Turn Friendly Fire On

Turn Friendly Fire On

in Fractured

Posted by: SundayTrash.9562

SundayTrash.9562

how about make a fractal level where u have to watch where ur attack. Any attack can damage either enemy or allies.

Turn Friendly Fire On

in Fractured

Posted by: Paradox.5498

Paradox.5498

Last night, me and the party I was in came up with the same idea, only we thought it should definately both ways: enemies should be able to hurt eachother as well. We did fractal level 39, where mobs explode after they die, and we were doing the Mossman fight. It would be awesome if you could detonate his wolfs right next to him to kill him. On the downside you’d have to take care not to walk into your teammate’s traps and damaging fields and cleave attacks or stand behind the boss when someone’s shooting piercing projectiles :-D It’d be fun!

Turn Friendly Fire On

in Fractured

Posted by: Silberfisch.3046

Silberfisch.3046

I don’t think so. 2 or more melees will get each other in serious trouble. In Addition, there’s the whole combo field issue. You couldn’t for example blast your teammates fire field for might without severe burns. Or what is a guardian supposed to do about his symbols? All of those have a damage component.
“Hey get in there, the field offers proteciton. Oh and it does about the same amount of damage or more than it mitigates, but hey, can’t have everything, right?”

The idea might sound like fun at first glance, but if you think it through, not so much.

If you happen to stumble across any typos,
you may keep them to rear new and interesting variants in your basement.

Turn Friendly Fire On

in Fractured

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

This wouldn’t work for the simple fact that player charactets and mobs have vastly different ratios to of hitpoints to damage output.

Players: few hitpoints, high dps
Mobs: many hitpoints, low dps (so that a group of 5 or more players can hack away at them for a while)

Players would take each other out at the speed of PvP while mobs would barely scratch each others’ skin with the damage meant for players.

For the same reason, when you have a few stacks of confusion on you and do burst damage, you can easily take out half your own hp or more; but when you stack confusion on a boss, have you ever witnessed them losing 50 percent of their bar in one attack? Not even close.

Turn Friendly Fire On

in Fractured

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

This just wouldn’t work because a whole bunch of skills are auto-targeting, and since we can’t change weapon skills, everyone would end up fighting with half a skill-bar, which is not fun.

Besides, how would anyone ever melee this? You’d just insta-die from all the AoEs.

Turn Friendly Fire On

in Fractured

Posted by: Romo.3709

Romo.3709

That would be a horrible idea. Your party would not be able to have a) guardians, b) elementalists, c) sb thieves ,d) pretty much any AoE or melee class.

Turn Friendly Fire On

in Fractured

Posted by: Chaotic Storm.2815

Chaotic Storm.2815

I’m against and for this all at the same time.
Against= because way to many skills are aoe or can hit multiple targets in range and lets face it. melee will be crushed like a tin can under a moster truck if that happened.
Not to mention simple fights taken forever because everyones lining up single shots hoping not to hit anyone else.

For= I can think of the so many of my friends that I would love to be able to figuratively and literally smack in the back of the head. Not to mention some pugs.

knowing me and some of my friends we would forget we were even in a fractal and just start pulling highlander kitten on each other.

#ELEtism

(edited by Chaotic Storm.2815)

Turn Friendly Fire On

in Fractured

Posted by: SIXMO.7042

SIXMO.7042

i will rally off a friend xD

the world is yours

Turn Friendly Fire On

in Fractured

Posted by: Chaotic Storm.2815

Chaotic Storm.2815

i will rally off a friend xD

thats the way, if the guys about to die from the boss you may as well put his death to good use.

#ELEtism

Turn Friendly Fire On

in Fractured

Posted by: Kojiden.8405

Kojiden.8405

I could potentially see this as a boss mechanic, but I don’t think I’d want a whole fractal like it. It would encourage grief. Just imagine being in a pug and someone is repeatedly damaging team mates (on purpose or on accident). The team would most likely kick the person and would have to find someone else to join.

Turn Friendly Fire On

in Fractured

Posted by: Morbridae.8607

Morbridae.8607

If this will work only on a given fractal, I support this.

Hey, even the fractal may be designed to minimize the effect on AoEs and the like. I don’t know… be a “open” arena, or something like that.

An a experiment, is nice to try it.

Morbridae (Norn Necromancer)
@ Sorrow’s Furnace (VE)