Does Anet need more time?

in Fractured

Posted by: Aden Celeste.3650

Aden Celeste.3650

Hi all! specially Anet—

Does ANET need MORE TIME?

More time to polish the living world content. With more time, they can make sure that all of the content being released is bug free and to the highest quality possible.

More time to balance the classes. At the moment, some are suffering an in-game
racisms (I would call it: Class-ism), and for good reason. Some classes just cant
compare with the big boys (warrior, guardian, mesmers) and because of the ANET
MANIFESTO, I was lead to believe that all classes would be viable for all content.

More time to fix things like armor bugs, weapon glitches, and PVE issues. For
example, my Aether bow has been dislocated on the back when stowed for about a
year so far.

More time to re-work the TP. It is still in a very primitive stage, where I cant filter
armors to show only the ones my toon can actually wear…

More time to fix the rest of the dungeons, specially those rarely visited, and there
are tons of comments regarding the dungeons that Anet cant simply ignore. They
cant possibly say that the dredge fractal is just fine. While some disagree about this fractal, I can say that the vast majority “dreads” (pun intended) this fractal.

More time to talk with their player base and find the things that annoy them. There’s a lot of hate going on in the forums… and while I do feel bad for Anet having to deal with tons of kids that just complain without explaining what they are complaining
about, there are valid comments out there worthy of consideration.

More time to create a compelling story. How did Scarlet fit into the nova reactor
incident? I now have a feeling that Scarlet is behind every act of terrorism on Tyria,
because she somehow is the mastermind of everything bad that goes on in GW2.

What I want to say to the dearly beloved Anet team, is that, if you guys need more time, I’m pretty sure most of the community would GLADLY give it to you. You dont need to give us content every two weeks, give us content every month, make it awesome, and go back to your roots!

We love you Anet, you made our favorite game possible. Please do not break our dreams by putting out tiresome content, bad or uninteresting stories, and an uneven balance between classes!

sign-
Aden

in Fractured

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

This is something I’ve been wondering, too.

While I genuinely enjoy the LS so far (I know a lot of forum posters don’t :P ), it feels incredibly unpolished. The QA feels in-existent at times.

And to me that really seems to be a result of the very very tight release schedule.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Fractured

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

Short answer is YES. Yes they do need more time. But they’ve been clear about it. They are committed to two week patches and that is that.

in Fractured

Posted by: Undeadkemea.4865

Undeadkemea.4865

I completely agree with every question you asked right there and explanations you have given. I wish they would update once a month…hell….even just good old fashioned expansions with a complete world/classes/races would be so much better than this living story.

in Fractured

Posted by: Ashadow.6874

Ashadow.6874

#SAB 2014 plx

#OccupySAB2014

in Fractured

Posted by: Fror.2163

Fror.2163

This kind of thread has been posted already several times.

I still sign it as it’s important!

Frór (yes, with the accent!)

in Fractured

Posted by: SirMoogie.9263

SirMoogie.9263

The are not reconsidering the release cadence at this time, despite a volume of people pointing out that it is hindering them in the CDI thread:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Collaborative-Development-Topic-Living-World/3186741

in Fractured

Posted by: Moonjelly.3742

Moonjelly.3742

I’ve been thinking about this too, and personally I think they need a testing group of players. Either open up a ptr, or select a group of very active players outside ANet to help.

As a general rule I’m on the side of ANet, but this patch was a disaster with things that shouldn’t have happened: no way point in the story mode fractal, glitches, bugs aplenty, etc.
I honestly believe that they can keep on with their schedule and still release quality content, but they seriously need outside player testing and constructive criticism before releasing patches.
People giving feedback on bugs, what we want to see, things they should never do again, etc, after release isn’t the proper way to go as far as I’m concerned. I also really feel for those whose job it is to go through the forums to gather info. There is so much nonsensical seething hatred floating around (which is an MMO problem to begin with), it has to be tough to separate the helpful from the blind rage.

As for uneven balance between classes I have yet to see a single game where everything is properly balanced. It’s a never ending juggling act, even for games that have been out for almost a decade.
I agree that some are crazy overpowered over others. But as someone who has played underdog turned over powered and back again classes over the years, we just have to try to slog through the changes.

in Fractured

Posted by: Aedelric.1287

Aedelric.1287

Yes, they desperately need more time.

Unfortunately they have already stated that the two week schedule is not something they have any intention on changing. I think the reasoning is that player activity falls off after two weeks of play, this content cycle keeps them in game and thus provides regular income through the store.

“I am Evon Gnashblade and this message is acceptable to me.”

in Fractured

Posted by: Inspired.6730

Inspired.6730

More time or not doesn’t have anything to do with content release schedule. If they need more time for anything (testing for example) then they need to add that into their schedule. Reducing the amount of content releases to be done would do nothing to affect how much time they schedule for each release.

The result of them deciding to do fewer releases would be them reducing the number of staff required. The result of them deciding that more time was needed for a release is them starting to develop each sooner or them adding more people to work on each one.

in Fractured

Posted by: Silberfisch.3046

Silberfisch.3046

Hooray for this summary.

Though might I recommend that this doesn’t actually belong in the Fractured sub-forum but the Suggestions sub-forum?

If you happen to stumble across any typos,
you may keep them to rear new and interesting variants in your basement.

in Fractured

Posted by: angelpaladin.7921

angelpaladin.7921

What I think is sad is they will do nothing tell it’s to late. Then they will try to do everything nothing will work. They will either shut down the servers or they will go to 3-4 servers and a once great game will be dead/dieing.

in Fractured

Carighan.6758

A PTR could in fact help a ton.

What they could do is do a slightly different cycling where a patch goes onto PTR on patchday 1 (arbitrary number). Team doesn’t start a new project yet. Then players test it for two weeks, and on patchday 2, it goes to live. Team now takes next project, and on patchday 2, the patch of the next team goes onto the PTR, too. So basically delay the whole process by 2 weeks to allow for simmering on a PTR.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Fractured

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

Although I think they need more time, but I do also tend to think they need to get content which uses the feedback from CDI ASAP. Frankly, most of the recent LS has been absolutely terrible, and if they don’t do anything to turn it around, its going to be a tough ride for them next year.

in Fractured

Posted by: Sir Isaac The Great.5341

Sir Isaac The Great.5341

I would rather have good polished content monthly than garbage buggy content every two weeks that we are getting currently.

in Fractured

Posted by: mistt.3698

mistt.3698

i won’t call guardians as OP class with the “big boys” they are nothing compared to warriors even when it comes to survivability or damage .
by far guardians are not OP at all

in Fractured

Carighan.6758

I would rather have good polished content monthly than garbage buggy content every two weeks that we are getting currently.

Mind you, it won’t be more content. So it’ll be half as much content as we’re getting right now, just with less bugs and maybe a tad more finesse on camera movements and timings and such.

in Fractured

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

If they need more time they can start planning each update 12 weeks in advance instead 10 weeks in advance, or however long each update takes. These updates are not written and developed in a fortnight. Turning the living story into monthly updates isn’t going to help at all if the overall development time for each update remains the same.

The voice acting you are hearing from Scarlet and the other characters could have been recorded 3 months or even 6 months ago.

in Fractured

Posted by: Aden Celeste.3650

Aden Celeste.3650

if they had more time, they would be able to create better content, its just the nature of the business. We know for a fact that the anet team is talented, but with such preassure above themselves I can tell they are getting weary. Look at the developer livestreams, these guys look tiiiireeeeeed and bored out of their minds, screwing up like crazy.

Also, bringing the cosmetic’s issue here, they need more time to create compelling dress ware and other things like hats, etc, instead of basically recycling the same armor that already existed.

in Fractured

Posted by: Tamasan.6457

Tamasan.6457

100% agree.

I realize that the two week releases are nearly locked in, so if ditching constant 2 week releases is not possible, then at least scale them back a bit – with larger releases every month or two and smaller items that build on those. I think we’ve seen a smidge of this, but I’m afraid that you’re burning your team out.

Please dedicate more resources to polishing and the growing backlog of bugs and needed quality of life issues.

in Fractured

Posted by: zabriel.4852

zabriel.4852

Yes they do need more time to polish their content. I think there was more hype when patches were released monthly instead of bi-weekly.

Zabriel Dusk

in Fractured

Posted by: ItWasntMe.7102

ItWasntMe.7102

I love how Aden Celeste.3650 expressed this! I am an extremely active player & find the 2 week releases & all the bugs & glitches that come with them as tedious & frustrating making me feel more rushed & taking other players out of the loop for other fun content way too often. Even 3 weeks would be a lil less annoying than two. Way too much stress that tends to cause conflicts in the community as many feel rushed to try & get it all NOW & bugs & glitches that affect players everywhere run, not only the newest addition.
This games leaves little time to explore all the content or enjoy a few relaxed runs~ puts too much pressure & emphasis on the releases & totally ignores the communities stability & mindset are being negatively impacted.

in Fractured

Posted by: John.5732

John.5732

Signed. Anet, please slow down and make your game good. I feel like the gem store has been a curse. For funding the game, it is bringing out the worst in development. Not enough QA, throwaway story, quick cadence, and constant pointing to the gem store all to sell items on the gem store. I want a game first, not a gem store.

Leader of the Kingdom of [Shu] Guild
Devona’s Rest

in Fractured

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

They need more time – yes – but with micro transactions being the main way this game makes profit they’re forcing themselves to rush out unfinished and untested content in order to keep players in the game more.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

in Fractured

Posted by: Teknomancer.4895

Teknomancer.4895

• More time to re-work the TP. It is still in a very primitive stage, where I cant filter
armors to show only the ones my toon can actually wear…

Very much this. Now that we have the account-wide wallet (so your richest character doesn’t need to be the one who does all the shopping anymore), there’s no reason we shouldn’t have more filters in the TP, like a “can equip” checkbox for armor & weapons. If it’s not an item the character’s class can equip, give us the option to not display it in search results.

Diplomatic Dictators [DD] guild (Kaineng): http://gw2dd.enjin.com/

in Fractured

Posted by: Chaotic Storm.2815

Chaotic Storm.2815

I had honestly thought about this a few times over the year, more so in the earlier days when bugs were running rampant every few feet. My only theory is Anet wanted to beat blizzard to the punch and release Guildwars 2 before Mists of Pandara.

Its the only reason I’v been able to come up with as to why everything felt and still feels so unfinished, and the fact that anet is so hell bent on releasing endless new content as quick as they can which also comes out feeling sloppy and riddled with flaws and bugs at times.

#ELEtism

in Fractured

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I posted a very similar thread to this some months ago, so signed.

in Fractured

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

i like the fact that new content comes out frequently, but i think it would be better if every month and not every 2 weeks at least

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in Fractured

Posted by: PolishSausage.1279

PolishSausage.1279

I’d be all for monthly patches instead of bi-weekly ones.

in Fractured

Posted by: Lopez.7369

Lopez.7369

The strange thing is the two-week patch cycle doesn’t seem to be getting that much media hype or word of mouth, so I’m not sure what purpose it serves if most of the people actually playing the game are upset with the poor quality of recent patches and the storytelling.