[Feedback Thread] New Crown Pavilion First Impression [merged]

in Festival of the Four Winds

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

The one thing that makes doing the achievement worth the terrible mechanics.

Attachments:

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

Posted by: hedix.1986

hedix.1986

Loot is what made the event fun last time. Generally, people don’t like the mindless zerg, but last year it really paid off and it was fun to get some rewards for once. Now however, as there are no rewards, I don’t really see the reason to play.
People will play content with bad loot if it is fun, see WvW and Wurm. But this sadly isn’t such content.
Labyrinthine looks beautiful, but that’s about it for this patch.

I hope that Pavillion is bugged (only logical explanation), otherwise this would mean that Anet outlamed themselves.

[QQ] – ex RoS, current Piken Square
[DV] – megaboss community

Posted by: Flash.6912

Flash.6912

how do you have the mini panda already??

R.I.P Kumu <3

Leo Paul.1659

I rushed all the achievements XD

Posted by: crazy.9083

crazy.9083

You are kidding me right?? I couldn’t play yesterday but was so looking forward to this. WHY would they take away the fun??

Posted by: Static.9841

Static.9841

The achievements are very quick to get, I played for a few hours after path hit and logged off with 11/14 done, some people had already done it all within the time I was playing.

You are kidding me right?? I couldn’t play yesterday but was so looking forward to this. WHY would they take away the fun??

I asked myself the same question as I was playing it, but they did, it’s not remotely fun at all.

Does anyone know if you can get favors as drops in game or do we just get one from the meta achievement?

[Zeus] Guild ~ Desolation. Not some silly muffin thing, stop stalking me Dhiania!

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

I had already last year a hard time bring myself to do the achievements even with loot, but now i think i will totally ignore it. Did 2 bosses and was already annoyed to hell.

I’m only happy that i haven’t sold all my T6 mats

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Static.9841

I’m only happy that i haven’t sold all my T6 mats

Yeah me too, I was thinking it over but wasn’t sure how much they would change this time around, decided not to risk it and it looks like that paid off… sadly.

[Zeus] Guild ~ Desolation. Not some silly muffin thing, stop stalking me Dhiania!

Posted by: Muusic.2967

Muusic.2967

This is definitely not a vocal minority speaking up here, over 2 hours to do bronze last night because of all the dead uplevels that wouldn’t revive upscaling it and not 1 drop from any of the bosses.

This event is a ghost town now, you can even get better loot from the queensdale train.

Be who you are and say what you feel for those who mind dont matter and those who matter dont mind
~Dr. Seuss

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

I just entered the Pavilion today and its empty, no one there at all, maybe 1 or 2 up top doing the solo battles and that’s it, this update was a complete failure, but there is no point in going on about it, a dev will not acknowledge this topic nor reply/fix the new no loot system,

I guess this is a clear indicator on what living story season 2 will be, zerg fest, no loot, no exp, no reward, wonder how long it will take the Chinese to work this out and all but leave the game also.

Poor show anet, poor show.

Posted by: Trinity.8340

Trinity.8340

To reduce the farm is not a bad thing, but to remove it completely is not one also. The pavillon will be deserted at the end of a few days, the rewards, the time spent killing them is completely null. As much to go to make a keep, at least there you gain almost 2g in maximum 10mn.

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

To be honest, if everyone would just organised themselves, use optimised builds and go in full Zerker gear instead of cleric or another completely useless stat setup, we could probably score gold every time and then the rewards might be worthwhile.

Static.9841

To be honest, if everyone would just organised themselves, use optimised builds and go in full Zerker gear instead of cleric or another completely useless stat setup, we could probably score gold every time and then the rewards might be worthwhile.

They aren’t, you just get a few extra champ bags. It’s not even remotely worth the time.

Posted by: Devik.9852

Devik.9852

As others have stated, the new Crown Pavilion is a joke. Why would people play hours on end when there’s little reward?

I can get a lot more gold with wvw or even low level dungeons than I can with this.

Last year was fun because of the loot – even when they nerfed it because at least it was barely worth playing.

Even the tokens seem to be a lot less than Four Winds events!

Anet has to have a strong idea of the outcome when they design these events – they’ve been in business for nearly a decade now yet they still manage to really mess things up.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I haven’t read the whole topic so I apologise if this has already been pointed out but you do get loot for the Boss Blitz, you just get it in one go from a pop-up chest at the end of the event, not from each individal boss.

The reward seems to be the same no matter how many bosses you personally fought and if you get gold reward it’s more than 1 bag per champion.

I don’t know how other maps have been handling it but mine (Desolation/EU Megaserver) managed to get gold reward at least once last night by splitting into 6 groups (with 6 commanders). Each group fought 1 boss then waited in the middle so they didn’t scale up the others and they went down very quickly.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Xae Isareth.1364

^ the problem is that you have absolutely no control over the mass of players who don’t listen, who uses builds that just feels cool, who wears useless stats, who just brushes off everything the commander tells then with ’I’m playing the way I want’ or ‘you can’t order me around’.

There’s a reason why even Blizzard can’t pull off open world raids. A raid, even easy as this, needs some degree if organisation and optimisation, and you can’t get that here.

What they should have done was leave the pavilion like it was last year, but added this blitz as an instanced guild mission.

It may sound harsh, but if you aren’t in Zerker, if you aren’t running an optimised build, if you don’t want to follow orders, then please don’t join the boss blitz, it’s really not an event for you.

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

Went in with a lvl 60 toon. Instant downed by boss mechanics- typical lazy programming. Some you just can’t see due to all the effects firing off. Oh look a circle (dodge). Grab your heavy armor toon…

No exp from mobs, and no drops- so no point in killing them.

You certainly don’t need a heavy toon for this event. I saw a lot of people just standing in aoe all the time, and that’s problem for a lot of players, their own laziness.

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

Xae Isareth.1364

Went in with a lvl 60 toon. Instant downed by boss mechanics- typical lazy programming. Some you just can’t see due to all the effects firing off. Oh look a circle (dodge). Grab your heavy armor toon…

No exp from mobs, and no drops- so no point in killing them.

You certainly don’t need a heavy toon for this event. I saw a lot of people just standing in aoe all the time, and that’s problem for a lot of players, their own laziness.

The only 1HKO skill that I know of is the lava on the flame legion zone. If you got hit by that, then you’re really trying to get yourself killed.

Posted by: Freeelancer.2860

Freeelancer.2860

The reward seems to be the same no matter how many bosses you personally fought and if you get gold reward it’s more than 1 bag per champion.

I don’t know how other maps have been handling it but mine (Desolation/EU Megaserver) managed to get gold reward at least once last night by splitting into 6 groups (with 6 commanders). Each group fought 1 boss then waited in the middle so they didn’t scale up the others and they went down very quickly.

Do you remember what were the exact rewards from Gold chest ? And how long did the round last ?

I’ve tried organizing (with several other people) a map I was on, but even after three tries and a massive improvement in performance, we still failed to get even silver participation..
I’m assuming that after all of the “this is bullkitten I can’t zerg/1111” people are gone it’ll be much easier to organize a proper round, but I’d like to know if it’s worth the trouble.

(edited by Freeelancer.2860)

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

^ the problem is that you have absolutely no control over the mass of players who don’t listen, who uses builds that just feels cool, who wears useless stats, who just brushes off everything the commander tells then with ’I’m playing the way I want’ or ‘you can’t order me around’.

There’s a reason why even Blizzard can’t pull off open world raids. A raid, even easy as this, needs some degree if organisation and optimisation, and you can’t get that here.

What they should have done was leave the pavilion like it was last year, but added this blitz as an instanced guild mission.

It may sound harsh, but if you aren’t in Zerker, if you aren’t running an optimised build, if you don’t want to follow orders, then please don’t join the boss blitz, it’s really not an event for you.

But the same is true of a lot of things in this game. WvW for a start. Sure you can solo a camp and if it’s undefended a small uncoordinated group can take a tower, but for anything more than that you need coordination and sensible builds. But people still manage to play WvW and succeed. Same with events like the Marionette, and Tequatl and the Triple Wurm need even more organisation, but people are able to do it.

Personally I suspect the issue isn’t that people can’t get organised but that they haven’t yet realised they need to. Anet didn’t advertise the fact that the Pavillion had changed from last year so people went in expecting a mindless zerg farm and got confused or angry when they didn’t get it.

Given time and a few people with a bit of common sense it’s really not that hard to figure out.

Do you remember what were the exact rewards from Gold chest ? And how long did the round last ?

I’ve tried organizing (with several other people) a map I was on, but even after three tries and a massive improvement in performance, we still failed to get even silver participation..
I’m assuming that after all of the “this is bullkitten I can’t zerg/1111” people are gone it’ll be much easier to organize a proper round, but I’d like to know if it’s worth the trouble.

I wasn’t actually playing at the time, I’d surrendered the PC to my husband and was watching over his shoulder but I think it was 8 or 9 champion bags, plus gold and karma for the event reward.

All the bosses went down pretty much together, so it didn’t take long. About the same as for a small group to do one boss.

I could be wrong but I think part of the problem with trying to fight them as one big zerg is that they scale up really weirdly, so it’s actually slower with more people. But I have no idea what the ideal numbers would be.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: bri.2359

bri.2359

This event seems like something TxS should try.
After killing Wurm 80+ times, doing events with crappy loot are our specialty … ;p

Lvl 80’s: Ranger; Guardian; Mesmer; Necromancer; Thief
Gandara Megaserver

Posted by: KarateKid.5648

KarateKid.5648

But the same is true of a lot of things in this game. WvW for a start. Sure you can solo a camp and if it’s undefended a small uncoordinated group can take a tower, but for anything more than that you need coordination and sensible builds. But people still manage to play WvW and succeed. Same with events like the Marionette, and Tequatl and the Triple Wurm need even more organisation, but people are able to do it.

Personally I suspect the issue isn’t that people can’t get organised but that they haven’t yet realised they need to. Anet didn’t advertise the fact that the Pavillion had changed from last year so people went in expecting a mindless zerg farm and got confused or angry when they didn’t get it.

Given time and a few people with a bit of common sense it’s really not that hard to figure out.

I wasn’t actually playing at the time, I’d surrendered the PC to my husband and was watching over his shoulder but I think it was 8 or 9 champion bags, plus gold and karma for the event reward.

All the bosses went down pretty much together, so it didn’t take long. About the same as for a small group to do one boss.

I could be wrong but I think part of the problem with trying to fight them as one big zerg is that they scale up really weirdly, so it’s actually slower with more people. But I have no idea what the ideal numbers would be.

I did ONE run of this last night and 2 of the 6 bosses went down simultaneously in ~5 or 6 minutes. The rest took much more than that EACH and were done in series.

I have no doubt 6 groups of 6-ish could complete this in “gold” time. I still don’t see the incentive for running it after one has his achievements – even with Gold rewards of a handfulla greens and some bloody bloodstone dusts.

Posted by: Freeelancer.2860

Freeelancer.2860

Thank you for your reply.

EDIT: And yes, I agree that scaling seems a bit weird in the same way you described.

I did ONE run of this last night and 2 of the 6 bosses went down simultaneously in ~5 or 6 minutes. The rest took much more than that EACH and were done in series.

I have no doubt 6 groups of 6-ish could complete this in “gold” time. I still don’t see the incentive for running it after one has his achievements – even with Gold rewards of a handfulla greens and some bloody bloodstone dusts.

I strongly disagree. A champion bag per minute is more then you’d get from playing even the best, most organized, pre-nerfed champion trains, and on top of that gold/karma rewards.. with all of that, this event would be even more farmable then the old pavilion.
And I’m guessing that once the bads/whiners leave and people start getting gold rewards reliably they will be nerfed. That is, if rewards aren’t already diminishing..

(edited by Freeelancer.2860)

Posted by: Vlad Morbius.1759

Vlad Morbius.1759

I strongly disagree. A champion bag per minute is more then you’d get from playing even the best, most organized, pre-nerfed champion trains, and on top of that gold/karma rewards.. with all of that, this event would be even more farmable then the old pavilion.
And I’m guessing that once the bads/whiners leave and people start getting gold rewards reliably they will be nerfed. That is, if rewards aren’t already diminishing..

How is it possible to get that when you’re forced into the mega server mentality where organization is a near impossibility? Like I’ve already stated in another thread this content design change is practically impossible due to mega server and although in theory it is a smart design for guild content, as open world when fed to the masses who have done virtually nothing but zerg content over the last 18 months it is senseless.
This lackluster content is exactly what has begun to plague this game and I for one long for the original creativeness that was GW2 at launch to return, but I think most of that has been pistol whipped into submission by monetization.

Vini, Vidi, Vici, Viridis…I came, I saw, I conquered…I got a green??

Posted by: Kamui.3150

Kamui.3150

Except that in order to get that one bag per minute, you’d have to do your best Fry impersonation during your interaction with Heal-o-Tron to keep the event running. SOMEONE’S got to give up that gold.

Posted by: grayskull.2367

grayskull.2367

The problem here is simply people have gotten lazy and dare i say it stupid to the mechanics of this game so they can’t adept anymore.

I ONLY NO HOW TO SMASH HEAD AGENTS WALL WHY IT NO WORK NO MORE QQ!

I guess people have not been paying attention to the recent updates Anet has been pushing out like the nerf to zergs over all DPS all the recent living story events need the map to split up into groups and coordinate with each other to win or even just to get loot like wurm, clockwork champs, manikin, ect ect. Do you not see a pattern here?

Learning to adapt is the nature of an online mmorpg but sadly, that has been forgotten by the masses and need to be remember again. Until people learn to change up there play style they will go without or be destined to farm COF forever!

Long live the Anti Zerg META!

Vlad Morbius.1759

To be honest they created a catch 22, the zerg became a necessity because of the poor rewards. Now they’re trying to change the zerg mentality by making the loot a reward for coordinating and completing content but did so without enhancing the reward to warrant the effort.
They won’t ever change the zerg mentality until they change the rewards to make them truly worthwhile, which they can’t accomplish if they just kill the reward system altogether because that will kill the zerg but will also drive their other players away in the process.

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

Crown Pavillion
PROS

• Cool Boss mechanics, I like that we have to split up to succeed.

CONS

• No loot from mobs in between Boss Blitz besides Gauntlet tickets and festival tokens. I wanted T6 materials. They’re already too hard to get without long hours of farming which is not my favorite activity. Let’s break the economy already… Let’s Occupy the Trading Post! Down with the 1%!
  • No XP from kills, which mean: Doesn’t count to daily kills, doesn’t help with stacking sigils, can’t level an alt….just stupid.
  • Vets in the arena are more akin to vets in the mists because they take 2-3 people to kill them in any decent amount of time. Why not just label them all Elite so we know what to expect.
  • Horrible reward for Boss Blitz…why should I bother beyond my achievements?

Gauntlet

• Thank you for removing the dome and changing the look of the AOE circles. I still haven’t beaten Liadri, but that’s on me not the camera/mechanics.

Zephyr Sanctum

• Hands down the absolute best part of the patch
  • Where are the Sun/Wind/Lighting Catcher skins????

I’ll be trying to get the 10 runs of boss blitz but only for the achievement points.
I’ll be working to kill Liadri for the AP and personal gratification. (I had almost 2 stacks of tickets left over from last year)

I’ll be in Zephyr Sanctum having fun if you need me.

Posted by: Mckeone.9804

Mckeone.9804

In a world of megaservers where you can’t control people flooding into maps, it is substantially harder to coordinate groups. Marionette worked because the mechanics forced the zerg to split up. This is just an epic train wreck

Static.9841

They are apparently rare drops from supply boxes.

I managed to get one last week because like an idiot, I left all my kite fortunes in my bank for a year, for whatever reason I didn’t even realise you had to double click them to open, got almost 500 fortune scraps and was able to get a wind catcher from the BL trader.

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

They are apparently rare drops from supply boxes.

I don’t see them listed in the drop research at all on the wiki…has anyone gotten one yet (not with kite fortunes)

Posted by: miriforst.1290

miriforst.1290

What i find annoying is that the mega server system is working against us. Had it not been there it would be easier to do organized farmruns.

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

Really? Yet another whine thread 12 hours after the release? Masses of free T6 Mats…

You want a broken economy? Because thats how you get a broken economy…

How would T6 mats from here be any more or less “free” than T6 mats obtained anywhere else? How would it “break” the economy? The price of T6 mats has been steadily increasing over the time since the game launched, surely that’s more damaging to the games economy?

The day before they brought out the Queen’s Jubilee with its apparently game destroying “T6 farm” August 5th 2013 a Vial of Powerful Blood cost 30 s 84 c (29 s 49 c on buy orders) today the same Vial of Powerful Blood costs kitten 94 c (42 s 90 c on buy orders).

They’ve increased the demand for these through Ascended crafting but have nerfed the supply, surely that’s just imbalancing the economy further?

http://www.gw2spidy.com/item/24295

Surely, having people spend their time here rather than out in the world where they would be earning gold and getting mats would have a worse (inflationary) effect on the economy.

Anyway, for me the true problem here is that this event continues the trend towards meaner reward systems throughout the game, changing the mobs so they drop the same loot and reward the same XP as any other level 80 mob couldn’t destroy the games economy. If it could (in the same patch that they get rid of several champ farms and potential champ farms) then surely the economy is too fragile to save?

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

I liken this year’s version of the Crown Pavilion to last year’s version of Halloween. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. People like to zerg if they are making gold. As it stands, I may or may not join in for achievements and when that is done I won’t step in again. If we were getting drops on a regular basis like last year, then I would do it. What’s the incentive once the achievements are done? Drops are how you keep interest up for 2 weeks.

Also, the weapons in there are 10 gold plus the item. Where’s the 10 gold from the zerg fest? You basically are treating it as a gold sink without offering me any gold for doing the event you created. Very disappointing.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: lightdruid.7689

lightdruid.7689

Whoever implemented the pavilion idea needs to get kicked in the face. Seriously? You want us to coordinate with people we’ll never see again after this event. trying to explain to a map of random people that they need to split up into 6 groups and each do one boss is like herding cats. Anet gave us NO tools to do this except by commander tag. Commander tags are all neat and great but unless there’s 6 commanders on the map, the pubs will gravitate towards the dorito. that’s how they’re trained in WvW. What makes the dev who thought this up think they’d break habit?

It’s the start of summer and old and new people alike are playing the game again. So what does Anet do? They give us a gold/mat sink patch. We have to give up so much in order to do this patch that it’s just disheartening. I feel sympathy with all the new people who have to pay the waypoint fee over and over again due to falling dmg. All those mats people have been saving will try to go to supply boxes. whoopy.

If you’re going to try to entice people back into the game, don’t make the patch one dimensional. Give us something back (like actual loot from mobs?) if you’re gonna force us to do these tedius events for achievements.

Posted by: Snaekolf.5973

Snaekolf.5973

I did two full runs of Boss Blitz last night and couldn’t get my daily done. Ex. with no drops I only had 30% on Recycler and 20% on Daily Killer. So I ran to Wayfarer and did some gathering and mobs, Maw popped while I was there so I stopped to help. I got more and better loot from 5 mins of Maw than I did from 2 hours of BB. Got my daily done too.

Winslow Arden – 80 – Thief
Mintari Le Voss – 80 – Mesmer
Winslow Heer – 80 – Ranger

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

From what i gather, one of the biggest problems with this design is the payoff is really bad. its a bad idea to increase difficulty, and then decrease payoff. Thats a surefire way to have no one taking on that task. They even increase losses here, for less payoff.

The second problem is, they still havent created the tools for leadership, and megaserver has decreased the ability to organize.

If they want to continue to do large group content, they need to greatly expand the organizational tools for a leader on the map, and create methods for people to more easily/reliably group.

PVE commanders need bigger squads, the ability to delegate sub commanders, some sort of limited ability to create objectives (similar to dynamic events) if this is supposed to work on a open world level. normally this type of stuff can be handled via voice, and the fact that everyone there is your guild(in other games).

Also commanders need to have at least some people who they know can lead, and communicate with them in order to lead masses, which means they need predictable ways to get people into the same maps, you also want to give regular pugs the ability to stick to the commanders they like, from map to map. This is why i suggest a grouping system whereby people can join one person, and be treated as one group for group movements between maps, by megaserver.

Posted by: Kalarchis.8635

Kalarchis.8635

Last night I got into a pavilion dominated by [AARM]. They had organized everyone around six tags and were coordinating on TS so all bosses were killed at the same time. Got gold a few times and for the six minutes taken it’s decent loot.

That said, the reason this was possible is that 95% of the map was [AARM] players. Including myself and a friend I saw maybe six people from other guilds. [AARM] hardcapped the map pulling their guildies in and it payed off for them. But we’re not all in huge guilds, so if most of us want to do this we have to contend with herding the randoms. I intend to tag up today and give it a shot, so we’ll see how it goes (expecting a Mari/knights repeat.)

As far as the loot, I get that decision. I actually prefer the loot to be tied to group success. But no XP? Come on, guys. Doesn’t count for daily kills, can’t level an alt, bloodlust sigil is useless. What’s the deal?

BTW – Gold loot was decent but it could definitely use a buff if you want to incentivize the majority of players to actually do this content.

phys.7689

Last night I got into a pavilion dominated by [AARM]. They had organized everyone around six tags and were coordinating on TS so all bosses were killed at the same time. Got gold a few times and for the six minutes taken it’s decent loot.

That said, the reason this was possible is that 95% of the map was [AARM] players. Including myself and a friend I saw maybe six people from other guilds. [AARM] hardcapped the map pulling their guildies in and it payed off for them. But we’re not all in huge guilds, so if most of us want to do this we have to contend with herding the randoms. I intend to tag up today and give it a shot, so we’ll see how it goes (expecting a Mari/knights repeat.)

As far as the loot, I get that decision. I actually prefer the loot to be tied to group success. But no XP? Come on, guys. Doesn’t count for daily kills, can’t level an alt, bloodlust sigil is useless. What’s the deal?

BTW – Gold loot was decent but it could definitely use a buff if you want to incentivize the majority of players to actually do this content.

ahh so its six minute time when done well eh? i suppose that explains the low loot drops somewhat.

Posted by: Nokaru.7831

Nokaru.7831

Gold tier reward grants around 50-55 tokens, 3-5 greens, 8 Champion Bags, 1 rare, 20’ish Queen’s Gauntlet Ticket, 70,000 experience and 1,500 (?) Karma. Seems like they put the experience of the event backloaded into the final event reward.

It takes 4-7 minutes to achieve this. With a good group, you can win 6 per hour.

As for how hard it is, the bosses are very easy when your group is split up into six. Hell, you can 3 man Kuraii before the gold reward timer is over. Undermanned, they die 10 times quicker than they do with 30+ players. I can solo the turret on Boom-Boom Baines in 5 seconds, whereas it takes a minute to die to a zerg.

The issue isn’t the reward, it’s mostly the lazy players refusing to put forth any effort into earning it. If they want to buff it, by all means they can; the players winning would appreciate it the boost. If you want a mindless farm, just go back to Queensd— err I mean Frostgorge Sound.

(edited by Nokaru.7831)

Vlad Morbius.1759

Gold tier reward grants around 50-55 tokens, 3-5 greens, 8 Champion Bags, 1 rare, 20’ish Queen’s Gauntlet Ticket, 70,000 experience and 1,500 (?) Karma. Seems like they put the experience of the event backloaded into the final event reward.

It takes 4-7 minutes to achieve this. With a good group, you can win 6 per hour.

As for how hard it is, the bosses are very easy when your group is split up into six. Hell, you can 3 man Kuraii before the gold reward timer is over. Undermanned, they die 10 times quicker than they do with 30+ players. I can solo the turret on Boom-Boom Baines in 5 seconds, whereas it takes a minute to die to a zerg.

The issue isn’t the reward, it’s mostly the lazy players refusing to put forth any effort into earning it. If they want to buff it, by all means they can; the players winning would appreciate it the boost. If you want a mindless farm, just go back to Queensd— err I mean Frostgorge Sound.

You’re right, it’s perfectly reasonable to blame people who play the content A) the way they did last year and the way Anet built most of their content for 18 months C) introducing mega server before people became acclimated to their new philosophy!

Nokaru.7831

You’re right, it’s perfectly reasonable to blame people who play the content A) the way they did last year and the way Anet built most of their content for 18 months C) introducing mega server before people became acclimated to their new philosophy!

This isn’t last year.

(edited by Nokaru.7831)

Leo Paul.1659

It takes 4-7 minutes to achieve this. With a small, organized group, you can win 6 per hour.

Fixed it for you. And in order to do the event you have to pay up first.

Nokaru.7831

Fixed it for you.

If by “organized” you mean “players who have a vague understanding about how the bosses work” then yes.

Posted by: Verene.1480

Verene.1480

I don’t have a problem with the new boss mechanics (though that trample ability is incredibly obnoxious). I don’t have a problem with needing to split to get good rewards. I do have a problem with there being no loot until you kill all six bosses. And I do have a problem with achievements (kill 50 of insert enemy type here) that fly against the face of the main event (kill bosses in 6 minutes!), and don’t reward you with anything for doing so.

The game economy is already broken. Part of why it’s broken is because certain items (such as t6 mats) are difficult to farm and obtain, and so the only real methods of getting them reliably is to either champ train (since champ boxes drop t6 mats at a decent rate), or farm gold and buy them on the TP. If you look at spidy during the Pavilion last year, prices on everything dropped, because they were more readily available than they had been previously. The loot was nearly always things that people were going to sell on the trading post (seriously, who’s going to merch a t6 mat?), which is an inherent if small gold sink, and which does not directly introduce more gold to the game. What broke the economy and got us to the state we’re in now is the massive amounts of gold that were added in through champ boxes once champ train farming took off.

I also feel like having the vets drop loot would also assist in getting gold rewards on boss kills. Everyone splits up, kills their boss, and then stays there to kill the vets and get loot instead of rushing to another boss that hasn’t yet died and scaling it up.

To be fair, I keep saying they drop nothing. I have actually gotten a few drops off vets last night, other than tokens and tickets. But it’s incredibly rare – I got an entire two heavy loot bags and a single green off of 30 vet kills. I can understand them wanting to nerf the loot drops a bit from last year (as much as I loved it last year), but this just feels…not right.

I also am annoyed because first time through Pavilion yesterday I crashed, logged back in (same map and everything), killed the last boss standing, and got zero rewards for it. That was certainly nice.

Leader of I Can Outtweet a Centaur! [TWIT] | Owner of Under the Pale Tree
twitguild.enjin.com | thepaletree.net
Twitter: @LadyVerene | @TWITGuild | @ThePaleTree

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

I just don’t understand why the mechanics have taken such a step back from the Marionette boss. That events mechanics actually encouraged you to split up to the different paths and then forced you into small groups for the fight against the marionette. In the Queens pavilion everything is set up like a typical zerg rush and the only thing you have encouraging you to split up is the invisible scaling mechanics which are different for every single boss/event in the game and is never actually explained in game.

Commanders can try and organize the pugs into actually doing this correctly but that was a hard task for them to do pre feature patch, even when doing better designed events like the Marionette. But now Commanders have to deal with:

-Mega Server killing the communities that had formed on servers so people have no idea who this commander is and is he any good at the game.
-Mega servers throwing people who don’t speak the same language together
-An option that is on by default that stops messages from being displayed based on the language option you have selected.

This is before we even get into the fact that there is currently more fun activities going on in the game that give better loot and whether open world raid content is a good idea.

Posted by: kailin.4905

kailin.4905

I’m not much of a farmer being I can barely bring myself to log on anymore. However, I can’t help but think this was a terrible event to release at this time. Other than the feature patch we have gotten nearly nothing this year. Everyone was excited for the first real content release. And you come out with a butchered version of something people loved last year. Worst of all without saying a word or even having the courtesy to the community to acknowledge rumors of the events being bugged. At this point I think its safe to say this is “as intended”. But really grow a pair and say it. And if you wanted to Nerf it so bad from last year why release it first? So many people want to love this game but since launch it has really felt like every decision just screws the community and drives people away. I used to love anet, but since this game came out it feels like anet and the community are bitter enemies.

(edited by kailin.4905)

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

Yep, it’s always the players fault, never ArenaNet’s for not actually communicating the change in direction or putting any effort into “retraining” the players in those changes or giving them tools to better organise themselves in the multi-lingual, multi-server mush that the megaserver system created.

Posted by: Devildoc.6721

Devildoc.6721

I was at first excited to get the chance to get the gas mask that I missed out on the first time it was out.. but since this meta is so heavily tied to boss rush to the point of being unable to complete unless you do boss rush at least once.. this is a disaster, it’s not like you can get yourself on maps where it’s actually being done either, every time I go into the pavillion it’s a freaking ghost town. Nobody wants to do this crappy event.

This is just garbage. What were the developers thinking?

Zapp – 80 Asura Afromancer

phys.7689

well if this is the case, seems to be worth it, so ehh seems fine, possibly even entertaining.