Marionette: Cmdrs on overflow, pavilion no

in Festival of the Four Winds

Posted by: Kajin.5301

Kajin.5301

Q:

So back in Lorna Pass living story with the Marionette weapon testing event with the lanes, we usually had one commander in each lane by time the event started, and this in most of the overflows/server mains.

My question is, why do we see so few pavilion. Blitz Gold is not hard to get, I find it easier than Marionette, and it’s good loot now with no more time waiting for spawn (not like Mario or other world bosses). So why so few commanders this time around? Don’t say it’s because of WwW S2, we’re all fatigued by it and I bet most already have their ranking locked.

Is there a diaspora of old timer players ?

I expected a lot more commanders in pavilion now with the boosted Blitz rewards.

Skysap & Qaju & Juqa -VILE- Desolation

Posted by: Blackwyn.8127

Blackwyn.8127

The funny thing is, Marionette didn’t even need Commanders. It was all automated and anything in that event could be explained directly via map chat.

Posted by: Yue.5974

Yue.5974

I personally don’t tag up when there’s no other commanders because I don’t want people to flock to the tag and overscale events and such. I’ve tried asking people to organise and split up for the event to try for gold but people just keep on zerging. Most just don’t want to listen sadly maybe because I’m not a well known commander? Anyway it sucks :/

Character Name: Yue, Rynorr Soulshielder, Rose Yuenü and 28 others xD
Guild: The Eternal Blades Of The North[EBoN]
Server: Northern Shiverpeaks

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

Marionette could be failed, I think people were a lot more willing to try “for real”. The boss blitz bronze reward is similar to failing the Marionette, but it doesn’t have the same feeling of complete failure attached. So people take the route of least effort.

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

The funny thing is, Marionette didn’t even need Commanders. It was all automated and anything in that event could be explained directly via map chat.

You could here as well. Only 3 sentences are actually needed.

‘Split into 6 groups’
‘Kill turret’
‘Throw seed to distract birds’

The last 2 could be summed up with ‘read the boss description’

Posted by: Kajin.5301

Kajin.5301

You could here as well. Only 3 sentences are actually needed.

‘Split into 6 groups’
‘Kill turret’
‘Throw seed to distract birds’

The last 2 could be summed up with ‘read the boss description’

You said it well. Only those 3 lines sump up the needed tactic for players to learn. Whereas for marionette you’d have to to type out all the tactics of each warden, multiple times. Further, the queen pavilion 6 bosses aren’t even new. Only new thing is the turret omnipotence that requires to take it out. I don’t even remember if there was a turret 9months ago. I just remember the bomb knockback spam of it.

I don’t see as many players in the domes above either. So the only thing that comes to my mind is Zephyrites sanctum, does it take away too many players off for a proper Blitz on the majority of the Queen Pavilions?

Skysap & Qaju & Juqa -VILE- Desolation

Posted by: Ilium.3160

Ilium.3160

There does seem to be more players at the sanctum, and that is where I spend most of my time. The main reason why I’m there is that I need an amazing amount of tokens to get all of the rewards I want, the pavilion is just depressing, and you actually get rewarded for your time and effort at the sanctum.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

The answer is very simple. Marionette was fun (even if it had some flawed mechanics). Pavillon is not fun.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Barabbas.8715

Barabbas.8715

The answer is very simple. Marionette was fun (even if it had some flawed mechanics). Pavillon is not fun.

You’re 100% wrong. The marionette battle literally forced the zerg to split or fail the event VERY quickly, same with the Watch Knights pretty much. The Pavilion doesn’t do that. Also the Pavilion would be fun if people would stop zerging and turning the boss battles into 10 minute bore fests.

Posted by: Zanshin.5379

Zanshin.5379

In one word: megaservers.

Posted by: Sekai.2987

Sekai.2987

You’re 100% wrong. The marionette battle literally forced the zerg to split or fail the event VERY quickly, same with the Watch Knights pretty much. The Pavilion doesn’t do that. Also the Pavilion would be fun if people would stop zerging and turning the boss battles into 10 minute bore fests.

thats the problem here , the zerg dont split because it knows it willl get bronze reward no matter what , IF it would fail , then more people maybe would listen to mapchat , maybe..

and still, i hate it that anet whats to force organized contet on random zergs….i DO WANT organized hard contetn INSTANCED for my guild or group i selected beforehand but i DO NOT WANT organized hard contet with randoms,pvt, i play the way i want, i dont know what the kitten i do people

i mean in every game i played before you had to form a group (from 5 to xx size) before you started an organized content, you choose who you played with…and here , here anets force me to play with random people that are to stupid to listen to simpel things as “dmg stop”…

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

I think some of these Pavilion bosses are fun but it’s impossible to get the right number of people. I had over 15 minutes of fun earlier tonight dodging around Wiggin until the enough people showed but then the zerg arrived and the lag made it impossible to dodge anything.

Posted by: Pandaman.4758

Pandaman.4758

The pavilion should either have enforced splitting like the Marionette or Tricolor Knights fights, or it should have enforced failure conditions.

10 minutes to get gold, 20 minutes to get silver, 30 minutes to get bronze, anything after that is a reset; given each boss takes at least ten minutes, this will encourage splitting to some degree and also discourage people from randomly donating for an early start.

Posted by: CuRtoKy.8576

CuRtoKy.8576

Simple. Marionette rewards were much better than Boss Blitz before the patch. On top of that it wasn’t a gold sink to start it.

Posted by: Barabbas.8715

Barabbas.8715

The pavilion should either have enforced splitting like the Marionette or Tricolor Knights fights, or it should have enforced failure conditions.

10 minutes to get gold, 20 minutes to get silver, 30 minutes to get bronze, anything after that is a reset; given each boss takes at least ten minutes, this will encourage splitting to some degree and also discourage people from randomly donating for an early start.

Finally someone gets it.

Posted by: Frotee.2634

Frotee.2634

Marionette also made it
1. very obvious you had to split and
2. very easy to count how many people you had in each lane (thereby making it much, much easier to split people up properly.
In the pavilion, people (who are not just ‘farming’ areas to get 50 kills in each) will just congregate in the center, then follow the group. The design of the pavilion just doesn’t lend itself to intuitively splitting people up into equal sized groups – combined with the fact that zerging was perfectly fine (and profitable) last year.

Polka will never die

Posted by: Steel Fenrir.2791

Steel Fenrir.2791

We can somehow organize like in the Marionette event. We can stand on the gates for the boss you would like to kill. For example, if you want to go kill Boom Boom Baines, stand in the north east gate, and if you want to go kill Wiggin, stand in the south west gate so we can have a group count. We need to “condition” people to do this. We dont have the physical barriers we had as “lanes” in the Marionette event and not all times we have 6 tags. Ofcourse some (if not most) people don’t have initiative to go to the gates, but if we make this a ‘trend’, an SOP, if we condition people to do this, we might have a better chance at this. For those who realize this, endure, and be patient, the zerg will learn. Also it helps to try to be nice. Nobody likes to follow someone who makes others look like they’re fools.

Posted by: chronometria.3708

chronometria.3708

Commanders tend to be people who consider -

1. The big picture – why are we doing X?
2. The task – how do we achieve X?
3. The outcome – What does achieving X do for us?

These are exactly the sort of people who realised that…

1. The boss blitz has no real meaning.
2. The boss blitz requires organisation but the tools to do it are crude or not present.
3. The boss blitz rewards still suck and chaos of lyssa, the big reward, isn’t part of it.

Basically, commanders realised very early on that they had better things to do and were followed about a minute later in this realisation by most of the playerbase.

(edited by chronometria.3708)

Steel Fenrir.2791

Let’s all try this, staying at the gates or near the gates, even without the help of commander tags.

Attachments:

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

everyone who want to do the event is waiting on taxi, or people just give up and do Labyrinth event for token.

Marionette is a bit different, since it is on a timer, and it is the only event during that living story.

And Marionette make it obvious you need to split in to the lanes.

Steel Fenrir.2791

Actually if you have a good map going, that is, the members of the individual kill squads learned how to kill the bosses quickly or got used to killing a particular boss, you can abuse the timer. :O Even with PUGs, believe me.

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

the issue isnt before the boss fights, but during/after…and people zerging to the boss thats still alive… because they “want to kill things” ………..

Steel Fenrir.2791

@Taygus, they could join at the very last moment, at the burn period, but of course, not all people are professional soldiers in real life, so some might not follow the general consensus of the map. Maybe you can tell people to wait? I don’t know, but we can try and if that fails, we need to think of another way. Maybe constantly say people to wait at mid and then say they can join when it’s 10%? I know it sounds unfair for the others who did the work of killing the boss, but if that would help more than letting them build a zerg (and scaling up the boss), then let’s try it. We need to be noisy that people should wait, or go form a group to kill an open boss fight. Noisy but not rude, I’m guilty of being rude sometimes lol.

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

Actually if you have a good map going, that is, the members of the individual kill squads learned how to kill the bosses quickly or got used to killing a particular boss, you can abuse the timer. :O Even with PUGs, believe me.

Ok, so try to join random maps solo. Try to make an impact and let me know how you did.

Open world raid works fine if there’s no megaserver. Since people are “forced” to get organized. With megaserver, everyone will just try to get on the “good maps”.

(edited by laokoko.7403)