King of DEs farming in Orr?

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Salabajzer.8509

Salabajzer.8509

Hey guys,

I have warrior that i farm with, but sometimes its just impossible and annoying to tag mobs before they are dead. So im looking for easier class to tag mobs with and get loot.
Ive read many threads on forums and there are 3 main professions that ppl like:
1. Engineer with flamethrower and bombs
2. Thief with cluster bomb(or something)
3. Gardians with staff and GS

What do you think whats best profession for tagging mobs before they die in seconds?
I also play on very populated server so there is many ppl waiting for mobs to spawn

Question: While im here i also just found out that there is anti farm code that gives you lower loot the more u kill same kind of mobs, how does that works and when does it reset? Today i had pretty low drop rate then past few days doing events in cursed shore.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: SteepledHat.1345

SteepledHat.1345

Staff elementalist, Air skill 1 – chain lightning.

“Failure to remain calm is the sign of a weak mind.”

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: BabelFish.7234

BabelFish.7234

I use Cluster bombs with my thief and tag everything, to the point where a plinx run+5/6 runes of the pirate will get me 1-1.5 gold. The trick is to know where they spawn and insta detonate the bombs while you stand where they spawn.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Baron of Winters.5697

Baron of Winters.5697

Staff elementalist, Air skill 1 – chain lightning.

This. And the occasional switch to fire attunement for the 5 skill.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Natsu Dragneel.1625

Natsu Dragneel.1625

warrior, bladetrail + whirlwind hits practically everything in the mob, unless there are a tonn of farmers there aoe’ing everything

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Salabajzer.8509

Salabajzer.8509

warrior, bladetrail + whirlwind hits practically everything in the mob, unless there are a tonn of farmers there aoe’ing everything

Trust me there is like 50 ppl doing aoes all the time on blacktide.. i just feel like warrior is not good at tagging mobs like some other professions

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Obie.3268

Obie.3268

Group up with others, it solves a lot of issues with dealing sufficient damage to guarantee a loot drop.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Artemeas.8763

Artemeas.8763

Remember when there are 50 people runnign plinx the problem is that there are 50 people running plinx.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Nub.2391

Nub.2391

well, plz allow me to laugh at where u heard that those engineer, guardian, thief tag mobs best.

no class can tags mobs better than Necro. Necros Marks has 1200 range, large area with trait and stay on until triggered. so its work just like traps. you can place 1 marks on the location and wait for…reward. not to mention u have 5 marks to place at a time…^_^ plus well and minions work too

(edited by Nub.2391)

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Bartas.4908

Bartas.4908

If Necro is the best thief must come close behind IMO. SB #1 hits few targets and clusterbomb is very nice if you time it right (looooong flight time). Add to it poison arrow AoE, elite daggers and sigil of fire in SB and you’re done. I usually end up with 4 × 15 slot bags filled halfway plinx event. Too bad it does not mean I drop loads of rares but oh well…

Proud member of [BOO]
Thief/Necro/Guardian/Mesmer/Elementalist of SFR EU

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Shamrocky.5036

Shamrocky.5036

Rangers also have great skills for AoE DE farming. 3 large traps they can place on the ground that hit the mob before they can be seen. Longbow has a very large AoE that will continue to hit mobs after the animation ends. Axe chain attack, and Entangle elite that roots all mobs around the ranger.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: RAZZ.4270

RAZZ.4270

The best way is to do your farming at low pop times. There is a huge dropoff in players at midnight on Blacktide and the loot just flows in when there is only 5-8 players doing it. When you have 50+ its hard for everyone.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

I always though Warriors WERE the best class to farm Dynamic Events.

But yeah, obviously if there are 20+ people farming Plinx, no one is going to have an easy time tagging mobs.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Nonlinear.9823

Nonlinear.9823

guardian staff 1 spam.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: karma.8763

karma.8763

Dont know how hard it is to tag mobs with warrior lol, grab greatsword, get into position unleash hundred blades…….profit, use other skills to grab runners.