How will you remember....

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Zaeon.3846

Zaeon.3846

How will everyone remember this limited time event?
- Best boss encounters?
- Unique monster attacks and mechanics?
- That jetpack that never dropped?

I’ve ran the dungeon 3-4 times per day since day 1. I got the mini on first day. I enjoyed everything about the dungeon. But I am still a little sad that a jetpack didn’t drop for me like the 98% of player base. The jetpack doesn’t have a particle effect or animation but still… everyone wants one.

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

I’ll remember it as a time they took a chance to alter the maps in a small way.
I’ll also remember that I hate the Molten and will gladly curbstomp any members of them I see in the future.

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Gabby.3205

Gabby.3205

-snip-
I’ll also remember that I hate the Molten and will gladly curbstomp any members of them I see in the future.

This. Oh so much this!
I can’t kill enough members of the Molten Alliance. I hate them so much for what they dared to do to these prisoners… Braham’s reaction to the weapon testing inside the Molten Facility really broke my heart.
It is awesome that this story could make me feel so much hate towards the enemy. That’s pretty good storytelling, really.

Tarnished Coast
Astrid Strongheart, Norn Ranger.
“I wish juvenile wolves were bigger”

in Flame and Frost

Atlas.9704

Well yeah what they did to the prisoners was evil, but I’m hating on them more for pulling me in and attacking while I’m doing dailies. lol

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Jamin.6528

Jamin.6528

I’ll remember the terrible RNG from MF. Completed run #72 and still have yet to see a jetpack or a firestorm mini.

Lucromia Mukroc – Necromancer
Leader of The Hardcore Caravan [HC] – Blackgate
http://thehardcorecaravan.shivtr.com/

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Iluzija.1798

Iluzija.1798

Ill remember the RNG that angered me and so many other people. Boss was cool but not after the 40th time >>.

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: JohnDied.3476

JohnDied.3476

I’ll remember F&F for a few things:

-Most engaging and enjoyable dungeon in game
-Average story telling; ala gw2 style, with boring NPC’s and cheesy or cliche dialogue.
-Cutscenes! much preferred over the old ones.
-RNG loot tables; reminds me not to love this game too much.
-Actually pleasant personal quests; The braham and rox missions felt like little mini dungeons instead of the regular (boring) personal story quests. They required minimal travel (instead of go here then come back a dozen times to do uninspired quests), and had interesting enemies mechanics (instead of just a bunch of trash).
-Really terrible open world quests; lost and found quests are filler in most games, not content. They also came accompanied by very uninspired storytelling. Some refugees almost had enough dialogue to make you care, like the children, but their dialogue is so short you can’t possibly make an emotional connection. This leaves you feeling nothing for the npcs.

About NPC interaction. Gw2 is my first proper mmo. I hold it responsible for the dialogue that’s made me learn to click through all the in game text without reading due to being absolutely uninteresting. I don’t care if this is a problem all mmos have, I’m an absolute lore freak in every game I play… except this one. I wonder why?

in Flame and Frost

Gabby.3205

Well yeah what they did to the prisoners was evil, but I’m hating on them more for pulling me in and attacking while I’m doing dailies. lol

Alright, that’s a good reason xD

I will also remember Frostbite. I never thought a devourer could be so cute.

Tarnished Coast

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Jemmi.6058

Jemmi.6058

I will remember 2 things..

1 – Awesome dungeon!!

2 – Underwhelmed based on false promise of ‘expansion worth of content’

Positive and negative?

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: DoctorOverlord.8620

DoctorOverlord.8620

What will I remember?

Cutest.

Devourer.

EVAR

I’ll also remember being introduced to Rox and Brahm. I wasn’t that sure about them at the start but they both grew on me which is a good thing for characters to do. Rox seemed to open up a bit and Brahm’s nervousness in the dungeon made them more interesting as characters. I’m looking forward to seeing more of their story.

On the negative side, I will definitely remember those stupid periscopes in the hope that we never see anything so annoying at interfering with simple character movement again.

Check my GW2 Comic Dynamic Events http://goo.gl/JyB3J (Short Google Link to Fan Content Forum here)

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Milennin.4825

Milennin.4825

I’ll remember the dungeon and the awesome final boss encounter.

Just who the hell do you think I am!?

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Vulpis.8063

Vulpis.8063

Heh…I’m a bit with DoctorOverlord about the devourer.

But, unfortunately what I’ll most remember it is not being allowed to finish it, due to a dungeon being the only means to do so. A dungeon blocking me from being allowed to see the final cutscenes with Rox and Braham in their respective homes, with the viewing of those scenes, not the dungeon itself, being the requirement for the final achievement tick to gain the reward for the overall event. And I’ll remember how easily they could have provided an alternate (but still hard) task that lead to being able to see those scenes and get the final reward—and the laziness shown by not doing so, instead making the past months of participation totally wasted time.

in Flame and Frost

Gabby.3205

Vulpis, don’t you want to group up and run the dungeon? Really, I could go with you if you want to. I really liked it and I wouldn’t mind running it again
We would have to find three more people tough, since my guildies are offline right now, but I’m sure it wouldn’t be hard to find more people that still want to run the dungeon.
I don’t know the reason why you don’t like to do this kind of content, but it is really worth it if you give it a try. Really fun ^^

Tarnished Coast

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Penguin.5197

Penguin.5197

C. The jetpack that never dropped.

It wouldn’t have been so bad if the dungeon wasn’t limited time, but at this rate, I just never had a chance to earn it as a drop no matter how badly I wanted it.

…Just never had a chance

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: TryGoogleThis.9570

TryGoogleThis.9570

´As time yet again a lot of players got left behind due to bad coding by Arenanet, due to Lost and Found and alike´

Balutrik- Charr Thief and Commander.
Balutrike-Sylvari Warrior and Commander.
Proud WvW player of Farshiverpeaks and member of [TZO]/[Keen]/[MA]

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: JanNier Kryn Yaren.7968

JanNier Kryn Yaren.7968

I will remember the terrible RNG from this event and that problably I will quit playing the game after this event due to bad drop rates for the cute cuddly things, that if you want you either grind, I remember it was said anet was against grind and now there more grind then ever, or you have to buy gems for the gold on these overpriced items in the Black Lions Trading Post.

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Brutal Arts.6307

Brutal Arts.6307

I’ll remember it as KawaiiSugoiMoeface the Charr and Skrillex the Norn.

You have gotten what you paid for, all that remains is biweekly gemshop pushing.

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

I’ll remember it as the time I got a drop that financed a server transfer.

The table is a fable.

in Flame and Frost

Atlas.9704

Skrillex the Norn.

Dropped the mace lol.

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: guardiaN.1640

guardiaN.1640

- announced like an expansion, but besides the final dungeon – nothing
- best boss fight – lol dragons… but guess what – it will be removed
- again RNG – rich ppl will get richer (firestorms, jetpacks, dyes) and normal players have to bleed for it afterwards

oh.. and
- i bought my first two gem-cards – invested all in dye kits and keys – no limited dye and no pyro weapon (thanks for this lesson anet, won’t make this mistake again)

(edited by guardiaN.1640)

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Penguin.5197

Penguin.5197

oh.. and
- i bought my first two gem-cards – invested all in dye kits and keys – no limited dye and no pyro weapon (thanks for this lesson anet, won’t do this mistake again)

Yes don’t ever ever waste your money on rng crap when there’s a chance you will come out disappointed, because in reality those odds are against you. Don’t ever think what if you get lucky, because you won’t. Just spend it on things that you’ll know you will get for sure, like say the molten pickaxe. You will be much happier that way.

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

I’ll remember this limited time event with pretty much anger/hatred.
I liked the dungeon and its encounters, the only things I really liked about the content.
The events in the maps were ok, since they were pretty generic. Overall speed of the first two ‘updates’ was a bit too slow.
Main reason I’ll always think back and become angered is because of the rewards, both the dungeon and the end item (gauntlets). Anet made yet another stupid mistake (in my eyes) when they returned to exclusive items (jetpack/mini, and possibly the endless tonic recipe) in RNG chests from extremely temporary content and decided to let us only have one version of the end reward, instead of giving us a good system like the SAB rewards. I don’t really mind the look of the gauntlets, but it still makes me mad that they screwed us players that play with alts (even if its just one other character). They could have made it a character based reward, which would have let us get it for each character, but we would have had to work a little to get it.
This has soured my view of any new content that they put out, both because it seems they want to do only temporary (or only a little permanent) content and because of the way they seem (at least right now) to want to do the rewards for the content.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

in Flame and Frost

Zaeon.3846

I’ve ran the dungeon 33 times now, and in all those runs only one mini dropped (for me) and no jetpack for me or the people I ran with. That’s one mini after 165 chests (33×5). There was someone I ran with that told us that he ran the dungeon from 10am to 9pm nonstop everyday and haven’t gotten a mini or jetpack yet.

I could also tell that as days get closer and closer to the dungeon’s expiration day that people I run with get more and more frustrated and sad.

I think we can all agree that RNG + limited days = bad…

There’s an accountbound version of the jetpack [&AgGnpQAA] which gives me hope that Anet would at least gift us that version….
I have hope…

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

There’s an accountbound version of the jetpack [&AgGnpQAA] which gives me hope that Anet would at least gift us that version….
I have hope…

Hmm, thats interesting. Will have to try that code later when I’m on. I hope that we somehow can get at least one jetpack somehow not based on RNG (and not make us choose between getting only one mini or jetpack).

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

in Flame and Frost

Zaeon.3846

The tradeable jetpack right now is 145g each. I figured I’ll just use that 145g to get a precursor or two =/

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: VKP Butcher.2751

VKP Butcher.2751

I’ll remember it as KawaiiSugoiMoeface the Charr and Skrillex the Norn.

Same here.

I’ll also look back at it as being 3 rather meh updates culminating in a 4th that actually had some decently fun content. I might think the little story arc was actually somewhat interesting if there was any meat in it’s buildup but alas…

I gave my limbs to the gods, perhaps I’ll add yours to the offering!
Killian Darkwood(Rng), Kaalia Darkheart(Guard), Avacyn Darkmind(Mes):Maguuma

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Vulpis.8063

Vulpis.8063

Hmm. I’ll also remember this as the event that, despite paying like everyone else, sent me off to yet another game—one that somewhat amusingly has a powerful critter in the opening scene that looks rather a lot like the GW2 dragon (bony and glowy purple)—and that you find dead in the tutorial zone. I’m wondering if that’s some sort of ‘Take That’ at GW2..

in Flame and Frost

Zaeon.3846

I went ahead and bought the jetpack… there’s only a few left in tp and a couple of days left for dungeon. I got my jetpack but it feels anticlimactic.

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Medron Pryde.6850

Medron Pryde.6850

I’ll remember it as a really cool story massively living story with huge numbers of other playters that took up a fair bit of my time and that made me feel good to finally get to the end, only to have the end be a tiny little 5-man team that got curbstomped by two super-powerful enemies after spending over an hour munching through bad guys.

Really?

There was a lot of promise in the story. And it ended in disappointment.

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Manuhell.2759

Manuhell.2759

I’ll remember it as the reason why i should avoid temporary content entirely and stick to CoF when i need to buy the content dropped by that temporary dungeon.

The dungeon itself was nice. Having those rare drops in a temporary content, absolutely awful. They could have done it like with SAB, but noooo, why making it fair for the players…

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Equinox.4968

Equinox.4968

I’ll remember it as the time I was permanently denied 3 achievements because a dungeon was only available for 12 days, during which time I had no choice but to spend all my free time on law school exams and graduation.

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Hermes.7014

Hermes.7014

I’ll remember not to buy black lion keys ever again.

Whether something is either wrong or right, someone will always complain about it.

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Esoliken.7543

Esoliken.7543

I will remember how the only promises Anet will follow through with is:
-More RNG
-More removed content
-More bugs

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: brian.4160

brian.4160

ill remember 61 runs and no mini or jetpack
unreal anet – not happy at all

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: inazuma.7021

inazuma.7021

I’ll remember my participation in a months-long story-arc that ended in epic fashion. Enemy forces join together! Innocents in need of rescue! New NPC heroes to fight alongside! One of the most awesome boss fights in the game!

Vhaewyn – Level 80 Sylvari Ranger
Dakka Warforge- Level 80 Charr Engineer
Xairro – Level 80 Asura Revenant

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: HawkMeister.4758

HawkMeister.4758

As an event that took about 2-3 moths too long and yet again squandered precious dev work-time desperately needed for polishing/repairing existing content.

Oh yeah , and yet another nice Dungeon that has vanished(see wasted Dev-hours) instead of becoming a permanent expansion of the game.
Like uhm, maybe another Fractal Instance?

Polish > hype

(edited by HawkMeister.4758)

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

I think I’ll most remember the rabid onset of panic during the first weapons test, and then the panic during the first encounter with the bosses, and the sheer awesomeness of fleeing a collapsing facility under threat of a ticking time bomb.

Everything leading up to the dungeon was nice, but non of it was nearly as memorable as “FIRE EVERYTHING” and my whole guild group in vent going “Wait… seriousl..AHH”

The leadups to the finale? Nothing special, vaguely annoying fetch quests and refugees that just walked a lot without appearing to be in any danger and a molten alliance that never really attacked anything important. The Finale was for sure memorable, especially the first time.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: ibrennanhuff.3597

ibrennanhuff.3597

I’ll remember it as not being able to really due it because I’ve been busy via school, work, etc. and not being able to even try and get jet pack or even gauntlets for that matter since they seemed to have taken out the things needed for the Lost and Found achievement today.

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: kaminator.5693

kaminator.5693

I did the dungeon 2 times, first time was very fun! We did it with only 2 ppl, me and my friend (guardian and warrior), 2nd time did a fast run full party and got a jetpack Did all the achievements, was okay overall.

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

I realty enjoyed it and running it the first few times it was very hard before ppl worked out the trick to the fights. I will remember the first few runs and will not remember the farming of it.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in Flame and Frost

Esoliken.7543

I did the dungeon 2 times, first time was very fun! We did it with only 2 ppl, me and my friend (guardian and warrior), 2nd time did a fast run full party and got a jetpack Did all the achievements, was okay overall.

See this is what’s annoying. Congrats to you by the way, but the rest of us didn’t get such enjoyment. And since this is a “grindless” game, why should I continue to do it more than once? I wanted a Jetpack, I wanted a Mini, screw Anet if I am about to Grind for the coin to get either/or, and why should I pay real money for content that just got removed?

in Flame and Frost

Jski.6180

See this is what’s annoying. Congrats to you by the way, but the rest of us didn’t get such enjoyment. And since this is a “grindless” game, why should I continue to do it more than once? I wanted a Jetpack, I wanted a Mini, screw Anet if I am about to Grind for the coin to get either/or, and why should I pay real money for content that just got removed?

Kind of a question of can some one else stop some one from acting out to there personality? If you want to grind then you will grind and even your self cant stop such a thing because its part of your personality.

in Flame and Frost

Esoliken.7543

Kind of a question of can some one else stop some one from acting out to there personality? If you want to grind then you will grind and even your self cant stop such a thing because its part of your personality.

Its not really a question of personality. Its a question of ethics that Anet is failing on. They sit there and promise content. Great! Then remove it and all ability to enjoy it or otherwise do it. What do they have to show for it? A select few happy players that did nothing for the past 2 weeks but sit here and play, while the few of us did other things like real life, or barely made it on for dailies or some other reason.

I know I had my chance, but others had even less of an opportunity than me.

in Flame and Frost

Jski.6180

Its not really a question of personality. Its a question of ethics that Anet is failing on. They sit there and promise content. Great! Then remove it and all ability to enjoy it or otherwise do it. What do they have to show for it? A select few happy players that did nothing for the past 2 weeks but sit here and play, while the few of us did other things like real life, or barely made it on for dailies or some other reason.

I know I had my chance, but others had even less of an opportunity than me.

Look at what your saying you wanted things but you did not need them. Anet has nothing to do with you wanting things they only have to do with the things you need to play the game. Its your chose to run things over and over to get what you want you could of easily just farmed the gold for the items you wanted in less time then it was to get to drop form the event it self (Lyess camp) or even CoF but you chose to run the new event. If that chose was purely for items and gold then you where making a bad one but if you knew about other means of farming you chose the dungeon for fun. Now that how you should be playing GAMES for fun not for lot or gold.

That the simple truth of life and more so in the gaming world. We in real life have some level of rights so there are laws that open up opportunity for ppl who would not have such opportunity. When it comes to a gaming world the rights of a player is as much as the game makers wish. They could cut off the game the next day and give no reason and they would be well with in there rights. Stop trying to fool your self that this is like real life and GW2 is not the only game like this ALL of them are. Steam even worst then most (players losing the rights to sell there games that they bought though steam). This is where the gaming world is going you must live with it or simply stop playing games.

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: StriderShinryu.6923

StriderShinryu.6923

I suppose I’ll remember it as a mix of good and bad. I enjoyed the dungeon and the story overall, but the glacial pace at which things started and the way the epilogue totally fizzled out hurt.

I thought the special event related items were rather cool though I had no interest at all in any of them, but was disappointed by the way they had to be acquired for those who did want them.

I, once again, enjoyed the dungeon for what it was, but was puzzled by why everyone seemed to think it was far and away the most amazing thing the game had ever seen. I also saw the plight of those who had particular personal issues with forced group content who were locked out of completing even the most basic version of the storyline, though the problem wasn’t one I personally experienced at all.

Overall, I will look back on the event fondly but with the sincere hope that ANet learns from the rather obvious mistakes it made along the way.

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

I think I’ll remember it as the second-biggest pile of fail Anet have released. The other one that happened last November has had it’s name uttered so many times in infamy I dare not speak it here again.

It was the selling of a particular event for what, 4 months, spaced out so we were waiting with bated breath for something epic to happen each time, and each time they let us down. “Oh it’s gonna get better in the next episode”… no it didn’t. It was basic, repetitive and rather tedious for very little reward. It wasn’t even very exciting, but the inner charity worker within us all was doing backflips.

It put people into two different zones, an occasional bit of tactical fighting was required to complete a section here or there with Braham and Rox, then the dungeon at the end which would have capped it off nicely if it weren’t the penultimate stage of the story arc. A lot of players were looking for something a bit more tangible/practical than a lame bonfire at the end of it all, and the gratis gauntlets for doing your 5/5 achieves in that story line was a bit ho-hum. Yay we got some more achievement points… for what we still don’t know, but we’re happy we got some achievement points!! I guess if the cool stuff weren’t RNG or gem store based then people would have had a more positive experience from the F&F, like walking away from it without such mixed feelings.

To sum up: I’m guessing the creative department were all out of ideas on this one. I get the feeling that when they try hard to make something they think is gonna be epic, it gets everyone’s hopes up and then we’re kind of unceremoniously booted off that pedestal at the end of it all. Having said that, when they made something like the SAB and took a retro curve on things, I’ve never seen so many happy people wanting to play the game! Have a look back through the SAB section of the forums; it was page after page of joyous people sharing their love for the game and what a marvellous job Anet had finally done – so much so that hundreds of people were asking if it could possibly stay as a permanent thing. It was like OMG…. SO MUCH WIN!! Fantastic skins, a real platformer with great challenges and a feeling of reliving childhood (for us elder gamers). It’s like the minigame we always wanted.

And now they finish off F&F like this, it’s such a let-down in comparison.

Anyway… just my thoughts. [clink]

The old-school Arrow-Key warrior.
“Obtaining a legendary should be done through legendary feats…
Not luck and credit cards.”

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: JubeiTM.5763

JubeiTM.5763

I remember not bringing the 2 last possessions to the refugees thus having an achievement stuck at 95% forever. I still hope Arena Net will continue this wonderful story for 2 main reasons: 1) For those who couldn’t / forgot to finish in time. 2) For the newcomers who should also experience Flame & Frost.

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Some interesting new locations and NPCs, although how much I’ll remember of that years down the line remains to be seen.

Introducing proper cut scenes which are a vast improvement over the personal story dialogues.

And frustration that I couldn’t get the mini because it was a rare random drop from a limited time chest and instead got stuck with a ticket for gloves I’ll probably never use.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Varonica.8307

Varonica.8307

I shall rememebr it forever as the event that divided anet’s customer base into two groups;

The first group that said, “we don’t mind you having as many dungeons as you want, but please don’t put them into the vital story arcs because not everybody likes or runs dungeons”

The second group who said. “STFU and go and play a single player game if you don’t like dungeons you mob of whiny, anti-social etc etc etc.”

Very sad but that’s my strongest memory

(edited by Varonica.8307)

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: EpicHenchman.6594

EpicHenchman.6594

I will remember a 4 month storyline that only actually started on the third month. Having the story actually affect the areas was a nice idea but having just that made it far too hard to care about. I will also remember the introductions and interesting storylines of 2 new characters that merged together to end in a surprisingly good dungeon that i really enjoyed.

But unfortunately the thing that i will remember about F&F the most is how childish parts the GW2 community seem to be. All i hear in game is people complaining about things like

“I’m not bothering with F&F because it ends in a dungeon” What is stopping you from just trying it once? It was far from hard, plenty of people to pug with and it didn’t take that long.
“The finale wasn’t big enough” even though it was even said in-game that this isn’t the end of the living story and it is going to develop into something else in the next update.
“I didn’t have enough time to get the achievements” in the 4 months that this has been going for and ignored the counter on the UI to show them when the dungeon would be ending. Its not like the content took that long anyway.
“What the point in having content if you’re just going to get rid of it the end of the month” even though the living story is meant to represent a “living world” and they are assuming the developers would be stupid enough to just delete everything they created for F&F, of course not, they are probably going to re-release it at some point.
“I can’t get a fused weapon because its only in the BLC” People are seriously crying about not being able to get a big fiery sword. Yes paying to have only having a small chance to get something you want is annoying, but thats the point, Your gambling for something that’s purely cosmetic, nobody is forcing your hand.

Finally, I will also remember that they also introduced the SAB, updates to WvW and Guild missions so if you didn’t like F&F, There was other content out there.