Personal Nemesis

Personal Nemesis

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Kai Darkness.5801

Kai Darkness.5801

This isn’t a complaint, this is me just asking.

Where is this personal nemesis. We still have alot of questions unanswered, and it was presumed our nemesis was the reason the two races were collaborating.

I still see no sign, and we are about to reach the “commemoration” of the end of the story…. I’m a little confused.

The entrance to the dungeon moves, but it’s been said there is only one path of the dungeon, there was no sign of our personal nemesis….

Personal Nemesis

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Paul Belz.7351

Paul Belz.7351

That person has not yet revealed herself. If you go to Rox’s final instance in the citadel stockades you can interrogate the prisoners after the dungeon and get some small clues.

Expect the larger plot to start playing out a bit faster now that we are at the tail end of Flame and Frost.

Personal Nemesis

in Flame and Frost

Kai Darkness.5801

Thank you for your response. Found it awkward to enter the instance once I’d done it.
Below is the text from interactable prisoners.
[spoiler]Veteran Dredge Prisoner: Fuh-fuh-fuh-Flame Legion! Fuh! I told them! We never should’ve joined those coal-smoking charr. Their lava’s fried their beans!
<Player>: Why’d you join them in the first place?
Veteran Dredge Prisoner: For the fire, of course. We needed their fire magic to bolster the collective. With our hybrid weapons, we’d never have to worry about being conquered again. We believed them.
<Player>: Them?
Veteran Dredge Prisoner: Yeah, the flaming cow pies and their fast-talking friend from the city. Never again! Lying, silver-tongued, snake-nosed trickster! Never again.

Options (Dignity)
<Player>: Shame on you.
Veteran Dredge Prisoner: Shame on me? Shame on my leaders! They let themselves be seduced by power. We were fine until we got greedy. Evil trickster! Evil!
<Player>: I see you have nothing more to add. (End)

Options (Charisma)
<Player>: Cooperate and things will go better for you.
Veteran Dredge Prisoner: Things couldn’t go worse. We’re doomed! Doomed by our own greed for power. Blinded by seductive words and slippery promises. And now, we’re losing our weapons caches. Our factories. (sob)

Options (Ferocity)
<Player>: You blew it. Your plan failed.
Veteran Dredge Prisoner: The plan was flawed from the beginning. We were not orchestrating our own momentum. Instead, we listed to the seductive promises of that snake and stuck our heads too far out of our holes.
[/spoiler]

This may not be relevant to the personal nemesis, but included anyway. Veteran Flame Legion Prisoner = VFLP.
[spoiler-box]VFLP: What? You got a problem with me?
<Player>: Just curious. What did you hope to accomplish?
VFLP: You could never understand because you and your people are destined to die in our fires. Your time is coming. You should prepare yourselves.
<Player>: What are you talking about?
VFLP: Nothing. Never mind. Go fight your dragons. If they don’t, they’ll annihilate you.
<Player>: They’ll annihilate you too.
VFLP: I doubt it. We’ll be here long after the dragons have swallowed you and yours.
<Player>: In your dreams. (End)
[/spoiler-box]

(edited by Kai Darkness.5801)

Personal Nemesis

in Flame and Frost

Kai Darkness.5801

Apologies for the spoiler tags not working. Can’t seem to edit them so that they work.

Personal Nemesis

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: DraganBlack.7864

DraganBlack.7864

That person has not yet revealed herself.

looks like we just found out something about that person

The Exalted Ones [TEO]
Gunnars Hold

Personal Nemesis

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: CaptainVanguard.4925

CaptainVanguard.4925

One thing id like to know, have we actually met this person yet, or not? Is it a new character because it was implied we’d know them?

The anticipation for a personal nemesis is going to be alot of fun, but at least give us some narrowed down answers you teasing devs you, is this someone we’ve met or not?

Also…

As a little tip for a personal nemesis, I have no doubt the writing team is fantastic but remember something, a personal enemy has to do something “to” you to be personal, it needs to hurt you in a way that its “your” problem or they make their efforts “your” problem, not just the worlds.

Hyping this might be a drawback for some because were expecting this to be a god awesome super villian that will haunt us for timeless tales to tell.

I really hope A-net will deliver so remember the following net:

1. This person needs a TALLENTED voice actress and GOOD acting, not just someone thats over the top, but someone that can be a bit of everything.
2. Make sure that their actions are personal, things that annoy you, to things that really make you want to stab them and one day, beat their face in, because thats the ultimate goal you aspire to with a personal enemy.
3. Make them a bit deeper too, sometimes it can be fun to have a villian that isnt all funny and humor but quite serious, and even edgy and dark, infact dark and edgy is what makes villians epic and memorable.
4. Have them influence actions we ourselves have influenced, undooing the heroic deeds we’ve done, that way you feel like they are really trying their damnedest best to destroy you.
5. Have a kitten good motivation, a bad guy thats personal needs to have been wronged, or feel the need to utterly destroy you for a good reason, not just “because I will take over the world MUAHAHAHAHA” there are better ways, better ways A-net, pay attention to this, you guys do great stuff, I love it so far, I wanna keep loving it.

Some final tips:
- You dont just need one personal nemesis to make a roleplaying story interesting, but if you flesh one out enough, it can make up for many enemies.
- The hero must eventually have their chance to triumph against the villian, but the villian also needs their moment of epicness, it is the way of things and the rule of why people get indulged into villians, they like them to win, because then you want to beat their face in for it.

Personal Nemesis

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Vulpis.8063

Vulpis.8063

Out of curiousity, is there going to be a different Personal Nemesis based on race/class/whatever, or does everyone in the world have this one really upset person gunning for them personally simultanously?
I ask, because one of the few things I miss out of Champions Online was their Nemesis system, where you design a nemesis and select minions for them, and then go through one of several possible story mini-arcs before finally defeating them..and getting do another arc, either with the same nemesis, or a different one. Granted, that system may or may not work here, but it was still a nice bit of generated content that helped you feel more part of your own story.

Personal Nemesis

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: regonz.1378

regonz.1378

Its been a while since I did the initial content. When was the personal nemesis mentioned? I don’t remember coming across that info, but I may have missed it.

Personal Nemesis

in Flame and Frost

Kai Darkness.5801

As I understand it there will be a singular personal nemesis, and it was made out to seem like we have met her before. We know she is from a city and has a way with words and for whatever reason made the charr and dredge team up. She was effectively the driving force in the shadows behind the entire FaF.

In terms of the Lore I don’t know how or why it will be “personal”. I would have initially said it was someone from your own personal storyline arc before choosing an order, but specifying a sex shows its a singular person, not of a single order.

For me that leaves only people from dungeons, someone from the personal storyline beyond the order completion at Claw Island or someone from the Consortium!

Just some food for thought. And regonz: I honestly cannot remember when it was first mentioned regarding the personal nemesis. An interview maybe? I’ll see if I can find it again!

Personal Nemesis

in Flame and Frost

Kai Darkness.5801

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/living-story-evolution/

“Aside from the Living Story main characters, we’ll also be surprising you with interesting villains, one of whom will become your personal nemesis. Again, no spoilers allowed, so I can’t tell you more than that, but you’ll recognize this sassy character when you see…um, him/her/it. <grin>”

Personal Nemesis

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Nay of the Ether.8913

Nay of the Ether.8913

It’s gonna be a lich Livia wielding the Scepter of Orr here to wreak havoc in Tyria once more mmmwwwhahah!!!!

http://almunns.wix.com/elitedeathsociety
~Surrender fiend and you will get an easy death
~I could promise you the same…but it would be a lie…

Personal Nemesis

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Chessrook.8643

Chessrook.8643

It’s actually TRAHEARNE! He got a gender change, and now we all get to have our revenge on how he stole our thunder!

….ok yeah I don’t hate the guy personally but come on… how many of you would want this?

Personal Nemesis

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Chief.5928

Chief.5928

Trahearne undergoing a gender transforming operation? I think you’re the only one with that sort of fetish

Personal Nemesis

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Lokheit.7943

Lokheit.7943

It’s gonna be a lich Livia wielding the Scepter of Orr here to wreak havoc in Tyria once more mmmwwwhahah!!!!

I thoug about her for a moment with the “herself” reveal… but I really don’t know how could she be connected to this specific F&F story.

Personal Nemesis

in Flame and Frost

Kai Darkness.5801

This cannot turn into another Livia personal nemesis thread!!!! Theres enough of that on the lore forums!!!

Personal Nemesis

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

I think I already know who this “Personal Nemesis” is going to be, since Paul slipped us a clue. I’ve watched one too many Korean Dramas in my time, so I’m always looking for twists in stories. The twist became apparent to me when I finished the dungeon with Rox and Braham. I’m 90% sure, and I look forward to the next story arc to see if I’m right.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Personal Nemesis

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Gnar.8463

Gnar.8463

Since I’ve met Braham he is searching for a woman(Otilla) that was taken away by the dredge and charr.
Perhaps she is the personal nemesis.

Personal Nemesis

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

It could be Caithe’s girlfriend, though that one’s not from a city.

So what else could it be…which cities do we know of exist? There’s Arah, Divinity’s Reach and Lion’s Arch…any other cities?

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

Personal Nemesis

in Flame and Frost

Gnar.8463

Perhaps it’s our good old friend Kudu!
He is an Asura, pretty smart. He already worked together with the dredge aaand Kudu is a girl’s name.

He also already appeared in two dungeons.

Personal Nemesis

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

I think Zojja finally snapped…

#TeamJadeQuarry

Personal Nemesis

in Flame and Frost

Kai Darkness.5801

My initial thoughts went to one of the consortium, but they aren’t fully recognised “female wise” except one. I could see the consortium being beind it, but the personal nemesis aspect doesn’t make much sense.

Faolain was another option I considered but again put to one side.

I also even considered Captain Shud for the money aspect but again, was on the back burner as she isn’t really a recognisable character.

Caithe was another, but I can’t foresee them ruining Destiny’s Edge the moment they finally shut up kittening and get on with it!

As for cities, it could be any one of the races cities and Lion’s Arch. While the Grove isn’t a city in a conventional sense, the elven cities were regularly described in fantasy as being one large nurtured “home tree” or something similar. So it can be from any of the races.

Rox has no motivation except to try and prove her worth, but she had no idea why Rytlock would send her anyway (why would he send a gladium anyhow?!).

Personal Nemesis

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

Queen Jenna in disguise all along!

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

Personal Nemesis

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Frotee.2634

Frotee.2634

I wouldn’t be too surprised if it ended up being Countess Anise, although I did like her…

Polka will never die

Personal Nemesis

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Lokheit.7943

Lokheit.7943

I wouldn’t be too surprised if it ended up being Countess Anise, although I did like her…

I highly doubt this, she hasn’t showed any intention to go against them, she doesn’t strike me as an evil manipulator at all, just the kind of manipulator that works for greater good in a world full of manipulators (politicians). It would be completly ilogical. Aditionally she’s inolved in personal story and characters doing living story before their own personal story would be in a “weird” situation working with her.

Personal Nemesis

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: BunnytheSwordsman.4173

BunnytheSwordsman.4173

Since I’ve met Braham he is searching for a woman(Otilla) that was taken away by the dredge and charr.
Perhaps she is the personal nemesis.

That’s what I’m thinking as well. I have to doublecheck the cutscene in Hoelbrak to check if she’s there after the dungeon. If not, she’s a prime candidate. On top of that, there’s an instance where the prisoners don’t want to talk about her. We don’t see her the facility—at least, yet.

Personal Nemesis

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

It could be Caithe’s girlfriend, though that one’s not from a city.

So what else could it be…which cities do we know of exist? There’s Arah, Divinity’s Reach and Lion’s Arch…any other cities?

Kaineng City!

The table is a fable.

Personal Nemesis

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

She’s Shining Blade through and through, unless being the head of the Molten helps the Queen out, she wouldn’t be this.

However if she was then I’d have to throw my support behind the Alliance immediately.

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

Personal Nemesis

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

This may not be relevant to the personal nemesis, but included anyway. Veteran Flame Legion Prisoner = VFLP.
[spoiler-box]VFLP: What? You got a problem with me?
<Player>: Just curious. What did you hope to accomplish?
VFLP: You could never understand because you and your people are destined to die in our fires. Your time is coming. You should prepare yourselves.
<Player>: What are you talking about?
VFLP: Nothing. Never mind. Go fight your dragons. If they don’t, they’ll annihilate you.
<Player>: They’ll annihilate you too.
VFLP: I doubt it. We’ll be here long after the dragons have swallowed you and yours.
<Player>: In your dreams. (End)
[/spoiler-box]

Waaaaiiiit a second

I got a COMPLETELY different dialogue with him on my character – charr necro Whispers, Gladium father and Ash legion. He explained why they made the deal with the dredge – I don’t recall the exact wording, but it started with him saying that they overestimated the dredge’s abilities to “pop out of their holes” and that they’re only interested in digging deeper when the territory worth taking is the surface. Then he goes on to say that the alliance seemed like a “good idea at the time” stating that they intended to ally with the dredge to take more territory, then subject the dredge into slaves.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Personal Nemesis

in Flame and Frost

Gnar.8463

Waaaaiiiit a second

I got a COMPLETELY different dialogue with him on my character – charr necro Whispers, Gladium father and Ash legion. He explained why they made the deal with the dredge – I don’t recall the exact wording, but it started with him saying that they overestimated the dredge’s abilities to “pop out of their holes” and that they’re only interested in digging deeper when the territory worth taking is the surface. Then he goes on to say that the alliance seemed like a “good idea at the time” stating that they intended to ally with the dredge to take more territory, then subject the dredge into slaves.

There are two Flame Legion Prisoners. A shaman and a ritualist.
Both have different dialogues.

Personal Nemesis

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Kript.3291

Kript.3291

queen jennah?

i am frudoo,a forum warrior, an expert wvw analyst, and a closet fanboy of Jade Quarry server.

Personal Nemesis

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Derek.6017

Derek.6017

I bet Lionguard Lyns has been hoarding all of those donations.

Personal Nemesis

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

To make a nemesis that everyone in the game hates just do the following:

Step 1: create a cut scene with said nemesis.
Step 2: In said cut scene have said nemesis kill 1 baby quaggan
Step 3: After killing said baby quaggan, have the nemesis exclaim: “I Balance the classes in GW2”

Step 4: Watch as the player base attempts to disembowel the nemesis and make continuous death threats against her.

Personal Nemesis

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Greyfur.1082

Greyfur.1082

I hope its Rox. Her and her crazy Eyes

Personal Nemesis

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Gandarel.5091

Gandarel.5091

Step 3: After killing said baby quaggan, have the nemesis exclaim: “I Balance the classes in GW2”

Step 4: Watch as the player base attempts to disembowel the nemesis and make continuous death threats against her.

Step 5: Be a twin to Trahearne, born together from the same pod

Captain Deutschland, Ozzy The Insane, Hanz Limbchewer – r40+ mes/nec/engi Desolation
Fear The Crazy [Huns]

Personal Nemesis

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

There are two Flame Legion Prisoners. A shaman and a ritualist.
Both have different dialogues.

The one who’s asleep didn’t give me any dialogue. There’s a Flame Prisoner, and a Dredge Shaman prisoner.

I did some testing, and the Flame prisoner has different dialogue for charr than all the other races. Using Kai’s format from up above:

VFLP: Those dredge better be ready for Gaheron’s fires. They’re gonna burn for this. Bumbling pinheads!"
<Player>: It’s not turning out like you wanted?
VFLP: You might say we overestimated the dredge ability to pull their heads out of their holes. All they want is to dig deeper, when the territory worth grabbing is on the surface.
<Player>: What made you do it?
VFLP: It sounded like a good idea at the time. Mine the dredge for all their secrets, use them to take territory, then put them in their places.
<Player>: I see. (end)

Killing baby quaggans and balancing professions in GW2?

Sounds like my kind of guy. Can I go evil please?

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Personal Nemesis

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Vulpis.8063

Vulpis.8063

I think Zojja finally snapped…

I wouldn’t blame her, given Destiny’s Edge is a stereotypical Raid-failure group.
Rytlock is the guy with no life at all outside the game, throwing hissy-fits because Logan spent a night with his girlfriend instead of raiding—and as a result, his best friend Snaff rage-quit after the group wiped. Eir is the Leroy Jenkins type, running off to do ‘clever’ ideas. Caithe I feel sorry for, being the diplomatic type desperately trying to keep the group together instead of writing them off and finding some new friends. And Zojja—I’m amused that she’s the one I most identify with, since I run Asura anyway—she’s just plain digusted with the whole thing and would rather just run the raid by herself, even if she has to buy more accounts and bot them to do it.
So I definitely wouldn’t blame Zojja for snaping. Heck…I’d be tempted to go ask the Elder Dragon if it needs a new Champion, rather than dealing with these losers.

Personal Nemesis

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Samuska.5024

Samuska.5024

Well let’s look at this Nemesis from a Lore Point of View shall we?
I always wondered what the Consortium has to do with all this Flame&Frost and today i checked in Southshore how they are doing.
We have to remember that the plan was to make money via Tourists in Southshore, this didn’t work out, so they need a new idea.
We know that the Dredge guy says he was betrayed by this person from the city, as Paul Belz stated “herself” which would work for Administrator Elpida Callis from the Consortium.
Just a Theory and i hope you understand me although my english is pretty bad i guess.
=D

Personal Nemesis

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Erukk.1408

Erukk.1408

I don’t see anyone from the Consortium being the personal nemesis. They all seem more money hungry than power hungry. If anything, I’m thinking that she (the personal nemesis) used them, or possibly still using them, just as much as she used the Molten Alliance. A means to and end. The difference being on how they are used.

The Alliance was used for the big stuff like acting cities and creating the fusion weapons. The Consortium on the other hand is used for the more subtle machinations, and they can work openly in the cities since that are “legal”.

Though now that I think about it, I’m wondering if the whole Molten Alliance was just a HUGE decoy for something else…

Personal Nemesis

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I’m inclined to think it’s someone from the Consortium. The references to a “silver-tongued”, “fast-talking” person from the city, plus the fact that the Consortium seems to be trying to profit from the refugee situation by funneling more people to Southsun Cove, suggests that someone high up in the Consortium orchestrated the whole situation. Maybe she did it to push more people into Southsun Cove, and which I still remain convinced that the whole “holiday resort” thing is a cover for what the Consortium (or our Personal Nemesis) is REALLY after there.

I suspect that it has something to do with the Karka, or something the Karka possess. I still find it odd that the Karka would attack Lion’s Arch after the Consortium started poking around Southsun Cove. Perhaps the Consortium secretly stole something that the Karka wanted back.

Personal Nemesis

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: VitalSuit.1980

VitalSuit.1980

“silver-tongued, fast talking person from the city”
Wouldn’t that be Caudecus?

Personal Nemesis

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Sioul.7269

Sioul.7269

“fast talking person from the city”

What about Blingg?: “Citizens! coming soo-Citizens! comi-Citizens! Cit-Citizens!”

Personal Nemesis

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

“silver-tongued, fast talking person from the city”
Wouldn’t that be Caudecus?

Unlikely, as I believe if your character had done the Caudecus’ Manor dungeon prior to doing the Living Story content, then Caudecus is being held in custody by the Shining Blade, meaning he wouldn’t have been able to meet with the Flame Legion and Dredge Collective.

Personal Nemesis

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

Either Saruman or Livia.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Personal Nemesis

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

Riot Alice?

Nah. Too race specific. Also, she can’t be evil. I like her too much.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

Personal Nemesis

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Bubi.7942

Bubi.7942

Is it… me? Wouldn’t that be a surprise!

Personal Nemesis

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

Obviously, it’s Miyani, in cahoots with Zommoros. They’re planning to have the Alliance dig beneath the Mystic Forge in LA and release the djinn, so they can run off with all the treasure we flushed down the forge.

Personal Nemesis

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

How about the NPC that was near the broken down lion-statue, selling black lion keys, after the karka event? She talked fast….and i didn’t believe that reconstruction plan of hers.

Personal Nemesis

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

She was also working with Zommoros… very suspicious!

Personal Nemesis

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

I have a feeling the nemesis is going to turn out being some Consortium puppeteer not too dissimilar to Mass Effect’s The Illusive Man sans the good intentions.

Personal Nemesis

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Alkahla.5016

Alkahla.5016

Maybe I’m taking it too literally, but the comment made by the prisoner talks about a “snake-nosed” person. When I hear that, the first thing that pops into my mind is Sylvari, since one of the faces we can choose is very snake-like. And since it is a she…

Faolain!