[Feedback Thread] New Crown Pavilion First Impression [merged]

in Festival of the Four Winds

Posted by: Nokaru.7831

Nokaru.7831

Summary of GW2 community:

ArenaNet releases a patch:

• “ermagod, ANet only releases zerg content. Zerg, zerg, zerg. 1,1,1,1,1,111111to win. Wow anet, fail”

ArenaNet releases another patch:

• “ohmahgod, ANet is forcing us to split up?? this is bs, I want to farm. Farm, farm, farm. FAIL anet.”

Posted by: Perkysaurus.2630

Perkysaurus.2630

Well I missed these events first time around and have to say I did not miss much. There is challenging and then there is stupid kitten and any other word that comes to mind. Completing the boss blitz takes longer than tq, for what reward? Once again they mistake tedious and mind numbing with challenging. No worries thoguh I got plenty of other games to occupy my time. Thank you for making the decision easy for me.

Posted by: jazzllanna.1278

jazzllanna.1278

I am failing to see how this post has led Anet to decide we are upset with the pavilion because the gauntlet tickets and festival tokens are not showing as loot on our side bar after the event. Thanks for the patch I guess, but that is not what this thread is addressing at all.

Posted by: wingofbenu.4316

wingofbenu.4316

• “ermagod, ANet only releases zerg content. Zerg, zerg, zerg. 1,1,1,1,1,111111to win. Wow anet, fail”

• “ohmahgod, ANet is forcing us to split up?? this is bs, I want to farm. Farm, farm, farm. FAIL anet.”

Its almost like the community has multiple groups of people with differing opinions.

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

Its almost like the community has multiple groups of people with differing opinions.

Yeah, crazy that. Who would have thought?

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

And it seems that the devs misunderstood the thread so badly, that they took an effort to push a patch to make sure we notice those ticket and token rewards. Because that makes aaaaaaal the difference somehow.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Will.6210

Will.6210

If done incorrectly, with trivial effort, the Boss Blitz yields trivial rewards. If done correctly, with non-trivial effort, it yields non-trivial rewards, relatively speaking.

Also, the achievements are super easy. Y’all can’t fight veterans?

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Oh, i can – though of course those elites are veterans in name only.

(and the rewards are trivial, to be honest)

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Fade.7658

Fade.7658

The two red posts just confirms what most of us already know. Anet has no clue what’s going on, and doesn’t bother reading what their player base writes.

Not a personal attack on Danica, or whomever it is, but seriously, this patch is 80% a joke, and the rest, just an opportunity for people who missed prior skins and content to get caught up.

Maybe there will be a worthwhile patch sometime this year. Thank god I don’t have to pay a subscription. I’d be cancelling otherwise.

Just waiting for something better.

Posted by: Lothirieth.3408

Lothirieth.3408

If done incorrectly, with trivial effort, the Boss Blitz yields trivial rewards. If done correctly, with non-trivial effort, it yields non-trivial rewards, relatively speaking.

Then please, bestow upon us your wondrous wisdom on how to make a blob of strangers, speaking multiple languages, split into 6 equal groups without fail every single time.

I’m sick of this ‘if done correctly, it’s ezmode, mmkay’ attitude. I’ve no control over all the other people on the map with me. I can post in chat until my fingers bleed about needing to split up or kill the healing turret asap or using the bird seed, etc, etc, but that doesn’t mean a word I say will be heeded. In the 10 times I ran this event, once, just ONCE was there an attempt at splitting people up where people actually listened. Unfortunately there weren’t enough people so it still ended up being a fail.

I’m failing to see a lot of people expressing problems with the achievements… because they are easy (aside from the 10 events one.. that utterly sucked getting done.) So what was the point of that last bit than to be condescending?

(edited by Lothirieth.3408)

Posted by: AlphaNeonic.1925

AlphaNeonic.1925

I really don’t have a problem with the new set-up to the Pavilion. The only problem I do have is how people will argue and tell everyone that they need to zerg in order to get gold rewards when a good handful of us will spend a lot of time trying to explain that zerg = failure.

We tried all sorts of ways. Getting multiple commanders to take 10 or so people to each boss and fighting them off all at once, or trying to sort everyone out to their own wedge of the Pavilion before the blitz starts, but in the end, more people come, choose one commander to follow, scream at the other commanders to deactivate their tag, and calls everyone who doesn’t zerg at one boss a dummy. ( Harsher words but forum rules. )

Anet is trying to get rid of all the zergfesting, which I applaud, as I would much rather plan a base of attack rather than just tell everyone to group up and shoot at everything that moves. It’s more satisfying when your goals are accomplished. Now we just need the people with the ZERG ZERG ZERG mentality to follow suit before more fall down the path.

It’s disappointing for people to expect everything to come easy, and then complain if they have to put a little work in for a reward.

I agree with you to a point, but I’m going to call foul on Anet here for a few reasons.

1.) I think it’s awesome to have people working in small groups, but forcing it into arguably the zergiest well known farming event since the game came out was a mistake. Most people knew what the Crown Pavilion was and were looking forward to farming it. Bags were empty and boosters were ready… those of us who farmed it last time were ready to do so again. Doing the opposite has turned many people off the event all together. If this type of content had been introduced in a new event, it would have been better received.

2.) People are confused enough with the event being totally opposite from last year. Now sprinkle in MegaServer and the fact that we don’t see our normal commanders from our own servers.

3.) Very little in the game is training us not to zerg and it has little to do with the admittedly paltry rewards. It’s not fun fighting the rest of the map to try to get them to “do the right thing”. Add to this that X number of people are going to do whatever they need to for their achievement, regardless of what the event requires to be finished in a timely manner.

I think it would have been better if the game closed off every section of the pie and just divided the players on the map between them. Force us to do the content as intended… we will learn.

Posted by: Lothirieth.3408

Lothirieth.3408

Now sprinkle in MegaServer and the fact that we don’t see our normal commanders from our own servers.

That’s definitely a frustrating thing. If we’d have just been with our own servers, I think more of us would be seeing more success as there’s more trust in commanders you know and for some reason more people seem to pay more attention to chat… at least that was always a difference I noticed between server vs. overflow in the past. Server maps were mostly more coordinated and successful than overflows.

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

What is the optimum number of people per boss to get the gold reward?

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

Posted by: Nokaru.7831

Nokaru.7831

What is the optimum number of people per boss to get the gold reward?

Assuming you have 60 players:

Kuraii: 6
Sparcus: 10
Baines: 12
Shurrak: 10
Pyroxis: 12
Wiggin: 10

Tips:

• Boom-Boom Baines has the most trash in the beginning but it also does not respawn. Turret respawn every 40s and can be seen early on the mini-map if you zoom in.
  • Shurrak: The birds remain “distracted” for 10-12 seconds per time.
  • Pyroxis’ Fireball volley (not the Flame Scythes) can be reflected.
  • Wiggin: Make sure you don’t stand in the blinding field.

Leo Paul.1659

What is the max number of people in a megaserver?

wingofbenu.4316

curiously enough, not everyone is a level 80 in the shiniest and deadliest of gear or capable of fighting 3-5 veterans at a time that respawn as fast as you cna kill them.

Posted by: synk.8762

synk.8762

I also find it interesting that ArenaNet obviously wants to promote this style of play over the big ‘press 1’ mobbing zerg, but hasn’t given us any tools to do so. Coordination is this game is terribly hard to do, with a lackluster chat system, small party system and rudimentary visual tools. While I agree that the idea is correct, the implementation is very, very wrong. It’s like asking us to dig a lake, then handing us shovels instead of heavy equipment.

If they’re not going to give us the tools to communicate and organize amongst ourselves, they need to find ways on their side to promote that gameplay, whether it’s corralling us into pens a la Marionette, or a buff system like what was implemented with the ButtKnights. Hell, even instancing small content like the Pavilion zones would work. You could bring a party of guildies, or just the first 5/10/15 through the gate. Regardless, one or the other, our side or theirs, needs to have the organization to support the gameplay, and it just doesn’t right now.

Posted by: Gyler.8150

Gyler.8150

If you are zerging, you are doing it wrong. Groups of less than 12 people is ideal.

Posted by: Wonderly.1324

Wonderly.1324

The truth is, even if you up the loot drops to what they originally were it still isn’t exciting. When I get a loot drop I should be EXCITED. I should feel like I just found a legendary item. When I pick up a weapon dropped from a legendary mob it should be so great that it automatically replaces anything I am currently using.

While I will affirm that your feelings and opinions are valid, I must respectfully disagree. If every drop replaced the gear I was wearing then the feeling of excitement would lose its novelty, and really nothing would feel special or hard earned or rewarding at all in the game. As it is, waiting around all day on teamspeak with TTS and playing the right-click + join game and then running successful efficient runs for hours on end will still only net you mainly greens and rares, and perhaps a few T6’s, which is only worth a thousandth of a legendary. So for those who have a legendary, a legendary should feel just that way- exclusive, rare, and special. If everything that dropped was a “legendary”, nothing would be legendary.

wingofbenu.4316

If you are zerging, you are doing it wrong. Groups of less than 12 people is ideal.

if you can get 6 groups of 12 without them all being in guilds and somehow getting an instance all to yourself, you have way more patience than I do.

Posted by: OMNIBUS.2913

OMNIBUS.2913

For me its more like dont fix what isnt broken. Queens Gauntlet was a popular and everyone seemed to like it last year. Whether it was for farming mats, or for queens gauntlet challenge. Why change something everyone liked? leave it i say lol.

Leo Paul.1659

My issue with this one is that their idea of an anti-zerging fix goes against their manifesto. Surely there could be other ways to dissuade players from mindless zerging aside from asking/praying that other players to/would go away because they will just scale the event and ruin it for everyone else?

To quote them:

If I’m out hunting and another player walks by, shouldn’t I welcome his help, rather than worrying that he’s going to steal my kills or consume all the mobs I wanted to kill? Or if I want to play with someone, shouldn’t we naturally have the same goals and objectives, rather than discovering that we’re in the same area but working on a different set of quests?

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

My issue with this one is that their idea of an anti-zerging fix goes against their manifesto. Surely there could be other ways to dissuade players from mindless zerging aside from asking/praying that other players to/would go away because they will just scale the event and ruin it for everyone else?

To quote them:

If I’m out hunting and another player walks by, shouldn’t I welcome his help, rather than worrying that he’s going to steal my kills or consume all the mobs I wanted to kill? Or if I want to play with someone, shouldn’t we naturally have the same goals and objectives, rather than discovering that we’re in the same area but working on a different set of quests?

you are still working with the other player, you just want him to work with you, not against you.

as long as the people are spread out well, and actually playing well, the scaling shouldnt be a problem, the problem is, well to be honest, they have made most world events so easy at high scales that none of the skills they wanted people to use were present.

people have pages of talk of how they AFK 1 for content, and its true, but that wasnt playing well, it was playing poorly.

Even in a zerg, if i AA on my engineer, my dmg and contribution is crappy, if i out out a fire field, and perform 2 blast finishers, i give like 20 seconds of +6 might to 5 people, and increase my own dps. point is, people been playing crappy and getting rewards for it for a lonnnng time. Problem is expecting people to actually try to play well.

Posted by: AsteriskCGY.5931

AsteriskCGY.5931

I don’t like the scaling. It’s a very abstract way of saying “get out of here, you’re not helping.” I’d rather have the hard counter from the attack on LA. It’s a clear indicator you should leave.

Posted by: jazzllanna.1278

jazzllanna.1278

I realized what is missing more than the loot- socialization. Last year everyone was having fun and talking in map chat. This year Anet made it a chore. Finish your unfun and unrewarding achievements and get out. Don’t worry about talking or having fun while you are there. Make sure you bark orders and get it done in the time allotted. Thanks Anet! Way to suck the fun out of a game and make it a chore.

Posted by: Tyreal.5230

Tyreal.5230

The truth is, even if you up the loot drops to what they originally were it still isn’t exciting. When I get a loot drop I should be EXCITED. I should feel like I just found a legendary item. When I pick up a weapon dropped from a legendary mob it should be so great that it automatically replaces anything I am currently using.

While I will affirm that your feelings and opinions are valid, I must respectfully disagree. If every drop replaced the gear I was wearing then the feeling of excitement would lose its novelty, and really nothing would feel special or hard earned or rewarding at all in the game. As it is, waiting around all day on teamspeak with TTS and playing the right-click + join game and then running successful efficient runs for hours on end will still only net you mainly greens and rares, and perhaps a few T6’s, which is only worth a thousandth of a legendary. So for those who have a legendary, a legendary should feel just that way- exclusive, rare, and special. If everything that dropped was a “legendary”, nothing would be legendary.

I’m sorry, I guess I worded wrong. However, I didn’t necessarily mean they had to be better in stats. Although I wouldn’t mind being able to drop weapons or items from a boss that spawned once a day or every few days or something. Every LS they add in new skins for black lion tickets. If they want to add in new skins, I’d rather they increased the variety of the current skins on weapons that currently drop. What I mean is, you can drop a weapon with a certain skin in queensdale then go to another map from the charr or norn area and get the exact same skin multiple times. Finding something that looks awesome seems to be the only thing fueling LSs these days. Feels like most people check dulfy for the new skins then determine right away whether or not they will bother with this LS. OR they slave through all the repetitiveness for useless achievements. Not to say there aren’t people who actually enjoy the story.

Farming an easy boss with a 40 man zerg over and over again for a few tickets to get that skin isn’t as cool as an epic fight that everyone you know has failed numerous times. A fight that you had to rethink your strategy and create an entire new build. Where you solo’d an entire dungeon and killed a dragon meant for a party of 5 then walked up to it’s corpse and looted a sword made from part of it’s body that can only be dropped if you solo’d the dungeon then your reward and fight feels much more rewarding. Not only do you have an awesome looking sword but it’s like a trophy, a badge, a real token of your achievements. Then when you say “bro, i finally got that new backpiece!” the response isn’t “how’d you get 1000 dragon wings that fast?!” or “You were up all night?” but instead “How’d you beat that?!”, “What was your build?”, “Got any tips for the final boss?”.

Then 6 months later when someone asks you, you can say “Oh yea! I got this skin from soloing blahblahblah. I was the first person to ever beat it!”. Then follow up with an entire story of how difficult it was and how you finally managed to win an impossible fight.

Guild: guildless
Elementalist: Sheva Alamarr
Guardian: Stella Alamarr

Leo Paul.1659

To quote them:

you are still working with the other player, you just want him to work with you, not against you.

At this event, you want people to work AWAY from you if you have the number of people you want already, which goes against this particularly: “If I’m out hunting and another player walks by, shouldn’t I welcome his help, rather than worrying that he’s going to steal my kills or consume all the mobs I wanted to kill?”

Posted by: Becka Williams.4978

Becka Williams.4978

I think I figured out why the pavilion has such crap drops: China. Anet, or rather, the company running Chinese GW2, doesn’t want a crap load of tier 6 mats flooding the market a week after the game goes live. So, loot was disabled. I think it’s fairly clear that China’s now running this game, and we’re second class citizens.

wingofbenu.4316

and the chinese will never notice because compared to the grindfests chinese MMOs tend to be, GW2 is merciful.

Posted by: Zylonite.5913

Zylonite.5913

The question is how much more the NA and EU going to get nerfed because of the Chinese release.

Betrayed by the gods of ANet

Posted by: Il Zo Zo lI.4350

Il Zo Zo lI.4350

The boss blitz makes me really sad. We have to pay to get nothing back? This was an event that I loved and put many hours into last time, and now I see no point in even playing at all, just to get a few crappy achievement points. It really feels like Anet has decided they don’t care about they’re loyal player base, which makes me think it may be time to move onto another MMO.

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

The festival is great overall and I am really enjoying it! Making a ton of gold and getting loads of rewards via tokens that I missed earlier.

So a BIG THANK YOU TO ANET for this festival!

The only medicore, substandard part of it is the boss blitz which is far, far worse than last year. This part was all about the rewards and without them its pointless. A lot of other players seem to agree with me ingame because its a ghost town with just a few paltry players struggling on there own to do the bosses and just repeatedly dieing over and over again. They probably want the achievement points to complete the meta.

Thankfully, I am not bothered about the achievement points and you can keep the meta reward of 1600 tokens + 1 special token because I can spend my time doing other parts of the festival which reward me 100’s of gold and probably give me 10,000+ token by the end of the event, plus load more goodies. Its also more importantly enjoyable to do, so no chore or grind!

A tip for everyone, figure out where the ‘true’ rewards are and forget the direction Anet try to point you in…

Posted by: Snaekolf.5973

Snaekolf.5973

Tonight in BB was even worse than last night. I spammed chat for help with Boom-Boom and no one ever came to help. Then, after we missed silver, everyone else got frustrated and left.

So, I paid money to get nothing at all for my efforts.

Winslow Arden – 80 – Thief
Mintari Le Voss – 80 – Mesmer
Winslow Heer – 80 – Ranger

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

It’s frustrating, because you go in not expecting it at all. Yes, you can defeat the bosses without that, but even with 2 commanders on the map, I haven’t been able to get silver level rewards, let alone gold. Yes, its good against the zerg, but if you wanted some nice leveling and farming area, you’re out of luck. Not to mention the lack of loot, which feels really sore.

The lack of normal drop loot is indeed a bit meh, though I think with the respawning nature of the adds this’d be abused again and no one would care about the bosses at all, like last year. Plus it’d crash the economy. Again.

Other than that though, I think farming is too easy in this game. Overall. I like that they’re working against it, and so long as the FGS-train and dungeon gold is intact, people cannot truly complain that it removes their farming either.

What I’d do though:

• Make adds drop loot again, including T6 mats.
  • Make adds not respawn (at all) as long as Boss Blitz is active.
The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

Posted by: NemesiS.6749

NemesiS.6749

I havent played since Dark Souls 2 came out, with the new patch i logged in to try it. First i did the pavillion thinking it was good like last time LOL, killed the 6 bosses and all i got for all that waste of time was 2 champ bags and a green LMAO, i get better loot in the mist zerg running. Seriously anet once again going backwards, the game gets worse with every patch, i haven’t log back in and have no intention to participate in this, ill log in maybe later to finish the monthly and that’s it.

Posted by: Cayenne.5341

Cayenne.5341

Im very unhappy about how the boss blitz works:
- we need to pay gold to start it
- the success / reward depends on the amount of people in the zone, which we have no control over
- the success / reward depends on our ability to organize pugs without good tools of communication
- it takes an insane amount of time in which you basically dont get loot to keep you going

this is very disappointing and and slap into our faces. it is as if the developers had never listened to us when we gave feedback to the various living story parts.

Posted by: Cayenne.5341

Cayenne.5341

The festival is great overall and I am really enjoying it! Making a ton of gold and getting loads of rewards via tokens that I missed earlier.

The only medicore, substandard part of it is the boss blitz which is far, far worse than last year. This part was all about the rewards and without them its pointless. A lot of other players seem to agree with me ingame because its a ghost town with just a few paltry players struggling on there own to do the bosses and just repeatedly dieing over and over again. They probably want the achievement points to complete the meta.

Thankfully, I am not bothered about the achievement points and you can keep the meta reward of 1600 tokens + 1 special token because I can spend my time doing other parts of the festival which reward me 100’s of gold and probably give me 10,000+ token by the end of the event, plus load more goodies. Its also more importantly enjoyable to do, so no chore or grind!

A tip for everyone, figure out where the ‘true’ rewards are and forget the direction Anet try to point you in…

How is it possible to make a ton of gold in this update and what content is it you enjoy much? Maybe i am missing things, i feel like there is barely anything to do. Or did i miss the sarcasm in it?

Posted by: Wetpaw.3487

Wetpaw.3487

It’s hard to believe you folks still being surprised by this great LS design, and how loot is distributed in this game is tied to the cash shop, like almost everything else.

JQ Druid

Posted by: NemesiS.6749

NemesiS.6749

The boss blitz makes me really sad. We have to pay to get nothing back? This was an event that I loved and put many hours into last time, and now I see no point in even playing at all, just to get a few crappy achievement points. It really feels like Anet has decided they don’t care about they’re loyal player base, which makes me think it may be time to move onto another MMO.

i have been looking for a substitute, i love GW2 and all but is getting old and with all this fail updates there really isn’t much to do. At this rate GW2 wont reach another year, they better have some news for E3 or something because what they are currently doing is not working. Sadly the other good MMOs are subscription based, or at least the ones that look decent like FF14, Wildstar (ESO sucks), makes me thing if F2P model is really viable because it seems in the end we don’t get much content, just the same old recycled and worse than before lol.

Posted by: Codename Shmo.6958

Codename Shmo.6958

Some people just don’t know when to stop. Anet is probably not going to change this event so drastically, period! It would have them work that much harder, and, not to mention, totally go against some of the players who actually like the new change. Yes, there are those players out there.

If you would like to express your opinion on how this could be changed in the future then that is totally understandable. But to say that a company, Yes I said company, should totally rethink and change part of their decision is totally and utterly unrealistic.

The REAL loyal player base, we who have been playing since Guild Wars Prophecies or earlier, is looking forward to the continuation of the REAL story. The dragons. We couldn’t care less about a gold grind that might help skin deep players get that new legendary or crap tons of gold. Come on now, you aren’t fooling anyone with these “we want more gold” posts.

(edited by Codename Shmo.6958)

Posted by: Bathos.6341

Bathos.6341

Over all, this must rank as one of the worst living world entries so far. there’s about 30 minutes content, none of which has ANY replay value. Most of it is recycled and what little is new is a change for the worse from the original events the content is coppied from.

Carighan.6758

Over all, this must rank as one of the worst living world entries so far. there’s about 30 minutes content, none of which has ANY replay value. Most of it is recycled and what little is new is a change for the worse from the original events the content is coppied from.

You got the 10 Master Crystals in 30 minutes? :o

/envy

Took my GF and me nearly 4,5 hours yesterday (yeah we probably shouldn’t have done it all in one session, I know :P), and we only found the 10th one because my GF jumped up a path near the charged crystal hand in randomly and happened to look up at the time. Really love that specific part of this LS, Bazaar’s whole idea of a non-combat-content zone is pretty good all in all.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

How is it possible to make a ton of gold in this update and what content is it you enjoy much? Maybe i am missing things, i feel like there is barely anything to do. Or did i miss the sarcasm in it?

No sarcasm at all, except for boss blitz its a awesome festival.

I would love to tell you but if I do, especially on a public forum which Anet reads it would be nerfed. I prefer to keep it to myself and enjoy….

Just explore more and use your brain…its not difficult to figure out. A good rule of thumb avoid the achievements which guide you to (largely) unrewarding activities. Remember EVERYONE virtually does the achievements so the most rewarding stuff is off the well trod path…

Posted by: Serinetempest.9027

Serinetempest.9027

I have been a firm supporter of Guild Wars 2 but now I am at a loss for words. First you screw up our community with MS ( its fine for out in the word but towns should be server base) Then have been looking forward to do the winds and pavillion events for month and I get slapped. NO LOOT. EVEN SOME FREAKIN BLUES AND GREENS WOULD BE NICE kitten!! But nothing ! So why do it ? I can just run around in maps kill things , do events, and farm nodes and make more money ………………… wait should I have said that they will take that way too. This is second strike for me one more and this long time GW player is saying bye bye. I will look for another game after 8 years ( gw1 and gw2) Good luck everyone they dont care about us all they care about is the china thing now so kitten us

MGW Guild

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

Nobody is doing anything there apart from 2-3 ppl fighting bosses in the mini-arenas 1v1 style…and the worst part is u need ppl there in order to complete the achievements in the first place.

Pure fail event as usual. Glad to see ANet lives up to expectations.

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

It’s funny to note that in light of all this, if you sit on your backside during the entire Boss Blitz, and watch other players waste their time, then after 30 minutes they will roughly have made the same amount of loot as you.

That would have been an awesome easy farming strategy, if the amount of loot wasn’t zero.

I wonder if Anet’s game designers are trying out some sort of radical new inverse-design philosophy. Players enjoy loot, so lets give them less loot. Players dislike bosses that take forever to kill, so lets make all bosses massive damage sponges. Players dislike how inferior conditions are in PVE compared to DPS, so lets give all bosses the Indomitable buff!

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

Carighan.6758

It’s funny that it seems all players cared about in regards to the Pavillion is the loot grinding.
I guess it might have been an experiment, see what the community notice more to judge their disposition. The changed and upgraded boss mechanics, or the lack of loot if you don’t organize.

I suppose the message the devs is clear, don’t do content, give us more loot instead? :P

Because really, ignore all loot for a moment. From all situations. In that scenario, the Boss Blitz is ok. The HP scales freely, which means that players have the difficult in their own control, can last anything from 5 minutes to 25 minutes but hey, we managed that with the Marionette, too!
So really, all that is “missing” is “more loot”, apparently. Because 8 champ bags + chest roll for 5 minutes isn’t enough, despite being more than what you get from champ train farming. But I understand that the amount of organization needed is what’s actually annoying people and causing these complaints, not the lack of loot. :P

And even then, that’s a very minor downside against much better boss mechanics compared to last year. If I had to pick between the two, I’d rather have no loot, because really if you need more cash in this game you’re doing something wrong. :P

Posted by: chrisgr.3849

chrisgr.3849

well say that to the ppl that start the game -lets say 3 months ago- you have ever count how much you need to make asc weapons and armors? that need alot of gold and mats to lvl up your crafting to lvl 500 on 3 jobs at least for 1 character…now if you have all classes then you goona need more than 3
we dont talk about legendary
if they dont give farm events to some ppl how they get mats or gold???…but ye i forgot…with trade gems to gold
but then again…if i need to do that then this game is another p2p game and cash shop is the king

Posted by: TPMN.1483

TPMN.1483

I like it – the new crown pavilion helps teach people to work together and not Zerg as a single mindless blob.

Last night – managed 4 gold runs, 3 silver runs (took a few silver runs- for people to see we were serious about the gold runs).

The resulting loot – for achieving gold within the 7 mins or so is how every run should be.
It is really nice to see a mechanic which encourages people to work together and split up, follow some instructions for success. It can take 45 mins to complete it as a single Zerg < 6 mins as a fully split up group into 6 zones.

More things like this should be encouraged to foster teamwork and increasing the base skill level of co-operation up a little more.

[MYTH] The Mythical Dragons -PvX http://mythdragons.enjin.com

Posted by: Kentsui.4930

Kentsui.4930

The problem with this event is not the event itself, and players are only a fraction of the problem.

What we are missing for this kind of content that requires more coordination are the proper tools to be able to monitor and complete it.
Commander tags just don’t do it properly for this one and can too easily be used to troll.

A simple improvement that could do wonders would be to display ALL the bosses life bars at the same time regardless of the zone you’re in.
So if you see a life bar that does not go down, go there !

A second one would be to have the number of players in each area displayed as well, but I doubt that is even possible.

That would be a giant step in the right direction for every player.