kiels behaviour and helping out taimi

in Battle for Lion’s Arch - Aftermath

Posted by: Getefix.9150

Getefix.9150

i wanted to talk about 2 things
1) kiels behaviour during this attack was abysmal – i never once saw her on the battlefield (as per usual) and she threatened gnashblade into service – not kidding, it was either work for free or firing squad – thats the 2nd time she threatened someone to get her way, poor old Dessa – plus kiel and the other captains even ignored gnashblade when he said an attack was incoming – if they dont make him a part of the council ill be annoyed, surely after the attack there are spots open

the 2nd thing is a more lighthearted one, my main charcater is an asura of the synergetics college, my first invention was the VAL-A, and i can produce power armour, defensive series D golem and an atack series 7 golem and i am a master (training for grandmaster) armoursmith – in the dead end pub while partying with the others, taimi turned up without her golem (being indoors) if i could, i would use my abilities to help her create a miniature scruffy so she’d be able to go around without worrying about her weak legs

“Nothing is true, Everything is permitted”

Kiel Replacement Movement

Posted by: A Massive Headache.1879

A Massive Headache.1879

Uhh, Kiel was at the red knight, along with heal o tron. and evon shut down the gates on escaping people, he kind of deserved it. She also warned her fellow captains, which you can meet them all in the camps.

Posted by: Sinbold.8723

Sinbold.8723

Taimi’s golem Scruffy is standing at the door to the Dead End. Unless you turn around upon entering, you’ll miss it.

Getefix.9150

shut the gates on escaping people, when did that happen? did kiel tell you that?

in terms of helping the city the player ive done more than kiel – lets see what we’ve done

repelled the attack of undead on lions arch
reclaimed claw island
set up pact
set up fort trinity
attacked orr
killed zhaitan – thus stopping future undead attacks
repel the attack of karka
take out the ancient karka
did all the work on southsun (although this was claimed by kiel and also why she got the council seat)
volunteer in aid of the refugees from frost and flame
take out a load of molten weapons facilities
complete the investigation as to the murderer of the council member during dragonbash
take out the aetherblade bases
get a trade agreement from the zephyrites (we did that technically)
destroy the tower of nightmares and kill the prophet
donate millons of gold to divinities reach
save millions of lives during scarlet’s attack on lions arch (do the maths)
repel the attack on lions arch
AND kill scarlet

if anyone deserves a seat on the council, its the guilds

Posted by: Kalavier.1097

Kalavier.1097

shut the gates on escaping people, when did that happen? did kiel tell you that?

During escape, roughly the time when NPCs start evacuating, Evon Gnashblade is among the Dolyaks. At getting to the gate, he ORDERS Shud aside telling her he HAS to get his merchandise through.

She replies with “Hurry it up, I got civilians to get through before I can shut down the gate.”

His action then is to go “That’s what you are worried about? I got your back.” runs through after his Dolyaks, and shuts off the gate in Shud’s face and several citizens, who are then forced to run for another exit from LA.

Also, we didn’t save millions. I seriously doubt LA has a population even close to a million.

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Uhh, Kiel was at the red knight, along with heal o tron. and evon shut down the gates on escaping people, he kind of deserved it. She also warned her fellow captains, which you can meet them all in the camps.

And on the Hologram.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

And on the Hologram.

But we ended up doing all the work for her AGAIN. As expected from a person who can’t handle the responsibilities of her elected position.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Posted by: chemiclord.3978

chemiclord.3978

I can vouch for Kiel being present on the Breachmaker.

Her gaze as she revived me burned into my soul.

Posted by: Lucyfer.9517

Lucyfer.9517

If anything Evon deserves to be executed for his crimes. Selfish kitten .

Posted by: InfernoCrossing.8063

InfernoCrossing.8063

All Evon did was whine, complain, and shut down that Asura gate on refugees.

Kiel was actually on that battlefield. She wasn’t just running like Evon, but was actually up there on the front lines with us.

No more yarn balls. Time to put down the charr kitten!

[Stormbluff Isle since September ’12] |VZ|
Ragnarune | Lily Vinheim | Voirdere
Viezza

Getefix.9150

Taimi’s golem Scruffy is standing at the door to the Dead End. Unless you turn around upon entering, you’ll miss it.

yeah i saw it, but she still had to hobble to get across the room without messing it up
a mini-golem would mean she can go around without hobbling maybe something floating like yoda had in the prequel trilogy

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

Evon’s not a warrior, he’s a citizen. No-one would have to risk their lives if Lion’s Arch had listened to him in the first place. Kiel actually did run until the miasma cleared up, for the first two weeks she let everyone else do everything while she was safe in her air ship.

As far as putting down Evon goes, the new black market plot in Brisban could easily tie in with him and the Consortium. Given the way the writers are positioning the audience more and more against Evon, I wouldn’t be surprised if he turned out to be the next villain.

Posted by: Klonex.4562

Klonex.4562

not only was she the captain for the red night with the heal-o-tron, though she also rez’d as many dead/downed players as she could with the heal-o-tron during the knights fight and scarlet’s holo fight.

she was amazing. love her <3

~Krystal <3 Angela ~
~ I taught cows how to Moo! ~

Kalavier.1097

Evon’s not a warrior, he’s a citizen. No-one would have to risk their lives if Lion’s Arch had listened to him in the first place. Kiel actually did run until the miasma cleared up, for the first two weeks she let everyone else do everything while she was safe in her air ship.

As far as putting down Evon goes, the new black market plot in Brisban could easily tie in with him and the Consortium. Given the way the writers are positioning the audience more and more against Evon, I wouldn’t be surprised if he turned out to be the next villain.

A: The council stonewalled Kiel. She was trying the exact same thing (Probably with Magnus helping her).
B: Anti Air guns would’ve brought airships down onto LA. See what happened to the breachmaker? Imagine that with a fleet of airships crashing at same time.

Smooth Penguin.5294

Actually, he’s a warrior turned merchant turned HERO. If Anet forced him to become a villain, they’d better give me the option to join his legion.

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

I have to say that Evon’s personality is light-years better than Kiel’s. She seems so serious and dull by comparison. Gnashblade is often hilarious. Kiel couldn’t crack a joke if it was an egg and she sat on it.

Posted by: A Massive Headache.1879

A Massive Headache.1879

I have to say that Evon’s personality is light-years better than Kiel’s. She seems so serious and dull by comparison. Gnashblade is often hilarious. Kiel couldn’t crack a joke if it was an egg and she sat on it.

gnashblade is just a jerk, he’s never been funny either.

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

I think he’s funny as heck. And I’m not the only one either. lol

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

Evon’s not a warrior, he’s a citizen.

False. Every Charr born in the Black Citadel has received training as a soldier. Evon is/was part of the Ash Legion and according to that shortstory about him killing his superior and taking control, I’d say he’s perfectly able to fight.

Though I like Gnashblade, I’d say his actions were far from heroic during the escape.

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

And on the Hologram.

But we ended up doing all the work for her AGAIN. As expected from a person who can’t handle the responsibilities of her elected position.

She makes one godly reviver.

Saved my kitten a few times when I got caught by those burned spots.

Kalavier.1097

I’ll take the serious one over the guy who stranded a Captain council member and a bunch of civilians, then went to publicly bash them and act as if he was the hero.

Oh, and basically implying if he wasn’t forced to help the lionguard, he’d leave them all to rot and hoard his merchandise instead of helping.

Oh, and after you kill scarlet, he’s directly an kitten to you.

Posted by: Brutalistik.6473

Brutalistik.6473

I’ll tell you one thing. If Evon was voted we would’ve had more intel on Scarlet preventing some of her activities and raids. Evon works as a merchant, but he also does underground activities staying ahead of the game.

That’s how I view his character and between him and Kiel. Kiel has a lot to learn before she gets to his level.

Pineapples

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Kiel was also using the destruction of Lion’s Arch to make bank off Waypoint prices. Those WPs used to cost nothing.

She’s a very shady character.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

I don’t think Evon is a bad guy. It’s just that he’s more…practical. Just like Pyre in GW1…the Charr have a different set of morals, but also a different view on things. They use others as tools to gain an advantage, because that’s their way of doing things.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

Kalavier.1097

Kiel was also using the destruction of Lion’s Arch to make bank off Waypoint prices. Those WPs used to cost nothing.

Kiel doesn’t operate the waypoint system. It’s automated by the Asura.

Note that now that the city is cleared of hostiles, they are free again (within city limits) :P

Posted by: KyreneZA.8617

KyreneZA.8617

Kiel is voiced by Courtenay Taylor. Enough said.

Recently returned to…
Aurora Glade some random MegaServer™, always being asked to volunteer for that buff…
Ranger | Necromancer | Warrior | Engineer | Thief

Posted by: Thobek.1730

Thobek.1730

It was never proven that Evon shut down the Asuran Gate. How does he have access to its controls anyhow?

Sure I watched the scene where he walks through it and it closes down behind him, but who knows why or how it closed. People (haters) are just guessing that it was him.

I could make a guess to say Kiel did it to make him look bad… I have no proof either.

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Kiel doesn’t operate the waypoint system. It’s automated by the Asura.

Note that now that the city is cleared of hostiles, they are free again (within city limits) :P

Since she manipulated the community through WP prices she has some power over the cost and profits.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: OmaiGodman.2098

OmaiGodman.2098

It was never proven that Evon shut down the Asuran Gate. How does he have access to its controls anyhow?

Sure I watched the scene where he walks through it and it closes down behind him, but who knows why or how it closed. People (haters) are just guessing that it was him.

I could make a guess to say Kiel did it to make him look bad… I have no proof either.

Maybe after he got through he told the gate operator to close the thing as quickly as possible? Who knows… Maybe it’s something that’ll be explored in more detail in a next update, when people will start asking questions about the things that happened and who’s to be held responsible.

But Kiel was a lot more useful in the battle against Scarlet than Evon was, simply due to the fact that Evon was too busy being a sad kitty in the Vigil keep to actually help out.

Any plan that involves dead quaggans is, by design, foolproof. I’m an unmitigated genius!

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

During escape, roughly the time when NPCs start evacuating, Evon Gnashblade is among the Dolyaks. At getting to the gate, he ORDERS Shud aside telling her he HAS to get his merchandise through.

She replies with “Hurry it up, I got civilians to get through before I can shut down the gate.”

His action then is to go “That’s what you are worried about? I got your back.” runs through after his Dolyaks, and shuts off the gate in Shud’s face and several citizens, who are then forced to run for another exit from LA.

It’s worth noting that when you talk to Shud in one of the camps, she said that she ordered the gates shut down.

Evon didn’t have access to the gate controls. Even Shud was confused by the idea that Evon had somehow shut it down. Shud’s underlings on the other side, however, did have access to those controls. I think one of them shut the gate down early, either jumping the gun because they were too excited/scared, or they saw a great chance for promotion with Evon to take the blame if it didn’t work.

But Kiel was a lot more useful in the battle against Scarlet than Evon was, simply due to the fact that Evon was too busy being a sad kitty in the Vigil keep to actually help out.

To be fair, you can’t blame Evon for his not being in the fight to retake Lion’s Arch. By that point, he was under Lionguard orders. He was given a job, and told he’d be shot if he didn’t do it. And that job did not include charging into battle.

It’s also worth noting that they didn’t just draft him, they did it to ALL Black Lion personnel. If he had disobeyed orders to go into battle, any and all of them could have been held accountable for his actions. And if he’d died in battle with his fate unknown to the Lionguard? So, yeah, his staying in Vigil keep was really the only option for him at that time, it doesn’t matter if he wanted to or not.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

(edited by Palador.2170)

Posted by: Lydell.8713

Lydell.8713

1) kiels behaviour during this attack was abysmal – i never once saw her on the battlefield (as per usual) and she threatened gnashblade into service – not kidding, it was either work for free or firing squad -

So, basically, she kept him from making money off the backs of the victims of Scarlet’s attack. Not only that, but she used her power to get him to help people, not for profit, but just because they needed help. Jeez, what a terrible, heartless woman. (And yeah, I like Evon better as a character. He’s funny. But that doesn’t make him less of a scumbag)

-Blackgate-

(edited by Lydell.8713)

Getefix.9150

1) kiels behaviour during this attack was abysmal – i never once saw her on the battlefield (as per usual) and she threatened gnashblade into service – not kidding, it was either work for free or firing squad -

So, basically, she kept him from making money off the backs of the victims of Scarlet’s attack. Not only that, but she used her power to get him to help people, not for profit, but just because they needed help. Jeez, what a terrible, heartless woman.

it was still a threat, i dont think thats the right thing to do, she could have had a word with him/tried to persuade him but she didnt even try

Posted by: Lydell.8713

Lydell.8713

So, basically, she kept him from making money off the backs of the victims of Scarlet’s attack. Not only that, but she used her power to get him to help people, not for profit, but just because they needed help. Jeez, what a terrible, heartless woman.

it was still a threat, i dont think thats the right thing to do, she could have had a word with him/tried to persuade him but she didnt even try

She took his resources by force, sure, but to put them to good use. She knows Gnashblade and she knows that she couldn’t have convinced him, especially her, considering the beef they’ve had. To be fair, I’d praise the person who’d go and force wealthy citizens to put their resources to good use in the light of a tragedy of that scope. Unfortunately, that never happens in real life, instead, it’s the non-wealthy ones who are asked to dig in their pockets to provide relief, while the wealthy and powerful will only see it as an opportunity to make more money.

-Blackgate-

Posted by: BladeNinja.4671

BladeNinja.4671

And on the Hologram.

I hope she left you here dead when you died… She helped

Aura Slicer X Thief. Pvp svr 007 Oh wait! i’m not suppose to tell you that!

Kalavier.1097

If he didn’t, then why does he go “Oh, that’s why you are worried? I got your back don’t worry” and then the second he goes through it shuts off? +Shud being surprised about it.

Shud mentions she shut off the gates, but that’s probably cause she doesn’t want to possibly start a riot by publically stating Evon shut off the gate in the face of a bunch of citizens in the middle of town… while standing in a refugee camp.

IMO, the threat was probably more of a means to force him to help because they all knew if given a choice, he’d pack up his goods and money and just leave them in the dirt. I took it as more of a “Oh, if he says no/does this, pull this line out.”

Posted by: Fallout.1798

Fallout.1798

If he didn’t, then why does he go “Oh, that’s why you are worried? I got your back don’t worry” and then the second he goes through it shuts off? +Shud being surprised about it.

Shud mentions she shut off the gates, but that’s probably cause she doesn’t want to possibly start a riot by publically stating Evon shut off the gate in the face of a bunch of citizens in the middle of town… while standing in a refugee camp.

Just to help clarify, it is well documented about the incident with Evon and the asura gate during the Escape from Lion’s Arch release.
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Lion%27s_Arch_ see very bottom of this wiki page, as well as the dialog between Kiel and Magnus at Fort Marriner
As well as in this screenshot.

Attachments:

Stormbluff Isle
[AoD]- Commander Vars Wolf

(edited by Fallout.1798)

Smooth Penguin.5294

And on the Hologram.

I hope she left you here dead when you died… She helped

The holograms never killed me. I was in the middle of the fight, dodging and weaving my way to victory. Kiel hid in a corner while Hobo-tron saved my guildies.

Posted by: Traveller.7496

Traveller.7496

Just to help clarify, it is well documented about the incident with Evon and the asura gate during the Escape from Lion’s Arch release.

I will post this again for clarity’s sake as well. Now, who shut down the gates?

Attachments:

Posted by: Thobek.1730

Thobek.1730

Maybe after he got through he told the gate operator to close the thing as quickly as possible? Who knows… Maybe it’s something that’ll be explored in more detail in a next update, when people will start asking questions about the things that happened and who’s to be held responsible.

Maybe, could be, might be… people are just pointing the finger without actually knowing what happened.

Kiel was more useful getting people to safety, she had an airship and is part of the ships council. Evon is a businessman. OR you could say Evon was more useful by helping refit hobo-tron and arming the soldiers with his supplies had a bigger impact. Again nobody really knows.

What I do know for sure is Kiel forced Evon to hand over his goods or face execution by firing squad. That’s way too excessive, if he refuses simply take what you need. No need to kill the guy. She’s a power crazed bully.

Smooth Penguin.5294

I will post this again for clarity’s sake as well. Now, who shut down the gates?

Oh boy. I missed that part. I guess you just debunked a conspiracy.

Posted by: jblazej.4897

jblazej.4897

Oh boy. I missed that part. I guess you just debunked a conspiracy.

Not necessarily. Shud’s stated plan speaking with Evon was to shut down the gates out of the city once citizens were evacuated. Even if Evon shut down that one gate, it seems that Shud was ordering the other three city gates closed as well (which they were).

That doesn’t mean that Evon shut down the gate. The city was under a devastating attack and Asura gates are not infallible. It is plausible that the stress of transporting Evon and his group was enough to take that gate down.

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Troll thread! No matter how try hard you go, you can’t besmirch Kiel’s good name. And yes, Evan shut down the last open gate at the Gate Hub. Shud shut down the rest after everyone was kicked out of LA. Hence why we couldn’t reenter from either of the 3 adjoining zones until the time loop reset to the beginning.

Attachments:

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

(edited by DeWolfe.2174)

Posted by: LastShot.4762

LastShot.4762

I still not quite understand what people are trying to make out of this?

Do you mean Shud shut the gate on herself and blame it on Evon?

Posted by: jblazej.4897

jblazej.4897

What I do know for sure is Kiel forced Evon to hand over his goods or face execution by firing squad. That’s way too excessive, if he refuses simply take what you need. No need to kill the guy. She’s a power crazed bully.

I would agree, but not necessarily in the case of Lion’s Arch under a full invasion.

Let me say for example, all of this was on a pirate ship. It comes under attack by another group and all members are called upon to drive off the attack. The person managing all the weapons declares, “I’m abandoning ship and taking whatever of my stuff I can carry.” If the captain then responds by threatening to kill him seems somewhat reasonable because what he is doing is effectively a one man mutiny.

While Lion’s Arch isn’t completely populated by pirates, it is founded on in part on pirate ideals. It makes sense to me that the Lion Guard would force Evon’s service and demand his goods with threat of death when the town is under an immediate threat.

However, I do wish there was more with Evon during this arc. I would have liked him to play a visible larger role in the retaking of the city rather than him being in a cycle of complaints about the Captain’s Council, complaints about him being press ganged into the Lion Guard along with his stock, and his nice chat with Hobo-Tron. As it stood, if I was walking though Vigil Keep, I was likely hearing Evon do nothing but complain and that really isn’t fitting the mercantile baron I think of him as.

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

finishes a few bottles

Posted by: ShibVicious.9681

ShibVicious.9681

She took his resources by force, sure, but to put them to good use.

Because the Lionguard don’t have their own weapons. In fact each regiment had a sword they’d take turns holding, up until Kiel demanded Evon hand over his resources.
Of course it was only his weaponry they were interested in, there was no mention of using his food stocks to feed the refugees. Kiel abused him for her own gain, not for the greater good.

Kalavier.1097

I’ll again say this, sitting in a refugee camp, do you really want to openly say “Oh, I was about to shut off the final gate after the last group of civilians went through, but then Evon barreled through and shut it off before they could reach it.” while Evon is just up the hill? You’d risk possibly angry mob going after him. “My father was near the gate hub last I saw him, he might’ve gotten out if you hadn’t stranded him!” etc

Posted by: Embrace The Bold.7619

Embrace The Bold.7619

I think it’s funny how these threads go

Evon supporters: “Kiel is impractical and to worried about opinions than to breaker her back to pursue the things she wants, unlike Evon”

Kiel supporters: “Evon is morally corrupted I want a politician who does the ‘right thing’ and puts justice before anything else”

Neither view point is can be called right, yet people still argue, just like irl politics.
(oh and FYI EVON 4 LYFE)

The Sickest Guild NA

Getefix.9150

She took his resources by force, sure, but to put them to good use. She knows Gnashblade and she knows that she couldn’t have convinced him, especially her, considering the beef they’ve had. To be fair, I’d praise the person who’d go and force wealthy citizens to put their resources to good use in the light of a tragedy of that scope. Unfortunately, that never happens in real life, instead, it’s the non-wealthy ones who are asked to dig in their pockets to provide relief, while the wealthy and powerful will only see it as an opportunity to make more money.

forcing someone to do something, no matter what, is still the wrong way to do it – instead she could have swallowed her pride and asked to work together – instead, like with dessa, she had to resort to threats

plus, the election, name one country where if the winning party wins by 4%, its considered a significant difference, 48%/52% isnt a large enough difference to say: the people choose you

Posted by: OmaiGodman.2098

OmaiGodman.2098

She took his resources by force, sure, but to put them to good use.

Because the Lionguard don’t have their own weapons. In fact each regiment had a sword they’d take turns holding, up until Kiel demanded Evon hand over his resources.
Of course it was only his weaponry they were interested in, there was no mention of using his food stocks to feed the refugees. Kiel abused him for her own gain, not for the greater good.

More like, they needed extra weapons to arm volunteers who wanted to help in the fight against the invaders.

On the other hand, this does make me wonder why they didn’t just ask the Vigil for weapons.

So from everything posted above it seems pretty obvious that Gnashblade turned off the gate just to spite Shud (hence Shud’s surprised reaction to it happening), and thus forcing refugees to go through the battlezone again to find another exit.
Shud eventually shuts down all gates after getting everyone out. The only reason Gnashblade “helps” by outfitting Lionguard personnel is because otherwise he’ll be shot, other than that he only cared for his wares and not for any citizens or even his own employees whom he left to die in the Trading post in Lion’s Arch. If he hadn’t been forced to help, he would not have done anything at all.

But, I hear you say. He helped Heal-o-Tron. Yes, to annoy the captain’s council.

The only thing in his favour is the fact that he was forced to remain in the vigil keep to outfit Lionguard soldiers and thus couldn’t join the battle in LA. Other than that he’s clearly not the hero some people try to make of him.

Any plan that involves dead quaggans is, by design, foolproof. I’m an unmitigated genius!