Flood Control? Seriously?

in Forum and Website Bugs

Posted by: Zelyhn.8069

Zelyhn.8069

@ Danicia

The fact of the matter you say? Ok, let’s state the facts.

1) Anet releases the Fractured patch. That patch is no where near what the players wanted in terms of design and its quality is very poor, to say the least.
2) Players give a lot of accurate and constructive feedback.
3) Anet ignores the feedback, fails to communicate, and mocks theplayerbase.
4) Anet’s customers (and often supporters) get frustrated.
5) I make a post slightly more provoking than my usual posts.
6) Moderators delete the post and give me three infractions for a reason that is nowhere to be found in the code of conduct.
7) I appeal against this decision.
8) You stop replying to my emails after giving me three fake reasons against my appeal.

Bonus fact: 9) New CDI, devs’ posts show that they never read the Fractured subforum so mods perfectly shielded the devs from both feedback and critics, and we were right to keep pushing for attention.

In light of these facts I am saying that it is subjective, and abusive, to give me one of the harshest sanctions possible for a reason that is not stated, even implicitely, in the code of conduct.

Now you bring up the spirit of the law? Well how about the spirit of my post? You see this is why we have laws. They are meant to avoid subjectivity and the abuses that come along.

Edit: mobile device.

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]
Retired elementalist theorycrafter

(edited by Zelyhn.8069)

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

Im finally off the 300 sec cool down, thank you Based Danicia

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

I’m not sure how ‘flood control’ discourages bad posting more than good posting.

If I’m posting multiple posts its because I’m interacting with multiple trains of thought. That’s generally positive for all involved and is certainly easier to read and understand.

If I’m on a rant, I only need a single post to gather up all my displeasure and let fly. Being blocked for a few hundred seconds is not going to cut down on hostile posting…

(Incidentally I had to wait to post THIS because I just checked in and updated a request for a 5 day old support issue with a bugged wintersday tonic recipe be reviewed… You have now gated your own customer service!)

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Posted by: Zelyhn.8069

Zelyhn.8069

Hey Danicia,

I can’t reply to people sending me PMs.

I think this makes no sense: I can post but not reply to friends or people in the ele community asking for advice?

I have been punished enough for something that is not in the code of conduct: 3 infraction points, temporary ban, 15-min flood control, and no PM.

By the way, privilege revocation has been retroactive and this is not fair.

Can we have at least a bit of fairness?

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]
Retired elementalist theorycrafter

Posted by: Cameron.2315

Cameron.2315

Well i get 3600 Seconds seems way to much that cant be right can it?

Posted by: Azraelle.1683

Azraelle.1683

So how long till i’ll be able to create topics and post more than one message per hour? A month? A year?

Thief/Guardian. Desolation [EU]

Posted by: mini.6018

mini.6018

I currently have 900 seconds as well as being unable to reply pms or create threads.This seems rather harsh for a 2 day ban offence(not discussing motivation or moderating just to clarify).But one month already passed and i am still in the same state.Will the rights ever be restored or what should i do in this situation if not.

Posted by: CC Danicia.1394

Previous

CC Danicia.1394

Community Coordinator

Next

As your active infraction points expire, you will start to regain more forum privileges. As example, if you currently have 900 second flood control, as your points start expiring, the flood control numbers will go down.

It’s the same with other forum privileges.

mini.6018

As your active infraction points expire, you will start to regain more forum privileges. As example, if you currently have 900 second flood control, as your points start expiring, the flood control numbers will go down.

Thank you for your answer Danicia and considering the information, how long does it take for the points to expire? Is there any released information about this ?In other words how long should i expect to remain in the same situation? Ban’s used to be upfront enough so we would know how much time we had left in comparison with the new system.

(edited by mini.6018)

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Thank you for your answer Danicia and considering the information, how long does it take for the points to expire? Is there any released information about this ?In other words how long should i expect to remain in the same spot as now.

Here is the information released about infractions: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/news/A-Message-About-the-Infraction-System/first#post503827

mini.6018

Thank you for your answer Danicia and considering the information, how long does it take for the points to expire? Is there any released information about this ?In other words how long should i expect to remain in the same spot as now.

Here is the information released about infractions: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/news/A-Message-About-the-Infraction-System/first#post503827

Thanks.So what i know vy now is that after 1 month i am still at the same number of infractions wich means none expired.Can we have a pole or anyone sharing some info about how much! time they had to wait or if anyone ever had any infration points expired? I am trying to make an ideea if this is going to take months or we are facing years over here.

Posted by: Rajani Isa.6294

Rajani Isa.6294

By the way, privilege revocation has been retroactive and this is not fair.

Can we have at least a bit of fairness?

The PM bit is to prevent people spamming others via PM.

And how have they retroactively removed posting privileges? They go back in time or something?

And were you not just stating that subjective rules were horrible (Note, lack of subjectiveness in the justice system has caused some of the greatest injustices of the justice system and only in part because it hasn’t kept up with the tech.) yet you’re here asking for fairness after inciting spam (and show me an example of spam without musubi that isn’t considered offensive) says to me you’re really asking for them to look at this and decided you’ve learned your lesson so would they use some of that subjectivity and remove your infractions.

Nike.2631

Could you possibly set the ‘Support’ forums to neither be limited by nor trigger flood control? Its excruciatingly annoying to have flood control block you from trying to get help with a support issue. Or to have dealing with a support issue cripple your ability to interact in the more general topics areas.

Previous

CC Danicia.1394

Community Coordinator

Next

Could you possibly set the ‘Support’ forums to neither be limited by nor trigger flood control? Its excruciatingly annoying to have flood control block you from trying to get help with a support issue. Or to have dealing with a support issue cripple your ability to interact in the more general topics areas.

Alas, our forum software does not allow for that. And the best place for Support assistance is the Support System.

Nike.2631

((shrug)) I’d suggest this thread is the best place for the issue it addresses rather than the Support System .

Just consider where flood control is concerned sometimes you guys resort to a mallet when maybe a… uh, a spatula?… no no, Salad Tongs would be a more appropriate tool .

(incidentally I had to wait/re-submit on this one too since I just made a joke somewhere else )

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

If you wish to discuss flood control, yes.

Wait, why did I just get infracted for discussing flood control related forum policies?

(edited by Wethospu.6437)

Previous

CC Danicia.1394

Community Coordinator

Next

Wait, why did I just get infracted for discussing flood control related forum policies?

No, you were infracted for discussing your infraction. If you wished to discuss flood control only, that’s fair as that is on-topic to the thread. Contesting your infraction is not appropriate.

Posted by: smiley.1438

smiley.1438

I don’t mind the risk of an infraction, but i’d like to share a quote on this topic from #gww:

We’ve added 10 years to your sentence for asking why you’re in jail.

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

No, you were infracted for discussing your infraction. If you wished to discuss flood control only, that’s fair as that is on-topic to the thread. Contesting your infraction is not appropriate.

Point was that long/annoying punishments become really annoying when you can get them really easily (one minor mistake). That example (getting 3600 seconds of floodcontrol with all kind of extra punishment because of one slightly offensive post) was there to just prove my point.

I guess I will get infracted again but how am I supposed to talk about my experiences if I can’t talk about them? And why other people are allowed to talk about their infractions on this topic?

(edited by Wethospu.6437)

Previous

CC Danicia.1394

Community Coordinator

This topic is for flood control. If you wish to discuss your infraction itself, you can submit an appeal to forums@arena.net