Tequatl... Desert

Tequatl... Desert

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Iridiana.9078

Iridiana.9078

Yesterday evening at 10PM in Piken Square main server… there were 5 people when Tequatl popped up.
Today at 3 PM it was totally desert here. Only ME and Tequatl.
LOOK -> http://www.imageshack.com/i/2hgt6gj

Guys… What do you think is the future of this event?
No one is caring about it anymore.
I tried Tequatl every day since it was released last month and I didn’t manage to kill him a single time. I think it’s the same for other players and no one is going to waste money in teleporting and armor repair anymore.
This event is already dead and it’s only 2-3 weeks it’s available.

Iridiana – Sylvari Ranger
Server: Piken Square
Leader of Dark Shines [Dsh]

Tequatl... Desert

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: xephire.8324

xephire.8324

The difficulty is too kitten high. I guess Anet did a great job increasing the difficulty a bit too much.

Tequatl... Desert

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

As I posted on a thread that was deleted, I believe it’s good for the event that it’s empty. Loads of people were the prime reason players failed the event in the first place, overflows, inability to play with friends/guildies, requirement to be there hours earlier to “reserve” a spot etc. It wasn’t a very fun experience, combined with the extra difficulty and terrible loot rewards made the event die.

Unless they fix reward/overflow issues with events such as this, I’m happy with them being empty. That way organised/big guilds can take him down, without the need to play with the overflow system. There are still guilds doing Tequatl, just not as often as before.

Tequatl... Desert

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Aphix.9846

Aphix.9846

Its not worth the effort, simple as that, I killed it 3 times for the achievements when it first came out, took alot of organizing and time yet I got nothing lol … also 10 pm is prime time for wvw, especially on piken lol.

Tequatl... Desert

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Bezayne.6459

Bezayne.6459

The event is still being done regularly, but mainly by dedicated guilds who spend quite some time prior to each fight scouting out an overflow and then populating it with their own members. Which shows the main weakness of this fight within GW2’s system – it needs organization to have a reasonable chance at success, but you can’t organize randoms well enough, nor can you reliably bring your own guildies into just any non-overflow map.

Have the wrong people claim the turrets and you can say good-bye to your kill. All of this runs counter to what GW2 usually stands for – open content where everyone is welcome to join, all other world bosses are “the more the merrier”, just not this one. The more, yes, but not just anybody.

It needs changes, mainly to make it easier to organize, not really the encounter itself. It is not fun to wait around for a hour for Teq to spawn as otherwise you can’t get your people into the map. And it isn’t fun for randoms because they have almost no chance at all at a successful kill.

As it is it works rather badly as an open world boss.

Tequatl... Desert

in Dynamic Events

xephire.8324

Open world boss or events just won’t work.

Tequatl... Desert

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

Open world boss or events just won’t work.

Go tell Anet, they love this crap.

That said: make it doable by a guild “raid”, with guild bonuses and rewards.

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

Tequatl... Desert

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

Yesterday evening at 10PM in Piken Square main server… there were 5 people when Tequatl popped up.
Today at 3 PM it was totally desert here. Only ME and Tequatl.
LOOK -> http://www.imageshack.com/i/2hgt6gj

Guys… What do you think is the future of this event?
No one is caring about it anymore.
I tried Tequatl every day since it was released last month and I didn’t manage to kill him a single time. I think it’s the same for other players and no one is going to waste money in teleporting and armor repair anymore.
This event is already dead and it’s only 2-3 weeks it’s available.

People do care… but those that do care have already joined organized guilds doing it (TTS in NA. for example, not sure in EU) instead of just trying on regular server maps. I didn’t try last night, but two nights ago Yak’s Bend main map had like 10 people on it on prime time, some were AFK, while TTS had 4 overflows full and if we have had more time to organize, we could have probably filled a 5th one based on the amount of people asking for party to join, but couldn’t because they were all full.

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

Tequatl... Desert

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

Maybe if this kind of thing could have been predicted?…….Oh wait…it was………..As someone else noted in another thread, yes there are a lot of conflicting opinions on this forum, but if they listened to the overall tones, they could have seen this type of thing coming as it was an evident concern of a lot of posters prior to implementation.

Serenity now~Insanity later

Tequatl... Desert

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

The difficulty isnt too high, its the scaling that is non-existent. Its impossible to kill Tequatl with anything less than 100 peeps. A “large” 50 man guild? Forget about it, its not enough. So its not even a “raid” for guilds anymore. Pretty much the only way it happen is when 3-4 guilds band together and kill him (ie pretty much like Balthazar).

Maybe that’s how Anet intended it? I would love to hear their own opinion on event scaling. If Tequila is even supposed to scale.

Tequatl... Desert

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

Are you surprised? It was inevitable. There are other world bosses, easier to get them. Although, they’re more tedious than before too..

Tequatl... Desert

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Tower Guard.5263

Tower Guard.5263

At day 1 people were saying that this would happen and guess what? It happened.

But I guess Anet is just going to say: You guys wanted harder content right? We gave you what you wanted.

(edited by Tower Guard.5263)

Tequatl... Desert

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Seven Star Stalker.1740

Seven Star Stalker.1740

This happens on TC .-.

Also, they buffed the rewards in the last patch.

I ? Karkas.

Tequatl... Desert

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

They missed the mark on the last update. They increased the drops but didn’t reduce the difficulty. Now before I get flamed when saying they needed to reduce the difficulty by those that feel he is fine let me go on. When it is only do-able by those co-ordinated to do the task it should be placed in it’s own instance (hence the TTS guild looking for it’s own overflow) then it is NOT for the open world. Better rewards are nice, but this content either belongs in it’s own instance (raid) or needs to be more pug friendly or it will continue to be out of reach for the majority of the open world pve player base. I will add that if all the world bosses receive the same treatment, then I don’t expect many will bother with dragon timers.

In all honesty jormag, golem MK II are what open world content should be. Yes they could still use some tweaking (no safe spots for the golem etc), but as we can see players continue to do them.

Tequatl... Desert

in Dynamic Events

Iridiana.9078

Its not worth the effort, simple as that, I killed it 3 times for the achievements when it first came out, took alot of organizing and time yet I got nothing lol … also 10 pm is prime time for wvw, especially on piken lol.

Piken is a very good server also for PvE events. You can find plenty of players at any other world boss event during prime time

It needs changes, mainly to make it easier to organize, not really the encounter itself. It is not fun to wait around for a hour for Teq to spawn as otherwise you can’t get your people into the map. And it isn’t fun for randoms because they have almost no chance at all at a successful kill.
As it is it works rather badly as an open world boss.

I really quote this.
I think this is OPEN WORLD, a place which everyone can enjoy. If they intended to organize people for such a difficult event it would be better to put it into an instance.
Don’t you think it’s soooo sad to see this dragon spawn every 1h30m and no one doing it? World bosses are fun cause you can randomly join the events, find players here and fight with them even if you don’t know them.

I’m a leader of a medium guild, I don’t (and I can’t) join other guilds in order to do Tequatl. I tried two times to organize this fight with other friendly guilds of our allience, we were 80-100 players but anyway we didn’t manage to kill him. We discussed how to organize the fight, we had the right equipment, potions and buffs for everyone, 2 commanders, voice chat… Anyway the event was still too difficult.

I really wonder if I’ll ever get these achievements… Maybe one day I’ll get lucky and randomly I’ll join a server/overflow were someone else is still well organizing for this event. In the meantime shall I keep watching at the desolation of players in front of this dragon?
Tequatl alone roaring and scaring… no one?

Tequatl... Desert

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

This happens on TC .-.

Also, they buffed the rewards in the last patch.

Yep, and it seems to be still dead the few times I went to check on it (Ring of Fire).

The fact that Tequatl simply spawns at the moment means there is no time for people to actually organise enough to defeat him, unless your group is actually ready and waiting you just won’t have a group of players capable of taking him down.

The Tequatl fight itself is good but it just doesn’t fit into open world content where it has always been “drop in and play”. It’s a bit late in the day to be changing that.

They need to change this fight. If they want hard content like that needs coordination it should be given to and controllable/spawnable by the guilds that will be running it.

(edited by Pifil.5193)

Tequatl... Desert

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: rizzo.1079

rizzo.1079

Not surprising. Out of 10 or so times I tried the event I never saw him get below 90%hp. That doesn’t make me want to beat it, that makes me want to go do other things that aren’t completely frustrating. I get frustrated enough at work throughout the day, I don’t want to be frustrated by my relaxation time.

Tequatl... Desert

in Dynamic Events

Iridiana.9078

I also would like to quote something I read some days ago.
It was the Questions & Answers at Eurogamer Expo with Anet devs (leader Mike Zadorojiny discussing on Living World).

“Q: Tequatl update is nice but it destroys your party, home server due to overcrowded home servers and overflows A: We are aware of it and actively discussing it.We were hoping originally it would take days/weeks for players to defeat Tequatl instead of 12 hrs.

This statement really upset me.
Do they really believe no one in an MMO could be able to beat a content in the first day? In hundred of thousands of players there’s always someone or some guild able to understand and perform even the most difficult tasks.
But also… Do they really believe normal players would keep trying this for weeks or months? Don’t they know people get bored waaaay before when they always fail?

(edited by Iridiana.9078)

Tequatl... Desert

in Dynamic Events

xephire.8324

I also would like to quote something I read some days ago.
It was the Questions & Answers at Eurogamer Expo with Anet devs (leader Mike Zadorojiny discussing on Living World).

“Q: Tequatl update is nice but it destroys your party, home server due to overcrowded home servers and overflows A: We are aware of it and actively discussing it.We were hoping originally it would take days/weeks for players to defeat Tequatl instead of 12 hrs.

This statement really upset me.
Do they really believe no one in an MMO could be able to beat a content in the first day? In hundred of thousands of players there’s always someone or some guild able to understand and perform even the most difficult tasks.
But also… Do they really believe normal players would keep trying this for weeks or months? Don’t they know people get bored waaaay before when they always fail?

apparently they dont do research.Their way of working or planning is ok great this idea seems awesome lets implement it straight away .

Tequatl... Desert

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

Because normal players like getting their rears handed to them so badly that they would keep coming back and doing the event for weeks on end.

Only hardcore players would keep coming back for weeks until they beat this event. A casual or normal player would quit coming after being humiliated so badly the first couple of times.

Tequatl... Desert

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

The difficulty isn’t the only problem. It’s the reward. I’ve done him half a dozen times (not on my own server mind you, I had to guest) and have received nothing of any value. I’m not doing it again when I can capture 4 towers or kill 4 champions and get equivilent loot for MUCH less effort.

I’m sorry, but this isn’t a traditional MMO. There isn’t a real gear treadmill in this game. There’s no reason these things shouldn’t have a near 100% chance to drop loot with a rare chance of the unique tequatl skins.

These bosses need to be removed from the real world and placed inside a instance. It may require a UI rewrite and some actual effort, but there shouldn’t be a doubt in anyone’s mind that Tequatl was a complete and utter failure. Just like a lot of their most recent changes.

Tequatl… failure.
Bloodlust… failure.
Oct 15th balance patch… we’ll see.

Tequatl... Desert

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Holland.9351

Holland.9351

They should basically revert Tequatl back to how it was, but add the new version as a “guild raid”, which you can enter like a “guild rush” or “guild puzzle”.

Tequatl... Desert

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Tower Guard.5263

Tower Guard.5263

They should basically revert Tequatl back to how it was, but add the new version as a “guild raid”, which you can enter like a “guild rush” or “guild puzzle”.

This is a very good idea.

Tequatl... Desert

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

tequatl isnt unbeatable, or even really that hard. Its mostly about organization. As for the number of people required, i think they said its 80, after that i think scales up to like map limit.
the people who want to beat it now, are spread out among different servers and all meet up, this means, many servers populations of people who want to do it, do it elsewhere.

the biggest error i feel is having a timed event without a pre event, and also now they dont even announce tequatl. The overflow issue isnt optimal, but its probably the best solution, i doubt many servers have 100 people at the same time that want to do a difficult event they may fail very often, when you take the 24 or so NA servers, you can probably field 4-5 overflows at peak time.

However i think its a lot better for the game to have some hard content, Some things should be a little harder to achieve. In one year people still havent learned sometimes its better to waypoint than to stay dead on the floor for 70% of a fight. The only way people will get better is if some things in the game require it.

while i wouldnt make the whole game like this, having a few events on this level is good for the game i think

Tequatl... Desert

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

This was predictable. Waiting 2 hours to do a boss you have 5% chance to win against to get a bunch of greens is just not fun.

I like guildwars 2 when I was discovering the skills, the maps, and the WvW mechanics. Now I realize it has little to sustain interest in comparison to GW1 (GvG) besides dressing up your characters.

They need to make it so that legendaries and ascended (or any item, minis included) can drop anywhere in a level 80 zone and in WvW (even if the chance are minuscule).
They need to randomize the champion spawn time so people cannot chain them.
They need to focus both on PvE and PvP badly:
PvE needs more than a dungeon, it needs like 15 new super difficult areas to explore (ring of fire? desert?).
WvW needs 3 different borderlands and 2 battlegrounds.
Bosses needs to be at the end of long and dark caverns, not in the outside world beside a waypoint.

So many things are done wrong simply because they want people to waste money on gems or because they lack vision.

Tequatl... Desert

in Dynamic Events

xephire.8324

This was predictable. Waiting 2 hours to do a boss you have 5% chance to win against to get a bunch of greens is just not fun.

I like guildwars 2 when I was discovering the skills, the maps, and the WvW mechanics. Now I realize it has little to sustain interest in comparison to GW1 (GvG) besides dressing up your characters.

They need to make it so that legendaries and ascended (or any item, minis included) can drop anywhere in a level 80 zone and in WvW (even if the chance are minuscule).
They need to randomize the champion spawn time so people cannot chain them.
They need to focus both on PvE and PvP badly:
PvE needs more than a dungeon, it needs like 15 new super difficult areas to explore (ring of fire? desert?).
WvW needs 3 different borderlands and 2 battlegrounds.
Bosses needs to be at the end of long and dark caverns, not in the outside world beside a waypoint.

So many things are done wrong simply because they want people to waste money on gems or because they lack vision.

More like no vision.But the vision for money.

Tequatl... Desert

in Dynamic Events

phys.7689

The difficulty isn’t the only problem. It’s the reward. I’ve done him half a dozen times (not on my own server mind you, I had to guest) and have received nothing of any value. I’m not doing it again when I can capture 4 towers or kill 4 champions and get equivilent loot for MUCH less effort.

I’m sorry, but this isn’t a traditional MMO. There isn’t a real gear treadmill in this game. There’s no reason these things shouldn’t have a near 100% chance to drop loot with a rare chance of the unique tequatl skins.

These bosses need to be removed from the real world and placed inside a instance. It may require a UI rewrite and some actual effort, but there shouldn’t be a doubt in anyone’s mind that Tequatl was a complete and utter failure. Just like a lot of their most recent changes.

Tequatl… failure.
Bloodlust… failure.
Oct 15th balance patch… we’ll see.

what good is removing it from the game world? people who play mostly open world content have been hollering about 1 afk play for months. truth is open world people need to learn that they are pretty bad, and need to improve. The fight really comes down to coordination, very simple stuff.

main zerg dps/heal/revive
small teams protect the yurrets
gunners follow a rotation to keep armor down, remove poison, damage

Tequatl... Desert

in Dynamic Events

phys.7689

does there really need to be another faceroll press 1 afk world boss? we already got like 10 other events where the only thing you need to do is show up and you win. Nothing is really gained by having another autowin boss. You really need 1 more rare that badly? If they revert it, all the rewards and achievements to go with it would as well, so no one would really even want to do it except for an easy rare

Tequatl... Desert

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Galen Grey.4709

Galen Grey.4709

well its 3pm on a weekday in europe, people are at school or at work at that time its too be expected participation will be low… As for yesterday at 10pm I dont know what to tell you except that I am on piken square too and while yesterday I didnt try Tequalt me and 6 or so guildmates did it on wednesday at around 10pm or maybe 11pm, we killed him and we were on an overflow!

Every time I tried to do Tequalt I end up on an overflow on Piken Square and I tried a few times I am honestly surprised (well not the 3pm one thats undersandable)

Tequatl... Desert

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: rizzo.1079

rizzo.1079

does there really need to be another faceroll press 1 afk world boss? we already got like 10 other events where the only thing you need to do is show up and you win. Nothing is really gained by having another autowin boss. You really need 1 more rare that badly? If they revert it, all the rewards and achievements to go with it would as well, so no one would really even want to do it except for an easy rare

As I’ve said in other threads: I’ve been doing world bosses since they had like a .001% chance to even give a rare, just because they were fun. If there actually were ‘press 1 afk’ people playing them, they were the people I’d have to res at the end of the fight because they were doing it wrong. The change to Teq has basically removed an event that I had fun with…oh yeah I could jump through procedural hoops to wait an hour to try to fight him on a server that can beat him, but I’d rather have fun with the limited time I have to play the game rather than stand around to wait for a fight that’s actually very easy mechanically.

Tequatl... Desert

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

I am on BG. We kill him a lot, even still. But you really need to be on the main server in order to get a good kill in. Most overflows are nearly empty. Two things are currently hurting this event for me.

1: It can be difficult to get into the main server unless I have a lot of time to spend standing around doing nothing. Which I do not.

2: The respawn or spawn time in general is too long. I realize that it’s not out of the ordinary as opposed to the other world bosses. However because of the overflow issue and that he needs to be coordinated, it’s far too long to be standing around.

One last note. Recently they revamped his rewards. I ‘ve been trying to get in and kill him since then but have been unable to. I simply haven’t had the time to dedicate to trying to get in at the right time to kill him, and I don’t have all day to sit and wait.

Tequatl... Desert

in Dynamic Events

phys.7689

As I’ve said in other threads: I’ve been doing world bosses since they had like a .001% chance to even give a rare, just because they were fun. If there actually were ‘press 1 afk’ people playing them, they were the people I’d have to res at the end of the fight because they were doing it wrong. The change to Teq has basically removed an event that I had fun with…oh yeah I could jump through procedural hoops to wait an hour to try to fight him on a server that can beat him, but I’d rather have fun with the limited time I have to play the game rather than stand around to wait for a fight that’s actually very easy mechanically.

you still have the vast majority of those events, and while in small groups, with 5-10 people doing these events its entertaining, almost all of them become incredibly boring with 40+ people there. Shatterer is a prime example. afk fight almost completely.
The game world is enriched by having a greater variety of content, of varying difficulty. Now i dont think every world boss should be like tequatl, but some of them should be tough fights in the world, that need coordination.

Tequatl... Desert

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: knives.6345

knives.6345

I think Teq is good. Reward is just isn’t worth the time as comparable to other world bosses, they are a lot easier and faster. I hope ANet placed some RNG (yeah, flame on) reward from Teq that can ONLY be looted on Teq.

This way, people will actually have an incentive to form groups to actually fight the thing…

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

Tequatl... Desert

in Dynamic Events

xephire.8324

I think Teq is good. Reward is just isn’t worth the time as comparable to other world bosses, they are a lot easier and faster. I hope ANet placed some RNG (yeah, flame on) reward from Teq that can ONLY be looted on Teq.

This way, people will actually have an incentive to form groups to actually fight the thing…

No.No more (Roll no good) stuff.Its a bad design to promote grind.

Tequatl... Desert

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Bezayne.6459

Bezayne.6459

We were hoping originally it would take days/weeks for players to defeat Tequatl instead of 12 hrs."

That is….nothing short of amazing, in a sad way. They should be aware what kind of crowd GW2 is drawing. A lot of players here (me included) have played MMOs before were raiding was the endgame and you got “educated” in this type of fight. Tequatl as such is not even overly difficult, compared to many of the raid bosses I have seen he is rather easy.

The main difficulty lies in organizing the right crowd for this even, which is not supported at all within GW2. Plus being forced to wait for an hour for the event to finally start, which makes a lot of people question if there aren’t better things to do with their time.

Who had the glorious idea to make a tightly timed event spawn randomly, where you need to be in place and ready with a decent sized crowd to be able to beat it?

Due to the forced waste of time surrounding this event I would say it will die out once the majority of the currently organized crowd got what they wanted from it.

Tequatl... Desert

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

ANet in its infinite wisdom has determined that in order to add “challenge” to the PvE game, it was best to do so in ways that have turned out to mean that only players on highly populated and motivated servers are allowed to have said challenge.

Tequatl... Desert

in Dynamic Events

xephire.8324

ANet in its infinite wisdom has determined that in order to add “challenge” to the PvE game, it was best to do so in ways that have turned out to mean that only players on highly populated and motivated servers are allowed to have said challenge.

Yes.When nobody does tequatl on other server.People will start saying you’re on a less populated server you must come to our server.Escalating the problem.Genius.

Tequatl... Desert

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: GOSU.9574

GOSU.9574

You need to come to a simple understanding from Anet’s perspective: Over deliver, under-reward.

Tweak later.

That’s the methodology.

Hey dude you are walking into a wall.

smack..Wut?…smack…smack…

Tequatl... Desert

in Dynamic Events

Pifil.5193

A very good idea, they could even rename the dragon in the open world version to “Claw /Wing/Fang/Junior-Associate of Zhaitan” or something similar in order to distinguish between the two.

Tequatl... Desert

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

You need to come to a simple understanding from Anet’s perspective: Over deliver, under-reward.

Tweak later.

That’s the methodology.

You forgot simplifying programming by adding extrinsic difficulty in the form of timers rather than intrinsic difficulty in terms of mob objectives. Also, using scaling ranges that ensure that only groups containing x players or more will have a chance to succeed, and which also cap, allowing players who can muster truly large numbers to overwhelm an event.

Tequatl... Desert

in Dynamic Events

Pifil.5193

you still have the vast majority of those events, and while in small groups, with 5-10 people doing these events its entertaining, almost all of them become incredibly boring with 40+ people there. Shatterer is a prime example. afk fight almost completely.
The game world is enriched by having a greater variety of content, of varying difficulty. Now i dont think every world boss should be like tequatl, but some of them should be tough fights in the world, that need coordination.

Yeah, I think the lesson here is that it’s never a good idea to take something away from people. People have been killing Tequatl since shortly after launch, personally I think that suddenly taking away that kind of content from your players isn’t really a good idea.

I also don’t think that the game engine or servers are technically capable of handling this kind of fight, the overflows, skill lag, condition mechanics and so on just don’t work in this kind of scale.

Tequatl... Desert

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Lianna.6980

Lianna.6980

After reading this part of the forum, it all seemed like nearly everyone loves the new Tequatl: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/archive/tequatl

What has happened?

Somehow it seems that those of us who has found new Tequatl unfun were right…

Tequatl... Desert

in Dynamic Events

phys.7689

After reading this part of the forum, it all seemed like nearly everyone loves the new Tequatl: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/archive/tequatl

What has happened?

Somehow it seems that those of us who has found new Tequatl unfun were right…

got to remember different people have dif opinions, some people hate it, some love it.

Tequatl... Desert

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

Teq himself is not un-fun. It has a lot more to do with waiting and overflows.

Tequatl... Desert

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Ahlen.7591

Ahlen.7591

I stopped bothering after we had an amazing attempt, did everything right, but apparently didn’t have enough DD to bring him below 20%.

The fact that a lot of builds are totally useless on this fight makes it crappy too.

The only thing wrong with this encounter really is he has way too much health.

Tequatl... Desert

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Mathias.9657

Mathias.9657

For some reason they thought it a good idea to put a coordinated raid fight in open world. Lol.

Back to WoW, make GW2 fun please.

Tequatl... Desert

in Dynamic Events

xephire.8324

For some reason they thought it a good idea to put a coordinated raid fight in open world. Lol.

impossibruuuuu!

Tequatl... Desert

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

Pretty much. If you’re going to put a fight like this in the open world it needs to be balanced around a much smaller number of people doing it. Like 20. Certainly not 80.

Tequatl... Desert

in Dynamic Events

xephire.8324

Pretty much. If you’re going to put a fight like this in the open world it needs to be balanced around a much smaller number of people doing it. Like 20. Certainly not 80.

In Anet’s case that wouldnt be realistic. 20 people killing an ultra hard dragon, its nonsense!.

Tequatl... Desert

in Dynamic Events

Iridiana.9078

well its 3pm on a weekday in europe, people are at school or at work at that time its too be expected participation will be low… As for yesterday at 10pm I dont know what to tell you except that I am on piken square too and while yesterday I didnt try Tequalt me and 6 or so guildmates did it on wednesday at around 10pm or maybe 11pm, we killed him and we were on an overflow!

Every time I tried to do Tequalt I end up on an overflow on Piken Square and I tried a few times I am honestly surprised (well not the 3pm one thats undersandable)

I can only tell you… try this next week (I dunno if during week-end maybe there will be a little revamp of people).
On Monday at 10PM Tequatl was killed on Piken (a guildmate was there waiting… and he dropped junk obviously), maybe a big guild/alliance was organizing for beating him.
On Thuestady at 9PM we planned to fight it with our ally (80-100 players) in an overflow… We got room for all our players in the main Piken server (and we got him to 50% hp).
On Wensday I got there and there were a few people.
I can also tell you that yesterday I tried to guest on Seafarer at 10PM and only 4-5 players were there too. On Desolation I got in the overflow instead.
Today it was empty at 3PM but since 2PM I fought other world bosses and there was plenty of players there so I don’t think it’s a matter of time (school or work), people is not spawning at Tequatl because they already know it will be a waste of time!