Compensation for getting reset to level 30?

in Fractured

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

I would personally love to see those that, for example, maxed out Fractals to get a little something for their troubles. A title, for example, and maybe a unique clothing skin that could be comical (“all I got was this lousy t-shirt” style) or not. They earned some recognition. (No, I’m not one of them. )

#TeamJadeQuarry

in Fractured

Posted by: Cyclonite.5786

Cyclonite.5786

I am willing to bet that the reason high level fractal players are being screwed is because they are a small percentage of the population but also don’t buy a lot of gems. Anet has probably even realized that losing most or all of these customers won’t hurt their profits but may even help them. Think about it, the fractal entry point and progression is being made easier so they can bring in more newcomers which = more profits. The fractal veterans are made up mostly of hardcore gamers and we all know most hard core gamers use the most bandwidth and put very little real money into games. This move is a win-win for Anet.

Is this real? Is this a real theory that people have?

I don’t know if anyone else thinks this but I certainly do, why else would they not compensate the fractal veterans? Because they aren’t profitable customers and they are hoping they leave. I’m sure that decision came from high up in Anet/NCSOFT behind closed doors.

in Fractured

Posted by: Patrikan Habaton.2548

Patrikan Habaton.2548

If you think people made it to 80 by not using exploits(things that where removed or changed latter) at all when fotm first came out you make me laugh. Fact they made it so you have to face a boss with global agony at end with update probly means you cant advance without the AR now.

that’s the diffrence I don’t think I KNOW: A Group that made it to 70 at least with using no rez orbs or 99% rez or other things they did it with an extra gear with full on Healpower a necro that survived with deathshrowed while Guardians healed up with book and ele used aoe rez and heal as well. So were able to survive global agony I know it if you laugh you laugh because you haven’t played it back than. You could avoid the global agony legit… I didn’t do it I know a Group that did it. if you want proofe go search the old threads that were made back than. The agony siginificantly changed with the january realese. But I and those ppl did it Prior.

first scale 81 fractals

in Fractured

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

If you think people made it to 80 by not using exploits(things that where removed or changed latter) at all when fotm first came out you make me laugh. Fact they made it so you have to face a boss with global agony at end with update probly means you cant advance without the AR now.

that’s the diffrence I don’t think I KNOW: A Group that made it to 70 at least with using no rez orbs or 99% rez or other things they did it with an extra gear with full on Healpower a necro that survived with deathshrowed while Guardians healed up with book and ele used aoe rez and heal as well. So were able to survive global agony I know it if you laugh you laugh because you haven’t played it back than. You could avoid the global agony legit… I didn’t do it I know a Group that did it. if you want proofe go search the old threads that were made back than. The agony siginificantly changed with the january realese. But I and those ppl did it Prior.

they did alter all those methods like deathshroud, search and rescue, etc from what i vaguely remember though. So even if it was legit at the time, they stopped people from doing it.

in Fractured

Patrikan Habaton.2548

they did alter all those methods like deathshroud, search and rescue, etc from what i vaguely remember though. So even if it was legit at the time, they stopped people from doing it.

true that but if you got it legit at that time it’s no Argument to say you never am supposed to get there because at the time they were released you were supposed to get as high as you can And still anet never ever posted what they think is the cap on fractals or what is the cap… They can do a HARDCAP wich is currently at 80, so they could have done it at 50.. not doing so is implieing that they wouldn’t care if ppl get higher.

first scale 81 fractals

in Fractured

Posted by: Master Yi.6129

Master Yi.6129

Nobody here is grateful that they’re not getting banned for exploiting? Odd. I thought that having more fractal experience would be a boon here.

in Fractured

Posted by: Kilandros.2098

Kilandros.2098

true that but if you got it legit at that time it’s no Argument to say you never am supposed to get there because at the time they were released you were supposed to get as high as you can And still anet never ever posted what they think is the cap on fractals or what is the cap… They can do a HARDCAP wich is currently at 80, so they could have done it at 50.. not doing so is implieing that they wouldn’t care if ppl get higher.

The fact that you have to argue so hard to show that you earned those levels legitimately doesn’t bode well for the subsequent argument that you should be entitled to keep those levels.

in Fractured

Patrikan Habaton.2548

The fact that you have to argue so hard to show that you earned those levels legitimately doesn’t bode well for the subsequent argument that you should be entitled to keep those levels.

OK let’s just delete all your Gold Karma items you have on your account just resett all things too Zero… you’d be ok with that? just you and about 200 other People reset completly to Zero your ok? If yes I see you really don’t care if noo

well see you can’t argue against it if you argue against it you only Show your entitlement to Keep those things..

I don’t get why ppl use such arguments and even think they are good.

first scale 81 fractals

in Fractured

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

OK let’s just delete all your Gold Karma items you have on your account just resett all things too Zero… you’d be ok with that? just you and about 200 other People reset completly to Zero your ok? If yes I see you really don’t care if noo

well see you can’t argue against it if you argue against it you only Show your entitlement to Keep those things..

You’re comparing apples and crocodiles here. You’re talking about removing “physical” items from players, which ANet isn’t doing with the Fractals changes, vs removing a simple pointer to which level of difficulty you have access to. You’re comparing deleting something “real” to deleting a concept.

(I used quotes because, obviously, it’s all nothing more than data. None of this actually exists. It’s good to remind yourselves of that once in awhile.)

#TeamJadeQuarry

in Fractured

Kilandros.2098

lol

in Fractured

Patrikan Habaton.2548

what if they just delete your Gold and Karma it is no item it is just a number so you can compare it. and btw I worked hard to get the 10k Karma buff from fractals still they delete your Gold and Karma it’s just a number it’s the same as fractal Level just a number . I can use my number to get 10k Karma each run you can use yours to buy things? no diffrence there a diffrent use but in the end it’s the same:)

first scale 81 fractals

(edited by Patrikan Habaton.2548)

in Fractured

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

Killing Bowser in World 8-4 of Super Mario Bros. does not mean you should now be able to start in Wart’s Castle in Super Mario Bros. 2.

Levels 30-80 were the last game. Now that the new game is here (new levels 30-50) your previous progress in the old game is no longer relevant.

I get it, ArenaNet screwed up with the way they handled Fractals in the past (just like how they handled Magic Find). They decided on a way to fix it, and that fix is not sitting well with you because your prestige is being removed. I spent a lot of time getting full MF suits for my farming toons, and the MF fix made that progress meaningless (I didn’t need extra sets of armor and I couldn’t even sell them). I didn’t complain though, because the new system was better.

Based on the explanations given so far, I’d say the new Fractal system is better as well. Enjoy the rewards of your expiring PRL today and get ready for an even better tomorrow.

Server: Devona’s Rest

in Fractured

Kilandros.2098

what if they just delete your Gold and Karma it is no item it is just a number so you can compare it. and btw I worked hard to get the 10k Karma buff from fractals still they delete your Gold and Karma it’s just a number it’s the same as fractal Level just a number . I can use my number to get 10k Karma each run you can use yours to buy things? no diffrence there a diffrent use but in the end it’s the same:)

They actually nerfed karma acquisition and changed the way gold find works though. Like Fractals, they changed the process by which those two things are acquired. Your comparison actually weakens your argument.

in Fractured

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

Nobody here is grateful that they’re not getting banned for exploiting? Odd. I thought that having more fractal experience would be a boon here.

And now you guys want us banned? Is nothing enough for you?

Killing Bowser in World 8-4 of Super Mario Bros. does not mean you should now be able to start in Wart’s Castle in Super Mario Bros. 2.

Levels 30-80 were the last game. Now that the new game is here (new levels 30-50) your previous progress in the old game is no longer relevant.

I get it, ArenaNet screwed up with the way they handled Fractals in the past (just like how they handled Magic Find). They decided on a way to fix it, and that fix is not sitting well with you because your prestige is being removed. I spent a lot of time getting full MF suits for my farming toons, and the MF fix made that progress meaningless (I didn’t need extra sets of armor and I couldn’t even sell them). I didn’t complain though, because the new system was better.

Based on the explanations given so far, I’d say the new Fractal system is better as well. Enjoy the rewards of your expiring PRL today and get ready for an even better tomorrow.

More like you have played through “normal” difficulty to unlock “hard” difficulty. Developers change something in the game and instead of being able to continue on “hard” difficulty you first have to redo “normal” difficulty. And then start “hard” from scratch.

Why shouldn’t you be able to continue on “hard” and go back to “normal” if needed?

(edited by Wethospu.6437)

in Fractured

Patrikan Habaton.2548

They actually nerfed karma acquisition and changed the way gold find works though. Like Fractals, they changed the process by which those two things are acquired. Your comparison actually weakens your argument.

1 Point for you still doesn’t explain why you would care about those numbers? I mean your numbers give you Access to items my numbers give me acess to items and content … my numbers even are more valuable:)

first scale 81 fractals

in Fractured

mtpelion.4562

More like you have played through “normal” difficulty to unlock “hard” difficulty. Developers change something in the game and instead of being able to continue on “hard” difficulty you first have to redo “normal” difficulty. And then start “hard” from scratch.

Why shouldn’t you be able to continue on “hard” and go back to “normal” if needed?

They changed where “hard” starts, so you aren’t redoing anything. Levels 30-80 are gone, and new levels 30-50 are available. You’ve never done these levels 30-50 before so you are starting “hard” on day one.

in Fractured

Posted by: Konu.1826

Konu.1826

They changed where “hard” starts, so you aren’t redoing anything. Levels 30-80 are gone, and new levels 30-50 are available. You’ve never done these levels 30-50 before so you are starting “hard” on day one.

As I posted in another thread. Do you think Anet will first say “kitten you” to people with the experience on the harder end of fractals and then implement something newer players have difficulties getting in?

in Fractured

Wethospu.6437

I have reached “hard”. I have to replay “normal”. What would you call that if not “redoing”?
I really doubt new 30 is going to equal old 80 so new 30 definitely isn’t my “hard”.

in Fractured

mtpelion.4562

As I posted in another thread. Do you think Anet will first say “kitten you” to people with the experience on the harder end of fractals and then implement something newer players have difficulties getting in?

They have also changed how “hard” is determined.
Right now, “hard” simply means “more agony”. It isn’t really harder, it just forces you to grind more and memorize the content.

They have indicated that they are revamping the challenge starting at level 30 so that the difficulty comes from both agony and some new metric.

in Fractured

Posted by: Konu.1826

Konu.1826

Are you really telling me that agony ticking for more is the thing making higher levels more challenging? I thought it was generally agreed it is mostly a gear check with a hint of “coordinated heals might get you through”. So mobs are the same all the way?

in Fractured

Wethospu.6437

They have also changed how “hard” is determined.
Right now, “hard” simply means “more agony”. It isn’t really harder, it just forces you to grind more and memorize the content.

They have indicated that they are revamping the challenge starting at level 30 so that the difficulty comes from both agony and some new metric.

I don’t really care about scenery or how game feels like. I care about the difficulty. No matter how you define new “hard” it is either easier, harder or equal than current “hard” (current scale 80). I have grinded easier difficulty (current scale 1-79) to reach harder difficulty. If I after patch have to replay easier difficulty to reach back my previous difficulty (if even available) of course I will be annoyed.

in Fractured

Patrikan Habaton.2548

normaly if there is an hardmode you unluck it with playing through the normal mode so why they don’t implement it after 80 wich was the normal mode for fractals ? Just go to 80 and than you start again from 0 in they’re hard mode:) it makes no sence going to 30 ( leaderboards are no Argument since they don’t start at 0 for equality )

first scale 81 fractals

in Fractured

Kilandros.2098

Are you really telling me that agony ticking for more is the thing making higher levels more challenging? I thought it was generally agreed it is mostly a gear check with a hint of “coordinated heals might get you through”. So mobs are the same all the way?

Exactly. Lol at 50+ being “hard.” It’s no harder than putting together the right group and knowing the loopholes.

Unless of course he’s trying to say that “Hard” can be defined simply as “time consuming,” in which case even Champ farming could be defined as “hard.”

in Fractured

Posted by: JMar.3254

JMar.3254

Exactly. Lol at 50+ being “hard.” It’s no harder than putting together the right group and knowing the loopholes.

Unless of course he’s trying to say that “Hard” can be defined simply as “time consuming,” in which case even Champ farming could be defined as “hard.”

If it’s not hard, then why should instabilities be set at 30 rather than 50? I mean…. it’s not hard, so anybody can level up to 50 in no time at all.

You get nothing! You lose, good day sir!

in Fractured

Posted by: Therodin.2970

Therodin.2970

" That content wasn’t hard, all you needed to do was to get a specific group of people together and then learn all the boss mechanics since most of there attacks one hit you"

in Fractured

Posted by: Therodin.2970

Therodin.2970

If the point that your claiming was never made was that 30-49 is easy, that was made earlier

in Fractured

Kilandros.2098

If the point that your claiming was never made was that 30-49 is easy, that was made earlier

Here, let me help you work through this:

Me: 50+ is not hard; it is only time consuming.

Him: Well why not start instabilities at 50+? (Non-responsive).

I do not attribute to myself what others have said. They do not speak for me, nor I for them.

in Fractured

JMar.3254

Also, you said this “Exactly. Lol at 50+ being “hard.” It’s no harder than putting together the right group and knowing the loopholes.” So yeah…. logic is hard

in Fractured

Posted by: Fafnir.5124

Fafnir.5124

easy cause you won’t have the AR to do 50+ with new update so even if you are that level you won’t be able to survie the run at all

in Fractured

Posted by: IceVyper.6810

IceVyper.6810

This thread has been taken to a completely wrong direction.

The original idea was for people loosing their progress, to voice their opinions and suggest what would be an acceptable compensation and hope that the developers will see it and do something about it.

However it has become players convincing other players why such compensation is deserved…

in Fractured

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

All I can say is that if such a compensation were to be granted, it should never be something unique that can’t be obtained any other way.

When you add unique rewards for doing something unexpected, they must stay. Like Legendary Defender of Ascalon stayed after being added when people managed to get to level 20 in pre-Searing ascalon.

Those levels are being removed, replaced by new forms of difficulty and variations, and there was no previous warning about it, so they can’t have unique rewards. Any reward for getting to them would have to be something that other players can still get, like a miniature from series 2.

And never something you’ll get from the new content, like a title for reaching level 50 in the new fractals, as the new 50 can’t be compared to the old.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

in Fractured

Posted by: Protoavis.9107

Protoavis.9107

Don’t even think about knowing what we felt when we did fractals or know what reasons we have to do so and the rewards they didn’t even make up for the rez orbs we had to use all 2 Levels to advance to kill maw. so no rewards no challenge tell me what was my reward now?

The fact you had to use a cash shop item to advance, aka what pay to win tends to mean, probably should have indicated that maybe what you were playing wasn’t intended.

All I can say is that if such a compensation were to be granted, it should never be something unique that can’t be obtained any other way.

When you add unique rewards for doing something unexpected, they must stay. Like Legendary Defender of Ascalon stayed after being added when people managed to get to level 20 in pre-Searing ascalon.

Those levels are being removed, replaced by new forms of difficulty and variations, and there was no previous warning about it, so they can’t have unique rewards. Any reward for getting to them would have to be something that other players can still get, like a miniature from series 2.

And never something you’ll get from the new content, like a title for reaching level 50 in the new fractals, as the new 50 can’t be compared to the old.

agreed

Let us buy vendor mats (eg spools of thread) in 250 stacks, end the excessive clicking.

(edited by Protoavis.9107)

in Fractured

Wethospu.6437

Would you really be so bitter if we got something like a title?

Now I see why people are so much against this. Extremely selfish, but understandable.

in Fractured

Posted by: SkyChef.5432

SkyChef.5432

When people support that your equity could be taken away at will, w/o compensation, there isn’t anything to discuss anymore.

People are too serious of their knowledge.

(edited by SkyChef.5432)

in Fractured

IceVyper.6810

When people support that your equity could be taken away at will, w/o compensation, there isn’t anything to discuss anymore.

Sadly this is very true…

in Fractured

Posted by: Sinbold.8723

Sinbold.8723

For those asking for some sort of compensation for lost FotM levels- have you read or did you follow the posts when people were complaining about the change in magic find gear? Many of the comments were similar to what I’ve read here. Anet offered no compensation to people who had several sets of armor & weapons, including MF armor & weapons.

“Oh, but you could change the stats to whatever you wanted after the patch, so you DID get something!” Many people already had everything anyway, so a duplicate set wasn’t going to do them any good. And recall the ambiguous language used regarding “account bound”? If Anet is going to reply to your satisfaction, you can bet that in order to avoid the same mess in this situation, any answer is going to be reviewed by all the devs involved before it gets posted.

As someone who spent time, money, and materials on MF armor, weapons, and trinkets (but only to solo farm, as I did not like the lost stat while in dungeons), I feel your pain. But don’t hold your breath waiting for compensation, cuz it ain’t hapnin’! Can you imaging the poo-storm from those people if high ranked FotM players got some sort of compensation?

in Fractured

Posted by: Bagel.4598

Bagel.4598

For those asking for some sort of compensation for lost FotM levels- have you read or did you follow the posts when people were complaining about the change in magic find gear? Many of the comments were similar to what I’ve read here. Anet offered no compensation to people who had several sets of armor & weapons, including MF armor & weapons.

“Oh, but you could change the stats to whatever you wanted after the patch, so you DID get something!” Many people already had everything anyway, so a duplicate set wasn’t going to do them any good. And recall the ambiguous language used regarding “account bound”? If Anet is going to reply to your satisfaction, you can bet that in order to avoid the same mess in this situation, any answer is going to be reviewed by all the devs involved before it gets posted.

As someone who spent time, money, and materials on MF armor, weapons, and trinkets (but only to solo farm, as I did not like the lost stat while in dungeons), I feel your pain. But don’t hold your breath waiting for compensation, cuz it ain’t hapnin’! Can you imaging the poo-storm from those people if high ranked FotM players got some sort of compensation?

You just contradicted yourself and reinforced what everyone is saying.
There WAS compensation. Regardless of if it suited everyone or not is irrelevant.
There is no compensation here whatsoever, not even an offering.
Magic find was changed for the better, removed a wasted stat from the game and everyone still had gear out of it, salvaged or kept.

This is about a game where content was made available to players, time and money both virtual and real was put in to this content as players pushed the limits.
If Anet did not want people progressing past 50, they should have put a cap @ 50. Not made it more challenging to get past it (isn’t that the idea?).
Now that Anet have changed their minds, as they do so frequently you never know where this game is headed, they’ve made all that time and resource a complete waste, and THAT is not ok.
A simple and expected progression could have just been to bring in ascended armour with more infusion slots for AR, introduce their gambits and new rewards.
Done.
There is no need for leader boards, changing level numbers or making items easier to acquire for those who just want the cool stuff but don’t want to do the work.
Fractals was supposed to be high end PvE, and once again they’re doing more harm than good (In my opinion) with half of this update.
If this isn’t resolved, when they revamp pvp I expect everyone’s rank be brought down too.
But hey, that would be unfair, right?

in Fractured

Patrikan Habaton.2548

… ok you can have the fractals scale 81 reward or titel that is unique if you do the same I did complet all fractals from 0- scale 80 with max 20 AR reistance in 1 1/2 months… do the same get the same reward sounds simple:)

and sure we should get a unique reward the pvp community got they’re unique titles as well. and I tell you I didn’t knew about em I would have farmed some more qualification Points If I knew.. but hey in the end I just think they deserve it it was they’re game mode I would have enjoyed such a title but I wasn’t that into pvp at that time so I don’t deserve it nooo way I go cry and say heeey Anet I now won as many rated games as they did Award me a Champion of the Arena as well… sure we deserve somthing unique everything else can’t make up for it.. or they can say others get the title as well as soon as they are scale 80 would be fine for me:) but you Need to be Aware you will Need to do the same an completing scale 80 might never ever be possible again… so here goes your Chance:)

first scale 81 fractals

in Fractured

Posted by: Protoavis.9107

Protoavis.9107

There WAS compensation. Regardless of if it suited everyone or not is irrelevant.
Magic find was changed for the better, removed a wasted stat from the game and everyone still had gear out of it, salvaged or kept.

It’s only a contradiction if you feel that my personally giving you 4 ecto’s (ie what the useless gear I got turned into when salvaged) is inadequate compensation. If I send you 4 ecto’s in game right now, would you cease posting on this topic? No? Previous poster isn’t contradicting themselves then.

Fractals are being changed for the better too…

Let us buy vendor mats (eg spools of thread) in 250 stacks, end the excessive clicking.

in Fractured

Patrikan Habaton.2548

It’s only a contradiction if you feel that my personally giving you 4 ecto’s (ie what the useless gear I got turned into when salvaged) is inadequate compensation. If I send you 4 ecto’s in game right now, you you cease posting on this topic? No? Previous poster isn’t contradicting themselves then.

how Long did you get for getting the mf gear? did you farm it? or did you buy it ? what have you payed for the gear?

first scale 81 fractals

in Fractured

Posted by: Bagel.4598

Bagel.4598

It’s only a contradiction if you feel that my personally giving you 4 ecto’s (ie what the useless gear I got turned into when salvaged) is inadequate compensation. If I send you 4 ecto’s in game right now, would you cease posting on this topic? No? Previous poster isn’t contradicting themselves then.

Having the opportunity to reselect stats on your armour instead of Anet deleting your armour would be the equivalent to you offering me service in hours based on my gameplay instead of effectively deleting that time invested, not giving me 4 ectos.
Compare apples to apples or don’t compare.
Compensation vs no compensation. I choose compensation.

(edited by Bagel.4598)

in Fractured

IceVyper.6810

I think that is is very unfair to compare the magic find changes to the fractal reset.

Getting a full exotic magic find set was quite easy – either by playing COE a few times, or buying it off the TP for a few gold. As someone who had full exotic magic find armor, trinkets and weapons on my necro, I can say that the stat itself worked pretty badly and it also made me completely useless to any party I joined.

The new chage affected the entire community in a positive way:

1) People didn’t have to sacrifice a useful stat just to have higher magic find
2) There were no more leechers in dungeon parties that were picking up loot while the other players were doing all the work
3) The new account wide magic find worked significantly better than the old one. Currently, with my 121% I recieve far better loot on all my characters compared to my 300% necro back in the day.
4) People could pick completely new stats for their former magic find items and thus end up with armor far more valuable than what they had before. Not to mention that most ended up with a set of the updated Runes of the Traveler that are worth 8 gold a piece.
5) Finally it also gave use to the blue and green items that people were just vendoring and helped many players max out their “Agent of Entropy”.

Overall the only people that can complain are the ones that crafted celestial items. But I doubt it that magic find was the primary reason to go for those items. Also, increasing the value of the remaining stats would create an imbalance compared to the other stat combination armors.

Also, let’s not forget that the people who cared for magic find are the farmers, and they farmed the hell out of the Scarlet invasions, saved hundreds of champion boxes to open after the magic find update and thus could start off with a pretty high percentage. I myself, after doing invasions with regular armor, and saving a fraction of the boxes, could start off with over 70% magic find and a banktab full of bloodstone dust.

To sum up, reworking the magic find that required no skill to acquire affected everyone in a positive way and substitutes were offered to everyone.

Resetting people back to lvl 30 in fractals and making the hours of leveling alts useless, affects only part of the PVE community (coincidently the most dedicated players) and till now no compensation has been mentioned.

As with the magic find rework, the new fractals will have many positive aspects to offer. I do not doubt that and only a few people are stronly opposing the change. All we want is to know how Arena net plans to compensate us for the lost equity.

(edited by IceVyper.6810)

in Fractured

JMar.3254

Attachments:

in Fractured

Posted by: Manuhell.2759

Manuhell.2759

Actually, there was no compensation for celestial items. They just lost their magic find stat.

And no one cared about it.

in Fractured

JMar.3254

Actually, there was no compensation for celestial items. They just lost their magic find stat.

I didn’t care because I didn’t have crappy celestial gear. However, if they would have given them compensation, I would not have been as angry as some people here calling people entitled and selfish.

in Fractured

Patrikan Habaton.2548

ok just remove the old fractals and let my reawrd Level stay this is basicaly what they did with the cele gear.. I woulnd’t care if they would do this.. but instead they delete my celestical gear and say craft a new one with the loss of mf:)

first scale 81 fractals

in Fractured

Manuhell.2759

ok just remove the old fractals and let my reawrd Level stay this is basicaly what they did with the cele gear.. I woulnd’t care if they would do this.. but instead they delete my celestical gear and say craft a new one with the loss of mf:)

If we want to compare the two situation, considering the loss of the stat of the items is due of the change of the magic find stat, then they’re dealing with it exactly at the same way.
Magic find isn’t there anymore -> let’s remove it from celestials (and reset the other items cause they’re useless otherwise).
Old fractals aren’t there anymore -> let’s remove all the levels 30+ (since the new ones start at 30).

The logic applied in the two situation is basically the same.
One could dispute why they start at 30 (and thus why they resetted to 30) instead of some other level, and that would be perfectely fine. I admit that the leaderboard explanation doesn’t sound too convincing.
And imho they probably had some metric about the average fractal level and they had seen that the majority was around level 30, so they decided to put it as a starting point for the new content.

Still, if we must still talk about a compensation involved, the matter isn’t as simple as the magic find one. We’ve got far more different situations involved here. They should account for people with high fractal levels, people with high fractal levels that weren’t even intended by them, people with multiple char with levels over 30, or even people with char levelled over 30 and some other char with lesser levels.
I’m not surprised they just decided to not give anything. Any choice would have enraged someone else.

in Fractured

Patrikan Habaton.2548

If we want to compare the two situation, considering the loss of the stat of the items is due of the change of the magic find stat, then they’re dealing with it exactly at the same way.
Magic find isn’t there anymore -> let’s remove it from celestials (and reset the other items cause they’re useless otherwise).
Old fractals aren’t there anymore -> let’s remove all the levels 30+ (since the new ones start at 30).

The logic applied in the two situation is basically the same.
One could dispute why they start at 30 (and thus why they resetted to 30) instead of some other level, and that would be perfectely fine. I admit that the leaderboard explanation doesn’t sound too convincing.
And imho they probably had some metric about the average fractal level and they had seen that the majority was around level 30, so they decided to put it as a starting point for the new content.

Still, if we must still talk about a compensation involved, the matter isn’t as simple as the magic find one. We’ve got far more different situations involved here. They should account for people with high fractal levels, people with high fractal levels that weren’t even intended by them, people with multiple char with levels over 30, or even people with char levelled over 30 and some other char with lesser levels.
I’m not surprised they just decided to not give anything. Any choice would have enraged someone else.

they could go a simple way as they did when they offended the pvp community with the QP affaire… just give titles now you may ask how would they give it fair: I’d say everyone is ok if they get titles for every new 10 lvls they achieved so for 40, 50, 60, 70,80 .. Now ppl may come and say it’s not alt friendly … easy solution make the titles Souldbound… only My ele can use the lvl 80 fractal legend nobody else… if they have multiple chars they can use it only on the char they aquired the old Level… it would be so easy… I’m not a designer and can come up with this idea in few seconds.

first scale 81 fractals

in Fractured

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

This is about a game where content was made available to players, time and money both virtual and real was put in to this content as players pushed the limits.
If Anet did not want people progressing past 50, they should have put a cap @ 50. Not made it more challenging to get past it (isn’t that the idea?).
Now that Anet have changed their minds, as they do so frequently you never know where this game is headed, they’ve made all that time and resource a complete waste, and THAT is not ok.
A simple and expected progression could have just been to bring in ascended armour with more infusion slots for AR, introduce their gambits and new rewards.
Done.
There is no need for leader boards, changing level numbers or making items easier to acquire for those who just want the cool stuff but don’t want to do the work.
Fractals was supposed to be high end PvE, and once again they’re doing more harm than good (In my opinion) with half of this update.
If this isn’t resolved, when they revamp pvp I expect everyone’s rank be brought down too.
But hey, that would be unfair, right?

they actually made it impossible to get past 50, without buddying up with someone who already beat it before the fixes.

Essentially they made a change, but they werent sure they wanted to wipe the people who were at 80. The new system which was meant to make fractals more friendly and be able to have teams form more easily, was then used to work people up past the unpassable fractals. Many of the level 79 people have never beat many of the even number fractals.

So yeah, they basically worked around a hard limitation, that only works because it was for the best of the majority that they be able to play with whoever wanted to do a fractal as long as they were willing.

also, it is arguable whether they have made anything easier. They have removed the mechanical difficulty, and replaced it with a less mechanical difficulty.

The current high level Fractals difficulty is based around requiring you to play with less errors, for a longer time period.
This is like, say in basketball, judging your success by how many shots you can hit in a row. It is testing your skill, but in a very specific and limited fashion

the new fractals is trying to move more to the difficulty of, how many shots can you score in 20 minutes while this guy is defending you.

While mechanically the second is easier, because some people who only can hit 50% of their shots can win, it is actually in some ways more difficult, because you have a defender, you have to move around, etc. The second may be more forgiving, but its actually a whole different type of difficulty.

Point is they are trying to move to a form of difficulty that has more meaning than just playing perfectly, and is more interesting to many people. I believe they can add some more of the perfect play type stuff, but they should do it differently.

As far as the pvp rank reset, pretty sure they are considering that, and i hear many people actually want them to do it, because they feel the old pvp rank represented the wrong things, and at some points were achieved in ways were not intended by developers.

The honest truth is the change makes perfect sense, and if the new instabilities represent a new and different type of difficulty, it would make sense to set peoples level to the new game mode. However, i do believe they could have been more creative with their solutions, and they probably should have created a bring people up easily system rather than a put people down easily system, although the result is the same, the perception is a bit different. It would also have been odd, and a bit unwieldly, but sometimes you have to use less than elegant solutions to real situations.`

in Fractured

Manuhell.2759

they could go a simple way as they did when they offended the pvp community with the QP affaire… just give titles now you may ask how would they give it fair: I’d say everyone is ok if they get titles for every new 10 lvls they achieved so for 40, 50, 60, 70,80 .. Now ppl may come and say it’s not alt friendly … easy solution make the titles Souldbound… only My ele can use the lvl 80 fractal legend nobody else… if they have multiple chars they can use it only on the char they aquired the old Level… it would be so easy… I’m not a designer and can come up with this idea in few seconds.

I wouldn’t compare this situation with the PvP one. There we were talking about an existing competition – people were fighting for the top.
Fractals never had that competitive component (and they’re introducing it now via leaderboards).
Also, they would be giving it retroactively – whereas something like this should have been announced quite in advance.

Also, there would still people whining cause they’ve got multiple chars at 26 and they don’t get anything, people who whine cause they’re level 39 and they get no title, people who may have multiple chars over 40 and so on. Not to talk about the whole issue with fractals 50+.
As i said, it would probably enrage even more people.