How are we supposed to compete?

in Fractured

Posted by: Errant Venture.9371

Errant Venture.9371

to get to 80 glitchs where used when fotm first got out from true pioneers of fotm. Afterwards people to 80 by only doing odds with people already at 80. People wont be able to do fotm 30 post update most likely because of AR change and simple infusion being turned into AR+1. So ya there is that. There is a week to update and you can still get to fotm 30 in that time fairly easily.

The part in bold (didn’t wanna dissect the entire post)I been hearing that a lot lately and I dont know exactly what people did to get to 80. I want to say how would people know it was a glitch on brand new content? I seen some pretty wonky broken designs in games in the past. The most the pioneers knew it was working as Anet designed it.

When my group did it, we used a combo of wicked good timing of guardian book full heals + necro death shroud with 99% res tricks.

Call it “exploits” if you like, we didn’t do anything that broke or went outside of mechanics available in game.

The Battle Bakery [vPie]

in Fractured

Posted by: Romo.3709

Romo.3709

You guys don’t understand.. starting out at square one with nothing… I have to get to level 30 this week or I’ll be behind my friends and we won’t be able to play together? I thought I could play how I want?

We played fractals, cuz that’s how we wanted to play the game. Now all the progress we’ve made is being taken away and thrown out the window. We don’t get to play the way we want, then why should you?

in Fractured

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

You guys don’t understand.. starting out at square one with nothing… I have to get to level 30 this week or I’ll be behind my friends and we won’t be able to play together? I thought I could play how I want?

We played fractals, cuz that’s how we wanted to play the game. Now all the progress we’ve made is being taken away and thrown out the window. We don’t get to play the way we want, then why should you?

Not saying you don’t have a reason to complain, but you ARE exaggerating as not ALL your progress is being taken away.

All these, “Can’t play how I want….” whiny threads are getting very old. That is the most twisted and misused quote on these forums.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

in Fractured

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

you call yourself thief we had a thief in Group you could compete we had an ingi in the Group we could have changed im with a nec the massblind on nec is ridiculusly strong on that fractal… it seems you not Play nec main or you would know it… so yes your nec could compete you don’t have to buy gemstore items but I did have to buy it because there were no exploits known when we did this… I asked you to tell me where I used a glitch and you cna’t Name one so I can say I am legit scale 81 .. reflects are part of gamemechanics as are blinds some of the most powerfull skills in fotm as ele I don’t even use in this Video cause I didn’t know

Blinds arn’t part of my minion build. And if someone as good as you didn’t know what to use how do you expect everyone to just glean this knowledge out of the thin air? I never said anything about glitches, just saying.

Then… why don’t you switch to a mass blind build for it?

It’s like saying WvW is unfair because my full zerk build gets obliterated.

in Fractured

Posted by: Zelyhn.8069

Zelyhn.8069

I know tons of people who got to fractal level 80 without using a single glitch.

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]
Retired elementalist theorycrafter

in Fractured

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

Your friend can join you.

But then they wouldn’t be advancing so it isn’t fair to them… I have no choice but to grind fractal levels.

Either this guys is trolling or he just doesn’t follow the update and information about fractal at all.

1) Your ’’fear’’ of doing something not legit only apply for not getting higher than level 49. But you didn’t do any level at all so that’s on you. You had 1 year to get to level 49.

2) If you have friend at level 30+ they will get back at level 30 next week. Then if you never went into fractal and you are level 1 you can still play with your friend. If you are with your friend in a party then you can start a level 30 and participate. At the end of the fractal they gonna be level 31 and you gonna be level 2. Now its a hard way to learn how to do fractal. But if they are really your friend, they gonna make a couple of level 10 and 26 before so you can learn how to play in fractal. At least that’s what i did with about 10 Guildmates of mine.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

in Fractured

Posted by: Erebus.9276

Erebus.9276

Please guys, this is a serious issue that needs to be addressed. The half measure of only resetting this group of peoples level to 30 is unacceptable. Everyone should start out fresh. It isn’t punishing anyone anymore than it already is, if they’re going to reset it then they should reset it all the way.

Casual Dungeon Thief

Card ~> Thief | Casual Card ~> Mesmer

in Fractured

Posted by: panzer.6034

panzer.6034

Please guys, this is a serious issue that needs to be addressed. The half measure of only resetting this group of peoples level to 30 is unacceptable. Everyone should start out fresh. It isn’t punishing anyone anymore than it already is, if they’re going to reset it then they should reset it all the way.

If you failed to get up to level 30 after an entire year, that’s completely on you. It has nothing to do with Anet or this update. They’re punishing hardcores who got way over 30 already and now you want to punish everyone by bringing them down to your level because you couldn’t bother to do the content before?

in Fractured

Posted by: Savoy.6824

Savoy.6824

No body has bothered to bring up how increadibly easy fractals are below level 20. The difficulty goes up a little passed level 10 but not much. Not to mention the fact that they said they were going to make it even easier and the fact that they have fixed bugs in both the dredge and harpy fractal which again makes it so much easier. It will be on par with the difficulty of the latest living story update the tower of nightmares. And lets be honest, if you cant do the tower of nightmares then you need to put down your keyboard and step away from computer games all together.

So in summary the community wont be split by this because the community is not made up of half decent players and the other half kittened people. Probably more like 15% kittened people. And that 15% needs to quit anyway. So BYE.

And we should consider every day lost on which we have not danced at least once – Nietzsche

in Fractured

Posted by: Erebus.9276

Erebus.9276

No body has bothered to bring up how increadibly easy fractals are below level 20. The difficulty goes up a little passed level 10 but not much. Not to mention the fact that they said they were going to make it even easier and the fact that they have fixed bugs in both the dredge and harpy fractal which again makes it so much easier. It will be on par with the difficulty of the latest living story update the tower of nightmares. And lets be honest, if you cant do the tower of nightmares then you need to put down your keyboard and step away from computer games all together.

So in summary the community wont be split by this because the community is not made up of half decent players and the other half kittened people. Probably more like 15% kittened people. And that 15% needs to quit anyway. So BYE.

But this is instanced content, unlike the tower. How are we supposed to get through it with only 5 people when the tower takes 10+? Also, they keep adding more of this type of content and less and less open world things. This is a mmo! Playing with only 5 people limits immersion incredibly.

Casual Dungeon Thief

Card ~> Thief | Casual Card ~> Mesmer

in Fractured

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

So people are being reset back down to lv30 from whatever super high level they SOMEHOW got to. What about the people that didn’t touch fractals because they where afraid of being banned for the OBVIOUSLY NOT INTENDED GAME PLAY people where using to play this content?

Everyone should be reset back to level 1 to even the playing field. It only makes sense!

<3

It’s only being reset at all because what was level 50 difficulty will now be level 30. So even if you have maxed out your fractal level, you have not earned 30+ content because as of yet it doesn’t exist to be earned.

(edited by Conncept.7638)

in Fractured

Posted by: Patrikan Habaton.2548

Patrikan Habaton.2548

to get to 80 glitchs where used when fotm first got out from true pioneers of fotm. Afterwards people to 80 by only doing odds with people already at 80. People wont be able to do fotm 30 post update most likely because of AR change and simple infusion being turned into AR+1. So ya there is that. There is a week to update and you can still get to fotm 30 in that time fairly easily.

The part in bold (didn’t wanna dissect the entire post)I been hearing that a lot lately and I dont know exactly what people did to get to 80. I want to say how would people know it was a glitch on brand new content? I seen some pretty wonky broken designs in games in the past. The most the pioneers knew it was working as Anet designed it.

When my group did it, we used a combo of wicked good timing of guardian book full heals + necro death shroud with 99% res tricks.

Call it “exploits” if you like, we didn’t do anything that broke or went outside of mechanics available in game.

ya played with sanatobi or how that guy was called who is playing now wvw only who was from Elona?

first scale 81 fractals

in Fractured

Posted by: panzer.6034

panzer.6034

How are we supposed to get through it with only 5 people when the tower takes 10+?

Ah. Confirmed joke thread.

in Fractured

Posted by: Groonz.7825

Groonz.7825

You could join their fractal level and leech of them. Then again it’s your own issue. YOU chose not to play fractals. Why did you never join your “friends” in the first place to get some experience? Seems this is a simple “your problem”.

Also I don’t understand this “compete” thing you are talking about. Are you talking about leaderboards? if this is going to work similiar to how GW1 did some leaderboard stuff, it was simply taken over by a few people when based on time laps.

If this is like GW2 achievement point leaderboard. It’s capped at a certain point, also forgetting to mention, it’s stupid and pointless.

1. Player A fractal level 50
2. Player B fractal level 50
3. Player C fractal level 50
4. Player D fractal level 50
5. Player E fractal level 50
6. Player F fractal level 50

Wow what interesting looking competitive leaderboards. I can’t even see my own kitten from these leaderboards! BAN EVERYONE! RAGHGHAGHHHGHAHGH!!!

in Fractured

Posted by: kiwituatara.6053

kiwituatara.6053

Guys, you can’t just ignore this huge problem. This is going to further split the community.

I started doing fractals a month back, while most people were already in 30+ since the launch of fractals. It doesn’t take long to catch up. Keep in mind that the new fractal won’t disappear after two weeks, it’ll be there forever so just take your time.

in Fractured

Posted by: DHBM.7652

DHBM.7652

What the heck is wrong with everyone’s grammar in this thread?

in Fractured

Posted by: crouze.3078

crouze.3078

Where leaderboards make no sense….
There will be so many players with the SAME levels….

A top 1000 would make no sense… having 20 times more players then fractal levels makes it impossible to not have an average of 20 players on the same level / rank.

If it’s 20 times more fractal levels then the player list (20.000), then leaderboards would be reasonable.

What comes next?
leaderboards for every single achievement???
Dungeons discovered? Thirst Slayer? Hint completion?

in Fractured

Posted by: Xhyros.1340

Xhyros.1340

Yeah, how are people that don’t care about fractals supposed to compete with people that do? It’s like, if I wanted to compete in League of Legends next season and win at tournaments and stuff, but I can’t because I’m only level 2 and the only champ I own is Ashe! It’s unfair! They should reset everyone’s level next season, take away all their champs and runes, and reset their MMR so I, someone who’s only spent 1 hour at the game, can compete with these people who have been playing for years!

Also that year old trailer, did you see the size of that Mossman? How are we going to compete with old players that only had to fight a little Mossman? Old players actually roll for the swamp because it’s so fast and easy. Did you see how that giant Mossman just crushed those guys with one hit? I’m bad at dodging, so I don’t think I’ll be able to deal with a giant Mossman OHKO. That’s unfair and should be patched. Newbie players should get a skill that automatically dodges for you if you’re going to take a hit that will kill you. That way people like me who can’t dodge can compete with players that can.

Alls oh, pleez doughnt chain guh duud red guh fract all. Maif rend gawt sow menny lewt baguz they’re. Iff u maik eht shore tur, hau weel nu play erz compete wid oh lud playas n git m4d l007s? It’s unfair! My grammar is soooo gud.

in Fractured

Posted by: hellokittyonline.7532

hellokittyonline.7532

I totally agree with OP.

10/10 Would Bang

in Fractured

Posted by: BalkanLion.6045

BalkanLion.6045

So people are being reset back down to lv30 from whatever super high level they SOMEHOW got to. What about the people that didn’t touch fractals because they where afraid of being banned for the OBVIOUSLY NOT INTENDED GAME PLAY people where using to play this content?

Everyone should be reset back to level 1 to even the playing field. It only makes sense!

<3

I totally agree aswell. If we have fractal leader-board, then everyone should start at level 1. I don’t see how Anet are evening out the playing field by resting to only level 30. Its totally unfair for the competitive players that did not care about fractals before. Please Anet, if you bring in competitions to PvE, please reset everyone to a common starting place.

in Fractured

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Your friend can join you.

But then they wouldn’t be advancing so it isn’t fair to them… I have no choice but to grind fractal levels.

i have done it…i pugged all the way to 49 and i started to play this game few months ago so most ppl were already at high lv fractals so i had hard times finding groups

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in Fractured

Patrikan Habaton.2548

What the heck is wrong with everyone’s grammar in this thread?

ppl might not be all native english Speaker sooo anyway no way I can cach up have the same issue here 50 Levels from 0 -50 wait this is less than I loose with the reset I loose 51 Level … :O

first scale 81 fractals

in Fractured

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

<3

I totally agree aswell. If we have fractal leader-board, then everyone should start at level 1. I don’t see how Anet are evening out the playing field by resting to only level 30. Its totally unfair for the competitive players that did not care about fractals before. Please Anet, if you bring in competitions to PvE, please reset everyone to a common starting place.

The idea was that everything before level 30 was basically the same thing as it was pre-update, but with changed drops. Everything afterwards has the Mistlock Instability mechanic running through it.

in Fractured

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

With a comment like this you better be at FoTM50 because if you are like Erebus that has never done fractals in the first place, this will not affect you and you are just complaining to complain. People over FoTM30 can be considered regular fractals players, people under 30 are considered casual, I think that’s a fair assessment. I’m a casual fractals player and I’m maybe at 23. So if you are under level 30 after a YEAR of the game being out, then you aren’t a competitive player to begin with so you would literally never be in the running for the leaderboard in the first place. SO WHAT IS THE FREAKING PROBLEM!!!!!! If you are over 30 then you can classify yourself as competitive and you are being reset to the same exact level as every other competitive player. You get your wish. The fact you have a problem with the level 30 reset means you are under 30, so really, you know you won’t be on the leaderboard, I know you won’t be on the leaderboard, there are no problems here.

The only ones with room to complain are the ones being bumped down, but your FoTM number isn’t even visible to anyone, it’s an arbitrary number. When I walk through LA, I don’t look at someone and say “Whoa, he plays FoTM80 so awesome!!”. I have no clue, people will still have no clue. If anything you should be happy that FoTM30+ will have a twist now and rewards will be better. I just don’t get people sometimes.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

in Fractured

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

Erebus, sorry, but you sound like crying child not an adult person. It seems that you just created an excuse for yourself why you haven’t been to fractals, yet. It’s fun, skill based and rewarding. If there were some glitches in it, you never got ban for it. Anet would have to ban thousands of players. They instead fixed the issues. There were only 2 fractals which were being exploited – dredge fractal (ridiculously long and on higher levels its first room is almost undoable for regular LFG group) second was fractal with Collossus where you could fight final boss easily. These two maps got many fixes – dredge cannot be exploited anymore and Collossus is almost fixed too.
So, please, try them

(edited by Mortifer.2946)

in Fractured

Patrikan Habaton.2548

I was in the same situation a year ago should I start or not. honestly I recommand not going to fractals I mean you could start nooo as all others do but think of it what will be a year from now…..

YES there will be an UPDATE that WIPES all your PROGRESS!

first scale 81 fractals

in Fractured

Mortifer.2946

in year, there will be a new expansion

in Fractured

Patrikan Habaton.2548

in year, there will be a new expansion

that resets all your Progress and Level to 0 so not worth even starting to Play fractals:)

first scale 81 fractals

in Fractured

Mortifer.2946

You still don’t understand that old 30+ levels were thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis much easier that new 30+ levels? That’s the only reason why they deleted the last 20 levels. and 51+ were not supposed to be obtainable so Anet doesn’t care about those.

in Fractured

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

This thread is absurd. Can’t you people see that the people are trolling?
“After 15+ months I’m still stuck in the human tutorial, please nerf.”

in Fractured

Posted by: Bumbler.7581

Bumbler.7581

It was clear from this statement that this is a troll post. Lulz that it took until post 49 for someone to point it out.

Successfully done OP, amusing thread!

In Chancery (Jade Quarry, NA) – The Instance Mesmer
#readingLFGisOP #savethewarden
#wallsfixdungeons

in Fractured

Patrikan Habaton.2548

You still don’t understand that old 30+ levels were thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis much easier that new 30+ levels? That’s the only reason why they deleted the last 20 levels. and 51+ were not supposed to be obtainable so Anet doesn’t care about those.

why aren’t they supposed to be attainable. So heres the Story for some of you even if I’m an old acient relict I gonna tell you this: Anet realeased a new dungeon with infinite Levels Players wanted to go as high as they could to seek for real challenge ppl got to Level 80 and realised that this is the cap sooo where did anet not intend us to go there? the agony on scale 50-79 you could survive (before the patch with softcap at lvl 40 ) with cooridnating a Team really nice if you had a necro with deathshroud an ele with rezsignet and heal and guards with elite tome on top of that you used perfect Timing and a fullset of healing power. Sooo absolutly nothing used here besides skills to Keep 1 of the Group alive.. you can’t blame on any exploit or anything… so stop infracting ppl with saying we weren’t intended to go there you have no proof. and I know for a fact that it was possible without rez orbs or 99% rez or rock things.. So we were intended to go there! otherwise they would just have told us when I asked them if 80 is the cap 11 months ago:)

first scale 81 fractals

in Fractured

Posted by: Groonz.7825

Groonz.7825

I just think the OP wants everyone to start at level 1 so he has more people he can pug with and get carried.

in Fractured

Posted by: ShunsuiKouKyoraku.9106

ShunsuiKouKyoraku.9106

Blinds arn’t part of my minion build. And if someone as good as you didn’t know what to use how do you expect everyone to just glean this knowledge out of the thin air? I never said anything about glitches, just saying.

Fractals says right in the opening cinematic that it will test you. If your not willing to study the encounters, study your classes, study class combos, and vary your build to best fit the encounters; then quite frankly FoTM isn’t for you.

Play the way you want. In this case, don’t play Fractals. It’s not for everyone. Just how all content may not be for everyone. Your desire to finish Living Story updates needs to be measured with your ability to adapt as well. Most LS updates haven’t had to much adapting required but there has been a few ( Aetherblade Retreat / Molten Compound ).

Just remember, there is a huge amount of GW2 fansites with the information you need to be successful in EVERY part of the game. You just need to want those things enough to seek that information out.

~De Oppresso Libre~
Shunsui Kou Kyoraku~Thief |Afro Claptrap~Warrior|Korra Jorradóttir~Elementalist
Zaraki Bladebreaker~Guardian|Mikasa Ackkermann~Mesmer

in Fractured

Posted by: Fafnir.5124

Fafnir.5124

you get 2^fractal level-2/X points per fotm completion if there is an exponential scale in difficulty points gained per completion should reflect that.

in Fractured

Mortifer.2946

why aren’t they supposed to be attainable. So heres the Story for some of you even if I’m an old acient relict I gonna tell you this: Anet realeased a new dungeon with infinite Levels Players wanted to go as high as they could to seek for real challenge ppl got to Level 80 and realised that this is the cap sooo where did anet not intend us to go there? the agony on scale 50-79 you could survive (before the patch with softcap at lvl 40 ) with cooridnating a Team really nice if you had a necro with deathshroud an ele with rezsignet and heal and guards with elite tome on top of that you used perfect Timing and a fullset of healing power. Sooo absolutly nothing used here besides skills to Keep 1 of the Group alive.. you can’t blame on any exploit or anything… so stop infracting ppl with saying we weren’t intended to go there you have no proof. and I know for a fact that it was possible without rez orbs or 99% rez or rock things.. So we were intended to go there! otherwise they would just have told us when I asked them if 80 is the cap 11 months ago:)

I am sorry, I didn’t mean to flag you as an exploiter. I just think that developers never cared about those who went 50+ because from that point, Jade Maw’s agony always wipe you, even if you have higher AR. And now they reworked it so level 50 is maximum – that’s all I was pointing out to. BTW. there is no need for level 80 now – Anet stated that you will be able to choose fractal weapon skins as an final reward on high level fractal runs.

in Fractured

Posted by: Fafnir.5124

Fafnir.5124

People who get to 80 aren’t for skins but to mine the mobs and get mad gold one 80 dredge run I think nets 5-10g.

in Fractured

Mortifer.2946

People who get to 80 aren’t for skins but to mine the mobs and get mad gold one 80 dredge run I think nets 5-10g.

Well, indeed, that is/was pretty nice. Personally I hate dredge fractal, the first room with unlocking the door is pain.