[Feedback Thread] New Crown Pavilion First Impression [merged]

in Festival of the Four Winds

Posted by: Traveller.7496

Traveller.7496

Yeah, I agree that it’s a highly underwhelming event compared to last year’s. An event you have to pay money to enter, spend a lot of time mowing through mobs and bosses and get maybe a few champ boxes in the end. What’s amazing that even on patch night it seemed already pretty empty. I wonder if I’m even gonna bother with my “kill 50 mobs” achievements.

Posted by: Orswich.6423

Orswich.6423

I am hoping its a bug, but the fact the mobs don’t give any xp tells me this was intended.
the reasons people play MMO’s is usually 2 things.. rewards and challenge

1. they just took a hatchet to rewards in this event (I don’t care about champ train, that was lame as hell), and the more and more players don’t feel rewarded for their time, the less excited they will be to play.. I can run AC paths 1 and 3 in 45 minutes and come out with an easy 3 gold plus whatever drops I get… or run this event and maybe if the gods of RNG smile upon thee I might get a 2-3 gold exotic (1 in 1000 odds)

2. challenge.. people love a challenge (as do I with daily lvl 49 fractal runs) but they also like to do challenges with competent people of their choosing (even pugs at 49 know their stuff) but when you do raid style content with 150 pugs and you have no way of picking who your doing that content with, then its just double facepalm.. we all know how its supposed to work, split into groups of 15-20 and take down all bosses at same time , but when have you seen a whole map of people co-ordinate at that level (especially with megaservers, at least before we could isolate an overflow and ferry people in before). while most of us don’t mind explaining the event and how it works, all the “press 1 to win” crowd will always go to the easiest boss and form a blob and ruin it……

while I get what they were going for here, it really doesn’t work in our current setup, with no way to pick a server to go on so you can organize a group, you cant get the good rewards… basically everyone loses

I support good rewards for hard content, but with no raid ability it wont work

Orswich/Schwabenghast [ING/Ankh] Dragonbrand commander
and sometimes even a decent human being

Posted by: Orswich.6423

Orswich.6423

Personally, I say no drops is better than the economic disaster caused by last year’s Crown Pavilion. The lack of experience gain, however, I do have a problem with.

yeah was a real shame things became affordable for the rest of the players and didn’t favor the TP flippers.. a real shame

Orswich/Schwabenghast [ING/Ankh] Dragonbrand commander
and sometimes even a decent human being

Posted by: Valor Singus.7049

Valor Singus.7049

Boss Blitz is a very weird event, I do wonder how it came about.

Rest of the update is great though.

Because people have been begging them to stop zerg-style events, so they’re trying to create events that people can’t beat by zerging. This means making bosses that get tougher in the face of large crowds so that people simply don’t try to take them down by sheer weight, and by tying rewards to group achievement rather than the individual so that people just stop grouping up to tag everything in site.

So the initial entry crush saw the same bosses from last time, and immediately tried to zerg them. At which point the ball of players bounced off unexpected boss traits that weren’t there before, ignored the helpful timer telling them their loot was going away, and started trying to hack things down for loot. When things failed to pay out in time, it became time to complain instead. Unfortunately, what its mostly coming down to at this point is, “We didn’t get paid enough for failing new content we don’t yet understand properly.”

I give it a day, no more than two, when the usual in-game leaders get their heads around the mechanics, at which point instead of one huge ball trying to run in a circle you’ll start getting six smaller groups camping the bosses while farming the vet spawns to keep them down. If the loot scales even vertically from bronze, a gold level achievement would be 6 champ boxes + tokens + spare loot for less than seven and half minutes worth of work. Considering it takes only a minute or two to refill the donation box, people will get back to farming it in almost no time at all.

Posted by: KarateKid.5648

KarateKid.5648

Posted by: Windy.3158

Windy.3158

I’ve read that and yes its partially true. But you can’t babysit PUGS that will add to the difficulty of killing a boss. That’s the whole flawed mechanic of megaserver’s which many people have complained about regarding Teq and Triple Trouble.

Posted by: GlowSticks.9734

GlowSticks.9734

Well make sure to complete the LS achievements in the next few days before it’s empty.

Vouch

Worst patch ever. Completely pointless. Only for achievements.

Posted by: General Belisarius.2548

General Belisarius.2548

They will change it im sure and blame it on a bug but dcome on theres no way this was overlooked, or not intended. they really think we want this kind of content. kitten your festivals to hell anet we want to fight the dragons, and dothings that matters. what ridiculous world would celebrate with so many stupid festivals instead of saving the world. i am so close to giving up on hoping anet figures it out because its been over a year and im at my wits end. if there is another festival im done!!!!!

Posted by: GlowSticks.9734

GlowSticks.9734

The only thing i looked forward to in this “new” (reused) patch was the Farm place, But we did it again…. Nothing(literately NOTHING!) drops loot, the only loot that drops is tickets, or tokens, (very few of em) And its all wrapped in a “event” and the end reward of 30+min work is: Hold on to your seats!!!! 2Champ bags and a green item….

Just wow… You even need to PAY gold/Silver to get the event to start….

Seriously What in the ****… At least make it worth while…?

I really needed some gold, Back to my old ways it is, Time to abandon the patch and play as i always did, Zerg farm EotM…

GG-WP

Very disappointing, Never really had much problems with patches b4 , but this… I… I’m … I don’t even know…

I understand its to keep stuff balanced (Cough T6 mats last year*Cough*) But NOTHING at all?!

Vouch this 100%.
Also heading to EOTM as well. ^^

Don’t let this post die! Remake if removed!

You don’t have to pay to start boss blitz. You pay to hasten it’s starting.

This is true, but not everyone has all the time in the world to play. Who the hell wants to wait?

General Belisarius.2548

….gg anet i will skip this LS and if you do another fesitval before we get a dragon im kitten done. this is ridiculous! you know what we want and this isnt it!

Posted by: Lothirieth.3408

Lothirieth.3408

I’ve no problem removing the actual farm from the pavillion. But, and this is a big but, they should have rewarded the Blitz event properly. The “rewards” right now are really pathetic for the time that is invested.

I get that the best way to do this is to split everyone up at each boss, but seriously.. has ANet not realised yet how difficult it is to coordinate a large blob of strangers? This was sorta possible at the marionette because there was plenty of downtime before, but with this new event, there’s not a lot of pre warning.

I appreciate the revamped bosses. They’re a lot more fun, anti-zerg, anti-melee and the mechanics of kill order is interesting as well regarding how they changed the bosses. But you gotta give people a reason to come back. Without the related achievements, the pavillion would be empty. And it’s going to be empty soon once people are finished with said achievements if the rewards stay the same.

I don’t know why rewards seem to be such a difficult thing for ANet. I guess this is down to John Smith and his precious economy. :/

General Belisarius.2548

wont even try it. who do they think they are giving no loot for time spent. its offensive.

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

Lol Anet. Lol.

/15 char

Posted by: Etien.4601

Etien.4601

If it’s not a bug omg hahha you even have to pay gold to start the event. ROOOOFL

Drop Acid Not Bombs (Richie Hawtin)

Posted by: Victory.2879

Victory.2879

Went in with a lvl 60 toon. Instant downed by boss mechanics- typical lazy programming. Some you just can’t see due to all the effects firing off. Oh look a circle (dodge). Grab your heavy armor toon…

No exp from mobs, and no drops- so no point in killing them.

45 minutes to kill 6 bosses for a pile of kitten at the end. Will people organise and bother to trigger event and form 6 parties and hope they can co ordinate on a mega server where people don’t even speak the same language? Not very likely.

Get in fast if you want the achievements, people will do it once and leave.

Used to be a good place for some fun, drops and decent place to level toons. Now it’s a quick ach point grab and off to do something a bit more fun.

Victory, Beings Lost On Borderlands (BLOB), SFR & Gandara (inactive)

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

Even last years “farm fest” was dead at the end of a week on most servers, how does ANet think this will turn out any better? Until they move away from this no reward for TONS of effort I will choose to play in Orr for my t6 mats and in EotM for my leveling and karma (until they are nerfed that is). But for now I am just logged out, as I can see no reason to bother currently.

Oh and if the plan was to make players split up into mini zergs you have failed here too, making the mindless masses conform will never work as you should have seen in the marionette. Most players will just go elsewhere.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Last time it actually died after two weeks because of the invasion update and the pain to get access back.

Posted by: Katai.6240

Katai.6240

Look at all that time spent for a handful of greens….

First event in forever, and everything about it is boring as hell.

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

So I just tried the new Pavillion, and Anet – you really messed up with this event.

The lack of people showing up to do the pavillion just shows the reception of it.

No loot for any effort whatsoever is going to kill any type of activity you do.

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

What a disaster. I’m becoming more frustrated every day with this game and how it is managed. Now I keep wondering what the “f” they were thinking. For a long time most of you would have labeled me a “white knight”. LOL

The Burninator

Posted by: Avascar.9237

Avascar.9237

….gg anet i will skip this LS and if you do another fesitval before we get a dragon im kitten done. this is ridiculous! you know what we want and this isnt it!

Er… We got a dragon at LS, why are we still wanting a dragon? I think it’s just specifically you that needs to be satisfied before any patches come in.

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

I swear, the most common complaint I must hear from the GW2 community is “I’m mad that ArenaNet removed this stupidly exploitative farming method”. Why do people keep expecting them to stay?

Huge difference between “fix exploitative farming method” and “absolutely no drops whatsoever.” As the developer, it’s their job to create enjoyable and rewarding content.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Posted by: Gilgamesh.1025

Gilgamesh.1025

I was only able to do 3 rounds before it was empty. Good thing, I got all the boss achievements done. I hope more people will do them on weekend before it is a ghost-town. I still have a few more 1pt achievements need to be done…lol

(edited by Gilgamesh.1025)

Posted by: OmniPotentes.4817

OmniPotentes.4817

They are to busy milking China for them to give a kitten about us.

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

Yeah, I spent about forty minutes on the boss blitz before it stalled out, and only got six tokens for my time spent there. Whee. I have no intention of going back.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

Posted by: Lillith.5724

Lillith.5724

Spent about an hour dodging, rolling out of circles and throwing bird seed for absolutely no loot.
Definitely won’t be going back in there, severely disappointed It was a blast last year when it first came out, then they had to go and change it.
I’m pretty sure it will be empty by the end of the week.
Waste of time.

Lillith Flame – Norn Ranger
Guild Leader: Spank Reunited
Yak’s Bend Server

Posted by: sukilih.6913

sukilih.6913

This is an out right joke. One of the worst (if not worst) LS ever by anet…

Ron burgundy
TC- milk was a bad choice

Posted by: Gabe.3976

Gabe.3976

I don’t think that the event is as bad as people think it is. It could be awesome with some coordination. However, from what I’ve read on Reddit, the rewards for gold aren’t all that much better than the rewards for bronze. I’m all for trying something with challenging coordination, but I want some kind of meaningful reward. If Reddit is correct, and gold is four champ bags, a green and a yellow (plus scraps, etc), then it’s really about the same as playing EOTM for five minutes.

Even giving us guaranteed progress towards Sovereign skins would be something.

Posted by: eleutheria.5396

eleutheria.5396

To those saying, ‘It will get better once people split up’ … My megaserver was zerging. You know how many people were in it? Thirty. Across six bosses, that’s five players per boss. Do you REALLY think that’s how its meant to work? How the hell do I get into a megaserver with more people than that? Relog constantly?

Megaservers don’t fill unless you force it. Once you hit around fifty people (I don’t know the exact number, but from prior experience, this appears to be the case), a new one is created. That makes filling the map impossible unless you have a guild filling it and taxi-ing everyone else in. This event is completely designed for a full map, but with a random group of strangers, you will never get one.

So in one move, Anet redid the Jubilee to: a, make it near impossible to get the ‘top tier’ of loot, and b, make loot almost non-existent regardless. I expected a nerf. I didn’t expect the event to be made worthless, both from a gameplay perspective (it takes forever to kill a boss with so few people – that’s grinding, not fun) and from a reward perspective (no loot, no xp from mobs).

Posted by: Endo Kazuki.2086

Endo Kazuki.2086

Can’t play the new stuff until tomorrow. I was really really really excited about this patch because I missed it last year and I read everyone’s post on how great it was last year.

But this thread truly made me disappointed, no loot from mobs?? I want that farm place from last year you guys talked about T.T. I was so excited…..

Posted by: Noxicon.4956

Noxicon.4956

A year and a half in and Anet still can’t figure out how to properly reward players. I mean seriously, this is absolutely ridiculous.

You took an event that was fun for pretty much everyone and took a massive dump on it. GG.

Posted by: Chajava.3751

Chajava.3751

Did they bother testing the boss blitz at all? Or did they just pull some random mechanics out of their kitten and assign random numbers to them?

The timer isn’t even REMOTELY possible. I think it took us close to 40 minutes to complete. 40 minutes for an absolutely worthless reward.

Such an incredibly frustrating waste of time.

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

Just finished it, not worth it, they’ve destroyed another place to have some fun. When are the Anet devs going to wake up and understand that it’s “ok” to give decent rewards. They took out all the chest, have to kill the 6 bosses before getting 1 chest, which gave me 3 greens, gg not going back in there.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

Posted by: Cesare.4156

Cesare.4156

Agreed with most all of the above. Seriously Anet? After game issues (your game! NOT my computer) and this? I understand that its optional not to do things… but at the same time you WANT to do SOMETHING. You release great new content that no one has the patience to participate in because there’s no REWARD for the amount of effort!

After the first two “bosses” I figured I’d just finish it for the achievement. That is getting ridiculous as well and not worth the time.

Are you intentionally going the way of other MMO developers and just going to punish players? I’ve left several MMO’s because of the year(s) long grind to get things. I want to play a game, not make a life of it.

Posted by: Blackarps.1974

Blackarps.1974

Why wouldn’t they just make it like last time? We LOVED that. If this is the kind of “hard” content we can start expecting in PvE from Anet, I’ll just stick to maxing out my magic find and playing WvW only…that’s all I do now anyways.

Maguuma Guardian

Posted by: Hanzlo.3148

Hanzlo.3148

If they wanted to teach people how to work together and achieve something with it , they should have given out a better, much much better reward for it.

Who is going to play this bullkitten? Everyone left pavilion after an hour, you cant even get tokens anymore because no one is left to do events. 2-4 champ bags and greens for 6 legendary monster, wtf is going on, every patch is bigger disappointment then last one. Thousands of players come back in GW2 to see if anything is changed to better after patch and what they find is that situation just got a whole lot worse then it was few weeks/months ago. ANET is trroling hard again or there is massive reward fix coming over night (nope)

Once more into the fray. Into the last good fight I’ll ever know.
Live and die on this day.Live and die on this day.
Gunnar’s Hold – [ACID]

Posted by: jagabs.5086

jagabs.5086

After spending several minutes killing bosses and veteran mobs inside the Crown Pavilion, it’s more like a punishment rather than rewarding.

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

my guess is, reward design is too heavily biased towards the economy. I perfectly understand they dont want to mess with the economy, but if thats the case, they will need to come up with some new reward structures that dont effect teh economy. People want to make progress towards their goals, and get something for what they do.

its ok, to make it have no drops, but then what you get for completing it at a high level has to be extremely good.

They took out EXP loot drops, and single event rewards, the payoff to balance it has to be huge.
So what is the max payoff?

also, i suggest for the megaserver system they create a new grouping tool, expiditions.
Essentially what an expedition would be, is a grouping tool that gives an entire group the same weight in megaserver, IE if you have 50 people who join the expedition, then when looking for a server it looks for one with 50 slots, if 100, then 100. this would help guilds, and server communities.

Posted by: Mckeone.9804

Mckeone.9804

Thumbs down on QP. Takes too long, giant hp sacks aren’t fun, loot is practically non-existent. Farming cheevos and never coming back.

Posted by: dkspins.4670

dkspins.4670

Better to do the Meta world bosses every 15 minutes, and Plinx once in CS for that loot. Still have a couple of stacks of Gauntlet tickets from last year, and have no interest in a Panda mini nor a Dolyak tonic. Meh. Was hoping that the various emissaries would be there (sigil/rune recipes) that I missed out last time. Well, back to the grind…

7k hr, 13k AP, 16 char, all classes 80 Sadly, 3.5k hr. Ranger

Posted by: Etien.4601

Etien.4601

Now instead of playing the new conteby I’m praying for this to be a bug. Let’s see what happens tomorrow.

Drop Acid Not Bombs (Richie Hawtin)

Posted by: RottenRagamuffin.3159

RottenRagamuffin.3159

An hour in the pavilion, no reward for my effort besides 3 greens. Head over to the only-slightly-made over Labyrinthine Cliffs to find it’s pretty much the same as last year, and all the “rewards” on offer are skins I already have… oh wait—- there’s a new mini and another useless tonic. Ugh.

As for the new Phoenix skins- yep, you guessed it, subject to RNG once more. Anet, please STOP this RNG garbage!

The ONLY thing that is an improvement is the relocation of services to Lion’s Arch.

I was so looking forward to this patch, but as it is, beyond getting the achievements, there’s no reason at all to participate.

Undoubtedly, the most disappointing patch to date, and it had such potential. FIVE thumbs down for this one.

(SBI)

Posted by: Nihilus.3015

Nihilus.3015

Worst event any game has put out in the history of gaming

AmateurNet

Posted by: KarateKid.5648

KarateKid.5648

An hour in the pavilion, no reward for my effort besides 3 greens. Head over to the only-slightly-made over Labyrinthine Cliffs to find it’s pretty much the same as last year, and all the “rewards” on offer are skins I already have… oh wait—- there’s a new mini and another useless tonic. Ugh.

As for the new Phoenix skins- yep, you guessed it, subject to RNG once more. Anet, please STOP this RNG garbage!

The ONLY thing that is an improvement is the relocation of services to Lion’s Arch.

I was so looking forward to this patch, but as it is, beyond getting the achievements, there’s no reason at all to participate.

Undoubtedly, the most disappointing patch to date, and it had such potential. FIVE thumbs down for this one.

And the locations of some services within LA are inconvenient – bank and mystic forge are relatively close, but the guild bank is a loading screen or a really long walk away. Is there a new Guild Banker Express coming to the Gem Store?

Posted by: Vlad Morbius.1759

Vlad Morbius.1759

A couple more steps like this and there will be zero point to completing any content whatsoever. The value for rewards in this game is so skewed it isn’t funny, well actually it is it reminds me of the Simpson episode when he works all week long only to be given a quarter to go buy moonpies and pennywhistles!

Vini, Vidi, Vici, Viridis…I came, I saw, I conquered…I got a green??

Posted by: Aegis.9724

Aegis.9724

better get those ’chieves in a few days, before the place becomes a wasteland .

in about 40-50 mins all i got were 3 greens , which didnt even pay for the waypoint costs… On the plus side, map chat was VERY amusing, totally worth my time.

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

The complete lack of loot and experience is ridiculous and makes the whole thing largely pointless. Why should anyone waste their time here? I mean doing almost anything else is a better use of your time.

If you were looking for a way to remove zerging you finally got there!

Posted by: chronometria.3708

chronometria.3708

I am pretty upset at how the queens gauntlet event has been gutted. Why are we now at the point where getting any sort of reward is seen as unacceptable in the game design? There are no tier materials, despite the fact that we are crying out for them to be lowered in price. There are no drops of any kind except for an occasional token (I got one of these tokens off a mob during a boss blitz and we were killing them constantly in the crossfire).

Then we get the actual rewards. This event either requires a huge time investment or a tactical investment beyond that of tequatl to split the players across the bosses. That is once people have paid to trigger the event, which is abhorrent in itself. The rewards you could eventually get are just terrible beyond belief.

Why are we even doing these events. What actually is the point, because progression, fun and challenge have all been cast aside. This event is more akin to a punishment than a fun, rewarding and productive activity. I do not understand how the design intention can go this wrong unless we as players are being actively discouraged from play and that makes no sense.

Posted by: Cesare.4156

Cesare.4156

“There are no tier materials, despite the fact that we are crying out for them to be lowered in price.”

Actually Anet is raising the prices of lower tiers pretty effectively by letting people dump them for tokens during the event. That new set of Ascended armor will probably cost 3x what it did before this. Thats unless you spend the long time to gather it yourself.

Posted by: FrostyBou.5491

FrostyBou.5491

I would prefer to have the old pavilion back. The vocal members of the community that are extremely anti-zerg or anti-farm seem to have gotten their way on this event.

I for one was looking forward to the return of the pavilion, however unless the rewards improve from what I’ve seen posted, I’d be hard pressed to spend any more time in the pavilion than is necessary to accomplish the meta.