Recall Ellen Kiel

Recall Ellen Kiel

in Fractured

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

All I’m reading here is sour grapes.
Please give it up already. Kiel won, end of story.
Everyone benefited from her election promises, not just the people that voted for her.

Asking for a recall?
What possible “legal” grounds could you justify it? (keeping in mind the nature of LA’s cut-throat politics).

Sour grapes in a cup of bitter tears.

We shall see whether people benefited when the Fractal comes out. The fractal was always the main point of contention, after all (as someone said, a single 10 minute CoF run would pay the entire WP bill for the period, after all).

If the Fractal releases, and the reactor was overloaded by Scarlet or something, then everybody will most definitely not have benefited.

Don’t be ignorrant. This is also true for the Evon fractal. You do realise the same team would have worked on it?
The fractal can also be this way: Scarlet would have created alliance with Abbadon and fail, thus resulting in Abbadon’s death.

i think that wouldnt make much sense. Why would a god ally with a turnip. Abbadon is the god of all that is known and unknown, scarlet cant play him, or offer him knowledge, he is the god of knowledge.

On the otherhand, thaumonova and scarlett make perfect sense, she is known to be affiliated with them, and probably in the same time range.

I hope they do more with abbadon, and get into him not just as the one dimensional villain, but as the god who sought to give man knowledge/power. He clashes with his brethren because he essentially believed in man more than they did.

Except, mankind were begging for it to be taken away as it was causing them nothing but trouble.

yeah, the king petitioned them, how did everyone else feel? who knows. But knowledge is pretty dangerous, maybe he believed in them too much. Still i think its an interesting story. Of course its possible that if they did do abbadon story they could make it as black and white, and campy as scarlett is, so maybe its for the best they dont. Its also possible it could have been awesome though

Recall Ellen Kiel

in Fractured

Posted by: Aedelric.1287

Aedelric.1287

I heard that Ellen Kiel likes to shoot Quaggans from an airship, something about them being a dangers and needed culling.

You support Ellen Kiel, you support Quaggan blood sports.

Vote Evon 1327!

“I am Evon Gnashblade and this message is acceptable to me.”

Recall Ellen Kiel

in Fractured

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

You guys better don’t let Evon down again and buy enough of his black lion chests for tokens next time!

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

Recall Ellen Kiel

in Fractured

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

Kiel didn’t win, the players did. With her promotion she has left the Living Story alone (admittedly Scarlet isn’t doing better) and her burden on the story has been lifted (the average fanfiction has more interesting characters than what Kiel put across as lead of several Living Story arcs). Another election would push her back into the spotlight, something I hope we never have to endure again.

Honestly, I don’t think the election worked well. It got some players engaged (in a way, some of it was negative, some of it was positive) but the caricatures that Kiel and Evon represented were insulting and a low point for the story. The election had so much baggage (cheaper WPs, good vs evil, pachinko box hate tied to Evon, Fractal choice – the list goes on) it is impossible to determine exactly what it is players decided. We know Kiel won, we will never know why. There were too many variables for the election to fairly represent any of the specific issues, like an unpopular law that gets passed because it was tacked onto an irrelevant bill. The GW2 election really emphasises some of the worst things about American (in particular, but not exclusively) politics.

I think the story is better off dealing with more traditional conflicts, leave the politics for the real world. If they want to give players choice in the future, there has got to be a better way.

Recall Ellen Kiel

in Fractured

Posted by: Fafnir.5124

Fafnir.5124

and in her place we get a keil equivalent characters

Recall Ellen Kiel

in Fractured

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

I voted with my gut, and my gut told me gnashblade is only looking out for one guy: gnashblade.

I’d like to see more elections later, but let the decsions in the future be more ephemeral so players are more inclined to vote with their gut (and vote once!) than with their wallet, desire to see a specific fractal, etc.

I would have liked to see an election in which players decided who to vote for based specifically on who they though would actually be the best choice for LA.

I understand that’s not how politics works but… isn’t this a fantasy game?

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

Recall Ellen Kiel

in Fractured

Posted by: Manuhell.2759

Manuhell.2759

I wonder what would happen if Kiel was removed and we had a new council member. One that got that place due to actual merit. One who protected Lion’s Arch and the whole world from the menace of Zhaitan.

Yes, i’m talking about Trahearne.

Oh, the rage that would ensue.

Recall Ellen Kiel

in Fractured

Rouven.7409

I wonder what would happen if Kiel was removed and we had a new council member. One that got that place due to actual merit. One who protected Lion’s Arch and the whole world from the menace of Zhaitan.

I’d vote for him and then walk through Lions Arch, muttering: “This won’t end well.”

Recall Ellen Kiel

in Fractured

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

Extra Extra! Salad Scoops Council Captain! Trahearne Trumps Kiel in Killer Coup!

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

Recall Ellen Kiel

in Fractured

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

The lore behind the fall of a god is much more important than the Inquest blowing up an experiment. The landscape of Tyria was forever changed in the god wars, and missing out on a chance to see just a tiny part of it is disheartening.

It wasn’t just about GW1 lore tying into GW2 lore. It’s part of the backstory of the overall GW universe.

Well the Reactor also has changed the landscape of Tyria (also forever, for all we know).

Reactor is also lore releated to the GW universe, just newer lore.

You Evonists really need to stop complaining about the loss of Abaddon fractal. With either fractal we still get GW lore, one just happens to be newer lore (which is potentially more relevant, since the gods pretty much have abandoned the humans).

#KielForJustice

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Recall Ellen Kiel

in Fractured

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

True Reactor lore is relevant. But keep in mind that the Reactor’s side effects from the experiment is small scale compared to the battle between gods. Even Shiro’s magic explosion from GW:Factions had more of an impact than the Chaos energies released in the current story (i.e. Jade sea).

So as I brought up previously, the loss of the human gods lore Fractal is quite significant. I can only hope that we get a chance to put Evon in charge. Otherwise, as Anet stated, the other Fractal will never be made.

Although another compromise would be if Ree Soesbee would write a book detailing the past lore. I’d gladly pay for that.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Recall Ellen Kiel

in Fractured

Rouven.7409

(..) I can only hope that we get a chance to put Evon in charge. Otherwise, as Anet stated, the other Fractal will never be made.

(…)

I’m pretty sure that this was a one time deal, meaning that particular fractal will not be on the table anymore – but it may be between two others (or maybe something different anyways).

Not saying it should be, but that’s how I understood the terms. We’ll see it when we get there. I’m actually curious when that might be.

Recall Ellen Kiel

in Fractured

Posted by: Mickey Frogeater.1470

Mickey Frogeater.1470

Personally I hope either Evon or Mad King Thorn busts into a Fractal containing Abaddon’s prison and freeing him and bringing him to present Tyria(out of religious reasons if Evon or out of Insanity reasons if Mad King Thorn).

Abbadon’s defeat at the hands of the Gods will never be shown yet they never mentioned other events in Abaddon’s history.

Recall Ellen Kiel

in Fractured

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

I didn’t take the fractal into account when deciding to vote. I value quality of gameplay over lore, and because I had no idea which fractal would end up with the most entertaining gameplay, I couldn’t let it affect my choice.

I never buy keys, yet I do use waypoints. A handful of silver saved is better than nothing at all, so Kiel got my vote. And she delivered.

Recall Ellen Kiel

in Fractured

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

So as I brought up previously, the loss of the human gods lore Fractal is quite significant.

Why? Significant for who? What does it change for anybody to know more about this, other than personal satisfaction/curiosity? Even the “living” gods are no longer relevant in Tyria. They’re not active. They might as well not exist. So… what?

I as a player don’t care about the old gods.
My human characters are more invested in the things that happen right now. My asuran, charr, norn and sylvari characters don’t give a skritt about human gods either.

So I don’t know what your definition of “quite significant” is. Maybe you meant “interesting to me”? Which would be fair enough and a good enough reason for you to vote for whichever fractal you chose. But please don’t try to make other people feel like they did it “wrong”.

Recall Ellen Kiel

in Fractured

Smooth Penguin.5294

So as I brought up previously, the loss of the human gods lore Fractal is quite significant.

Why? Significant for who? What does it change for anybody to know more about this, other than personal satisfaction/curiosity? Even the “living” gods are no longer relevant in Tyria. They’re not active. They might as well not exist. So… what?

My human characters are more invested in the things that happen right now. My asuran, charr, norn and sylvari characters don’t give a skritt about human gods either.

So I don’t know what your definition of “quite significant” is. Maybe you meant “interesting to me”? Which would be fair enough and a good enough reason for you to vote for whichever fractal you chose. But please don’t try to make other people feel like they did it “wrong”.

Well it’s safe to say that since you don’t care for any lore, it makes sense that you wouldn’t understand the importance of such a major event like the fall of a god.

I’ll leave you with this: Without the lore from the past, there would be no GW1, and thus no GW2. The Guild Wars universe is Story centric. Lore drives the events that take place. Without it, then the game becomes a “kill ten skritt” and win the game.

PS – The Six gods are part of the Eternal Alchemy (asura religion), more powerful than the Titans (charr past religion), greater than the Spirits of the Wild (norn religion), and more significant than the Dream (sylvari religion).

Recall Ellen Kiel

in Fractured

Posted by: A Massive Headache.1879

A Massive Headache.1879

Well it’s safe to say that since you don’t care for any lore, it makes sense that you wouldn’t understand the importance of such a major event like the fall of a god.

I’ll leave you with this: Without the lore from the past, there would be no GW1, and thus no GW2. The Guild Wars universe is Story centric. Lore drives the events that take place. Without it, then the game becomes a “kill ten skritt” and win the game.

PS – The Six gods are part of the Eternal Alchemy (asura religion), more powerful than the Titans (charr past religion), greater than the Spirits of the Wild (norn religion), and more significant than the Dream (sylvari religion).

That is entirely opinionated, seeing as how we don’t actually fully understand how the mists work. and on another point, I highly doubt the gw2 team would handle such lore with care anyways.

Recall Ellen Kiel

in Fractured

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

That is entirely opinionated, seeing as how we don’t actually fully understand how the mists work. and on another point, I highly doubt the gw2 team would handle such lore with care anyways.

No, actually, I’ll have to agree with him on this one. Without Abbadon, Guild Wars just wouldn’t be Guild Wars. He was responsible for a ton of important stuff (such as the introduction of magic to mortal races). Learning more about his character and history would be intriguing.

NSPride <3

Recall Ellen Kiel

in Fractured

Posted by: Trixie.7614

Trixie.7614

I heard that Ellen Kiel likes to shoot Quaggans from an airship, something about them being a dangers and needed culling.

You support Ellen Kiel, you support Quaggan blood sports.

Vote Evon 1327!

You support Evon Gnarshblade, you support countless zergs of people standing in straits of devastation, purchasing quaggan tonics.

Glorious Human Master Race

Recall Ellen Kiel

in Fractured

Posted by: Aedelric.1287

Aedelric.1287

You support Evon Gnarshblade, you support countless zergs of people standing in straits of devastation, purchasing quaggan tonics.

That is complete slander!

See what Ms Kiel supporters resort to? Blackening Mr Gnashblades good name with false accusations that his supporters are tonic drinking mindless hordes. What has the political situation in Lions Arch come to?

You vote for Evon and you vote for honest election campaigns.

“I am Evon Gnashblade and this message is acceptable to me.”

Recall Ellen Kiel

in Fractured

Smooth Penguin.5294

Kiel supporters continue to smear Evon’s good name. I can only hope that Anet realizes that there was a mistake made by the players, and that we have a “Living Story Recall Election” to pull Ellen Kiel out, and place Evon Gnashblade on the Captain’s Council.

And if/when we recall Kiel, I think it would be fair that players pay back all discounted WP costs that she gave. Tis a small price to pay to have Evon in his rightful place, since he’s the Hero of Lion’s Arch.

Evon – The People’s Charr

Recall Ellen Kiel

in Fractured

Posted by: Thobek.1730

Thobek.1730

I will laugh if the thaumanova reactor’s fallout is caused by the player characters themselves.

From what I just saw in the Dev twitch stream be prepared to laugh.

Recall Ellen Kiel

in Fractured

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

I will laugh if the thaumanova reactor’s fallout is caused by the player characters themselves.

Yup, he said we were the inquest strike team, correct?

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Recall Ellen Kiel

in Fractured

Smooth Penguin.5294

Wait wait wait. I didn’t see the stream. Are you confirming that the entire lore of the Reactor Fractal… is based on someone “we” did, or will do? As in our interference with the Fractal research caused a rift in time, and lead to the Reactor breaking. Or is it just that we’ll play the part of the Inquest who caused the meltdown?

In either scenario, this makes the case for a Recall Election even greater. I feel so bad for Evon and his supporters right now. The Abaddon Fractal is just screaming to be built…

(edited by Smooth Penguin.5294)

Recall Ellen Kiel

in Fractured

Posted by: GoldenTruth.2853

GoldenTruth.2853

Wait wait wait. I didn’t see the stream. Are you confirming that the entire lore of the Reactor Fractal… is based on someone “we” did, or will do? As in our interference with the Fractal research caused a rift in time, and lead to the Reactor breaking. Or is it just that we’ll play the part of the Inquest who caused the meltdown?

In either scenario, this makes the case for a Recall Election even greater. I feel so bad for Evon and his supporters right now. The Abaddon Fractal is just screaming to be built…

People are just confusing the fractals of the mist with a time travel device. From the short segment we saw we will probably just play the part of the Inquest who caused the meltdown.

Alara Vesmir – Guardian
Tyr Sylvison – Warrior
Illyiah – Revenant

Recall Ellen Kiel

in Fractured

Smooth Penguin.5294

People are just confusing the fractals of the mist with a time travel device. From the short segment we saw we will probably just play the part of the Inquest who caused the meltdown.

/sigh

Evon would have given us some good lore with his Fractal. This livestream is additional proof to that fact.

Recall Ellen Kiel

in Fractured

Posted by: GoldenTruth.2853

GoldenTruth.2853

/sigh

Evon would have given us some good lore with his Fractal. This livestream is additional proof to that fact.

As a fervent Gnashblade supporter you were going to say that regardless of what I told you

Alara Vesmir – Guardian
Tyr Sylvison – Warrior
Illyiah – Revenant

Recall Ellen Kiel

in Fractured

Smooth Penguin.5294

/sigh

As a fervent Gnashblade supporter you were going to say that regardless of what I told you

Because no matter what response you gave, they all lead to the same conclusion: people should have voted Evon Gnashblade.

Recall Ellen Kiel

in Fractured

Posted by: Sarie.1630

Sarie.1630

And BL Keys and RNG are still here. Voting for Kiel did nothing in that regards.

Responding purely to this.

For many players, myself partially included, it was considered that a vote for Evon was a vote of support for RNG Black Lion Chest weapons.

Yes, they already existed. Yes, they’re still here, arguably the system is worse. I’ll know, however, that I did not vote for the NPC who claims to be in charge of the BLTC, and therefore I am not showing my support and admiration of such a system.

ArenaNet will ignore it, of course, and do whatever NCSoft tells them to do with the Black Lion Trading Company when it comes down to it. Let’s not kid ourselves. In essence, the election meant very, very little. Probably some weird social experiment for a local university?

#tinfoilhat

Recall Ellen Kiel

in Fractured

Posted by: Thobek.1730

Thobek.1730

Yup, he said we were the inquest strike team, correct?

Inquest Infiltrator Squad – first thing they did was blowing a hole in the reactor wall allowing themselves entry.

I remember theories on chaos magic opening rifts in time and maybe we would see the creator(s) of the steamcreatures (oddly enough there is one above the reactor if you have the keys) and it was their doing that the reactor explodes. But there was/is an opportunity to learn about their origin and explain why it currently sits above the reactor.

But alas it could just be the Inquest that causes the explosion which would be a disappointment considering the other possibilities.

Recall Ellen Kiel

in Fractured

Smooth Penguin.5294

And BL Keys and RNG are still here. Voting for Kiel did nothing in that regards.

Responding purely to this.

For many players, myself partially included, it was considered that a vote for Evon was a vote of support for RNG Black Lion Chest weapons.

Yes, they already existed. Yes, they’re still here, arguably the system is worse. I’ll know, however, that I did not vote for the NPC who claims to be in charge of the BLTC, and therefore I am not showing my support and admiration of such a system.

ArenaNet will ignore it, of course, and do whatever NCSoft tells them to do with the Black Lion Trading Company when it comes down to it. Let’s not kid ourselves. In essence, the election meant very, very little. Probably some weird social experiment for a local university?

#tinfoilhat

As with real life politics, each camp will have their supporters, and those who just don’t care. As a hardcore Evon supporter, I know for a fact the GW2 universe would have been better off with him winning. But alas, he was the under dog in this race. Too many people only saw him as the evil charr, while they saw Kiel as the goody human princess warrior.