic. Far more, actually. For you see, the price will rise. Maybe in 3 years, 5 years, 8 years, however long the game is running, the price will rise. So, when a player receives the molten jetpack as a random drop, they aren’t receiving a cosmetic item. They are receiving 8,000 gold. Because that is what these kinds of items will be worth in the future.

I have to ask if Anet is happy giving out 8,000 gold randomly in extremely rare circumstances to players. Yes, it will make players feel special. They’ll feel special because they’ll eventually become obscenely rich from a random drop of a cosmetic item. So, whenever there is an item that is limited distribution, tradeable, and a randomized drop, then GW2 is baiting players with a lottery: play our game, grind whatever hamster wheel we put in front of you, or else you will lose out on the chance to be obscenely rich in the future.

I hate things like this, and not just for their economic impact. Whenever I make an alt, I come up with a concept on what they’ll be like. Currently I don’t have a desire for any of the temporary items, but what if that changes in the future? What if I decide that, with how a particular toon is designed, that the molten backpack would look great on him? Do I have to grind every event that gets released for fear that, one day, I’ll suddenly care about those rare limited-edition items?

That’s one of the reasons why I quit playing another online game: for a contest, I came up with an idea and design for a weapon. It didn’t win, awhile later (during a period in which I wasn’t playing the game), a similar item was released for a limited time. I came back later to find that this opportunity had come and gone, and was never going to return… it still makes me sad just thinking about it.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

Posted by: cheshirefox.7026

cheshirefox.7026

i have no problems with them bringing back liadri
or even bringing it back nerfed.. i’ve lost countless gold on things that were made more easily available, i’ve missed out on certain items because they were implemented through some inane bargain, but i certainly don’t think non-exclisivity “cheapens” an item..

tldr,    forget you, got mine  cheapens the game

Attachments:

i can outswim a centaur!
when i’m done on an issue
i start talking in nerglish

Posted by: LordHogFred.3691

LordHogFred.3691

Bringing things like this back is a good idea.
For a game like this which is focused around horizontal/cosmetic progression making cool cosmetics never available after a certain period is not a good idea. Now I appreciate that the current status of cosmetic progression is severely hindered by the unpleasant transmutation stones but when/if we get a PvE skin locker this should solve the problem.
Once we have a skin locker GW2 will provide a huge amount of cosmetic progression and being able to grind/earn super rare cosmetics is something that will add a lot of much needed playability to the game.

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

or even bringing it back nerfed.

The gauntlet is a reoccurring event, so Liadri is coming back. It’s meant to be a skill challenge, so I doubt they’d nerf it, but if they did, there’d just be a new boss to take the top spot.

Thanx, but I asked for a link to the quote, not for a quote.

Quotes are links. Click the name of the person being quoted.

The more you know *

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

I played Molten Facility a lot and I never got the jet pack. I also didn’t have the gold at the time to buy it. RNG sucks and token systems are much better imo.

For people who think we have too many tokens, look at this event. We are already getting event specific tokens.

Forgotten Heirlooms for the tonics.
Found Belongings for mostly trash.

I think a token system is much fairer and much more encouraging than an RNG TP system. Fuelling the power traders (most of the exotic quaggan tonics will be purchased by power traders over the next week and sold a year from now for 100g each) just increases the gold value of the items and even a person who would enjoy the aesthetic of a jet pack is more than likely going to sell it than keep it.

I don’t want the game to feel like a lottery for almost every patch, I personally find it very discouraging when the chase item (monocle or jet pack) is an RNG item and I’m going to have to buy it off the TP because I know I won’t get it drop for me by actually playing the game. So much of GW2 boils down to farming gold rather than engaging in specific content and I think that’s because items like the jet pack are super rare drops instead of on a token progression system for players to earn them.

I’ve played since the beta and I’ve gotten most of the exclusive items that have come and gone since then and I find their limited nature takes more away from the game than it adds. I personally think the slick back pack from TA is ugly and I’ll likely never use it. I’ve seen guildies who love it and wish they could get it. It’s really sad to me that such an arbitrary reason “I was there and you weren’t” is why they can’t have it but I can.

Yes bringing it back cheapens it’s elitist value but it doesn’t cheapen its intrinsic value. The back pack looks the same today as it did a year ago. It may be slightly less rare (it’s still probably the most uncommon back item in the game) but I personally don’t think it should have ever been that rare to begin with. I wish ArenaNet would bring back and keep more of the exclusive items and recipes.

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

I hope Anet just make everything permanent. Meaning every item should be obtainable anytime and will have a steady price in its game life.

That’s say you bought a “grim shield”, or “permanent hair license” for 2000+ gold. Will you be kittened if the price change to 50 gold because Anet bring them back? I know I would.

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

Thing is, if you buy an item under the assumption it won’t come back or it will rise in price in the future, you are gambling. So much of the GW2 economy is about gambling. Gamble on black lion chests, gamble on citizen rescue bags for something other than a rare, gamble on investing in tonics or other event specific items hoping you will greatly multiple your gold in the future. So much gambling and not enough good old fashioned earning your content specific rewards.

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

I get what the OP is saying, but I think the greater good is served by letting everyone who wants a certain look to have access to it, than to have some people feel “special” for having something that other people don’t.

A simple check that everyone should make from time to time, are you happy because of what you have, or are you happy because of what other people don’t have? If the latter, you might want to reconsider a few things.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Not in this context, IMO.

I mean, in general I’d agree with you, sure.
But this is the “encore”-event of LS1. It’s the one big final attack which genuinely disrupts the world in a meaningful way, using elements of all previous sub-elements of the LS season.

It sort of makes sense that it would also bring back some of the rewards, if only in limited quantities.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

Posted by: Lolindir.3518

Lolindir.3518

Thing are getting so expensive that I really don’t see the problem in bringing back some items during the year. I really hope to see again also some skins in the gemstore that I couldn’t buy at the time, like Kasmeer staff.

Posted by: Klonex.4562

Klonex.4562

or even bringing it back nerfed.

oh those 80+ plus battles i had with her, the one time i ended up kicking her butt with my archer and i don’t record it. as frustrating and annoying as she was, i too have no problem letting people trying to kill her again. i love the mini liadri and i still use her till this day.

~ barely anything good drops from the bags anyway. no one will be getting that (jetpack)back piece. we’ve had too many things from a lot of events that it’s almost impossible to get anything good from a(n) rng bag.

~Krystal <3 Angela ~
~ I taught cows how to Moo! ~

Posted by: CrossedHorse.4261

CrossedHorse.4261

I really don’t mind if people can eventually earn any item in this game. My characters feel special to me, because I have either paid or earned what I dress them in, and I don’t really mind if someone else has the same stuff. Similarly, irl, I like to wear what I wear, and I won’t feel bad because someone else on the bus has the same jeans or handbag as I have.

I understand the presitge behind having items that only you and you alone have, but ultimately, I don’t really mind all that much if other people have it. I play this game for other reasons than having gear others don’t.

Posted by: Naevius.3185

Naevius.3185

I only support the idea of limited availability gear if it is non-tradeable stuff you can only get by actually completing certain content.

But if it is tradeable, the whole idea goes out the window; in that case I have no problem if it comes back.

Posted by: cainejw.7142

cainejw.7142

Everything? So your leveling experience, fun with guildies, fun during events are all ruined because you can get an item more than once?

Your entire existence is absolutely cheapened because you can get a jetpack again?

Posted by: SirBigmark.7981

SirBigmark.7981

lol people are so selfish that even in a stupid game can’t get over it and prefer to get less if that means that everyone else get less.
If the others aren’t unsatisfied and we have nothing to rub on them face we aren’t happy, right?
That jetpack is so ugly that i pray i can get one to cash out instantly, but the chance from those bag are so low that I consider that a miracle.
So seems that there is little to worry about, just a couple of those will enter the market.

Posted by: Pipra.7580

Pipra.7580

It’s the exact opposite of a horrible idea. New rewards and things to do are constantly being added. If you missed something, no sweat, in a month or two something else just as cool will come along.

It keeps the game interesting and fresh.