[Feedback Thread] New Crown Pavilion First Impression [merged]

in Festival of the Four Winds

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

You’re right, it’s perfectly reasonable to blame people who play the content A) the way they did last year and the way Anet built most of their content for 18 months C) introducing mega server before people became acclimated to their new philosophy!

Yep, it’s always the players fault, never ArenaNet’s for not actually communicating the change in direction or putting any effort into “retraining” the players in those changes or giving them tools to better organise themselves in the multi-lingual, multi-server mush that the megaserver system created.

i agree they should have messaged the change here. But i think arenanet to this point has been training players poorly to play the game.

I think on entrance, or signing up, or while the event is going on, they should have an npc that tells you clearly, the goal is to kill all the bosses as fast as possible! you wont get much from just killing random monsters.

perhaps an announcer who says things like Kill those bosses! faster! regular monsters just get in the way.

regardless, if you get that much loot for a good win, it seems more like its not a problem with rewards, just people not knowing what the goal of the game is. Truth is, with such a heavy difference in playing well versus not, people will probably learn the event soon enough

Posted by: Sourde Noire.5286

Sourde Noire.5286

I do like the new boss design, certainly better than last year’s.

Too bad there’s no real reason to do them once you popped the achievements, and even they are a weak incentive to begin with, since it’s so unrewarding and the coordination required to maybe make it worthwhile is hard to achieve if not impossible in PuGs.

The mobs in die pavillion not dropping anything but the tokens and gauntlet tickets also feels pretty hollow and nonsensical. And I didn’t even like the braindead zergfest that was last year’s CP. But at least it was populated. This year, despite the megaservers, it’s a ghost town.

I do like the Gauntlet changes, though, even though I got everything done last year and only had to re-do the Liadri fight. Still, instancing them would be a better idea. Being able to watch people fighting doesn’t really outweight the waiting times. Then again, with how empty the CP is, it doesn’t matter too much.

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

I like the changes. It rewards you quite appropriately for doing the fights correctly and appropriately denies rewards if you attempt to ignore the correct method of tackling the event.

The only problem is that it is not clearly telegraphed that zerging will prevent success. Perhaps a return of the “only the X players with the Y buff can hurt the boss” concept would help?

Server: Devona’s Rest

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

Lies and deceit.

phys.7689

I like the changes. It rewards you quite appropriately for doing the fights correctly and appropriately denies rewards if you attempt to ignore the correct method of tackling the event.

The only problem is that it is not clearly telegraphed that zerging will prevent success. Perhaps a return of the “only the X players with the Y buff can hurt the boss” concept would help?

too hamfisted, this one is adaptable, in that people can come help, or whatever. the key here is making it clear that the goal is to kill the bosses as fast as possible, and that splitting up is one of the best ways to do that.

it is true that they have been training people to ball up, and kill weak enemies for the best rewards. So people naturally dont understand when that doesnt work, they need to change the messaging of various events. But people will adapt even without such things, its just a rocky transition.
probably by tonight or tommorow, most people will be attempting to do it in the proper way, which will probably be more fun anyhow

Posted by: Chrispy.5641

Chrispy.5641

Remember to use dodge food for Liadri

-Brought to you by the Dodge Food Conglomerate

Game Update Notes, May 22nd, 2014

• Fixed an ‘exploit’ where players could use food to boost their odds of winning against Liadri the Concealing Dark.
  • All food buffs, including the Metabolic Primer, are removed upon entering a fight in the Queen’s Gauntlet.
  • If you attempt to use food while in the fight, All Dodge food becomes Doge food when consumed, and instead of increased endurance regeneration, a bunch of badly spelled phrases appear on the screen whenever you dodge.

Posted by: Zylonite.5913

Zylonite.5913

• Fixed an ‘exploit’ where players could use food to boost their odds of winning against Liadri the Concealing Dark.
  • All food buffs, including the Metabolic Primer, are removed upon entering a fight in the Queen’s Gauntlet.
  • If you attempt to use food while in the fight, All Dodge food becomes Doge food when consumed, and instead of increased endurance regeneration, a bunch of badly spelled phrases appear on the screen whenever you dodge.

Is this for real? Or fake troll patch notes?

Betrayed by the gods of ANet

Posted by: Zok.4956

Zok.4956

I just don’t understand why the mechanics have taken such a step back from the Marionette boss.

Because the Crown Pavillion is “older” then the Marionette Event. And someone from A-Net wrote, that the “Festival of the four winds” was reworked/actualized by a “small-ish” Team (because the other Teams are working on china launch, LS2 etc…).

My conclusion: they did not have enough ressources (people) working on this to do it better. Which is a pity.

Greetings.

Posted by: Nokaru.7831

Nokaru.7831

[Snipped some negative drivel]

Or maybe you can actually report some real fixes:

• Fixed a bug where Cosmic Rifts are obstructed by projectiles.
  • Dome has been smashed due to the combined rage of everyone’s camera.
  • Shadowfall is less shadowy and more orange-y, making it visible on the ground.
  • A new character, the Medic, now camps the Gauntlet permanently to progress his Daily Reviver achievement.

Posted by: Chrispy.5641

Chrispy.5641

Is this for real? Or fake troll patch notes?

I knew I forgot something! This tag at the end:::

[/Sarcasm]

Seriously though, the events aren’t terrible, except for the complete and total lack of LOOT!!!

Whelp, I’m going back to WvW where I can literally just take towers and get champ bags faster than this event. (and now I know what the next patch notes will say!)

Posted by: Tuathal.7208

Tuathal.7208

All waypoints in Divinity’s Reach are free. The Crown Pavilion is in Divinity’s Reach, yet that waypoint costs coin. Why?

Nokaru.7831

All waypoints in Divinity’s Reach are free. The Crown Pavilion is in Divinity’s Reach, yet that waypoint costs coin. Why?

Because it’s not a city. It’s an open-world zone full of hostile creatures.

Posted by: CrazyDuck.4610

CrazyDuck.4610

Just buff the end loot when finished killing all the bosses, there everyone’s happy.

YouWish – Guard
DragonBrand – [Agg] Aggression

mtpelion.4562

Just buff the end loot when finished killing all the bosses, there everyone’s happy.

The loot is already pretty good if you do the event correctly. Buffing the loot is not the answer, doing the event the right way is.

Posted by: wingofbenu.4316

wingofbenu.4316

The loot is already pretty good if you do the event correctly. Buffing the loot is not the answer, doing the event the right way is.

Good luck with that given how on my server at least, the pavillion is now a ghost town.

mtpelion.4562

Good luck with that given how on my server at least, the pavillion is now a ghost town.

That should make the events easier, actually.

wingofbenu.4316

That should make the events easier, actually.

if you have a large guild or a large group of friends, sure. I have neither.

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

The loot is mediocre if you have a huge guild with coordination. 6 champ bags in 7 minutes is the absolute best you can get at highest efficiency.

Does Anet expect the average experience to be at highest efficiency? No.

Nothing in this game should be balanced on highest efficiency.

Posted by: jazzllanna.1278

jazzllanna.1278

I guess this was the goal of the event? Join a large guild or leave the game?

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

I was at first excited to get the chance to get the gas mask that I missed out on the first time it was out.. but since this meta is so heavily tied to boss rush to the point of being unable to complete unless you do boss rush at least once.. this is a disaster, it’s not like you can get yourself on maps where it’s actually being done either, every time I go into the pavillion it’s a freaking ghost town. Nobody wants to do this crappy event.

This is just garbage. What were the developers thinking?

Trying to make open world raids a thing again. That’s what.

phys.7689

it didnt need a large guild, it needs people to play focused on group coordination. However that is much more likely to happen with a guild.

(edited by Moderator)

Xae Isareth.1364

It’s not even focused group coordination. Its like the most basic, borderline raid environment you can possibly have without it turning into press 1 to win.

You just split up. That’s it. That’s basically how you win this. I really don’t quite understand how the heck do people screw this up. I’m actually baffled by this update.

With Teq/Wurm, there’s some mechanics that actually needed organisation and are somewhat difficult to pull off. The bosses in this update have mechanics that are so simple and clear that they may as well be written on the screen in neon letters.

The heal turret on Boom-boom even specifically tells you that it heals Boom-boom, and its not even a normal-sized heal turret, its huge. And what do people do? 11111111111 on Boom-boom and wonder why she’s not dying.

It’s like the devs basically went ‘right, ok, Teq, Wurm, Marionette, way too hard. Let’s make a open world raid that’s so simple, people who never played games before can understand what’s going on’, and we still screwed it up. It’s a miracle that convinces me and proves to me that open world raids are just not a thing.

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: Lambent.6375

Lambent.6375

http://youtu.be/3QVABlcndog

^^^VIDEO OF TTS doing it! GOLD REWARD!!^^^

The reward is pretty huge.

All people who complains and whines, please leave the game, we do not need you.

Thank you.

So basically if anyone wants to play the game, they need to join TTS?

I was part of TTS for 6 months and can hardly recommend joining them if you have a soft skin and can’t stand getting insulted in TS3 or chat and be called by names…

it didnt need a large guild, it needs people to play focused on group coordination. However that is much more likely to happen with a guild.

It’s not even focused group coordination. Its like the most basic, borderline raid environment you can possibly have without it turning into press 1 to win.

You just split up. That’s it. That’s basically how you win this. I really don’t quite understand how the heck do people screw this up.

By not knowing exactly how many people are on each boss, and what boss needs coverage, so they pick randomly, or just head to the single commander tag on the map, and may accidentally scale up other bosses that already had enough people as a result.

Or when they say split up, and spread out, the numbers aren’t distributed evenly, leaving some bosses open, because they don’t know no one is heading to that boss. They could ask, but a lot of people may not be paying attention to chat because they’re trying to stay alive.

Or the groups are unbalanced, and some groups kill their bosses way before the other groups.

“Caithe, someday you’ll see, Tyria needs me. -Scarlet”

Posted by: Fenrina.2954

Fenrina.2954

The heal turret on Boom-boom even specifically tells you that it heals Boom-boom, and its not even a normal-sized heal turret, its huge. And what do people do? 11111111111 on Boom-boom and wonder why she’s not dying.

For this one specifically, the turret spawns away from Boom-boom. Often the turret spawns offscreen for me so the size is irrelevant. After that, the only indication that the turret is around is a status icon and the purple tether. Both of those indicators are easy to overlook unless one is intentionally looking for them. In the case of the tether, I generally find the turret by simple camera movement than following it.

Posted by: CC Danicia.1394

CC Danicia.1394

Community Coordinator

Next

Hey all, just a quick note. Earning higher tiers of reward in the Boss Blitz in the Queen’s Pavilion is a great way to earn Festival Tokens, and Queen’s Gauntlet tickets – the rewards that the other activities within the festival give as well. If you check your inventory, you should see the tokens & tickets you have received.

Posted by: Orswich.6423

Orswich.6423

Really? Yet another whine thread 12 hours after the release? Masses of free T6 Mats…

You want a broken economy? Because thats how you get a broken economy…

And you don’t have to make one huge zerg to farm through six bosses. This event challenges you to complete it quickly which means to split up into groups. Result:
1. Less Time consuming
2. Less Zergy (You can kill a boss with a 3 (wo)men group)
3 You can choose which boss you want to fight

The tokens we get have insane value. You can get fused Gauntlets for example which needed all flame and frost Achievements when it was first implemented. And if you want real good and valuable stuff, WvW season 2 ends soon which rewards you with multiple ascended weapons.

Why don’t you just play what is fun in this game. You really expected the devs to sit there in a meeting and go “Its time for a gold-patch where players can farm till they drop – that will improve our game!” This is another patch where they try to change our habit to do the content in an unchallenging, unfun zergy way even if we could do something different – just because we think its the more effective play style.

After Guild Wars 2 did everything to bring the players together, it now is forced to go into the other direction and split up the comfy zeros.

And there you go, banging your head against the same wall complaining about the wall being there as it is being torn down.

how exactly would the economy be “broken”???

oh no the people who actually play the game and don’t run 10 dungeons a day or TP flip all day can actually afford thing… oh noes

the only people that this hurts is the TP flippers, the rest of us need these mats for legendaries or ascended crafting..

while I get that it was a bit too lucrative last time, making it not lucrative at all wasn’t the answer either..

Anet will learn that people want to be rewarded, and are sick of everything on the TP doubling in price every 4 months due to rewards being nerfed constantly

Orswich/Schwabenghast [ING/Ankh] Dragonbrand commander
and sometimes even a decent human being

Nokaru.7831

For this one specifically, the turret spawns away from Boom-boom. Often the turret spawns offscreen for me so the size is irrelevant. After that, the only indication that the turret is around is a status icon and the purple tether. Both of those indicators are easy to overlook unless one is intentionally looking for them. In the case of the tether, I generally find the turret by simple camera movement than following it.

If you zoom your mini-map in, you can see when the healing turret spawns instantly. It appears as a crossed sword icon in the event radius of Boom-Boom Baines. After the turret dies, it will respawn in 40s so use that to get ready for the next one.

Xae Isareth.1364

I’m quite sure it also shows up on the minimap.

And even if it doesn’t, the wall of people shouting kill the turret should make what needs to happen pretty obvious.

Posted by: synk.8762

synk.8762

Hey all, just a quick note. Earning higher tiers of reward in the Boss Blitz in the Queen’s Pavilion is a great way to earn Festival Tokens, and Queen’s Gauntlet tickets – the rewards that the other activities within the festival give as well. If you check your inventory, you should see the tokens & tickets you have received.

That is not at all what we’re talking about.

Posted by: Teege.4623

Teege.4623

It’s nice to see them try and break up the constant zerg that happens in nearly every avenue of the game.

That is not at all what we’re talking about.

Did you infract her for posting off topic?

“We just don’t want players to grind in Guild Wars 2.” -Colin Johanson
Don’t support the Gem Shop, it’s that easy.

wingofbenu.4316

and leave it to the company to give us a non-response.

Posted by: Becka Williams.4978

Becka Williams.4978

Yeah, we know. We’re not idiots. We just don’t think gauntlet tickets, and tokens are a worthy reward.

Fenrina.2954

If you zoom your mini-map in, you can see when the healing turret spawns instantly.

I’m quite sure it also shows up on the minimap.

Noted, but it suffers the same problem as the status icon: it’s located within peripheral vision. That makes it harder to notice.

Posted by: CC Danicia.1394

Previous

CC Danicia.1394

Community Coordinator

My apologies for not being clear; I was getting more information regarding an earlier post in this thread and some other questions regarding the rewards.

Posted by: Kelayda.8359

Kelayda.8359

It’s a raid now.

To get gold level rewards you need six different groups (preferably with a Commander in each), that’s small to moderate in size (to avoid massive scaling), AND to defeat the bosses as close to each other as possible (which means that all 6 groups are going to have to make sure to manage their DPS properly). Oh, and of course people need to listen and respond to the commanders as well (or know what they’re doing going into the fight beforehand or teamspeak).

That’s raid level of organization.

It’s frustrating, because you go in not expecting it at all. Yes, you can defeat the bosses without that, but even with 2 commanders on the map, I haven’t been able to get silver level rewards, let alone gold. Yes, its good against the zerg, but if you wanted some nice leveling and farming area, you’re out of luck. Not to mention the lack of loot, which feels really sore.

I don’t mind having more organized content in the game, but I feel like this is going to be like the Tequatl fight; once the majority of people get their cheevs, they’ll abandon the event and only the most organized guilds will do it. It’s going to drive the majority of the playerbase away in the long run.

I know some people are happy, as it means only the most dedicated and skilled will be rewarded, and I’m fine with that. What I’m not fine with is how un-fun the event is if you’re NOT that organized. It’s a slog. It’s tedious. It’s long, The loot is abysmal and the only drops you get are Queen’s Gauntlet tickets or those tokens (which don’t drop a lot).

I just don’t know what Anet was thinking with this design. If they wanted the QP to be a hardcore zone, I with they’d at least have a pop-up explaining it, like with modes in PvP. I’m not happy with it at all. The only good thing I can think of is that there enough variety of events that you don’t have to do the QP if you don’t want to.

Posted by: Zylonite.5913

Zylonite.5913

My apologies for not being clear; I was getting more information regarding an earlier post in this thread and some other questions regarding the rewards.

No surprise here. ANet usually ignores 90% of the posts…

Betrayed by the gods of ANet

Posted by: linuxotaku.4731

linuxotaku.4731

http://youtu.be/3QVABlcndog

^^^VIDEO OF TTS doing it! GOLD REWARD!!^^^

The reward is pretty huge.

All people who complains and whines, please leave the game, we do not need you.

Thank you.

So basically if anyone wants to play the game, they need to join TTS?

I was part of TTS for 6 months and can hardly recommend joining them if you have a soft skin and can’t stand getting insulted in TS3 or chat and be called by names…

You just split up. That’s it. That’s basically how you win this. I really don’t quite understand how the heck do people screw this up. I’m actually baffled by this update.

I had read through the forums before I popped in to check briefly this morning. One boss was up — boom boom. I spent a few minutes in the group of 20-30, focused on DPS’ing him — and killing the turrets when they were up (but it did take >= 30s to kill off the turrets). It seemed pointless — the group wasn’t getting him down faster than he was healing. There were people in the area farming mobs, and maybe that contributed to the scaling problems … but with megaserver I can’t exactly guest to another server — what am I supposed to do if i get a map which is stuck like this? Wait for them to finish and hope that next time it will be different?

It did not leave a good first impression.

It left me sure that either ANet will make the scaling less punishing, or the event will become a ghosttown. Given that there are still a few weeks of WvW season 2, the latter would be OK with me … but overall — it was really underwhelming; hopefully the next time I go I won’t get stuck in a map like that one.

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

I don’t understand how it’s good to make people leave because there’s already “too many” on a boss. -_- Is this the only way to discourage zerging? If I’m a commander on a megaserver am I expected to “politely” shoo players away from a boss I’m handling?

edit:

If I’m out hunting and another player walks by, shouldn’t I welcome his help, rather than worrying that he’s going to steal my kills or consume all the mobs I wanted to kill? Or if I want to play with someone, shouldn’t we naturally have the same goals and objectives, rather than discovering that we’re in the same area but working on a different set of quests?

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

(edited by Leo Paul.1659)

Posted by: Sligh.2789

Sligh.2789

No offense Danica, but you are clearly not aware of what this thread is about, and you are unaware of what the beef is that we players have with this content.
We want the enemies to drop loot and materials like they used to. Otherwise, the event is good for the title and nothing more.

wingofbenu.4316

Not to mention the way the event is currently designed, it might as well say “if you’re a solo or small guild player, then we designed this event specifically to make your day terrible”

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

I would very much like to complete Boss Blitz and earn those rewards, but the design of them prevents this. So far I haven’t been able to get past 4/6 bosses after forty minutes, much less killing all six in under six minutes, so talk about “rewards when you complete it on higher tiers” is just fairytales and nonsense. Fix the event, then you can talk about how rewarding it would be if it were completable.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

Posted by: Katz.5143

Katz.5143

Thing is, we can’t control how other people play and we can’t control how many are there or anything else.

It’s a kitten conspiracy. Kittens gonna be kittens. All is vain!

Posted by: Vespertilionidae.5018

Vespertilionidae.5018

I like the changes to the pavilion bosses and it is clear that there have been LS events attempting to break up the zerg and encourage or require more co-ordinated tactics for a while now.
I think the one that worked the best so far was the marionette. You didn’t get much in the way of loot but you could make keys to open chests so there were more rewards for the effort.

I am assuming the lack of drops is to discourage upscale stacking for pure farming purposes and because the bosses are easier with everyone distributed and attacking them all at once in smaller groups. So it’s an attempt to encourage people splitting up for the better gold reward. (That being said I’ve yet to see anything other than a bronze due to the zerging mentality.)

While I am delighted to see there is a way for players to get skins from past LS events they might have missed out on, festival tokens and gauntlet tickets are pretty much useless once a player satisfies those wants or desires. Festival tokens and tickets are great but the lack of more regular loot items means the appeal/value is limited and varies from player to player.
The Marionette was a nice mix of LS particular items and plain old loot to be sold or salvaged. A way to make a bit of coin while having fun. (and it sure was fun!) The donation gold sink to activate the boss event in the pavilion combined with bronze level rewards (my only experience so far) means barely breaking even. I understand gold level rewards are better, and that’s the point, but it is very hard to get people organized on that level apparently.

Maybe if this event had something like six npc leaders that players signed on with before the event began rather than a gold sink to activate. When each leader has enough players in their squad, they all move out at once and the boss events begin. Being part of that squad means you get a damage bonus or damage reduction type buff to the npcs and boss you are fighting and a debuff where you can’t damage the others that lasts until all the bosses are dead. Before the megaservers I don’t think this would have been viable as an idea but it might be possible now that worlds combine.

I realize that probably isn’t an ideal solution but it’s meant to be an example of something to encourage people to split up and stay in smaller groups with a mechanic that discourages stacking once the event is activated. Such a mechanic might work better than no loot drops as an incentive for splitting up. You could do the event in one npc’s squad, then rotate to another the next event cycle for various achievements so it wouldn’t take any longer to meet those achievements with something like that in place.

So please consider new ways with future LS events to encourage what you want to see by helping players learn the tactics when doing the events. I love the more complicated mechanics, I think it’s fun that each defeated boss passes on something to the ones that remain and I’m not suggesting such interesting boss mechanics be changed. However, it doesn’t seem to deter that zerg mentality, from my personal experience it has resulted in way too many players slogging through a series of upscaled bosses that take a lot longer to defeat than is intended.

Successful opportunism is often indistinguishable from a masterful plan.

(edited by Vespertilionidae.5018)

Fenrina.2954

Is this the only way to discourage zerging?

That’s the troubling part. The event design naturally makes it harder for zergs by the bosses sharing abilities. If the zerg fights them one at a time, the last boss will naturally be the most difficult. In contrast, splitting up produces easier bosses. As such, the scaling issues are on top of this.

But when the event is effectively lost (aka bronze rewards), the ability sharing goes away. The scaling does not. The zerg has already lost the battle at this point. Why punish them further?

If I’m out hunting and another player walks by, shouldn’t I welcome his help, rather than worrying that he’s going to steal my kills or consume all the mobs I wanted to kill?

Food for thought.

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

I spent a few hours today in this mess trying to get people to coordinate. Unfortunately due to megaserver and the fact that there are too many randoms who won’t listen it was a waste of time. A huge waste of time. I don’t know how many times I saw in chat, “I’m just here for the achievements.” Yeah, this is great fun and so worth the time. LOL

The Burninator

Posted by: Morfedel.4165

Morfedel.4165

The problems we are discussing are:

1. It is difficult to do well with a zerg – by intention, but with the other design choices, this makes it hard to form effective nonzerg teams. See below
2. However, because of megaserver, which was great for other reasons, isn’t working out here, as no one knows anyone else, we can’t organize as well, therefore, zerging happens. I suppose if a guild like TTS might be able to form a group, but I’ve been hearing since the megaserver, its been hard for guilds to get into a server together to do, say, tequatl or the three headed wurm. If that’s true, this would translate to problems here too.
3. The bosses seem to uberscale real fast, making it very hard to kill them fast enough to earn the silver/gold chests. Don’t get me wrong, I think the new mechanics are fun, but they become drastically hard to kill. Furthermore, as bosses die, more zerglike groups are going to form, as no one wants to miss out on the remaining combats, thus the remaining groups get larger and larger…
4. We have a rather hard time limit.
5. We get crap loot unless we do well… see #1 , #2, and #3
6. We have to PAY for the privelege of doing poorly (paying to do the escort gift dolyaks during the winter was kinda cute, but with the frustrations of above, its quickly lost its charm)

If they made it easier to organize ourselves, OR if they made the bosses not so incredibly tough as they scale (particularly Boom boom and her healing turret, she seems by far the worst offender here), it turns from being fun into being an exercise in frustration.

Really, I have to ask, why is paying for this even necessary? I get the story idea, but when we are paying for the privilege of getting frustrated, I see this part of the LS quickly thinning out as people are getting their achievements, as its not a lot of fun and not rewarding either.

Let me rephase: I actually think the new boss mechanics ARE fun… except that we also want to get the silver/gold chests, and with the aforementioned difficulties, that’s hard to do.

Posted by: Tyreal.5230

Tyreal.5230

TBH, I looked for the vendor that gave you the skins in exchange for the festival tokens. I was hoping the selfless potion would be there since i missed that when it was available. However to my disappointment it wasn’t. That is fine, perhaps it will be available again some day. With that said, there is nothing else that interests me about any of the LSs. I think most people play to get a new skin. However, most of the skins don’t look good with anything else or coordinates well with anything or is just another “fire” skin.

I have been playing since beta weekends and I have never been excited about I drop I have gotten since release. My first exotic was BEFORE the initial drop nerf in the first Crown Pavilion., and it was a bow that I could not use on my ele or my guardian. Which were fully geared with SEVERAL different WEAPON, ARMOR and TRINKET sets already.

The truth is, even if you up the loot drops to what they originally were it still isn’t exciting. When I get a loot drop I should be EXCITED. I should feel like I just found a legendary item. When I pick up a weapon dropped from a legendary mob it should be so great that it automatically replaces anything I am currently using.

PvE was fun at the launch of the game because there were many people to socialize with no matter what map you went to and the items I got were worth something(when I was still leveling). Everywhere I went there was someone trying to complete the same thing I was doing. It is no longer launch. Players have leveled, spread out and are looking for the most effective place to farm drops for legendaries or ascended gear.

Instead of nerfing the few bosses that give decent loot in an attempt to get players to play other portions, maps of the game. Why not try increasing the quality of loot on a whole from all mobs in all aspects of the game.

Instead of nerfing crit damage and increasing the HP/damage on bosses to make content difficult(which is doesn’t) why not try something more dynamic. Example: lower damage of a boss, BUT increase the amount of attacks and AoE he does. What I mean is, instead of one giant attack here and there. He does numerous, limitless, endless smaller attacks that keeps us moving, dodging, healing. Instead of one massive, damaging AoE, have 20-30 smaller AoEs scattered about that inflict a few conditions or something followed by quick large AoE melee swing in a 180 degree arc in front of the mob that knocks back, does moderate damage then a leap to stun anyone in front of that arc followed by a spell that cripples everyone within a 360 degree radius, etc. The options are endless. I’m just saying that PvE is lackluster in this game. Nothing feels important or exciting no matter whether I have seen it or not.

The fact that you have to dodge a single attack every few seconds and mobs have ridiculously high HP is WHY people go full DPS in PvE. Why would I run something other than full glassy DPS if there is no danger to make me run anything else.

The loot is not exciting, the mobs(models, centaurs, spiders, elementals. etc) are consistently used over and over again. The attacks are the completely and utterly foreseen and are few and far between. The initial encounter with a mob is not threatening and thus has no excitement or sense of adventure. When I enter a higher level map for the first team I should be worried whether I will survive for the next 10 minutes instead of looking at how many hearts, vistas and PoIs I have to slave through. (I haven’t gotten 100% completion since launch on any character and probably never will because PvE is so bland).

I have never felt the difficulty of the battles, the might of the dragons, the fierceness of the Ascalonians to help me relate and get interested in the personal/Living story. I would rather have a long 30 minute fight that constantly kept me on my toes, dodging condition clearing, the timing of DPS and healing THEN LOSE with one or two more hits left on the boss versus spamming my combos and winning in 5. I should lose my first encounter with a boss and make me rethink my strategy or build. Everytime I come across a new enemy/boss I should feel extremely cautious, almost terrified of letting him come close or what crazy attacks he is going to do.

This comment isn’t about fixing the loot, it’s about fixing PvE in general…. :/

Sorry for the rant.

Guild: guildless
Elementalist: Sheva Alamarr
Guardian: Stella Alamarr

Posted by: Wonderly.1324

Wonderly.1324

I feel that the rewards were well balanced. My biggest disappointment is not being able to work for the rune/sigil recipes offered by the emissaries during the last Crown Pavillion. Is there any chance that those could be implemented?

Posted by: Whimpered.6095

Whimpered.6095

I really don’t have a problem with the new set-up to the Pavilion. The only problem I do have is how people will argue and tell everyone that they need to zerg in order to get gold rewards when a good handful of us will spend a lot of time trying to explain that zerg = failure.

We tried all sorts of ways. Getting multiple commanders to take 10 or so people to each boss and fighting them off all at once, or trying to sort everyone out to their own wedge of the Pavilion before the blitz starts, but in the end, more people come, choose one commander to follow, scream at the other commanders to deactivate their tag, and calls everyone who doesn’t zerg at one boss a dummy. ( Harsher words but forum rules. )

Anet is trying to get rid of all the zergfesting, which I applaud, as I would much rather plan a base of attack rather than just tell everyone to group up and shoot at everything that moves. It’s more satisfying when your goals are accomplished. Now we just need the people with the ZERG ZERG ZERG mentality to follow suit before more fall down the path.

It’s disappointing for people to expect everything to come easy, and then complain if they have to put a little work in for a reward.

Crystal Desert
Chelly Anne, Sylvari Ranger (80)
“This rose has thorns; Here they are!”

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

pfft… Throwing your western community under the bus to compensate your eastern is all I’m getting from this.