Skin acquirement needs to stay hard

in Fractured

Posted by: Thorquist.8126

Thorquist.8126

Unfortunately the change doesn’t apply to items that have already been acquired.

Can you at least make them salvagable or make it possible to throw them into mystic toilet?

in Fractured

Posted by: Penguin.7906

Penguin.7906

I don’t understand why they couldn’t make existing fractal weapons tradable to some npc, so you could get them as weapon skins instead. Just as they did with unbreakable harvesting tools.

Shuriyo

in Fractured

Posted by: Hermes.7014

Hermes.7014

I don’t understand why they couldn’t make existing fractal weapons tradable to some npc, so you could get them as weapon skins instead. Just as they did with unbreakable harvesting tools.

That is exactly what I was thinking. It shouldn’t be an hard task for developers to compile such vendor NPC.

Whether something is either wrong or right, someone will always complain about it.

in Fractured

Posted by: Knopa.8460

Knopa.8460

Unfortunately the change doesn’t apply to items that have already been acquired. Ultimately that’s what I wanted but there was a pretty severe technical limitation on this, so we thought it would be better to make the newly items work this way rather than postpone the conversion any longer.

Also, at higher Fractal levels the weapon skins become more common, and also start dropping in a container that lets you pick the one you want.

Emm just make an NPC to exchange skins like the other guys said, i dont see how it can be a technical problem? And is there any solution for mines and i think alot of others players incredible ring collection that fills up 2-3 chars of inventory space ?

in Fractured

Posted by: Satakal.6971

Satakal.6971

Also, at higher Fractal levels the weapon skins become more common, and also start dropping in a container that lets you pick the one you want.

I know a lot of people have been bothering you about fractal skins over the past year, but if we will be able to pick the weapon skin we want, I believe the drop rate should be even lower than it currently is. Everybody wants the hot rewards, but they only want them for themselves. Common rewards aren’t attractive. Still, I applaud your efforts to refine the way the skins are acquired.

in Fractured

Posted by: Estriella Faerie.4029

Estriella Faerie.4029

Unfortunately the change doesn’t apply to items that have already been acquired. Ultimately that’s what I wanted but there was a pretty severe technical limitation on this.

Can’t you do the exact same thing you did for the gathering tools last patch ? Put an npc with which we can trade our old fractal weapons with the new ones ?

in Fractured

Posted by: JanoRis.8703

JanoRis.8703

So no updated way in which to acquire a specific skin? Great I guess I’ll need to grind another 200 dailies to not get the skin I want.

He said in higher lvl fractals the skins drop in a container that let’s you choose. So the way to get a skin has been updated.

in Fractured

Posted by: panzer.6034

panzer.6034

Unfortunately the change doesn’t apply to items that have already been acquired.

Can you at least make them salvagable or make it possible to throw them into mystic toilet?

The weapons are currently salvagable.

in Fractured

Posted by: Patrikan Habaton.2548

Patrikan Habaton.2548

The new level 10 is the old level 25, they really aren’t moving anything. You just haven’t understood the new level mechanics fully.

Old 1-50 = new 1-30. new 30+ = higher difficulty

That’s also why they are resetting everyone to 30 since that is where everyone is after the new difficulty rebalance.

And where exactly did they state that? They only state they will up the difficulty of 30+ with the mistlock instabilies. But I can’t find anything that would indicate that the new 30 might become as hard as the old 50.

“As you level up within the Fractals of the Mists, enemies become more challenging (up to a maximum level of 50)”

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/upcoming-changes-for-the-fractals-of-the-mists

50 is the max difficulty now. After 50 the scaling of mobs hits its maximum and the only thing that changes is the mistlock abilities.

Previously the difficulty of the mobs didn’t hit the max even at level 80 as far as I am aware. They seem to have rescaled the difficulty by ~2.

I could have sworn they specifically mentioned the rescaling, but I can’t find it now. We will know for sure in a week I suppose.

Scalling bevore: 80-81 between lvl 0-20 81-82 between lvl 20-40 82-83 between lvl 40-60 83-84 between 60-80. at 80 all Mobs were 84 wich is the cap moblevel at 81 still all Mobs lvl 84 I was excited when we hit 80 to see first lvl 85 Mobs.. but meh I didn’t see em when progressing past 80. They told rescaling 40-50 to about 50-59… so meh It’s easy contnet don’t Hype easy Content as anet already does it will be easy

first scale 81 fractals

in Fractured

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Spoiler: there was always a rare chance to get them in the 10-20ish. The only change we made was to make them skins so you can apply them without spending a transmutation stone.

i’m looking forward to getting ascended weapons, fractal weapon skins for my level 10 – 20+ fractal runs.

thanks again!

in Fractured

Posted by: StarDroid.1038

StarDroid.1038

Well that lvl 10-19 part makes me wonder…
Wiki now says you can’t get skins at thous lvls, but the last update was only few days ago…
Their are already so few items in game that show your dedication or rng luck and can’t be simply bought with money… If after the next patch people will start getting skins from lvls 10 it will be a sad day. I spend a long long time until I got my sword, sb, pistol and frankly I don’t want other to have it easy now…

Many will not agree, but if I can chose my skin then the drop rate of thous boxes should be very low, because getting your skin should be something you really want and give it a lot of time and some may get lucky, some may not get lucky, it life/rng… It needs to be hard so after you get it you would get a feeling of a achievement for your self.

This update makes me worry, because I don’t want fractal skins to become dungeon skins. Don’t make them more common plz plz plz…. Don’t carter this time to general public, lets us 1-15% of players be happy with our skins.

(edited by StarDroid.1038)

in Fractured

Posted by: Kadin.3086

Kadin.3086

Wiki now says you can’t get skins at thous lvls, but the last update was only few days ago…
Their are already so few items in game that show your dedication or rng luck and can’t be simply bought with money… If after the next patch people will start getting skins from lvls 10 it will be a sad day. I spend a long long time until I got my sword, sb, pistol and frankly I don’t want other to have it easy now…

Many will not agree, but if I can chose my skin then the drop rate of thous boxes should be very low, because getting your skin should be something you really want and give it a lot of time and some may get lucky, some may not get lucky, it life/rng… It needs to be hard so after you get it you would get a feeling of a achievement for your self.

This update makes me worry, because I don’t want fractal skins to become dungeon skins. Don’t make them more common plz plz plz…. Don’t carter this time to general public, lets us 1-15% of players be happy with our skins.

oh jesus christ, you want some ice cream? maybe a hug? the tears.. so many

in Fractured

Posted by: OMNIBUS.2913

OMNIBUS.2913

So now that you got your skin you want nobody else to have it? get over yourself….This rng crap was bad from the beginning and if your honest with yourself you know it is too. I could care less if a bunch of people have it, its the only thing that matches my guard! The dedication is just an excuse, rng is the source. If you wana feel special buy the staff scythe skin or ghastly grinning shield on tp lol. And lower lvls the drop rate will probably still be really bad.

in b4 someone says fractal weapons are the only ones you cant buy and have to earn! You hardly earn them, unless of course u ran millions of fractals you just got lucky!

in Fractured

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

OMG YEEEEESSSSS, ok im much happier now

Seconded! That’s great news!

Would still have preferred a way to trade Pristine Fractal Relics for them (or be able to sell the skins on the TP), but I’ll take that.

in Fractured

Posted by: Sindex.9520

Sindex.9520

Spoiler: there was always a rare chance to get them in the 10-20ish. The only change we made was to make them skins so you can apply them without spending a transmutation stone.

There was always “a rare chance” to get Final Rest from the Shadow Behemoth – it just never happened in the lifetime of the game until the fix that made them fairly common.

No one has ever reported getting fractal weapons to my knowledge from sub-20s play. Either that chance was insignificant or the table was broken.

Wow you read my mind on what I was thinking about. Yeah, when it comes to drop rates I trust the players statistical data then most of the A-net’s slighted information now. Due to the whole Final Rest debacle. I also was one of those who was looking for that dam thing.

in Fractured

Posted by: panzer.6034

panzer.6034

“I grinded Fractals 20 till i got lucky so I’m more l33t than the ‘general public’ that will grind Fractals 10 till they get lucky.” lmao.

in Fractured

Posted by: Upham.6137

Upham.6137

HOLY S H * T!!!

<3

Bläck Dähliä

in Fractured

Posted by: IceBlink.4317

IceBlink.4317

While the fractal weapon skin box is a great idea for higher levels (I know someone who has spent months doing fractals in attempt to get specific skins), I’m also for the option regarding a vendor to help convert fractal weapons into fractal skins, after seeing it done for infinite gathering tools.

It would also help let people decide if they want to salvage them (if they have a surplus amount) in attempt for ectos and dark matter, or convert into skins for storage space (as skins are stackable).

in Fractured

Posted by: Karalaza.6021

Karalaza.6021

Unfortunately the change doesn’t apply to items that have already been acquired. Ultimately that’s what I wanted but there was a pretty severe technical limitation on this, so we thought it would be better to make the newly items work this way rather than postpone the conversion any longer.

Why not add it as you have already for the infinite gathering tools? Make the old weapons tradeable at a NPC that gives skin items (make them account bound if you wish)

in Fractured

Posted by: Skribulous.3521

Skribulous.3521

Are they account bound still?

Whether they are tradeable (and thus can be sold at the TP now) or not is the real question everyone has in their minds but most do not dare to ask.

in Fractured

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

My guess is that they will remain account bound (even though I personally would like them to be tradeable). The move from them to being skins (and the new Fractal skin box) suggests that ANet wants them to remain as prestige skins for Fractals veterans.

in Fractured

Posted by: Shpongle.6025

Shpongle.6025

Well that’s some good news

Are you Shpongled?

in Fractured

Posted by: Scoundrel.2139

Scoundrel.2139

Quick! Take a screenshot so you can prove to all the internets you got your skin before the patch!

Veni, Vidi, Victa.
Quidquid Latine Dictum Sit, Altum Videtur

in Fractured

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

If there always was a chance to drop them on levels 10+, and you didn’t change those chances, then it means they still won’t be dropping there, because i haven’t heard about even one occasion where someone got a fractal skin at these levels. Guess it might be Final Rest case once again.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

in Fractured

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

thank you….

Another really good news for old fractal players…we didn t already got enough slap in the face

What about sending us some trasmutation crystals similar to what happened with legendary owners?

I don t think its so hard to track exotic weapons with no stats.

P.S. i NEVER heard anyone dropping a fotm skin on level 10.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

(edited by LordByron.8369)

in Fractured

Posted by: Daendur.2357

Daendur.2357

that’s a good news.

an unhappy thief with fractal longbow + fractal torch.

Black Thunders [BT] – Gandara

in Fractured

LordByron.8369

@Anthony

Easy way to not ruin old player progression

Could you make a minor change to NEW fractal skins.

Since we wasted gems on trasmutations and months in acquisition….

Caould you change the colour and or the trail colour?

In this way with minimal effort you preserve OLD fractal players rewards….

Thank you.

GW2 balance:
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

in Fractured

Daendur.2357

@Anthony

Easy way to not ruin old player progression

Could you make a minor change to NEW fractal skins.

Since we wasted gems on trasmutations and months in acquisition….

Caould you change the colour and or the trail colour?

In this way with minimal effort you preserve OLD fractal players rewards….

Thank you.

So a player who didn’t get them will never be able to ?
No thanks.

in Fractured

LordByron.8369

So a player who didn’t get them will never be able to ?
No thanks.

can i get today tequatl wings?
how about the Crystal node in personal istance?
and azurite orbs?
minis series 1?
chainsaw?

Is a minor chromatic difference enough for any player interested in their aesthetic to want the old one?

don t think so

Can i have your stuff since you want easy access to mine?

i will gladly accept a 1:1 Exchange for old fotm skins with rare exotic weapon skins….also.

Or i d like the rarity somehow preserved if i invested the time i did in getting my skins in something else i ’d have 4 legendaries today with much less effort.

GW2 balance:

(edited by LordByron.8369)

in Fractured

Daendur.2357

Living story is a temporary content with temporary rewards.

FoTM isn’t.

in Fractured

LordByron.8369

FoTM isn’t.

more excuses….

Ok no problem
Then change OLD fotm weapons add some glow….
You were never entitled to rewards you never worked for…..

Do you relly think is fair taking a hard skin and just making it easy to get and suddenly better than the old? (they are even SKINS while the old one will still be weapons with no stats…..so we have to waste trasmutation crystals).

GW2 balance:

in Fractured

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

FoTM isn’t.

That’s why they are removing levels 31-80, because it’s permanent.

in Fractured

Posted by: Aven.9156

Aven.9156

In this situation will notice transmutation stone that were already used to convert weapons

in Fractured

Daendur.2357

Do you relly think is fair taking a hard skin and just making it easy to get and suddenly better than the old? (they are even SKINS while the old one will still be weapons with no stats…..so we have to waste trasmutation crystals).

They never said they will raise drop rate.
btw it is fair since you can get new skins too.

for the lvl 31-80 cut, what’s the problem with that ?
they won’t take back what you dropped.

in Fractured

LordByron.8369

dropping to level 10 and adding boxes with the weapon to choose is not making them easier?
Fotm 10 nowaday is way easier than most dungeons…..

And no despite what dev said, weapons never drop from lvl 10….can be the same situation of final rest.

GW2 balance:

in Fractured

Daendur.2357

And no despite what dev said, weapons never drop from lvl 10….

because you know it.

in Fractured

LordByron.8369

And no despite what dev said, weapons never drop from lvl 10….can be the same situation of final rest.

because you know it.

Prove me dragons doesn t exist…..

I d say because NOONE never have been heard from nobody dropping a fotm skins on <20 and 20 had really low chances.

GW2 balance:

in Fractured

Daendur.2357

I d say because NOONE never have been heard from nobody dropping a fotm skins on <20 and 20 had really low chances.

you surely have better data than the ppl who actually created the game and can log and check everything.

in Fractured

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

you surely have better data than the ppl who actually created the game and can log and check everything.

I heard the same thing with the few previous claims.

in Fractured

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

The same people that claimed that Final Rest was dropping in game, and eventually were forced to admit that no, it didn’t?

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

in Fractured

Posted by: iriyabran.6218

iriyabran.6218

Any chance you can make a mf recipe that uses old skins to get a container ? Just a suggestion I was told to post on here.

in Fractured

Posted by: Jeremlloyd.6837

Jeremlloyd.6837

Any chance you can make a mf recipe that uses old skins to get a container ? Just a suggestion I was told to post on here.

Yeah or being able to change them with a new npc (trade the weapon for the skin)

in Fractured

Posted by: Silberfisch.3046

Silberfisch.3046

Is there any chance this is still in the pipeline for the future? Or has the “make existing weapons into skins too” project been entirely abandoned due to the mentioned technical difficulties?
Just mild curiosity actually since I’ve already consoled myself to the use of transmutation stones for those I have still stored in my bank.

Edit:
Ok, shame on me I missed the post above mine.

Yeah or being able to change them with a new npc (trade the weapon for the skin)

This actually looks like a very reasonable idea to me. And it might not be that difficult to implement as well.

If you happen to stumble across any typos,
you may keep them to rear new and interesting variants in your basement.

(edited by Silberfisch.3046)

in Fractured

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

Can you do a swap from old to new version at a vendor like you did with the soulbound → account bound infinite gathering tools?

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

in Fractured

Posted by: Arc DLad.2194

Arc DLad.2194

epic finally have a better chance of getting the weapon i want.
but i’d say they could add a merchant to trade the old fractal weapons (in banks) for new weapon chests. that would be epic.
but i’d love to open a chest and see:
fractal skin +kitten weapon.

How does Treahern change a light bulb?
“commander can i have a word”

in Fractured

Posted by: Falkor.7932

Falkor.7932

Any chance of a merchant to trade current weapons → fractal weapon chests like you did for infinite tools?

“One time! I slightly blew some of us up one time, and you won’t let it go.”
- Explorer Bekk

in Fractured

Posted by: Protoavis.9107

Protoavis.9107

I don t think its so hard to track exotic weapons with no stats.

I have a bunch….it’s old Magic Find gear (some of which still drop in game…)

Let us buy vendor mats (eg spools of thread) in 250 stacks, end the excessive clicking.

in Fractured

Posted by: Moshari.8570

Moshari.8570

Any chance of a merchant to trade current weapons -> fractal weapon chests like you did for infinite tools?

would love this. Especially since I have 4 maces, 3 sceptres, 1 torch, 2 tridents, 2 spears, 1 longsword, 1 greatsword, 3 daggers, 1 pistol, 1 rifle, 1 harpoon gun, and a partridge in a pear tree….but I still do not have a shield, staff, or the AXE I have wanted for a LONG time!

would also love if the old weapons got a slightly different effect since the hardest part about them (getting the one that you wanted) required you to do countless fractals and now people could do it with a single weapon box.

in Fractured

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

Send a free fine transmutation stone for every non “skin” fractal item. =D (maybe to a max of 2-4 per account if potential for abuse)

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

in Fractured

Posted by: Penguin.7906

Penguin.7906

I have like 30 skins i’ll never use because transmutation cost is way too high.

Shuriyo