Afk Plague in the Pavillon

in Festival of the Four Winds

Posted by: Lue.6538

Lue.6538

I would rather they tagged and had the decency to go to the wp.

problem on pyro..is that they AREN’T helping….one guy had set his reflect to behind the group.. for 3 runs!
Thats not helping.. a reflect every 10 or 15 secs, with 0 dps….is not helping.

just using your autoattack on one single skill, is not helping.

His reflect still does more than him just standing there doing nothing, however in my book it is rather self-explanatory that if you already got contribution for the boss and you need to disappear for abit, you make sure you are far enough away as to not scale it up more than necessary.

However a reporting system for “slacking” is utterly absurd and definitly not a solution.
Playing the pavillion content and going AFK is vastly different from playing a sPVP tournament and afking your way through that.

(as to why i replied twice.. using phones… and editing has the tendency to mess posts up.)

Fair enough, it nearly caused me to miss the second reply but fair enough.

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Playing the pavillion content and going AFK is vastly different from playing a sPVP tournament and afking your way through that.

How? In each you’re taking up a slot and wasting people’s time.

I guess it’s different in that it’s 1/5 vs 1/75 but still, it’s the same thing. And, in PVP you aren’t scaling up the opponents

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

it’s called open world for a reason. If I want to take a kitten when I’m wondering in the open world, that’s non of anyone’s business.

I dont’ know what Anet is doing with this open world event they are doing, with all the scaling, guesting etc.

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

They’re trying to make fun, engaging, and interesting content, something that most of the content is lacking in this game. But you’re right, having it in the open world where the “i only care about myself” attitude is the norm is probably a bad idea.

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

The biggest fail about this whole design, is that there’s no way to recover from a bronze reward. The bronze reward is terrible, I think we can all agree on that. So suppose you’ve killed one boss, and you’re up for a bronze reward…. who would want to finish that Boss Blitz? No one. But there’s still 5 bosses left to kill, which takes hours without an organized group, and you get a terrible reward for all that effort. They should have just left in individual rewards for each boss. Because right now, the Boss Blitz discourages players from completing it.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Do afkers even get a reward even if they don’t participate at all?

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

You do realize that the auto attack was added for that very reason right? So you don’t have to spam the attack button, and just activate it once. If it is going on for 30-45 mins on the same enemy, then the enemy is just way too strong. No boss fight should ever last beyond 30 minutes.

Auto attacking is not in the game so that you can turn it on and then leave. Auto attacking is just meant to use your cheapest ability as often as possible when you aren’t using your other attacks, but in any given fight, you are expected to do more than just auto. Some weapons offer better than average autos that you might be using a lot, but no class is better off just auto attacking than mixing in other skills.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

Posted by: pessimist.7294

pessimist.7294

If they are standing in the area where the boss spawns then yes. They also upscale the boss. Sometimes you will even getting the reward if you are standing on the gauntlet ring over a boss area.

Posted by: kanarek.8025

kanarek.8025

I want live in the world where we as a guild can create our own instance of every map and invite only who we really want play with.. Because we need some basic rules! And the rest? Let them play together on beautiful megaserver and they will have to learn how not to be an kitten..:) We are doing very fast runs in pavilion and It’s not so easy as it seems.. But afk’s who autoatack and never donate get same reward as we who play on 110% with all that food.. Of course I don’t know anybody who get some good loot as a precursor or 15+g exotic.. Maybe these afkers did.. Maybe arenanet think that they will spend more money on gems, but that never happen because afkers don’t play this game! They just press 1 and open bags! But we want play this game with this excelent game design mechanics and ideas..

I love this game so much, but how is it possible that someone who has done 0.0005% of what others, receive the same reward.. Remove pyro and give us second wiggin or BBB or shurakk.. Make invisible rule that say, that everybody who want get reward has to do at least 20APM in event time.. It’s less stupid rule than that, where everybody who donate every round will get only 30 karma!

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

No.

(Nature calls, eh?)

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

(Nature calls, eh?)

hmm?

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

hmm?

Explaining why I know. I idled in the center and by the time I returned the run was done.

Posted by: Pandaman.4758

Pandaman.4758

Being simply AFK in the Boss Blitz does not give you credit, you actually have to tag the boss in order to get credit.

That being said, there are a few AFKers who are very obviously botting; they run a simple script that alternates between switching targets and autoattacking, so you’ll see them stand in the same safe spot for hours and tagging anything that comes within range (even when there’s no Boss Blitz going on).