Thaumanova Reactor: No WP to respawn?

in Fractured

Posted by: Lagg.3960

Lagg.3960

The spawning corpses in LA are hilarious!

Just completed Thaumanova with a fair bit of LA respawning myself…

Hey, I just bash you, and this is frenzy,
But here’s my Wammo, so heal me maybe?

in Fractured

Posted by: Greyfur.1082

Greyfur.1082

This is why you need a public test server, the people you have right now are not up to par.

in Fractured

Posted by: Bry.8140

Bry.8140

Stuck up the top after killing the boss :@

in Fractured

Posted by: Zach.3264

Zach.3264

Revive orbs work.
If you die during boss, get the person with orbs to relog and revive then get everyone else to do the same.

in Fractured

Posted by: zorokai.1486

zorokai.1486

before you people blow up at Anet, yes they do many silly things, but content every 2 weeks is something most games don’t have – and its free, keep in mind too making a game is not easy – but this WP thing….. really screwed that up…

I know, and I’ve been one of ANet’s most vocal defenders on here when it comes to bugs and accidents and the living story concept what not. Working in IT support, I know how much can go wrong under a tight schedule.

And yet, I cannot understand at all how this one slipped through QA.

yea i dont understand how they could have missed out on like the most important part of the dungeon…. thats unforgivable

Baldur [SL]

in Fractured

Posted by: Elbegast.6970

Elbegast.6970

Thanks for the report. We’re looking into it right now.

You should have been ‘looking into it’ a month ago. By the time you release the buggy content, it’s too late to fix it…..with the two-week, temporary aspect and all. You are upsetting the playerbase and damaging the reputation of your game with your lack of due diligence.

When was the last time an ArenaNet employee actually stayed after hours to work without pay? I do it all the time and I’m also in the gaming industry. If you really love the game you’ve created, you should value it above your meager wages.

in Fractured

Posted by: Lukas.3950

Lukas.3950

i volunteer as (testing) tribute.

in Fractured

Posted by: Esprit Dumort.3109

Esprit Dumort.3109

No checklist for something as basic as a party wipe?

Also, if you try the relog trick, it doesn’t let you get to the reward chest after the last boss. Until they fix it, save a res orb for that.

Jessamine [SNOW]
Gandara

in Fractured

Posted by: Kanto.1659

Kanto.1659

yea i dont understand how they could have missed out on like the most important part of the dungeon…. thats unforgivable

You mean, like the Queen’s Jubilee and that Liandri fiasco of orbs with the hitbox under the ground, the dome ceiling making the camera fluctuate wildly and etc?

in Fractured

Posted by: Scoundrel.2139

Scoundrel.2139

LoL! Well that was a waste of time. What kitten is this?
Next patch I wouldn’t be surprised if the Login button had vanished.

Veni, Vidi, Victa.
Quidquid Latine Dictum Sit, Altum Videtur

in Fractured

Posted by: Pennry.9215

Pennry.9215

Best part is how many times the guys in the preview stated that QA had been playing it.

in Fractured

Posted by: kyro.8162

kyro.8162

Anet had 8 weeks to fix this >.> (keep in mind that there are 4 living story teams)

Sanctum of Rall
New Namek [Kami]
Guardian/Ele/Warrior/Engi/Mes/Necro/Ranger

in Fractured

Posted by: Canguro.5768

Canguro.5768

same issue, we had to go to character select screen to get back to LA then to the fractal, at least it stayed in the state that we left, so we didn’t had to do everything again.

Maguuma

in Fractured

Posted by: Huck.1405

Huck.1405

who tested this?

We, the playerbase. As always.

“You can teach ’em, but you cant learn ’em.”

in Fractured

Posted by: Fror.2163

Fror.2163

This is actually te new soft cap, like maw’s huge agony pre patch.

Frór (yes, with the accent!)

in Fractured

Posted by: tweeve.3782

tweeve.3782

Same happened to us, logged out to get out of the dungeon. too bad by that time the PUG broke up.

in Fractured

Posted by: Luminarin.2301

Luminarin.2301

Guys, take it easy. Because you insisted, ANet made QA the best of the best. Being the best I believe they just haven’t died once during testing and that’s why they missed the lack of waypoint.

Ahahahahahahahhd auhahahahahahah, this made my guild’s day. Yeah I hear you man, especially how “best” they played the new content on the live stream? xD

in Fractured

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

who tested this?

Attachments:

in Fractured

Posted by: Thobek.1730

Thobek.1730

lol no waypoint, and also don’t blink in this fractal if your a mesmer — you get stuck in the walls.

in Fractured

Posted by: Crovax.7854

Crovax.7854

in Fractured

Posted by: CryxTryx.9208

CryxTryx.9208

Omg conspiracy to make you buy revive orbs!

in Fractured

Posted by: ruincakes.8231

ruincakes.8231

My theory is that none of the dev team is good enough to actually test fotm themselves. When they wipe to bugs or have issues they see it as difficult content instead of mistakes. The dev livestreams reinforce my theory

(edited by ruincakes.8231)

in Fractured

Posted by: Nay of the Ether.8913

Nay of the Ether.8913

This is Kiel-products at its finest. I mean what did you expect when you voted for that flake. You all deserve it mmmwwhhaha

http://almunns.wix.com/elitedeathsociety
~Surrender fiend and you will get an easy death
~I could promise you the same…but it would be a lie…

in Fractured

Posted by: Sarie.1630

Sarie.1630

Thanks for the report. We’re looking into it right now.

With the greatest respect, shouldn’t there be a basic check for this kind of stuff before a patch goes live?

If there is, how on earth was it missed?

in Fractured

Posted by: BalkanLion.6045

BalkanLion.6045

This is Kiel-products at its finest. I mean what did you expect when you voted for that flake. You all deserve it mmmwwhhaha

Scarlet rigged the election. Our vote was useless, because Scarlet is in a secret alliance with Kiel.

in Fractured

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

Hahahaha. I remember this video, someone posted it about another problem with GW2 way way back in the day..maybe early launch or something. Its just funny.

But I can’t help at laugh at the major goof here hahaha. Woo! Thats something you shouldnt overlook. Was going to do fractals tonight, maybe I’ll wait.

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

in Fractured

Posted by: Qaelyn.7612

Qaelyn.7612

There’s no WP and what’s worse, I’m sitting here dead over a minute, still ticking 6,021 burn damage per second (that’s not a typo) so none of my team can rez me.

I’m really surprised that this made it live. Most of GW2 IME is pretty clean bug-wise and this is really bad.

in Fractured

Posted by: Thobek.1730

Thobek.1730

LOL!! omg that was funny, but sadly true.

in Fractured

Posted by: Celebriel.9850

Celebriel.9850

So… our group bumbles our way through the story mode, kill the boss aaannnddd we’re unable to loot the chest because we can’t leave the boss’ platform without dying and there is no waypoint to get to the chest… so got the achievement… yay… I guess…

in Fractured

Posted by: Kiba Shadowpaw.3657

Kiba Shadowpaw.3657

any news on eta of the patch to put in the wp?

in Fractured

Posted by: Stormcrow.7513

Stormcrow.7513

Tried Story Mode and lol’d when we wiped. Putting a WP in story mode is just common sense. Back to the best game ever made Baldurs Gate 2…which is 14 years old and a better game than GW2 will ever be.

i7 3770k oc 4.5 H100i(push/pull) 8gb Corsair Dominator Asus P877V-LK
intel 335 180gb/intel 320 160gb WD 3TB Gigabyte GTX G1 970 XFX XXX750W HAF 932

in Fractured

Posted by: johnsonade.9547

johnsonade.9547

Also repulsor shield gest stuck to u when ressing someone. can’t drop it after that and have no repulsor shield abilities. please look into this.

in Fractured

Posted by: Zanshin.5379

Zanshin.5379

This + the skins made from already existing ones…
Are the devs on vacation or something?

in Fractured

Posted by: Bella Risa.7413

Bella Risa.7413

Recent update saying it is fixed… but just went with some friends and we are still unable to Wp/checkpoint/res without getting out of the instance

(edited by Bella Risa.7413)

in Fractured

cesmode.4257

Well…first they make you run through a story mode, and then forget to put a waypoint in there. Yeah…QA team definitely exists.

in Fractured

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

ANET PLS .

Recent update saying it is fixed… but just went with some friends and we are still unable to Wp/checkpoint/res without getting out of the instance

Same here. This needs to be fixed ASAP.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in Fractured

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

Already fixed as of second bug fix patch today! Go on your way people.

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

in Fractured

Posted by: Omega.6479

Omega.6479

I should know better than to play on patch day. I can’t even remember the last time there haven’t been bugs, but these bugs are simply inexcusable. Way to make the new content incredibly frustrating!

in Fractured

cesmode.4257

This is just ridiculous. Good intentions for the patch I guess but my god. Another enormous dropped ball.
Not having a WP in there is a clear indication that they do not QA their stuff..and uhm why is this?! Oh, we have a time table to push sub-par content out! we must get stuff out the door every 2 weeks!

This is the shining example why you cant do this, arenanet.
Change your cadence please.

in Fractured

Posted by: blakkrskyrr.7413

blakkrskyrr.7413

1 guy in group still alive and out of combat. no place to respawn, no popup checkpoint. this is in the story of the reactor. don’t know how it is working out for the actual fractal.

in Fractured

Posted by: Naii.9810

Naii.9810

Even if there’s no wp because its fractals, at least let us respawn outside of combat

in Fractured

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

Still no waypoint/means of respawning without having to either log out or have the rest of the group sacrifice themselves (both options are ridiculous). It’s not as if you can actually res anyone stuck in that horrible burning DOT room.

Is this intended?

Gandara

in Fractured

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

Still bugged, Yumiko.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in Fractured

Posted by: Karasu.4381

Karasu.4381

With these bi-weekly updates, it does not surprise me that this happened. I really feel for their QA team. QA is not a simple thing, since they usually end up being the ones to fix bugs as well. Poor guys must be getting worked to the bone.

in Fractured

Posted by: Ukiah.9740

Ukiah.9740

Still bugged, Yumiko.

Indeed. It is still bugged. I’ve attempted this with 4 separate groups now. Every time, because no one knows where to go or what to do, the entire party ends up dying at some point and everyone ragequits.

GG, Anet. I didn’t think it was possible for anyone to so colossally drop the ball testing content more than BioWare with SWTOR. But this patch…. this patch is a thing of wonder. Am I not buying enough gems? If I buy more, can I please have you actually Q&A your patches or at least get a wp in this stupid fractal?

in Fractured

Posted by: Chrissy Chan.4573

Chrissy Chan.4573

There’s an in-house QA team? Because it just seems like they’re pushing all this content out on a rapid pace and just having the player base test it for them instead.

in Fractured

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

Still no waypoint/means of respawning without having to either log out or have the rest of the group sacrifice themselves (both options are ridiculous). It’s not as if you can actually res anyone stuck in that horrible burning DOT room.

What’s the point of that room anyway? We never went in there while finishing the storymode instance. Is it only used when you come across the fractal in a normal run?

in Fractured

Posted by: ikereid.4637

ikereid.4637

100% on the Money!

It’s time to ditch the ‘every 2 week’ release model where 20-35% of the release is broken or Buggy, and do a ‘every 6 week’ release where 5-8% of the content is buggy/broken.

But, if Anet/NCSoft actually had a Q&A Department, this thread wouldn’t even be necessary.

Time to get your acts together Anet!

Desktop: 4790k@4.6ghz-1.25v, AMD 295×2, 32GB 1866CL10 RAM, 850Evo 500GB SSD
Laptop: M6600 – 2720QM, AMD HD6970M, 32GB 1600CL9 RAM, Arc100 480GB SSD

in Fractured

Posted by: CAA.9653

CAA.9653

GG anet. We can all tell you put a lot of thought into making this. In all seriousness, while I appreciate the game, every patch has a major bug like this that should not have happened.

BTW Revive orbs work great here!

Guardian – Cameid, but my friends call me Cam

in Fractured

Posted by: McSlappy.1372

McSlappy.1372

I present you the new Theme song for GW2

I was hoping this patch would be something like this….. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoDKXozA0M4

But nope we got kitten

(edited by McSlappy.1372)