Rox, the Charr

Rox, the Charr

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Euin.3578

Euin.3578

@ Euin: Then just say that! – go to the suggestions forum and tell them you don’t like the design, instead of acting like some some law has been violated.

@Greyfur: And who created Rox again? – Arenanet, so it still stands, it’s their bloody design xD

You know the original charr had horns coming out their shoulders; but modern charr no longer have those? – But they’re still charr right

That’s kinda what this thread is for. Telling Anet that we don’t like Rox’s eyeballs. And there’s also on on the suggestion forum which needs more attention too. And on the charr forum too. Charr deserve better then this, don’t you think?

Rox, the Charr

in Flame and Frost

Euin.3578

Okay enough, you’re taking this a bit serious and it baffles me. If they add this to the character selection then don’t choose it. It’s not the end of your beloved charr people. We get the point you and some others don’t like it, but respect others who does like it / for it and may want to look like it.

I am trying to be respectful. I don’t wish for any sort of fights about it. I wish that the representative of the charr race would actually look like charr and not an asura/charr hybrid, thank you. I already hear enough “charr pander to furries!” as it is, and if you’re okay with that, that’s fine, but I’m not. I don’t want the lore to be broken any further then it already has either.

Rox, the Charr

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Brutalistik.6473

Brutalistik.6473

I am trying to be respectful. I don’t wish for any sort of fights about it.

Not try…just do. I am not sure how it looks like a hybrid of asura and charr. All I see is a youthful female charr and that is the design they chosen. It has nothing to do with this charr vision you have nor what others keep complaining about. Charr panders to furries sounds like a personal problem I am not going to get involve with.

Pineapples

Rox, the Charr

in Flame and Frost

Euin.3578

Not try…just do. I am not sure how it looks like a hybrid of asura and charr. All I see is a youthful female charr and that is the design they chosen. It has nothing to do with this charr vision you have nor what others keep complaining about. Charr panders to furries sounds like a personal problem I am not going to get involve with.

This entire thread repeatedly says what is wrong with her, nor am I being disrespectful. I am telling what I feel about this subject, and by the number of people responding in this thread, I’m sure they agree. She needs an eyeball reduction, badly.
What do you mean by charr vision? http://web.archive.org/web/20120209094625/http://www.arena.net/blog/the-artistic-origin-of-the-charr explains what the female charr are supposed to be and I’d say prior to Rox Arenanet did one heck a good job making the charr what they’re supposed to be. Why is expressing our disappointment in this wrong?

Rox, the Charr

in Flame and Frost

Brutalistik.6473

This entire thread repeatedly says what is wrong with her, nor am I being disrespectful. I am telling what I feel about this subject, and by the number of people responding in this thread, I’m sure they agree. She needs an eyeball reduction, badly.
What do you mean by charr vision? http://web.archive.org/web/20120209094625/http://www.arena.net/blog/the-artistic-origin-of-the-charr explains what the female charr are supposed to be and I’d say prior to Rox Arenanet did one heck a good job making the charr what they’re supposed to be. Why is expressing our disappointment in this wrong?

So if this is all about the big eyes and not the design of the youthful model this thread is complaining about. Why add more to the scene like model design, lore and whatever non important stuff to the thread.

Rox, the Charr has big eyes please reduce them, but I like the horns This should of been enough to what you and others wanted to express.

As for the link yeah I know what he said, but understand that models may be tweak a bit in the future giving it more flavor and selections to choose from.

Pineapples

Rox, the Charr

in Flame and Frost

Euin.3578

So if this is all about the big eyes and not the design of the youthful model this thread is complaining about. Why add more to the scene like model design, lore and whatever non important stuff to the thread.

Rox, the Charr has big eyes please reduce them, but I like the horns This should of been enough to what you and others wanted to express.

As for the link yeah I know what he said, but understand that models may be tweak a bit in the future giving it more flavor and selections to choose from.

I absolutely love her horns and hair. She’s pretty, but the eyes are way too much. She’d look so much cuter with a lot less eyeball and a bit more angle maybe but you know she needs some space for her brain there at least haha.

Rox, the Charr

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: FenGuild.1097

FenGuild.1097

Good day,

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/march-2013/

Genuine question .. are Rox’ eyes going to look like that? Right now, she looks like a comic-stylised character. I’ll have a hard time taking her serious, and importantly; immerse myself in the lore you’re writing into the game.

Thanks.

She looks cool, I like the horns and is that a new hairstyle? I like it. Why will you have a hard time about this? Lore? She’s just a NPC model of a teenager gladium charr on a mission. I am guessing her attitude may be spunky too. If anything this is her lore so she is a adventurous female charr sent on a important task. You guys need to ease down a bit and not overlook this issue too much. It baffles me to be honest lols

Rox, the Charr

in Flame and Frost

Euin.3578

Good day,

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/march-2013/

Genuine question .. are Rox’ eyes going to look like that? Right now, she looks like a comic-stylised character. I’ll have a hard time taking her serious, and importantly; immerse myself in the lore you’re writing into the game.

Thanks.

She looks cool, I like the horns and is that a new hairstyle? I like it. Why will you have a hard time about this? Lore? She’s just a NPC model of a teenager gladium charr on a mission. I am guessing her attitude may be spunky too. If anything this is her lore so she is a adventurous female charr sent on a important task. You guys need to ease down a bit and not overlook this issue too much. It baffles me to be honest lols

Its not the lore, its not really any of that, its the eyes. They’re uh, a tad way too big for her face. That’s what the OP was talking about, cause they’re kinda scary looking.

Rox, the Charr

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Gwaiyn.4395

Gwaiyn.4395

are the eyes really that bad?

we are technically looking up at her and that tends to make eyes appear slightly larger than they actually are so they might not even be as big as people are making it out to be

i personally like rox’s model, the eyes are the perfect size between cute kitty eyes and oversized saucer eyes for me, but what really catches my attention is her weapon, i don’t believe i’ve seen a bow like that anywhere in game

Gwaiyn – 80 Thief
Ryfaul – 80 Warrior
Fluene – 80 Mesmer

Rox, the Charr

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: WatchTheShow.7203

WatchTheShow.7203

I logged on to the forums when I saw the picture this thread was referring to. I just have to say as a personal opinion I do not like those eyes. All of the characters in the game so far have a "realistic" look to them. I put realistic in parenthesis because realistically none of the races except the humans exist in real life. This would be the equivalent of putting googly eyes on a hylek. Yes, a Hylek’s eyes are big and round, but they don’t look absurd because their eyes were drawn with various shades and colors bringing a more believable and realistic eye to their race. On this Charr here we see two very flat colors, green and black, contrasting in such a way that it looks almost like an early 90’s cartoon eye. I’m fine with new eye styles, but these particular eyes strike me as a little creepy. I feel as if she is looking straight into my soul and wants to eat my thoughts.

Rox, the Charr

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: TwoBit.5903

TwoBit.5903

Greyfur’s simple photo manipulation is hardly constructive. There are numerous factors you have to consider before simply downsizing the eyes.

For example, what is the proper anatomy? Do you really believe that the creators of this creature don’t understand what they’re doing? You think we do? Realistically, I’d say it’s entirely possible for a creature of that size and spec to be born with eyes that size. Why deny the possibility?

So you say there is nothing constructive in this thread, yet when an example is pointed out, you say that it doesn’t count? What is this I don’t even.

He has a point. You can’t just shrink the eyes. That would be ludicrous! You first have to consider all the imaginary factors that you can think of as a counter. For example. What is the player’s average threshold for pain? Do you really believe ANet doesn’t know how long the average players can stare at something so horrifying before passing out? You think we know if something is horrifying enough or not? Realistically, in my imagination, I’d say we haven’t pushed the pain threshold enough. Why deny ourselves that possibility of finding out?

On a serious note, players do actually know on some level. It’s not necessarily a level where they can verbalize it, though. That’s the thing with aesthetics. It’s more the impression than the actual intention and meaning that matters.

(edited by TwoBit.5903)

Rox, the Charr

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Phyxrgon.7305

Phyxrgon.7305

What an interesting design… I’d make my charr look like that with her current snow leopard look. I really would.

/serious

Jade Quarrior – [HzH] [SF]

Tengu. Make it happen.

Rox, the Charr

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Ben K.6238

Ben K.6238

are the eyes really that bad?

They are pretty bad. So far, I’ve shown that screenshot to a few people in my guild, and I’ve yet to get a response suitable for print.

Rox, the Charr

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Nimmi.1650

Nimmi.1650

I logged on to the forums when I saw the picture this thread was referring to. I just have to say as a personal opinion I do not like those eyes. All of the characters in the game so far have a “realistic” look to them. I put realistic in parenthesis because realistically none of the races except the humans exist in real life. This would be the equivalent of putting googly eyes on a hylek. Yes, a Hylek’s eyes are big and round, but they don’t look absurd because their eyes were drawn with various shades and colors bringing a more believable and realistic eye to their race. On this Charr here we see two very flat colors, green and black, contrasting in such a way that it looks almost like an early 90’s cartoon eye. I’m fine with new eye styles, but these particular eyes strike me as a little creepy. I feel as if she is looking straight into my soul and wants to eat my thoughts.

This is pretty much my look on it too. I do not mind the size at all. It’s mostly just the lack of depth in the eyes themselves. I already posted on the other thread my suggestion. In general though, Rox’s look isn’t actually game breaking for me. I could live with her as she is now, but a little improvement on the way the eyes are coloured wouldn’t hurt. :P

Rox, the Charr

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: vysaek.8290

vysaek.8290

Am i the only one who thinks that she looks… Scared? Not weird, jus scared at “OMFG WHY ME?!” or something like that

Rox, the Charr

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Zalani.9827

Zalani.9827

Hmmm… Rox kind of reminds me of a certain someone…

Reminds me of her to lol.
Rox’s eyes are like staring into your soul or something, it’s just kind of creepy on a Charr. xD ( don’t mind more char creation options though, btw)

Jadis Narnia-Sylvari Ranger of [EDGE]
Dragonbrand

Rox, the Charr

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Greyfur.1082

Greyfur.1082

@ Greyffur… Time changes and so does designers minds on how they want to design their model.

You are correct. Time changes but designers minds not that much; and that got me thinking, if Perry, Kotaki and Hargrove are still involved in the ArenaNet design team. A change like this has to come from the outside either a new artist or maybe NCSoft wants something closer to the aurin of Wildstar or lyn of Blade and Soul (but this is just speculation)

If it was one of my concept artist bringing this to me, as art lead It would not get pass the concept stage.

The last thing I will post on this subject:

I don’t give two copper if and when ArenaNet decides to add this face to players character creator. The fans of it can use it and it wouldn’t affect anything. In my opinion It just doesn’t go with what the charr are supposed to be and should not be used for a main character.

Now I will retire from this post.

(edited by Greyfur.1082)

Rox, the Charr

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

You are correct. Time changes but designers minds not that much;

It’s awesome that you speak for every designer and artist and have boiled their mentality down to simple concepts and dismiss individuality wholesale like that. It’s great!

Rox, the Charr

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: cmlanton.3496

cmlanton.3496

I haven’t seen her yet in-game, but I’ve seen the picture. At first, I was like “Woah, what’s wrong with her face?” But then, taking another gander, I realized the only thing that really bothered me was that light wasn’t bouncing off her eyes, giving them an incredibly flat look. A little more of a smile might help, too. Also, to those angry about her being young and cutesy, think of Tybalt. He was adorable, and not at all a stereotypical charr character. Yet, he’s one of the most memorable characters in the game.

Rox, the Charr

in Flame and Frost

TwoBit.5903

I haven’t seen her yet in-game, but I’ve seen the picture. At first, I was like “Woah, what’s wrong with her face?” But then, taking another gander, I realized the only thing that really bothered me was that light wasn’t bouncing off her eyes, giving them an incredibly flat look. A little more of a smile might help, too. Also, to those angry about her being young and cutesy, think of Tybalt. He was adorable, and not at all a stereotypical charr character. Yet, he’s one of the most memorable characters in the game.

Players understood who Tybalt was through his dialogue and the personality that it showed the player. Some of it did come through in his appearance, but it was subtle.

Now in Rox’s case, even if she does have personality, I’m sure most players would be too busy angling the camera away from her face to notice.

Rox, the Charr

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: pownguin.9205

pownguin.9205

Roxx looks like any other charr. ArenaNet invented and designed every charr you’re going to see. They’re the god of Guild Wars 2. There isn’t a right or a wrong charr.

Rox, the Charr

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Kojiden.8405

Kojiden.8405

There isn’t a right or a wrong charr.

Incorrect. Let’s view this from another race’s perspective. Let’s say that a human had 3 arms. Nobody would have any of that. I get the feeling that people who are ok with Rox are people who aren’t huge charr fans. You’d hear outrage on the forums if Anet did this to a human NPC.

Rox, the Charr

in Flame and Frost

Nimmi.1650

Incorrect. Let’s view this from another race’s perspective. Let’s say that a human had 3 arms. Nobody would have any of that. I get the feeling that people who are ok with Rox are people who aren’t huge charr fans. You’d hear outrage on the forums if Anet did this to a human NPC.

…Err…I hate to come back to this thread again…>____>;;;;;;

I think generalizing people who are okay with Rox as not being ‘huge fans’ of the Charr is untrue. Some people have different tastes, while others are fans in their own way. There are also those who may just be more lenient/passive towards change.

(edited by Nimmi.1650)

Rox, the Charr

in Flame and Frost

Brutalistik.6473

I get the feeling that people who are ok with Rox are people who aren’t huge charr fans. You’d hear outrage on the forums if Anet did this to a human NPC.

That’s kind of like spitting in our faces buddy lols no respect at all. What makes you believe that we aren’t huge charrs fans? Because we’re not taking this silly uproar about a young charr model serious enough? If that’s the case then yes because overall it’s silly especially when it goes into nonsense details like she’s not part of the lore or race when she is xD.

All this cause of one model…sheesh you people.

Pineapples

Rox, the Charr

in Flame and Frost

Nimmi.1650

That’s kind of like spitting in our faces buddy lols no respect at all.

Just a little bit. I could think of a thousand things I could say, or generalize the people who are against Rox into. Fortunately, I don’t believe that will amount to anything and I honestly hate to judge anyone before I know them. I’m only human. Sometimes I cannot help it, but I try my best none of the less. In my opinion, there is nothing wrong with leaving feedback whether it is negative or positive. Especially if it’s constructive, and I must admit, I do see some great feedback here by awesome posters on both ends of the spectrum.

Sorry, I just felt the need to voice my opinion on this matter.

//Cannot count how many hours, days and weeks I spent on this race Pre-launch and Post.

(edited by Nimmi.1650)

Rox, the Charr

in Flame and Frost

Nimmi.1650

There’s both positive and negative feedback. Then there’s also good and bad feedback. It seems we have an abundance of all four in this thread, mostly bad unfortunately. XD I hope that Anet will not write off the good positive/negative feedback just because of the bad.

The best way to voice your opinion and give criticism is to do it in the shoes of the artist. If you were the person or company who designed Rox, which piece of feedback would you likely listen to?

1. “What in the world?! Ewww, nasty gross. Ugliest character design ever! I hate you Anet for doing this. Blah blah blah. This is trash, I am never making a Charr again because of -insert reason here without any real constructive criticism- !!!”

or

2. “Hi there! I really enjoy the Charr, but I believe something isn’t quite right about the new character’s eyes. It may be at best interest to adjust them to look more natural. -example of what you believe is better here-. At the moment, they appear much too big. This is throwing off some of the other features on her face, and it’s causing her to appear slightly distorted or disproportionate in certain places. If you were to make them a bit smaller, it would -please insert why this idea would be better- Etc, etc, etc. I would be very grateful if you took all of this into consideration! Thank you so much for taking the time to read up on what I have to say. The original design behind the female Charr is very inspiring to me and I hope you remain loyal to it. I honestly think it’s great that you chose a female Charr to be the next lead in the upcoming patch! Seriously, Charr should lead everything!!!”

Short and simple, but still gets all the points across. A lot of heart and time goes into art. ^^ Giving feedback the way you would want to receive it is the another good way to look at things. It shows you have care, interest, passion and respect for whatever/whoever it is you are criticizing. In short, a little common courtesy can go a long ways.

(Note – The feedback examples aren’t actually something I stand with. They’re just random examples I thought up of. I don’t find Rox all that game breaking, but think a bit of improvement on the way the eyes are shaded wouldn’t hurt).

(edited by Nimmi.1650)

Rox, the Charr

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: CETheLucid.3964

CETheLucid.3964

There’s both positive and negative feedback. Then there’s also good and bad feedback. It seems we have an abundance of all four in this thread, mostly bad unfortunately. XD I hope that Anet will not write off the good positive/negative feedback just because of the bad.

The best way to voice your opinion and give criticism is to do it in the shoes of the artist. If you were the person or company who designed Rox, which piece of feedback would you likely listen to?

1. “What in the world?! Ewww, nasty gross. Ugliest character design ever! I hate you Anet for doing this. Blah blah blah. This is trash, I am never making a Charr again because of -insert reason here without any real constructive criticism- !!!”

or

2. “Hi there! I really enjoy the Charr, but I believe something isn’t quite right about the new character’s eyes. It may be at best interest to adjust them to look more natural. -example of what you believe is better here-. At the moment, they are appear much too big. This is throwing off some of the other features in her face, and it’s causing her to look slightly distorted or disproportionate in certain places. If your were to make them a bit smaller, it would -please insert why this idea would be better- Etc, etc, etc. I would be very grateful if you took all of this into consideration! Thank you so much for taking the time to read up on what I have to say. The original design decisions behind the female Charr are very inspiring to me and I hope you remain loyal to them. I think it’s great that you chose a female Charr to be the next lead in the upcoming patch! Seriously, Charr should lead everything!!!”

Short and simple, but still gets all the points across. A lot of heart and time goes into art. ^^ Giving feedback the way you would want to receive it is the best way to go in my opinion. It shows you have interest, passion and respect for the whatever/whoever it is you are criticizing.

(Note – That feedback isn’t actually something I stand with, it’s just a random example I thought up of. I don’t find Rox all that game breaking, but think a bit of improvement wouldn’t hurt).

/thread

Well said.

Rox, the Charr

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Genoss Hazard.7528

Genoss Hazard.7528

I love her and this is coming from someone who is not particularly fond of Charr.
Perhaps its her eyes or maybe because she is not affiliated with any Charr warband, that whole “For _ Legion!” is a bunch of generic crap, she seems eccentric and looks like she is a “free Charr”

Rox, the Charr

in Flame and Frost

Nimmi.1650

Thank you. There are so many spelling errors in that huge post. XD I used to do work for a couple projects, and they had me criticizing a lot artwork. I chose which pieces went through to the final project and gave people advice on how to stay within the style. I’ve learned the hard way what the difference between giving good and bad feedback/criticism is. I am in no way an expert, but it really does make a difference in my experience. Points can easily be made and expressed without getting rude. If you want respect in return, you must show it first. ^^ Art is a very personal thing. Even when it’s business, there’s still an inspiration, personality and person behind every piece.

I think It’d be really awesome to play as a Gladium Charr and to earn your place in society Genoss!

Anyways, I should probably leave this thread alone as I have already expressed my feelings and given suggestions towards Rox.

(edited by Nimmi.1650)

Rox, the Charr

in Flame and Frost

Euin.3578

or

2. “Hi there! I really enjoy the Charr, but I believe something isn’t quite right about the new character’s eyes. It may be at best interest to adjust them to look more natural. -example of what you believe is better here-. At the moment, they appear much too big. This is throwing off some of the other features on her face, and it’s causing her to appear slightly distorted or disproportionate in certain places. If you were to make them a bit smaller, it would -please insert why this idea would be better- Etc, etc, etc. I would be very grateful if you took all of this into consideration! Thank you so much for taking the time to read up on what I have to say. The original design behind the female Charr is very inspiring to me and I hope you remain loyal to it. I honestly think it’s great that you chose a female Charr to be the next lead in the upcoming patch! Seriously, Charr should lead everything!!!”

Short and simple, but still gets all the points across. A lot of heart and time goes into art. ^^ Giving feedback the way you would want to receive it is the another good way to look at things. It shows you have care, interest, passion and respect for whatever/whoever it is you are criticizing. In short, a little common courtesy can go a long ways.

(Note – The feedback examples aren’t actually something I stand with. They’re just random examples I thought up of. I don’t find Rox all that game breaking, but think a bit of improvement on the way the eyes are shaded wouldn’t hurt).

I agree. Very much wish that she would get some kind treatment so that people aren’t so off put by her though.

Rox, the Charr

in Flame and Frost

WatchTheShow.7203

Seeing Rox looking like an anime character made me think, “What if they decided to do this to the other races too?”

Although I don’t think the eyes need an overhaul, I do support sizing them down some and adding in new shades of colors to make the eyes look less flat. Currently, she really does look more anime than Arenanet-styled.

Meet Raya, a young, adventurous human woman who had to abruptly leave her high school class when destroyers overran it and subsequently destroyed it:

Attachments:

(edited by WatchTheShow.7203)

Rox, the Charr

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: catqeer.1954

catqeer.1954

oddly her eyes are growing on me… but we should focus on the important thing here… her hair… her horns… her fur pattern… her face… and her bow….

Rox, the Charr

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Ben K.6238

Ben K.6238

Meet Raya, a young, adventurous human woman who had to abruptly leave her high school class when destroyers overran it and subsequently destroyed it.

Now that’s more like it. Needs pointy ears though.

Rox, the Charr

in Flame and Frost

TwoBit.5903

Meet Raya, a young, adventurous human woman who had to abruptly leave her high school class when destroyers overran it and subsequently destroyed it.

Now that’s more like it. Needs pointy ears though.

Obviously, Raya won’t be complete without an adorable and mystical mascot. Maybe if, before Raya departs on her journey to capture the six Draconic Heart Crystals, she’ll team up with KooKoo the Quaggan who can transform into the magical Heart Scepter.

(edited by TwoBit.5903)

Rox, the Charr

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Zenguy.6421

Zenguy.6421

Aaargh! Now all I can think to say when I meet Rox is “Hello Kitty!”

Rox, the Charr

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Zhaneel.9208

Zhaneel.9208

I just wanted to point out that this would have been better:

I would have been ok with this. At least it made me laugh.

:sigh: I guess we’re being trolled again. Whoopie.

Hmmm… Rox kind of reminds me of a certain someone…

I knew a dude who looked just like that girl….yikes.

(edited by Zhaneel.9208)

Rox, the Charr

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

Seeing Rox looking like an anime character made me think, “What if they decided to do this to the other races too?”

Although I don’t think the eyes need an overhaul, I do support sizing them down some and adding in new shades of colors to make the eyes look less flat. Currently, she really does look more anime than Arenanet-styled.

Meet Raya, a young, adventurous human woman who had to abruptly leave her high school class when destroyers overran it and subsequently destroyed it:

Please god no..

There are hundreds of Anime games, we really don’t need it in Guildwars 2.. it also makes a mockery of the lore, yet again…

Rox, the Charr

in Flame and Frost

WatchTheShow.7203

Please god no..

There are hundreds of Anime games, we really don’t need it in Guildwars 2.. it also makes a mockery of the lore, yet again…

That was the point lol. I am not in favor of anime-ing the game. xD

Rox, the Charr

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

My main is a charr and I have no problem with her.

I like that she looks different from most charr – this is the most appealing thing about her. It’s also possible this is just one extreme screen shot looking like this (do I need to dig up the ridiculous female human surprise/laughing faces or screen cap TV shows and movies to show the stupid faces people make at different times to demonstrate this point?). Her appearance might be integral to her characterisation and an important part of her story, plot isn’t the only tool a writer has to tell a story, large amounts of detail can go into the tiniest things when creating, writing and acting a character. This debate was pretty silly from the start, but it’s certainly gone too far now.

I think we are all forgetting to speculate on the most important thing here, if Rox is a ranger, what is her pet? With Southsun Cove we saw the introduction of the Reef Drake so it’s entirely possible we could see a new pet with this new content (despite it taking place in already existing maps). In the ArenaNet fan meet and greet there was a question about griffon pets and the answer was along the lines of… they didn’t want to give too much away and that kind of idea is on some kind of list.

Anyone else think Rox might have a griffon as a pet? Broham gets a kitten new armour, sexy new weapons and a kittenin new hairstyle. Rox got my level five armour rejections. Maybe her giving her a new pet could be her shiny new thing?

If it’s not a new pet, what do you think it will be? Are there any non-pet animals (like raptors, grubs, bats etc) that you’d like to see her with? If it was an existing animal, what do you think it would be? Any chance she will go the route of Keiran Thackeray from GW1 and simply not have an animal companion (seems unlikely seeing as ArenaNet has been so adamant about rangers now having an animal companion – unless it’s a plot element)?

(edited by Shiren.9532)

Rox, the Charr

in Flame and Frost

Brutalistik.6473

Please god no..

That was the point lol. I am not in favor of anime-ing the game. xD

You will suffer with her anime eyes muhahahah. LOOK AT IT! LOOK AT IT!

Pineapples

Rox, the Charr

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Iknakh.1970

Iknakh.1970

I decided to test her facial beauty with legendary internet science. She scored higher than I imagined.

Attachments:

Rox, the Charr

in Flame and Frost

Euin.3578

I decided to test her facial beauty with legendary internet science. She scored higher than I imagined.

I can’t breathe anymore!
I hope she has a cute voice.

Rox, the Charr

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Kojiden.8405

Kojiden.8405

So what do people think of Rox in the game? To be honest it’s not as bad as I thought it was. Still think the eyes could be a little smaller but it’s not a huge deal.

Attachments:

Rox, the Charr

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Faereilos.5106

Faereilos.5106

Rox’s voice doesn’t match her appearance – she sounds too old for a young charr. And her eyes still scare me.

Rox, the Charr

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Lynx.1352

Lynx.1352

Still too hideously anime for a charr.

Edit: I just listened to her voice. So VERY out of place.

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”
- Mike Obrien, President of Anet

(edited by Lynx.1352)

Rox, the Charr

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

Sad.

This aptly describes your post.

I mean, yeah it’s one thing to voice your opinion and I’d even defend you for it…but then you go about branding people of some other opinion mean and derogatory slang and profess in how you will avoid them for it.

As for mods deleting whatever it is you’re posting, it’s probably because of the way you’re posting it…but then mods will be mods…they deleted a post of mine which simply said “No not really” in response to your opinion.

Rox, the Charr

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: KorKor.9452

KorKor.9452

Stuff

Yet every other post you made in reply to mine was hostile or trying to dig. Ya, you respect or leave it alone when it agrees with your opinion. Otherwise you try to dig and dig for a hostile reply with jabs like that one. ~Hypocrite

Either way what I said about other MMORPG’s and styles still holds. Sooner or later this nasty looking Charr will filter over. It isn’t a matter of if just when.

Rox, the Charr

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: CandiedFishSquidShrimp.2579

CandiedFishSquidShrimp.2579

She’s cute. I think she looks like Tardar Sauce, Grumpy cat.

Rox, the Charr

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Shelledfade.6435

Shelledfade.6435

Just did this mission, it was pretty ridiculous with the eyes and the baby char thing. Felt like I was playing hello kitty island for a second, which isn’t a good thing in my point of view.

Rox, the Charr

in Flame and Frost

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

But at least Rox isn’t Rytlock’s long-lost adult love child we (and everyone else) never knew about…