Posted by: Orissa.1872

Orissa.1872

Suprised nobody mentioned this guy

Attachments:

Braham the Norn

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Aura.9530

Aura.9530

I’m very upset w/ their decision to make him Braham Eirsson… I just finished the current living story quests involving him; but I feel like they should have never existed. It made it seem like his “legendary” father (which there’s 0 lore about ANYWHERE) took him from Eir when he was a baby or at least very young. What has me confused about this, is the fact that Eir acknowledges him as her son. So his father took him to the village in Wayfarer, died, and Braham was raised by villagers/shaman. So Eir KNEW he was there, but chose to not raise him. This seems rather ridiculous; as w/ the lore we have of Eir, she could NOT just leave her child. Look how hard Snaff’s death hit her; she just doesn’t seem capable of that. Which genuinely makes me very very upset as she’s my favorite NPC character; but this makes her seem like an unfit mother, and in general just an overall bad parent.

Braham the Norn

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: catqeer.1954

catqeer.1954

I’m very upset w/ their decision to make him Braham Eirsson… I just finished the current living story quests involving him; but I feel like they should have never existed. It made it seem like his “legendary” father (which there’s 0 lore about ANYWHERE) took him from Eir when he was a baby or at least very young. What has me confused about this, is the fact that Eir acknowledges him as her son. So his father took him to the village in Wayfarer, died, and Braham was raised by villagers/shaman. So Eir KNEW he was there, but chose to not raise him. This seems rather ridiculous; as w/ the lore we have of Eir, she could NOT just leave her child. Look how hard Snaff’s death hit her; she just doesn’t seem capable of that. Which genuinely makes me very very upset as she’s my favorite NPC character; but this makes her seem like an unfit mother, and in general just an overall bad parent.

for all the things we know about Norn society there are still going to be things we don’t know…

Braham the Norn

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: JGBarbarian.3579

JGBarbarian.3579

Agreed, Eir has a grown up son she never even mentioned before, and don’t seem to care about. She was also one of my favourites but now she has fallen pretty low on my list.
Oh and to me Brahan looks ok and unique (which is good) but I would not use his hair or weapons on my characters (too big and decorated), his armor maybe, but the medium norn T2 look way better in my eyes.

Braham the Norn

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: hannie.8963

hannie.8963

Is he voiced by Sam Riegel? Really sounds like him. Pitch slightly altered, of course. But still.

Braham the Norn

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

Okay character, but there was no need to make him related to Eir.

Braham the Norn

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Tinni.4351

Tinni.4351

Let’s not judge until we know more. There is a lot of unknowns in the story at the moment. Once the full back story, or as much of it Anet chooses to share, are laid out – we can judge the various characters involved.

My brain is shagging under the weight of changes… having six characters was not a good idea!

Braham the Norn

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: WatchTheShow.7203

WatchTheShow.7203

Yeah finding out he was Eir’s son took me by complete surprise. I read the Guild Wars books, and know quite a bit about all of the lore, and there was never once a mention of Eir having a son. Snaff was Zojja’s dad, Rytlock is single, Logan is madly in love with Jennah (from the book’s point of view, Jennah loves him too), and Caithe and Faolin were in a love/hate relationship (the things Faolin did to Caithe in the book weren’t very nice). But never once was it mentioned that Eir had a son, or a love interest at all. She was portrayed (in the book, at least) as a young, single independent woman who was the best carver in all of Tyria. Norns, and other races would come from all around Tyria to be carved by her in stone/wood. Her only companion is Garm, who is loyal to Eir until the day he dies and considers her the Alpha of their 2 man pack.

This whole son thing completely blind-sided me. I hope Arenanet releases some lore on the father, or Eir’s lack of =acknowledgement towards her son.

edited because the word with the = was censored as a kitten

(edited by WatchTheShow.7203)

Braham the Norn

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: xgmz.5674

xgmz.5674

I’m pretty much thinking that Braham is Eir’s stepchild.

Braham the Norn

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: TheBlackLeech.9360

TheBlackLeech.9360

guy looks like a total stroke.

Is like 1/2 the size of every other norn I’ve ever seen.

and yet…. I love him 782374283467x more than Treaherne.

Braham the Norn

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: TwoBit.5903

TwoBit.5903

Braham being Eir’s son is unnecessary drama, worse because it’s unnecessary drama that’s contrived.

Braham the Norn

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

Oh and to me Brahan looks ok and unique (which is good) but I would not use his hair or weapons on my characters (too big and decorated), his armor maybe, but the medium norn T2 look way better in my eyes.

Broham is a guardian. He is wearing heavy armour. He can’t wear medium norn T2 because he wears heavy armour. The fact that it doesn’t look like any of the heavy armour already available is one of the most appealing things about it.

I’m thinking there will be a lot more development of his character (and the Eir sub-plot) in the future. They definitely seemed to be teasing it to lay the groundwork now. It felt too much like a soap opera in Tyria for my tastes, but we will see where they go with this.

So far I like Broham. He easily fits into the young heroic arch-type adventurer with adoptive parents (and a famous estranged real parent) – he even returns to see his village burnt to the ground. It’s like all the heroic fantasy clichés rolled into one, but I enjoy all of it(chalices are common for a reason). It’s one of the stronger stories they have told in Tyria so far. He’s leaps and bounds ahead of Rox. She doesn’t seems to have much development or personally involving to her, whereas Broham has a family history, a town under siege, friends and a heroic quest developing. Rox has a job.

Braham the Norn

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Razgriz.2590

Razgriz.2590

Suprised nobody mentioned this guy

I’m glad I’m not the only one that thought about him

Borlis Pass
Norgy lvl 80 Guardian
Guild: Hunting Hunters[HH]

Braham the Norn

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Kreslin.6832

Kreslin.6832

I just don’t get it. Why Arena make norn, which is a way to different from canon norn. Why, why? Why? Why are Arena changing canon norn to something completely different?

Seize the day.

Braham the Norn

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Paradox.5498

Paradox.5498

Do we even know who this guy’s father is? Someone in my guild suggested it’s probably Rytlock :P Now that would be a nice plot change…

Braham the Norn

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Kreslin.6832

Kreslin.6832

Maybe father some human who live in the south?

Seize the day.

Braham the Norn

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Demented Sheep.1642

Demented Sheep.1642

Him being Eir’s son who she never mentions seems rather out of the left field but who knows, the story just started. They will likely expand on it later.

I’m pretty sure its been stated that humans and norn can’t breed and I think his dad was mentioned (I wasn’t paying attention honestly, I probably should have been).

(edited by Demented Sheep.1642)

Braham the Norn

in Flame and Frost

TwoBit.5903

Him being Eir’s son who she never mentions seems rather out of the left field but who knows, the story just started. They will likely expand on it later.

I’m pretty sure its been stated that humans and norn can’t breed.

I doubt they could do that without retcon or more contrivance.

“In part 4 of F&F we find out that Eir was once conked with a tree branch and completely blanked out on ever having a son until the fateful day when the player meets Braham.”

Braham the Norn

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Demented Sheep.1642

Demented Sheep.1642

“In part 4 of F&F we find out that Eir was once conked with a tree branch and completely blanked out on ever having a son until the fateful day when the player meets Braham.”

I assume they had some falling out or something. Maybe its a painful thing for her to talk about so she doesn’t. I’ve not read the books so I don’t know how open she usually is about personal kitten. shrug

Random never mentioned kid of a famous hero is usually done terribly and TBH the writing in either of the GW games was never really brilliant to me but I’ll wait and see.

Braham the Norn

in Flame and Frost

TwoBit.5903

I assume they had some falling out or something. Maybe its a painful thing for her to talk about so she doesn’t. I’ve not read the books so I don’t know how open she usually is about personal kitten. shrug

Random never mentioned kid of a famous hero is usually done terribly and TBH the writing in either of the GW games was never really brilliant to me but I’ll wait and see.

That’s because they’re often contrived- they’re brought in out of the blue to try and give depth to the plot without being planned beforehand. The causality behind their existence is often explained as the plot progression and that’s where it gets messy with facts conflicting with one another.

In Eir’s case even if something happened between them, losing a son is not something that would leave a person unaffected. It’s going to take some skillful use of Chekov’s gun to make sense of it all.

Braham the Norn

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: quickthorn.4918

quickthorn.4918

There’s a danger of that kind of plot seeming terribly contrived but I didn’t mind it in this case. We’re being drip-fed the info slowly and that makes me curious to find out what made Eir leave her son behind, or what the father was like.

I’ve thought for a while that all of DE need a bit more development (as with many GW2 characters) as all we know about them (bar reading the books, which I haven’t) is the past fiasco involving Snaff and a teensy bit about Caithe and Logan’s love lives. I think there’s room for a little more and while it’s not wildly original, I can live with that. Otherwise it’s endless rehashes of the same old bickering between them.

Mind you, I take all that back if Rox turns out to be related to Rytlock…

(edited by quickthorn.4918)

Braham the Norn

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: declan.3968

declan.3968

Is his father one of the Sons of Svanir who killed the norn spirits? That’s why they’re coming down from the north, right?

Dragon’s minions … she might not trust him enough.

Braham the Norn

in Flame and Frost

quickthorn.4918

Do we even know who this guy’s father is? Someone in my guild suggested it’s probably Rytlock :P Now that would be a nice plot change…

If you talk to Braham at the end of the quest before leaving the instance, he names the guy.

I don’t recall the name but didn’t recognise it, so not a well known Norn AFAIK.

Spoiler about the father’s current circumstances ahead.

He’s dead. Another couple fostered Braham.

Braham also tells you why he’s motivated to help with the next upcoming stage.

He was raised in the area and also has a crush on a local girl who’s still in danger.

I often try to click on NPCs at the end of cutscenes as I would have missed quite a few snippets overwise. They could be signposted a bit better as it’s too easy to miss the chance.

(edited by quickthorn.4918)

Braham the Norn

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

If you talk to Braham after his quest you can find out a little bit more about him.

His biological father is Borje the Sun Chaser who took care of Braham in Cragstead when he was an infant. Talking to Ornan, one of the villagers you help save, it sounds as if his father was a legendary norn. He goes as far as to say he will never forget the day Borje came to the village with Braham. His biological father died while Braham was young and Yngvi Rugnar and his mate continued to raise him in the village.

Sounds like Braham has not one but two quite famous parents. Maybe there is something more in Borje’s history which will explain his estranged relationship with Eir and his reluctance to turn to the norn for help.

Braham the Norn

in Flame and Frost

quickthorn.4918

Just bear in mind that maybe not everyone’s finished the quest, though they probably have. It might be worth putting in a spoiler tag.

Braham the Norn

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Baktwerel.9108

Baktwerel.9108

Snaff was Zojja’s dad

Sorry but why do you assume they were related by blood? Snaff was Zojja’s mentor and that’s about all that is official about them. A father figure he could have been, but an actual father? Not until Anet says so.

Braham the Norn

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: LeMiranda.9026

LeMiranda.9026

Rox the Charr and his appearance etc. has been addressed by Aaron Coberly, Lead Character Artist on its respective post. One of the things said is that Rox’s design will lead to more character build options for Charrs in the future… I guess we could expect the same for Norns with the appearance of Braham, right?

If so, and as I stated in the Norn subforum, I’d like to see Braham’s hairstyle (and more if possible) available for all norns… and I want it for yesterday!!

I believe male norns are really lacking compared to female norns and the rest of races overall… dull faces, crappy hairstyles!!

Braham the Norn

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

I always assumed Norn don’t care about who your father/mother is, they’re more interested in what you do. So we probably never heard of Braham because he’s not done anything legendary yet.

As for why Eir doesn’t talk about him . . . dozens of reasons but it can boil down to one silly phrase which is always true and never received well:

“You never asked.”

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Braham the Norn

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Lutinz.6915

Lutinz.6915

Braham’s appearance matchs the fact that hes only 17. One of the refugees at the refugee camp refers to him as a kid.

As for Eir, I think its hard to judge her fairly at this point. Eir and Braham’s father broke up for some reason when Braham was a child but we dont know the reasons. She stayed in Hoelbrak and he moved north. Since then the two havent seen each other much and bearly know each other.

When Braham’s father died, its quite possible that she chose to leave him with his foster family simply because they were people he knew. She was a stranger to him and knew little about being a mother.

We dont know why Braham and Eir dont get along. Braham seems to avoid her and be somewhat hostile to her. Thats the reason he approached Rytlock first. Im guessing Eir has never talked about it because its very personal and she felt no need to share. After all its not like Rytlock ever explained why he chose a assignment far from his warband prior to Edge of Destiny.

Personally, I like this. This is giving us a chance to learn more about key characters and their personal lives.

Braham the Norn

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Tiborb.1453

Tiborb.1453

If you go back to the meeting with Rytlock at the Black Citadel you can see that Braham is reluctant to ask for help in Hoelbrak: that's the reason that push him to ask help to Rytlock (as he is a friend of Eir) instead of Knut.

As for why Eir doesn’t talk about him, maybe she feel responsable for the death of Borje the Sun Chaser and think that Braham is safer far away from her.

[LOCK] The Closed Society – Seafarer’s Rest

Braham the Norn

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Nightarch.2943

Nightarch.2943

I like how he’s rocking the Titansteel Destroyer and Neverending Winter. He certainly is an ex-crafter and raider of WoW.

Attachments:

Guild Wars 2 is not a sequel to the original Guild Wars but merely an alternative story setting.

(edited by Nightarch.2943)

Braham the Norn

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Lutinz.6915

Lutinz.6915

I like how he’s rocking the Titansteel Destroyer and Neverending Winter. He certainly is an ex-crafter and raider of WoW.

Ok…..

Why the same post in two different Threads?

Braham the Norn

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Oranisagu.3706

Oranisagu.3706

personally, I really dislike braham.
I kinda got used to the disfigured body norns have (I expected them to be large and heavily built with a variety of body options.. not just bodybuilders with way to many steroids) but at least so far most norn had a look which made them feel very close to nature and their respective spirit animal. the fur and leather armor skins etc really look great on them.

now braham.. the concept art looks good. a different hairstyle, red hair to match his mother etc, all good.
the model though.. the red hair is way to red, it could’ve been toned down to eir’s levels to look more natural (or better even a bit darker), and it’s way to long, in the concept art it looked pretty short on one side and nearly shaved on the other.
the complexion feels totally unrealistic. somebody with hair that red should have lot fairer skin. and the lips.. oh god, it just looks wrong…

I guess I just prefer the main characters not to break my suspension of disbelieve. I’d rather they were pretty conservative with main character design and instead tried to make them stand out by their action and lines, instead of their looks. if braham looked like any ‘normal’ norn inside hoelbrak, I think I’d really like the character. he’s a nobody but wants to help his village. he’s not completely selfless though, because he just has the hots for one of the village girls. all in all pretty believable and not that much over the top.

Braham the Norn

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

I don’t mind the guy. From the looks-department I’m not too keen on the hair, but I want that mace! My Guardian would love to have that and he’s human, so the blasted weapon would be bigger than him.

I’m also one to agree that Eir didn’t talk about her kid because possibly no one asked.
I don’t think there’s too many people who spill everything about their families and lives to everyone, unless you count Facebook or Myspace then all bets are off.

Maybe it was a sore spot in her life, maybe her mate had a falling out or something.
If anything it makes me want to play alongside the character more because he’s a young brash kid who wants to help his people. I want to know more about his life. Also a village gal he’s sweet on was captured.

I’ll go help him, but I hope we don’t have to go through 6 or 7 castles all while being told by a friendly dredge “I’m sorry she’s in another mole hill”.

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

Braham the Norn

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: wasted.6817

wasted.6817

I think he’s ugly and i think he looks nothing like Eir. Who she had to screw to get a guy like him out of her? A grawl?

Braham the Norn

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: WatchTheShow.7203

WatchTheShow.7203

Snaff was Zojja’s dad

Sorry but why do you assume they were related by blood? Snaff was Zojja’s mentor and that’s about all that is official about them. A father figure he could have been, but an actual father? Not until Anet says so.

In the book, Zojja calls Snaff “father”. So that’s why I assumed they were father/daughter.

Braham the Norn

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Deim Hunir.8503

Deim Hunir.8503

I really loved Braham’s concept art … but really dislike his IG model.
His face … looks kind of silly… I don’t know how else to put it.
It’s like they tried to give him actually appealing traits, cool haircut , pouty lips etc. but somehow missed the mark and he just looks weird.
On the other hand his armour is kind of cool and his mace/shield is awesome.

(edited by Deim Hunir.8503)

Braham the Norn

in Flame and Frost

catqeer.1954

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/brahams-story/

Sniff just read it will you just read… it… By the Eternal Alchemy norn are weird so weird. Why why would you do that. Seriously norn have strange realtionships

Braham the Norn

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

Dang, poor kid.

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

Braham the Norn

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Teofa Tsavo.9863

Teofa Tsavo.9863

Braham being Eir’s son is unnecessary drama, worse because it’s unnecessary drama that’s contrived.

my thought exactly. The story linked is not much better.

I’m wondering what was the point of telling Braham EIRSson that Eir is his mother? Seems that would have been a question asked long before.

Dad, why am I named Eirs Son? gawd.

Ley lines. The perfect solution to deadlines and writers block. Now in an easy open Can.

(edited by Teofa Tsavo.9863)

Braham the Norn

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Lindelle.3718

Lindelle.3718

my thought exactly. The story linked is not much better.

I’m wondering what was the point of telling Braham EIRSson that Eir is his mother? Seems that would have been a question asked long before.

Dad, why am I named Eirs Son? gawd.

Perhaps as a child his second name wasn’t Eirsson, at least not until his father told him his mother’s name. Norn names and titles change over time. Perhaps when he learned of his mother’s deeds (as his father predicted she would be a great hero) he began to call himself Eirsson.

Lindelle Ulfsvitr – Norn Ranger
“Walk with the pack. In the eyes of Wolf, we are all brothers and sisters.”

Braham the Norn

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Aura.9530

Aura.9530

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/brahams-story/

Sniff just read it will you just read… it… By the Eternal Alchemy norn are weird so weird. Why why would you do that. Seriously norn have strange realtionships

The story doesn’t make me feel any better about Eir having a son tbh. It’s almost like they had someone who’s really bad at writing fan fiction write this. So Eir has a 17 year old son who she just what, forgot about? How many mothers can honestly forget being in labor and having a child.

What the story sounds like, is that Braham’s father gave Eir amnesia and took the child to Cragstead. Meanwhile; in Hoelbrak, NO ONE remembers Eir had a child, even though she is the daughter of a famous hero of the Norn. So apparently EVERYONE has amnesia who ever knew Eir.

At this point; I am seriously hoping this is part of the April fool’s they’re releasing…because this is genuinely making me hate the in-game writing staff as well as one of my mostly beloved characters…

Braham the Norn

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Teofa Tsavo.9863

Teofa Tsavo.9863

You know, I’m just going to forget all of this, because these are the GW2 Norn, and who knows what these loveable, laughable Shiverpeak Hillbillys will do next.

Gonna tell you all a story bout a girl named Eir, a poor mountaineer who didn’t know she had an heir…

Then one day she was chattin with the Knut.. and in through the door walks her very own brood!

Braham, that is. Was drunk that day. Lost a wager…..

Ley lines. The perfect solution to deadlines and writers block. Now in an easy open Can.

(edited by Teofa Tsavo.9863)

Braham the Norn

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: JGBarbarian.3579

JGBarbarian.3579

Anet you had to put that comercial and politically correct detail dont you? I saw that coming from the first time I saw an image og Eir. Meh…

Braham the Norn

in Flame and Frost

Tobias Trueflight.8350

The story doesn’t make me feel any better about Eir having a son tbh. It’s almost like they had someone who’s really bad at writing fan fiction write this. So Eir has a 17 year old son who she just what, forgot about? How many mothers can honestly forget being in labor and having a child.

Who said she forgot? She hasn’t talked about it, but who said she forgot about it enough that it’s a surprise to her? Far as I can tell she was aware of him, and knew he was around, but just let him have his own life. If the figures are right, by the time of the story Eir was with Destiny’s Edge. You know, when she was out doing things trying to become a full legend among the norn.

I said in another thread: It’s going to come out that the reason she never talked about it is because nobody ever asked her about it and she saw no reason to talk about it. Norn aren’t human. To them, it doesn’t matter whose son/daughter you are . . . “deeds, not words”.

What the story sounds like, is that Braham’s father gave Eir amnesia and took the child to Cragstead. Meanwhile; in Hoelbrak, NO ONE remembers Eir had a child, even though she is the daughter of a famous hero of the Norn. So apparently EVERYONE has amnesia who ever knew Eir.

Holy heck that’s a stretch! I hope you didn’t strain anything.

What the story looks like is that Eir has a son. For whatever reason, Braham’s father was raising him while Eir wasn’t there. (Whatever reason? Eir was out trying to do great and glorious things. We sort of know this.)

Braham grew up away from her, so he has no reason to really have an attachment to her. He knows she’s a Big Deal, but for the most part he has no reason to have acted like they were anything other than blood relation.

Nobody else talks about it because, and this may be not easy to grasp . . . it’s not a stranger’s business (in the case of another race) if Eir has a son who hasn’t been seen around Hoelbrak. To the Slayer (in the case of a norn), a nobody who hasn’t done anything yet wouldn’t be important either until they showed up. Which they did.

It’s like the deal with Logan’s brother. Nobody really talks about it, but it’s happened. You can find a grave for him in Ebonhawke but Logan . . . far as I know, doesn’t really talk about him.

Anet you had to put that comercial and politically correct detail dont you? I saw that coming from the first time I saw an image og Eir. Meh…

What exactly are you talking about?

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Braham the Norn

in Flame and Frost

Lindelle.3718

Who said she forgot? She hasn’t talked about it, but who said she forgot about it enough that it’s a surprise to her? Far as I can tell she was aware of him, and knew he was around, but just let him have his own life. If the figures are right, by the time of the story Eir was with Destiny’s Edge. You know, when she was out doing things trying to become a full legend among the norn.

I said in another thread: It’s going to come out that the reason she never talked about it is because nobody ever asked her about it and she saw no reason to talk about it. Norn aren’t human. To them, it doesn’t matter whose son/daughter you are . . . “deeds, not words”.

Holy heck that’s a stretch! I hope you didn’t strain anything.

What the story looks like is that Eir has a son. For whatever reason, Braham’s father was raising him while Eir wasn’t there. (Whatever reason? Eir was out trying to do great and glorious things. We sort of know this.)

Braham grew up away from her, so he has no reason to really have an attachment to her. He knows she’s a Big Deal, but for the most part he has no reason to have acted like they were anything other than blood relation.

Nobody else talks about it because, and this may be not easy to grasp . . . it’s not a stranger’s business (in the case of another race) if Eir has a son who hasn’t been seen around Hoelbrak. To the Slayer (in the case of a norn), a nobody who hasn’t done anything yet wouldn’t be important either until they showed up. Which they did.

It’s like the deal with Logan’s brother. Nobody really talks about it, but it’s happened. You can find a grave for him in Ebonhawke but Logan . . . far as I know, doesn’t really talk about him.

What exactly are you talking about?

I’m really glad you made this post.. because I really wanted to type something similar but I tend to just browse the forums instead of post much. So, +1 to this.

Also as was kind of mentioned in this post but I’d like to re-iterate, norn culture =/= human culture.

Braham the Norn

in Flame and Frost

Lindelle.3718

Snaff was Zojja’s dad

In the book, Zojja calls Snaff “father”. So that’s why I assumed they were father/daughter.

She says this sarcastically.

Braham the Norn

in Flame and Frost

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Snaff was Zojja’s dad

I’m gonna assume it’s a mix snide sarcasm and devotion since we know his death broke her hard

Braham the Norn

in Flame and Frost

Lindelle.3718

Snaff was Zojja’s dad

I’m gonna assume it’s a mix snide sarcasm and devotion since we know his death broke her hard

Oh definitely, but I think she was someone who had a bad case of “don’t know what you had until its gone”. Even in the beginning Eir is put off by her for the way she treats Snaff, and warns her that he won’t always be around and she might someday regret it (not word for word, but it went something like that.)

Okay sorry, I will try and not derail anymore :P

Braham the Norn

in Flame and Frost

catqeer.1954

Basically famous daddy takes son from famous mommy to raise… Because famous daddy loves her so much he wants nothing to get in the way of her growing into a truly legendary figure among the norn. (though we all know she ends up surpassing that and becomes famous among all races.) He goes so far as to ask his friends to raise his boy when he passes and even demands that no one tell her he is dead. Out of fear she will be tempted to go there and raise him rather then become the great and heroic figure she is now… Kind of romantic if you think of it like a norn.

(edited by catqeer.1954)