Farming the Giant outside Arah

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: mexay.3902

mexay.3902

Recently I’ve noticed a trend in people farming the Champion Risen Giant outside of Arah and it needs to stop.

There is several reasons why this is a problem;

1. It blocks the Arah chain event. It literally stops progress of others and means people can’t access the dungeon. This is extremely inconsiderate.
  2. It’s just going to get nerfed. The same thing happened at Lyssa and eventually we will end up with every single event not giving out loot if players do this to every event
  3. It leads to abusive comments and insults being hurled at anyone who attempts to complete. I have experienced this first hand.
  4. It’s not healthy for the economy. The more you farm this, the more the drops come in and the less things are valued at. It doesn’t take an economic expert to know that this is bad for the game.

I’ve personally brought it up with people who are doing and just get told to ‘Guest to another server’ and that itself is an issue. I shouldn’t have to guest off my own server to do a dungeon, simply because a bunch of people just want some drops. Besides, what happens when it’s being done on every server? What happens when there is no server that has Arah open because of this? Do we simply say “Oh well, nobody gets to do Arah” or do we just tell ArenaNet to take Arah out of the game and give us a zone of endless spawning enemies that can be farmed, which give out free legendaries and precursors?

No. We don’t. This whole activity and mindset needs to stop. If you want to farm, farm dungeons. I make decent money (20g+) per week without even trying, simply by playing the game. I do fractals, dailies, dungeons and more. I don’t need to stop others from progressing and event chain.

To make it clear, if you are farming this event and stopping others from completing it, you are what is wrong with this community. You’re better off playing a single player RPG. This game isn’t for you and you should probably find something else to do with your time. It’s that simply. You’re being extremely inconsiderate and really need to think about how it effects other players.

To ArenaNet:
These type of events need a nerf. You need to take out events that give endless spawning enemies that have loot tables from event chains like this. It encourages bad behaviour in players and prevents others from opening instances. It needs to stop.

noice

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: colesy.8490

colesy.8490

No it does not need a nerf. This is basically the last farming area in the entire open world, and if anet hadn’t nerfed all of the other areas, people wouldn’t be resorting to purposely making an event never end just to get some freaking loot.

Sanctum of Rall (NA) – [LOD] – PvE/Dungeon Phantasm Mesmer build
Morrï (Mesmer) | Serah Mahariel (Guardian) | Morrï Mahariel (Warrior)
“colesy’s on rampage today. Slaying casuals left, right and centre” – spoj

in Dynamic Events

mexay.3902

It does. I’m sorry but if you think it doesn’t, you’re part of the problem. Yes, ArenaNet needs to add better spots to farm, but this isn’t it. This is borderline exploiting.

Farming this event is intentionally halting the progress of other players and is not in the spirit of Guild Wars 2. It’s not acceptable and I encourage any and all players to do their best to complete the event. Don’t be part of the problem.

noice

in Dynamic Events

colesy.8490

What’s not acceptable is nerfing every single farming spot.

I will continue to be part of this “problem” because I don’t feel if I want gold I should have to live in CoF p1.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Vizier.3164

Vizier.3164

Let me get this straight, there is 50 people killing mobs, and there is you wanting to complete the event.

The 50 people have to hinder there progress so you can do your thing?

Simple fact is, if you bring a few friends, that giant is dead. But you are alone, so you wont succeed.

And if it wasnt for farming purposes, no one would be there anyway, so you’d still be allone. And still not able to complete.

So since you wont ever complete it anyway, why kitten about the ppl making some loot?

i7-3770K, XFX HD7970, ASUS SABERTOOTH, G.Skill ARES 16 GB 1600
Vizier: 80 mesm-guard-ele-war
Fort Aspenwood

in Dynamic Events

mexay.3902

Why?

I said already. It prevents Arah from being opened. You can’t enter Arah unless this event chain is completed and people don’t understand that.

noice

in Dynamic Events

colesy.8490

Just how plenty of people do with CoF and CoE, if they want to do Arah they can guest to another server.

in Dynamic Events

mexay.3902

Maybe if you read my post you’d understand why that’s a problem.

I shouldn’t HAVE to guest. Besides, what happens when every single server is contested by people doing this? What then?

Give me an explanation that doesn’t involve ‘just convince people from another server that isn’t mine to complete it"

noice

in Dynamic Events

Vizier.3164

It doesn’t prevent anything, the giant isn’t unkillable or something :/

like i said, you just cant kill it alone, and no one would be there if it wasnt for farming.
So arah would still be closed.

The problem is you.

Fort Aspenwood

in Dynamic Events

mexay.3902

Except that you’re actually wrong. It’s not unkillable because I killed it yesterday and the day before and the one before that.

It’s killable and people farming it are preventing the dungeon from being opened on that server. The problem is the farmers. Not me.

noice

in Dynamic Events

colesy.8490

Maybe if you read my post you’d understand why that’s a problem.

I shouldn’t HAVE to guest. Besides, what happens when every single server is contested by people doing this? What then?

Give me an explanation that doesn’t involve ‘just convince people from another server that isn’t mine to complete it"

We shouldn’t have to take advantage of that event just so we have somewhere to farm.

The moment Anet gives us an actual farming spot or Arah gets hit with the nerf bat is the day people will stop exploiting the event. Until then, well it’s basically the last thing in Orr which gives decent loot.

in Dynamic Events

mexay.3902

I’m sorry but this is a perfect example of selfishness

You don’t feel the need or desire to do Arah so because you don’t enjoy, therefore you think it is acceptable for you to farm an event and you are okay with blocking the progress of others for your own loot.

Others feel the need or desire to do Arah because they enjoy it or want to complete content, therefore they are right in being upset about this.

It’s not about loot, it’s about being selfish. It’s about preventing people from playing parts of the game. It’s about screwing up the economy. It’s about players like you who simply don’t care about other players, so long as you’re getting loot.

Completing content always has priority over farming. It always will. It is never acceptable to screw over other players in order for you to just get loot.

noice

in Dynamic Events

Vizier.3164

So you claim you can kill it, why are you even here then?

Do you want them to do it for you?

Dont tell me you made a topic for the sake of complaining about people farming in an MMO?

Fort Aspenwood

(edited by Moderator)

in Dynamic Events

colesy.8490

We’re all selfish. I don’t feel the need to do Arah so I farm the event, other people complete the event chain because they want to do Arah or get the chest at the end, to hell with what the farmers think.

And it isn’t screwing up the economy at all because you’re mostly getting moldy bags which have like a ~1% chance of dropping a t6 mat (as in, 1% per piece of t6, though still poor chances).

in Dynamic Events

Vizier.3164

You don’t feel the need or desire to do Arah so because you don’t enjoy, therefore you think it is acceptable for you to farm an event and you are okay with blocking the progress of others for your own loot.

Others feel the need or desire to do Arah because they enjoy it or want to complete content, therefore they are right in being upset about this.

It’s not about loot, it’s about being selfish. It’s about preventing people from playing parts of the game. It’s about screwing up the economy. It’s about players like you who simply don’t care about other players, so long as you’re getting loot.

Completing content always has priority over farming. It always will. It is never acceptable to screw over other players in order for you to just get loot.

nonononono

its the other way around. your the selfish one. you are the loner here.

YOU want it open, OTHERS want to farm.
If you would not be the loner, THEN THE GIANT WOULD BE DEAD

Fort Aspenwood

in Dynamic Events

mexay.3902

I’m here because it’s incredibly difficult depending on how many people are there. Sometimes it becomes impossible because there is upwards of 50 people. You know how it works. It gets to 10% and then “RESET RESET RESET. Back off!!!11one!” and people stand within range of the event (so it’s difficult for others to complete) and it upscales the event.

Two of the times I’ve killed it I had to have help from friends and call out on my whisper list. I also got abused in chat for it. The other time I was lucky and there was only about 15 people farming it, so I could solo it.

I also stated that it’s not about farming. I take no issue with people farming an event, as long as it doesn’t prevent content completion If you want to farm other events, go nuts, but when you start farming ones that contest a dungeon or temple, then it becomes a problem. I thought this went without saying?

noice

in Dynamic Events

Vizier.3164

Besides, this game has a DR system that prevents the economy from being screwed from farming, after a certain amount of drops, you wont get anything anymore.

Fort Aspenwood

in Dynamic Events

mexay.3902

nonononono

its the other way around. your the selfish one. you are the loner here.

YOU want it open, OTHERS want to farm.
If you would not be the loner, THEN THE GIANT WOULD BE DEAD

I want to actually play the game, therefore I’m in the right. I want complete a dungeon and event chain for fun. You want to farm an event for loot, something you can do anywhere else. I want to open it so others can enter the dungeon too.

How can you even justify this? You’re intentionally halting the progress of others for your own benefit. What if someone says “Hey guys let’s complete this”

Would you actually help, or would you stand back and watch as he painfully attempts to kill it on his own? I think we all know what the people farming this would do. I’ve seen it and experienced it first hand.

noice

(edited by Moderator)

in Dynamic Events

colesy.8490

Farming isn’t playing the game?

I feel like farming it now purely to spite you.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: SpedalFlux.1520

SpedalFlux.1520

1. DO NOT post and publicize potential exploits on the forums
2. If you think it is a exploit, send a support ticket
3. Wait for Anets action

(edited by Moderator)

in Dynamic Events

mexay.3902

This kind of farming isn’t playing it, no.

noice

(edited by Moderator)

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

If anyone wants to finish the event…they can. The farmers are not having any actual effect on ones ability to complete it. Remember the event wouldn’t be completed if the farmers were not there as well, so them being there really doesn’t change much. If anything it’ll make killing the giant easier as the adds will most likely be non issue due to the farmers killing them as they spawn.<-reaching

Anywho…I don’t see this as an issue.

Serenity now~Insanity later

(edited by Moderator)

in Dynamic Events

mexay.3902

Except that’s not correct.

People back off so far that the adds don’t aggro them. If you’ve been around when they reset it, you’ll understand. It’s incredibly difficult to solo when there is that many people.

The biggest issue with this is people don’t actually understand the impact it has.

Events get upscaled, that means the more people there, the harder they get, because the game thinks those players are trying to complete it. Thus if there is 50 people there and only 1 trying to complete it and then they all back off, you get an event that is so difficult, 50 people are usually required to complete it, but only one person doing it.

So one guy, doing 50 people’s work. It’s not as simple as, “just complete it.” That person takes on all the aggro and unless they’re incredibly good, usually die within seconds.

This isn’t even taking into account the abuse that gets hurled their way.

You need to think about how events work and what blocking the chain from finishing actually does before you start defending the farm.

I’ll spell it out again.

1. If the event is not completed, Arah stays closed
  2. The more people there, the more difficult the event.
  3. Even backing off a minor amount keeps the event up-levelled. If there is 50 players and one wants to complete it, they’re doing an event designed to be completed by 50 people
  4. Farming this has an impact on the economy, DR or not. It affects it.
  5. People who attempt to complete it often receive abusive remarks and insults
  6. Farming this blocks Arah from being opened
  7. Farming this blocks Arah from being opened
  8. Farming this blocks Arah from being opened
  9. Farming this blocks Arah from being opened
  10. If all servers are doing this, Arah is closed from the game completely.
  11. If all servers are doing this, Arah is closed from the game completely.
  12. Guesting isn’t a solution, for other dungeons you have the option of completing the event or guesting. With this you do not.

Those are facts. They are not opinions. That is how this game functions.

noice

(edited by Moderator)

in Dynamic Events

colesy.8490

If Arah is not open and you want to do it, guest.

All servers will not be farming this event, just how during the Lyssa farm I remember the temple being opened plenty of times on Seafarer’s Rest.

And no, farming this will not have an impact on the economy. Lyssa did because of the wraiths dropping crystalline dust which was expensive at the time, Arah just has your regular risen which spam moldy bags.

(edited by Moderator)

in Dynamic Events

mexay.3902

Hardly. I’ve already stated there is nothing wrong with farming. I encourage it if it’s what makes people happy, just not in places that blocks a dungeon

If Arah is not open and you want to do it, guest.

I covered this.

All servers will not be farming this event, just how during the Lyssa farm I remember the temple being opened plenty of times on Seafarer’s Rest.

But what happens when they are? What happens when it just becomes acceptable to farm these events and everyone does it? Where do we say no?

And no, farming this will not have an impact on the economy. Lyssa did because of the wraiths dropping crystalline dust which was expensive at the time, Arah just has your regular risen which spam moldy bags.

Moldy Bags -> Materials. Materials subsequently become worth less. This means when you actually get a t6 mat as a drop, it’s worth nothing. They also drop rares and exotics, making rares, exotics, ectos, dust, runes, sigils and ores worth far less. It’s the whole reason why botting is bad. They farm endlessly, there is more supply of items and it grows so large it makes things like Ancient Bones worth 80c.

Next you’ll be saying that you should get a free legendary just for logging in, along with 8000 gems and a commander tag.

noice

(edited by Moderator)

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Amun Ra.6435

Amun Ra.6435

Really? Another “Arah Giant” thread???

@OP…No one is stopping you from completing the event. No one. If you and your group do not have the man power to finish the event…then tough.

It is VERY easy to guest to another server where Arah is open.

Your post contains an awful lot of “what if’s”, none of which make any sense…don’t start the “what if” war…that will lead to nothing.

(edited by Amun Ra.6435)

in Dynamic Events

Essence Snow.3194

People back off so far that the adds don’t aggro them. If you’ve been around when they reset it, you’ll understand. It’s incredibly difficult to solo when there is that many people.

The biggest issue with this is people don’t actually understand the impact it has.

Events get upscaled, that means the more people there, the harder they get, because the game thinks those players are trying to complete it. Thus if there is 50 people there and only 1 trying to complete it and then they all back off, you get an event that is so difficult, 50 people are usually required to complete it, but only one person doing it.

So one guy, doing 50 people’s work. It’s not as simple as, “just complete it.” That person takes on all the aggro and unless they’re incredibly good, usually die within seconds.

You need to think about how events work and what blocking the chain from finishing actually does before you start defending the farm.

I’ll spell it out again.

3. Even backing off a minor amount keeps the event up-levelled. If there is 50 players and one wants to complete it, they’re doing an event designed to be completed by 50 people
  12. Guesting isn’t a solution, for other dungeons you have the option of completing the event or guesting. With this you do not.

The scaling thing is valid…I’ll give you that. You shouldn’t be soloing this group event though. Not being able to solo it is irrelevant. Does the scaling prevent a group of 5 from completing the event? Insults are also irrelevant btw. Those go both ways and are realistically part of the internet in general.

(edited by Moderator)

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Curae.1837

Curae.1837

I’ve skimmed over a part of the topic; just to say that first.

Personally I’ve never ran Arah, so had no need to have it open; I haven’t farmed the event either.
Sure, thanks to farmers tier6 mats are cheaper(which is both good and bad); and there aren’t much farming spots left.

But I can see where the OP is coming from. It IS frustrating when people are deliberately farming an event for hours; blocking progress for others, not to mention badmouthing the people who DO wish to finish the event.
I’ve had this issue myself with Claw of Jormag where a bunch of people eventually showed up to help complete the event; after we finally managed to get the claw to land (and while trying to get him to do so) we were badmouthed by the group of farmers while they stood there doing nothing but yelling at us. And that is just to complete an event; it isn’t blocking progress for others.

Events aren’t there to be farmed, but to be completed. Tbh; I think that events that could block progress should be more like CoF; on a frigging timer.

“When we remember that we are all mad.
The mysteries dissapear and life stands explained.”

in Dynamic Events

Amun Ra.6435

I’ll spell it out again.

OMG dude…none of those listed are “facts”, stop while you are behind man lol..really.

All servers are not doing this…again, All servers are not doing this! nor will they ever all be doing this. By your own words…were the only one trying to complete the event!

If you want to solo Arah so bad, GUEST! I promise you…there will be a Arah open…really, there will be.

No more “what if’s” please…

(edited by Moderator)

in Dynamic Events

mexay.3902

Another? I wasn’t aware there was others but clearly other people take issue with it.

You have totally ignored the thread. I’ll try again.

You. Can. Not. Complete. It. With. People. Farming. It.

It’s possible but it’s incredibly difficult and people abuse and insult you. If there is 50 people doing it and only 1 is trying to complete it, it’s not the difficulty of a 1 man event. It’s the difficulty of a 50 man event.

You also should not have to guest just because people want ‘epic loot $$$’

Go farm CoF or something that isn’t impacting other players.

noice

in Dynamic Events

mexay.3902

I’ll spell it out again.

OMG dude…none of those listed are “facts”, stop while you are behind man lol..really.

All servers are not doing this…again, ..All servers are not doing this! nor will they ever all be doing this. By your own words…were the only one trying to complete the event!

If you want to solo Arah so bad, GUEST! I promise you…there will be a Arah open…really, there will be.

No more “what if’s” please.

6. If all servers are doing this, Arah is closed from the game completely.
  7. Guesting isn’t a solution, for other dungeons you have the option of completing the event or guesting. With this you do not.

Facts. Literal facts. Tell me otherwise. Address them. One by one.

They are actual facts. They are something that is true. You can’t swing it any other way. Halting the event chain closes Arah. Fact. Farming this does impact the economy. Fact. If all servers do it Arah is closed from the game. Fact. Events get upscaled when more people are there, which in turn makes it harder. Fact.

Guesting is not and should not be a solution to the problem. What if you guest to two servers and they have the same issue? There’s your two guests per 24 hours. I and every other player should just stand aside and let you continue on your merry way? No. That’s not fair and not part of the game.

I’m not going to play another game, because I actually want to play the game. I want to do Arah. I want to finish the event and so do others. That’s being prevented by people mindlessly farming.

noice

(edited by Moderator)

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Anet created a game in which the acquisition of rare skins (not just legendaries) is about the only carrot available. Getting such skins often involves getting large amounts of T6 mats and/or other expensive materials. Players generally will take the shortest/easiest path to any in-game goal.

It seems to me like ever since the “nothing to do, nothing to work for” spam which started not that long after launch, ANet has been doing everything in its power to slow down those players who want to get what they want as soon as possible. This has included the systematic nerfing of every farm spot that has become popular.

I don’t know if a solution can be found that will please both that segment of the player-base and ANet. However, as long as there isn’t one, those players will continue to flock to the next-fastest means to gain coin/mats. If ANet nerfs this event somehow, then they’ll be gone and many servers will never see the Arah chain completed.

What this says to me is that more players are enjoying the progress towards their goal than are enjoying the event.

in Dynamic Events

Amun Ra.6435

Another? I wasn’t aware there was others but clearly other people take issue with it.

It’s possible but it’s incredibly difficult and people abuse and insult you. If there is 50 people doing it and only 1 is trying to complete it, it’s not the difficulty of a 1 man event. It’s the difficulty of a 50 man event.

Let me be clear…

Let me be very clear Yes.You.Can. Regardless of farmers You.Can.Still.Complete.It.!
But! It’s a group event…don’t rage because you can’t solo it.

in Dynamic Events

Amun Ra.6435

I’m not going to play another game, because I actually want to play the game. I want to do Arah. I want to finish the event and so do others. That’s being prevented by people mindlessly farming.

If that’s the case completing the event should be cake and this thread is now pointless…correct?

in Dynamic Events

mexay.3902

Let me be clear…

Let me be very clear Yes.You.Can. Regardless of farmers You.Can.Still.Complete.It.!
But! It’s a group event…don’t rage because you can’t solo it.

Have you even tried? It’s extremely difficult, depending on the amount of players there.

You can but it’s very difficult, and I run fractals 48 on a regular basis.

noice

in Dynamic Events

mexay.3902

That wasn’t my point.

I was making the point that it’s difficult and that it’s coming from someone who does some of the hardest content in game. It’s difficult by those standards. I’m making the point that I’m not just some scrub who can’t play the game and yet it’s legitimately difficult to complete with them there.

noice

(edited by Moderator)

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: EgonVenkman.1907

EgonVenkman.1907

I eagerly look forward to Anet smacking this HARD with the nerf bat. And you only have yourselves to blame.

Colin Johanson: "Everyone, including casual gamers,
by level 80 should have the best statistical loot in the game.”
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-09-27-guild-wars-2-preview?page=3

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Fallout.1798

Fallout.1798

It is VERY easy to guest to another server where Arah is open.

So, how then will I find out which servers have Arah opened? Because you can only guest to 2 servers per 24 hours. If they guest to 2 different servers and they are BOTH not unlocked, plus the person’s own server, then they can’t get in.

Stormbluff Isle
[AoD]- Commander Vars Wolf

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: SammiLinn.9273

SammiLinn.9273

there are lots of sites that tell you what stuff is open on what servers

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Asurastafarian.9708

Asurastafarian.9708

Here’s my two cents mex. I am farming the giant now because I am kittening poor. If Anet had a way for me to actually make money in this game ( i dont do dungeons and I cant do them by myself – not like in Wow where I could easily farm my own wool just with a new DK). I have made more money in the last few days farming than I ever made in this game and I love it. I can actually pay gold to level a toon just like almost everyone else does now. I did not play this game to farm, I want to be in WvW but with only 1 lvl 80 and being poor, things cost a lot ok ? That said, if someone is there with us and wants to finish Arah for a good reason, I think we should be considerate of those people. If you have been farming the event for 2 hours, why is it so hard to take a break ? Do you really have to be doing this all day ? Either way, I think it’s Anet’s problem, not ours. They need to come up with a better way to make money instead of just making it harder.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Raestloz.7134

Raestloz.7134

To ArenaNet:
These type of events need a nerf. You need to take out events that give endless spawning enemies that have loot tables from event chains like this. It encourages bad behaviour in players and prevents others from opening instances. It needs to stop. And give those farmers another place to farm, like, NAO

I fixed that for you, because I’m feeling generous.

People flock to Giant because it makes money, there is literally no other reason people flock to him like that. The only way to make people go away from the Giant (and ergo, the entirety of Orr) is to nerf it so hard the zombies no longer drop any loot, at which point, congratulations: you have encouraged ANet to shoo people away from Orr forever.

Shelter? Killed
Penitent? Killed
Jofast? Killed
Lyssa? Killed
Giant? We’ll see

Check Orr, no, check Cursed Shore alone is there even any life there? You see a few players here and there mining mithril/orichalcum and chopping elder/ancient woods, maybe some odd times players open Arah up, and that’s that.

For an endgame content, Orr is devoid of life (pun intended), the Giant being the only thing that draws people to Orr. Does the giant need to be nerfed? Sure, I acknowledge that it blocks the path to Arah. Is that the best decision? No, absolutely not. With CoF under nerf bat’s swing path, it’s only a matter of time before farming spots get killed entirely, and then you can say goodbye to finding others in an MMO

in Dynamic Events

mexay.3902

To ArenaNet:
These type of events need a nerf. You need to take out events that give endless spawning enemies that have loot tables from event chains like this. It encourages bad behaviour in players and prevents others from opening instances. It needs to stop. And give those farmers another place to farm, like, NAO

I fixed that for you, because I’m feeling generous.

People flock to Giant because it makes money, there is literally no other reason people flock to him like that. The only way to make people go away from the Giant (and ergo, the entirety of Orr) is to nerf it so hard the zombies no longer drop any loot, at which point, congratulations: you have encouraged ANet to shoo people away from Orr forever.

Shelter? Killed
Penitent? Killed
Jofast? Killed
Lyssa? Killed
Giant? We’ll see

Check Orr, no, check Cursed Shore alone is there even any life there? You see a few players here and there mining mithril/orichalcum and chopping elder/ancient woods, maybe some odd times players open Arah up, and that’s that.

For an endgame content, Orr is devoid of life (pun intended), the Giant being the only thing that draws people to Orr. Does the giant need to be nerfed? Sure, I acknowledge that it blocks the path to Arah. Is that the best decision? No, absolutely not. With CoF under nerf bat’s swing path, it’s only a matter of time before farming spots get killed entirely, and then you can say goodbye to finding others in an MMO

I can see your point, I both understand and agree with you. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not trying to stop people from making money. Making money is great, I’m just frustrated by the people who don’t even consider that it impacts others.

I’d personally recommend that if people want to make money, they run dungeons. They’re fun, they make you a better player and they’re decent for money. I make upwards of 20g a week just by doing dungeons really casually and I’m not talking about CoF. Run CoE, run Arah, Run AC, Run HotW, hell even run fractals. But that being said, it’s just a recommendation and if you want to farm events in Orr, I wont stop you.

I want to make it clear that I understand both sides of this and take no issue with others making money or farming. I only take issue with the prevention of opening Arah. If you’re someone who is farming it, but someone comes along and requests it to be completed and you help them then you are not the problem. You are not part of the issue and this post is not directed at you.

noice

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Gasoline.2570

Gasoline.2570

Oh no look at that! Some players are actually having a good time farming for mats that cannot be farmed otherwise and you want to stop it?

The balance team is chained to SPVP, and the PVE team is all about producing carnivals

(edited by Moderator)

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Ballads.2509

Ballads.2509

World

Cursed Shore
While attacking the Champion Risen Giant at the Promenade of the Gods, most of the risen defenders will stop spawning once the “Risen Presence” objective is completed.

(edited by Moderator)

in Dynamic Events

Essence Snow.3194

Another mass exodus out of Cursed Shore is more like it.

I have always wondered why farming nerfs can be promptly addressed yet major game breaking bugs cannot.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Feelm.1938

Feelm.1938

If people are in Cursed Shore to intentionally prevent others from progressing then by all means bring on the empty zone. Not that that’ll actually happen.

Back to CoF you go! I’m sure you’ll be able to guest to a server if it isn’t available on your home one

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Asurastafarian.9708

Asurastafarian.9708

If people are in Cursed Shore to intentionally prevent others from progressing then by all means bring on the empty zone. Not that that’ll actually happen.

Back to CoF you go! I’m sure you’ll be able to guest to a server if it isn’t available on your home one

The only intention was to make money (and some of us are poor), not stop someone from progressing. It’s just ONE kittenING EVENT. Is it too much to ask for a way to make money that doesn’t involve me having to party with others and do a dungeon ? Seriously, Anet, get a kittening reality check and let people do what they want !

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Vaypur.7465

Vaypur.7465

Wow, seriously, really ?!!! …….. people spend hours on forums complaining about being blocked from a dungeon that is uncontested on other servers ? Its a 30 second job to check the access status on a website, get 1 of the 5 in party to guest to that server and give the party door access. And a lot quicker than waiting 30 mins + for an event chain to complete.

Orr is Dead ! Long live ….. err ….. well …. nothing really. This was the last adrenalin rush in game and way better than any of the dragon events.

Also please don’t tell me to go back to running dungeons, after the 100th time they are so boring, no randomness, worst grind ever !

At least with the Giant you had chaos and engagement, excitement about loot drops, a feeling of achieving a goal towards getting mats / gold for a legendary (have you checked the price of precursors lately ?)

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Gasoline.2570

Gasoline.2570

While attacking the Champion Risen Giant at the Promenade of the Gods, most of the risen defenders will stop spawning once the “Risen Presence” objective is completed.

The balance team is chained to SPVP, and the PVE team is all about producing carnivals

(edited by Moderator)

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Raestloz.7134

Raestloz.7134

Congratulations! No more life in Orr. ANet has successfully killed Cursed Shore for good

Long live player-less contents!