Dear Kiel voters: We tried to warn you

in Fractured

Posted by: krixis.9538

krixis.9538

as an asuran engineer I had to vote for this as my nerdy sense was tingleing.

I have no care for abbadon at all all I want is sci fi magitech asuran based mayhem

vote kiel !

Desolation EU
Fractal lvl 80 – 126 AR

in Fractured

Posted by: Sleel.8365

Sleel.8365

So people who voted for Kiel based on the Fractals offered got exactly what they expected and voted for.

What’s the problem with that?

The fact that we all have to now suffer the permanent loss of the Abaddon Fractal.

Except we all aren’t suffering. Those of us who voted for Kiel didn’t give a flying kitten at a rolling donut about Abbaddon, or whoever. And some of us gave as many flying kittens about fractals in general.

in Fractured

Posted by: Kanto.1659

Kanto.1659

We got what we wanted. So.. er.. you’re boasting about us who voted, getting what we voted for.

Y’know, if only RL politics worked this well….

in Fractured

Posted by: DarksunG.9537

DarksunG.9537

We got what we wanted. So.. er.. you’re boasting about us who voted, getting what we voted for.

Y’know, if only RL politics worked this well….

You want RL politics to be determined by how many times a single person can vote? GG.

in Fractured

Posted by: LunarNacht.8913

LunarNacht.8913

I voted against random. No problem here.

in Fractured

Posted by: Frenk the Vile.2596

Frenk the Vile.2596

I voted against random. No problem here.

Me too! I voted to go against GEMSTORE. Who cares wich fractal come out first…

in Fractured

Posted by: NoxInfernus.2361

NoxInfernus.2361

Gnashblade supporters – Please, just give it up.
Your candidate lost. The Abaddon fractal is an idea that will not happen.
Try to enjoy the reactor fractal and move on.

Anet will not be making your fractal, as it would come off as giving in to the vocal minority (many may want it, but only few continue to kitten about it several months later). Giving in would set a dangerous precedent for any group that felt their ‘want’ was the most important thing in the game.
At this point, your continued voiced displeasure over the election results (and the shelving of the Abaddon fractal) are actually harming your cause more than helping it.

in Fractured

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

I still don’t believe we actually voted on anything. Just like these completion timers.

in Fractured

Posted by: JohnnySupernova.9182

JohnnySupernova.9182

Gnashblade supporters – Please, just give it up.
Your candidate lost. The Abaddon fractal is an idea that will not happen.
Try to enjoy the reactor fractal and move on.

Anet will not be making your fractal, as it would come off as giving in to the vocal minority (many may want it, but only few continue to kitten about it several months later). Giving in would set a dangerous precedent for any group that felt their ‘want’ was the most important thing in the game.
At this point, your continued voiced displeasure over the election results (and the shelving of the Abaddon fractal) are actually harming your cause more than helping it.

I voted for Kiel, but it is ridiculous how they did the fractal vote. They shouldn’t be closing off avenues for fractals, and the fact that fractals went basically untouched for months and we get told “okay, you get ONE and ONLY ONE” is just silly.

in Fractured

Posted by: Fafnir.5124

Fafnir.5124

The part that I find rather hilarious is the automatic assumption that “Reactor Fractal looks boring!” means that “Abaddon Fractal is great!”

Sure you may feel disappointed in what the Reactor Fractal looks to be like. That’s fine. It doesn’t, however, mean that the Abaddon Fractal wouldn’t have been just as disappointing. In fact, given how hyped up some parties were/are about the Abaddon Fractal and some of the crazy ideas said people had about what it would contain, I’d actually say that the disappointment would have been even greater regardless of how well the Abaddon Fractal would have turned out.

Looks like COE if you haven’t played that content you should. Abaddon would have been the crystal desert a map not even in game yet. So what is you point. We missed out on seeing the most epic battle in the history of the world. So you could save 5 silver. That sums up what the election was about.

in Fractured

Posted by: JMar.3254

JMar.3254

The amount of ignorance is strong, the good ol’ days of abaddon are long gone, so why bother even complaining? People voted, it was a kitten decision but the majority won, you can’t change that.

I’m pretty sure Anet never counted votes and already decided kiel would win before the election started.

*Takes off tin foil hat to go to a meeting *

You get nothing! You lose, good day sir!

in Fractured

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

I don’t think we need any hats. I can’t think of a single reason why they would do a legit vote.

in Fractured

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Yes because only ignorant players don’t vote for what you think is the “best” fractal. Or are you thinking players who played GW1 are more entitled to decide content in GW2?

There are many players that don’t care for fractals so they went by either reduced wp costs or cheaper black lion keys. Of these two, it seems players were smart enough to realize that reduced wp costs were more cost effective than cheaper black lion keys for RNG rewards. Even more evident by the following living story with scarlet invasions.

Abaddon was in GW1. If people wanted to see him, they could just play that game. Also realize that you will very inlikely see an epic battle. A lot of people actually wanted the reactor fractal as well.

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

in Fractured

Posted by: ghost.3208

ghost.3208

Truth is, nobody gives a kitten about Abaddon or the entitled GW1 players.

Fixed that for you, that’s what the votes says anyway.

I played GW1 from the beginning, I was excited about the idea of an Abaddon fractal… but we are not yet ready for something based on the Gods.

After all the only way I can see all the updates of this year are like some sort of preparation for the “real version” of GW2, I voted for the Reactor because I don’t want them to do anything with the Gods yet (given how they’re still working on the core of the game).

Call me selfish or whatever, but I would rather like them to expand on GW2 lore rather to go back to something that’s already known (Yes Evonlovers, I know that we also have plenty of information about the reactor). However, if it was something about unfinished stories from GW1 (Scepter of Orr, Murssats, White Mantle to name a few)… well that’s a whole different story…

Gliradda – The Lil Death – Too Drunk to Aim
Guerreros de la Ultima Alianza [GDUA]
#TeamKiel #TeamPrecipice

in Fractured

Posted by: Avster.1935

Avster.1935

Let me say something that every other fan of Abbadon cannot/do not want to say.

The “epicness” that we all want from the Fall of Abaddon would have not been in par with our imagination. Our expectations, given the lore, is WAY too high, and I doubt ANet could perfectly deliver on that.

So I don’t mind that we have lesser, insignificant story as a fractal than ruin the epic story of Abaddon’s fall that we all know and love.

Evelyn Whitehawk | Exalted Legend | Demons’s Demise | I Transmuted My Legendary Medium Coat

in Fractured

Posted by: JMar.3254

JMar.3254

Let me say something that every other fan of Abbadon cannot/do not want to say.

The “epicness” that we all want from the Fall of Abaddon would have not been in par with our imagination. Our expectations, given the lore, is WAY too high, and I doubt ANet could perfectly deliver on that.

So I don’t mind that we have lesser, insignificant story as a fractal than ruin the epic story of Abaddon’s fall that we all know and love.

Na, Anet always delivers.

It’s the players fault for choosing who they want.

You get nothing! You lose, good day sir!

in Fractured

Posted by: ShadowMaster.5708

ShadowMaster.5708

Warned me?! People who said this MADE me vote Ellen! This sounds awesome, seriously

in Fractured

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

As i said, Arena Net wanted Kiel to win

You do realize that data mining revealed that originally, Kiel was going to fund the Aetherblade fractal and Evon the Molten fractal? In which case it would have been a landslide win for Evon Gnashblade?

Do you really think they tried to set up a candidate, and then halfway through changed their minds?

in Fractured

Posted by: Geoffroy.3685

Geoffroy.3685

I mostly voted against RNG boxes, not for Thaumanova let alone against Abaddon.

I get that’s what you get when you ask for a vote for :
- some lore / story driven plot,
- an epic-sounding /not so epic new fractal,
- a poll of opinion on RNG boxes,
all in the same bulletin !

Amelia Ivardottir — Falconeer (Greatsword & Bows Ranger) — Volcanus
Emmeline Ivardottir — Duelist (Sword & Focus Mesmer) — Sunrise / The Anomaly

in Fractured

Posted by: CryxTryx.9208

CryxTryx.9208

I’m happy to play an inquest and blow up this reactor. Sounds fun. I could care less about the Abbadon story.

You write your original post assuming we all have the same preference as you. You would be wrong.

in Fractured

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

You do realize that data mining revealed that originally, Kiel was going to fund the Aetherblade fractal and Evon the Molten fractal? In which case it would have been a landslide win for Evon Gnashblade?

Do you really think they tried to set up a candidate, and then halfway through changed their minds?

Did you know that Kiel was originally going to be a man? Did you know that datamining means nothing at all, as nothing is official until it’s released?

Give it up, your candidate lost, your fractal was scrapped and nothing will change that.

(Also, I don’t like RNG, so that was another vote for Kiel).

in Fractured

Posted by: Zalman.8719

Zalman.8719

Not going to play this more than needed if not must, I was interested in Abaddon.
And before you say " old news, Thaumanova is mistery, and this is unsees,untold story",
I don’t care. Thaumanova was blown up by Inquest, probably by similar researchs that are ongoing in CoE and Infinity Coil, it is told in-game and on the wiki, it is set in stone.
Abaddon on the other could’ve come as an epic battle of gods if not messed up.
Anyways I’ll play this through to see it for myself, there may be interesting turns in there.
And no nothing is set really into stone, since we don’t know details of neither the battle or the exact circumstances of the explosion.

in Fractured

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

What really stung was the intro of the Fractal has the ice wolves. Exactly the same as CoE.

Thanks for CoE v2. Exactly what I wanted. /s

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

in Fractured

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

There are many players that don’t care for fractals so they went by either reduced wp costs or cheaper black lion keys.

I am pretty sure that neither fractal decision nor keys/wp costs option decided the result. In the end, majority of players were simply choosing between human female and charr male. It’s actually surprising that Evon got that much voices at all.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

in Fractured

Posted by: ghost.3208

ghost.3208

Call me selfish or whatever, but I would rather like them to expand on GW2 lore rather to go back to something that’s already known

Not mutually exclusive options.

I know but I’m afraid that this time we had to choose one or the other

Gliradda – The Lil Death – Too Drunk to Aim
Guerreros de la Ultima Alianza [GDUA]
#TeamKiel #TeamPrecipice

in Fractured

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

So people who voted for Kiel based on the Fractals offered got exactly what they expected and voted for.

What’s the problem with that?

actually Kiel voters were claiming they expected it to do with Dragons, not Inquest.

BTW, I’m predicting the last boss of the Thaumanova Fractal will be Scarlet or Scarlet will be involved.

I hope I’m wrong but I just smell the stink of it, considering the other 2 fractals also have to do with Scarlet.

Actually, this is all a trick. ANet played us. They said very specifically that they wouldn’t make both fractals, but what they failed to explain is that Chaos is temporal in nature too. The actual cause of the Thaumonova Reactor explosion was Abaddon. And the cause of Abaddon’s downfall was the Inquest. So no matter which Fractal we chose we would just end up seeing on side of the same story.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

in Fractured

Posted by: HELLruler.4820

HELLruler.4820

Everyone just thinks about dark and creepy stuff. Change the pace a bit, let’s see how the other side is good
Just like going to church and pray to die and meet God. Time to face the devil, sinner

in Fractured

Posted by: inazuma.7021

inazuma.7021

I’m happy to play an inquest and blow up this reactor. Sounds fun. I could care less about the Abbadon story.

Yes, it’ll be fun to play the bad guys in this instance.

Vhaewyn – Level 80 Sylvari Ranger
Dakka Warforge- Level 80 Charr Engineer
Xairro – Level 80 Asura Revenant

in Fractured

Ayrilana.1396

There are many players that don’t care for fractals so they went by either reduced wp costs or cheaper black lion keys.

I am pretty sure that neither fractal decision nor keys/wp costs option decided the result. In the end, majority of players were simply choosing between human female and charr male. It’s actually surprising that Evon got that much voices at all.

For some people yes but I seriously doubt it was a significant deciding factor.

in Fractured

Posted by: Devildoc.6721

Devildoc.6721

Your vote “against the RNG boxes” doesn’t count you know, YOU may see Evon Gnashblade as a symbol of the BLTC and RNG boxes, but Arenanet does not. Evon Gnashblade is a fictional character, the person behind the BLTC has been doing RNG microtransactions for many years in Maplestory. Arenanet hired her because she’s very good at knowing what people will fork over real money for, and they’ve determined that people are addicted to gambling and will continue to buy RNG boxes for the chance at a skin despite the odds and despite spending hundreds of dollars on RNG boxes and getting nothing they want over and over again they still do it.

For every 10 people who refuse to buy even $5 in RNG boxes for something they want, there’s one person who spends $500 trying to get it, that’s a net profit in Anet’s eyes so they will continue to do it.

Your vote against a fictional character is laughably insignificant and does nothing but make people facepalm over your wasted votes.

You want to vote against RNG? Never buy gamble boxes, and SHAME people who do buy RNG boxes. If you see someone complaining about spending $40 on RNG boxes and not getting the skin, point out how much of an idiot they are for gambling away and just encouraging more RNG boxes.

RNG boxes in the cash shop will continue until there isn’t a market for them.

If you’re thinking “hold on, those idiots gambling are supporting Anet with their purchases, I shouldn’t shame them and discourage them from supporting Anet!” No, you should shame them for buying RNG boxes, you should encourage people supporting anet by buying things that are sold straight up in the gem shop like costumes, armors, infinite gathering tools, finishers, etc.

If you want to discourage RNG, you have to encourage monetization another way.

Zapp – 80 Asura Afromancer

in Fractured

Ayrilana.1396

Your vote “against the RNG boxes” doesn’t count you know, YOU may see Evon Gnashblade as a symbol of the BLTC and RNG boxes, but Arenanet does not. Evon Gnashblade is a fictional character, the person behind the BLTC has been doing RNG microtransactions for many years in Maplestory. Arenanet hired her because she’s very good at knowing what people will fork over real money for, and they’ve determined that people are addicted to gambling and will continue to buy RNG boxes for the chance at a skin despite the odds and despite spending hundreds of dollars on RNG boxes and getting nothing they want over and over again they still do it.

For every 10 people who refuse to buy even $5 in RNG boxes for something they want, there’s one person who spends $500 trying to get it, that’s a net profit in Anet’s eyes so they will continue to do it.

Your vote against a fictional character is laughably insignificant and does nothing but make people facepalm over your wasted votes.

You want to vote against RNG? Never buy gamble boxes, and SHAME people who do buy RNG boxes. If you see someone complaining about spending $40 on RNG boxes and not getting the skin, point out how much of an idiot they are for gambling away and just encouraging more RNG boxes.

If you’re thinking “hold on, those idiots gambling are supporting Anet with their purchases, I shouldn’t shame them and discourage them from supporting Anet!” No, you should shame them for buying RNG boxes, you should encourage people supporting anet by buying things that are sold straight up in the gem shop like costumes, armors, infinite gathering tools, finishers, etc.

Well by that logic then Evon isn’t responsible for the Abaddon fractal as he isn’t the one designing it. All votes for that fractal don’t count.

The same can be made about Kiel as well.

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

in Fractured

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Well by that logic then Evon isn’t responsible for the Abaddon fractal as he isn’t the one designing it. All votes for that fractal don’t count.

With that logic, then we should demand Evon be assigned to the Captain’s Council, since it doesn’t matter either way. Even though in reality, we all know Evon is best pony charr. >>

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

in Fractured

Devildoc.6721

Entirely different.

Voting against Gnashblade to vote against the concept of RNG boxes is stupid, as they are not actually tied together. It’s an abstraction to connect them together at all, more or less RNG boxes was not a part of either candidate’s “promises”

The fractals however, were directly connected to the candidates. A vote for Gnashblade was a vote for the Abbadon fractal. A vote for Kiel was a vote for the Inquest fractal.

If Gnashblade’s “promises” had been “If I’m voted for I’ll bring in more RNG boxes to the BLTC!” and Kiel’s promises had been “if I’m voted for, I’ll eliminate RNG boxes from the BLTC!” then maybe you’d have a point.

That’s like voting Obama to vote against having nuclear weapons. Neither candidate has promised to get rid of our stockpiles and both candidates will support having a sufficient Nuclear deterrent for national security. A vote for either candidate does not affect us having nuclear weapons at all.

Vote for the platform presented, not some abstracted idea you think each candidate represents

in Fractured

Pixelpumpkin.4608

Did you know that Kiel was originally going to be a man? Did you know that datamining means nothing at all, as nothing is official until it’s released?

Give it up, your candidate lost, your fractal was scrapped and nothing will change that.

(Also, I don’t like RNG, so that was another vote for Kiel).

Dude, I voted for Kiel, too.

I was just saying that no matter what the outcome of a public vote, turning around later and declaring that it was fixed all along because you lost is ridiculous.

(edited by Pixelpumpkin.4608)

in Fractured

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

For some reason I have the inkling that if Evon had won, we would have seen similar threads.

Let’s anticipate the next wave of “oh I thought this would be better” from both parties.

I this what is called a win-win situation?

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

in Fractured

Ayrilana.1396

I agree that voting against RNG boxes themselves was pointless. However, people voting against Evon because they did not want rewards tied to it is not. There’s a very subtle difference between the two.

That’s how I originally took your post. It appeared that you were stating that those who didn’t want black lion keys as a reward because they disliked RNG were wrong and their votes didn’t count.

in Fractured

Pixelpumpkin.4608

Not in my book. I doubt that after the amount of whining during and after the election, ANet will put anything up for public vote ever again. Which is a shame, in my opinion. The ability to help shape where the story goes was… a promising and exciting direction for the living story to take.

in Fractured

Devildoc.6721

Not in my book. I doubt that after the amount of whining during and after the election, ANet will put anything up for public vote ever again. Which is a shame, in my opinion. The ability to help shape where the story goes was… a promising and exciting direction for the living story to take.

Polarizing the community and making people playing a game together angry at each other is not a good thing.

You want to create a cohesive, cooperative community in a game like this, people should at least be cohesive on their servers, let the rivalries be between server communities in WvW or perhaps guilds in GvG eventually. Competitive rivalries can be fun, but not political rivalries, not when future content is on the line.

in Fractured

Pixelpumpkin.4608

Polarizing the community and making people playing a game together angry at each other is not a good thing.

You want to create a cohesive, cooperative community in a game like this, people should at least be cohesive on their servers, let the rivalries be between server communities in WvW or perhaps guilds in GvG eventually. Competitive rivalries can be fun, but not political rivalries, not when future content is on the line.

This has been done in other games (and even TV series) and people didn’t feel polarized or at least acted a lot less poopy about it. Why it would work there and not in the GW2 community, I don’t know.

in Fractured

Devildoc.6721

Hey guess what guys!

HUGE SHOCKER!

Scarlet is behind the reactor, not dragons, just like I predicted.

Good lord is this bad.

in Fractured

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

All this time…And Kiel still manages to kitten me off…

NSPride <3

in Fractured

Devildoc.6721

This has been done in other games (and even TV series) and people didn’t feel polarized or at least acted a lot less poopy about it. Why it would work there and not in the GW2 community, I don’t know.

Because in this case they presented 2 possible content updates and told us one would get made the other would get scrapped.

Even in real politics the consequences of the election aren’t PERMANENT. A law put in place by one congress can be repealed later.

Here the consequence is permanent.

You will NEVER see the other option. It will remain as nothing but a wiki page and a few references in lore and GW1 dialogue.

You will NEVER see the crystal sea.

You will NEVER see the actual Gods while they still walked on Tyria.

It’s gone, and it’ll never happen.

Grats on more Scarlet.

At least with the Abaddon fractal there wouldn’t be Scarlet.

in Fractured

Posted by: BackbonedAlex.5694

BackbonedAlex.5694

I’m actually laughing at kiel voters who thought they would find out more about the dragons in this new fractals.

in Fractured

Posted by: Thorp.7982

Thorp.7982

OH EM GEE.

in Fractured

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

You tried to warn us that Thaumanova would be so much better? Well good thing you did!

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Fractured

Posted by: Arewn.2368

Arewn.2368

Evon supporters should be down on their knees thanking Kiel supporters. Would you have preferred Scarlet show up in the Abaddon fractal instead?

More to the point, we had every reason to believe that there would be actual interesting and good material revealed in the Reactor. Hell, even Kiel says at the end of the story mode fractal “Chaos energy or Dragon energy – either way, RandomInsertofScarlet’sName and the Inquest went too far too fast”. This could have actually been about the Elder Dragons and/or give us revelations on the nature of magic/chaos magic in the Guild Wars universe. We just weren’t expecting Arena Net to pander to the fanfict writer who made Scarlet and completely drop the ball on the matter.

in Fractured

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

You tried to warn us that Thaumanova would be so much better? Well good thing you did!

Better? lol

No no no, you silly goose. We wanted to meet Abaddon. You know: the god that made GW into GW.

NSPride <3

in Fractured

Posted by: ShroomOneUp.6913

ShroomOneUp.6913

@at all kiel haters and those who laugh say we told you so.

FIRST OFF: scarlet wasn´t even a thing during the cuthtroat politics. REMEMBER thats she was first revealed druing the jubilee AFTER the dragon bash. yes we heared of a character called scarlet before
but we had no idea who or what she was.
only AFTER jubilee we knew it was a freakin mary sue.
SO you have no right to tell us you knew better.
i even think anet would have bend their lore so much sjtu to put scarlet into the abbadon fractle aswell. making HER the reason he tunred against the other gods int he first place. Don´t pretend they wouldn´t do that. A-Net devs love sylvari and their scarlet.

secound:
HOW THE kitten do you get your facts wrong. YES the inquest was mentioned in the open world thaumnova, BUT NEVER AS OWNERS OF THE PLACE. the thaumanove reactor was a ratasum facility sabotaged by the inquest and the crucibile of eternity was their version of it.mostl likly with stolen blue prints and part from the thaumanove reactor.
WE KIEL VOTER thoaught we would either play the inquest group behind this leading to CoE or trying to stop them but fail story wise.

no one could have know they would shoe horn their kittening MARY SUE IN THEIR. be cause we didn´t knew they had one for it.

thrid: we will get abbadon anyway, they didn´t throw the concepts away you morons. the fractle will come. and NOW it will have definetly scarlet in their…..
so if will suck just as much lore wise.

THANKS ANETBAMA FOR NOT CARING FOR YOUR COSTUMER BUT YOUR OWN SLEFISH OC WISHES

in Fractured

Posted by: Andrax.4576

Andrax.4576

No matter how bad this is, i dont regret voting for kiel. I still dont ever want Abaddon to be part of a fractal, at least when the writing of gw2 is what it is.

Who actually wants Abaddon to be part of a 10min – 20min fractal? seriously?
He deserves more.
So to every Evon voters, i saved your Abaddon from a terrible fate, no need to thank me.

Rose Osiana [Elementalist]
Gandara EU
[DYE]

in Fractured

Posted by: ELement.5647

ELement.5647

-snip-

Your account name pretty much sums up the huge abomination that is your post.