Broken Dynamic Events

Broken Dynamic Events

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Don Zardeone.8730

Don Zardeone.8730

Protip: when you see a broken event, stand in the middle of it and press esc. Then click support. Then Bug report. Then enter as many details as possible.

MMOs are huge undertakings with many people working on many things. What is crucial is info, lots and lots of info. If we report what we see and even better if we report what we see when the bug first occurs, ANet can pinpoint the problem and fix it.

Broken Dynamic Events

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: uriens.8076

uriens.8076

Tired about all of those broken events please arena net dont ignore us why we ignore your game in time if this situation continues at least one reset the server everyday is not bad idea cause many maps (example bloodtide coast) only 30% of the events work all others is bugged include some skill point too. i hope they do something fast

Broken Dynamic Events

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: CC Eva.6742

Previous

CC Eva.6742

Community Coordinator

Hi everyone.

Thanks for keeping this thread alive as it is important for you and for us. We are aware of the events that remain still bugged and working currently on them. We would like to thank you for your reports, as they are helping us a great deal. We will forward your concerns to the team today.

Broken Dynamic Events

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Tyops.5894

Tyops.5894

Part of the problem is that many of the problems seem to accumulate over the week after your server patch and reset, by the time the weekend comes up and you have the most people playing you have the most events broken. This ends up looking worse for a greater proportion of your players.

NSP Why bother?….

Broken Dynamic Events

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Inune.6214

Inune.6214

I understand that MMOs are of rather insane proportions when it comes to upkeep, but you guys have gotta throw us a bone over all this broken stuff while leveling. Our character progress is balanced around being able to do everything a given zone has to offer. It’s built into the experience curve that, along with our personal story, we should be doing all hearts, any events that pop up, gathering and crafting along the way – that’s the only way to progress without having to run through two separate zones at the same time, which I can not believe would be an intended game mechanic.

And yet with so many events, skill points, and even renown hearts broken, it’s cutting significantly into our ability to level without resorting to meta-strategies like spending specific amounts of time in WvW or parallel progressing through two zones at the same time. That’s not fun. It’s an annoying hassle that you do just because the game isn’t working the way it’s supposed to. If you can’t fix the events yet, you need to do something that is within your power currently to balance it out.

Up the rewards for the renown hearts and events that work so that it compensates for all the ones that don’t. Reset servers daily so that the broken stuff doesn’t build up as horribly.

Bandaids aren’t long-term fixes, but they sure are nice in the interim.

Broken Dynamic Events

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Caelib.2497

Caelib.2497

The community has been patient but the rate at which the broken skill challenges and events are being fixed is unacceptable. ArenaNet has demonstrated that they are capable of committing resources to get these problems correctly in a more timely fashion but we haven’t seen that since the week of release.

We’ve been dealing with this problem for three weeks and it needs to be fixed. If ArenaNet isn’t willing to invest the resources to get this problem fixed sooner, the players need compensation for these GAME-BLOCKING problems.

Broken Dynamic Events

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Phred.6410

Phred.6410

As a customer I really dont care how frustrated and unhappy anet is I just want this stupidity fixed. It’s their own fault. No one forced them to have such a crumby beta test setup. Weekend previews are a marketting ploy. A full open week long beta test would have shown the flaws in the system so they could be fixed. Heck with spoiling content. If it were tested properly we wouldn’t have this situation. It’s their own fault. Now fix it.

Broken Dynamic Events

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: OmniPotentes.4817

OmniPotentes.4817

I’m currently in Iron Marches at 65% completion. Sofar all but 2 events are stuck. On average I’m making 1000 karma per zone. At this rate I’ll be buying t3 armor set 3 years from now.

Broken Dynamic Events

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Jnaathra.6549

Jnaathra.6549

I’m currently in Iron Marches at 65% completion. Sofar all but 2 events are stuck. On average I’m making 1000 karma per zone. At this rate I’ll be buying t3 armor set 3 years from now.

Do keep in mind that Karma rewards scale with lvls and events.

I have two lvl 80s at this time. One is sitting on 77k Karma and another is sitting on 110k Karma.

I would have bought something already, but the temple events in Leap and Cursed are all busted.

Broken Dynamic Events

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Mikki.5370

Mikki.5370

Is there any server on which the temple of melandru chain isn’t broken, and is server transfer still free? Would like to buy some stamina/power/toughness armors. Only place that sells the heavy chest with that stat combination I think. Think every temple chain is broken on Vabbi too, every one I’ve bothered to check at least. And has been like that for probably over a week.

More events are definitely broken now than 2 weeks ago or so. Back then I usually ran into only one broken event chain per zone now it’s more like 2-4.

(edited by Mikki.5370)

Broken Dynamic Events

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: nimajneb.3871

nimajneb.3871

drops two cents in the bucket
Love the game, but broken events are currently the #1 gripe I have with it. I report EVERY one I come on, with a screen shot of the location on the map as well as details on the bug. I come on them every time I play, generally between 2 the 6 stuck events in a gaming session. It’s a major problem. Dynamic Events are one of the core selling points of the game. Implement a reset of some sort, Anet. Do daily reboots. Come up with something.

Broken Dynamic Events

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Drunken Mad King.8193

Drunken Mad King.8193

Hi everyone.

Thanks for keeping this thread alive as it is important for you and for us. We are aware of the events that remain still bugged and working currently on them. We would like to thank you for your reports, as they are helping us a great deal. We will forward your concerns to the team today.

Sadly it’s Arenanet that is keeping this thread alive. Each day if you attempt to PvE you run across roadblocks in attempts to “play the game”.

Please pass this on to your team… Change all skill point challenges to simply Commune events. Put a veteran or something in front of it if you feel there needs to really be a challenge… but this way if the veteran still bugs out then people can still complete the skill challenge.

Right now the only skill to the skill challenge is being able to reach it in the 1-4 hours after an update while its up before it’s borked for a week or longer.

Broken Dynamic Events

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: KallDrexx.7368

KallDrexx.7368

At this point I’m done with this game.

The main fun of PvE at 80 is 100% map completion, which is not only impossible for me to do, but not fun anymore since every zone I go to has 3-5 stuck DE’s per zone.

The server needs to be restarted on a daily basis to lessen this happening until the issue is resolved.

Broken Dynamic Events

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Caelib.2497

Caelib.2497

It’s October, and this problem still isn’t fixed yet.

Broken Dynamic Events

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: loulakion.9741

loulakion.9741

this problem must be fixed, considering my fan self who gets disappointed from the bugged events which leads to whole bugged maps/areas and forces me to log-out, i cant imagine and answer anything to a regular player who sees/plays an unfinished game.

that for tonight, please consider that i love the game and i wanna enjoy its world : )

Broken Dynamic Events

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Badmoon.8726

Badmoon.8726

As they used to say back in Everquest days ….It isn’t a bug ..its a “feature”

Broken Dynamic Events

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Morgoth.4573

Morgoth.4573

That 1k will seem like loads once you get to Orr and hit the diminishing returns on events, and start to get lower rewards.