Would the toxic Tower make a good Fractal?

in Fractured

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

Would the toxic tower make a good fractal?

We have seen the fractured update turn parts of old living story content into fractals. The new aetherblade fractal is pretty sweet, as are the 2 new boss fractals. The molten fractal is solid too.

How could it be done? None of the individual floors really are interesting enough on their own, and the content was designed for more than 5 people.

I think the experience of running past a minefield full of CC mobs is interesting and would be a good addition to fractals. The Problem is that the tower is too big and the events too long for a fractal.

Just remove the walls, sick a boss at the end and done… What do you all think?

And what of the final boss? He has different spawn conditions (good) but is just a big meat bag when said and done. Hes certainly less replayable than Mai or the molten bosses, but i guess with agony added might compare well against bloomhunger. Is his instance good enough to be a fractal?

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

in Fractured

Posted by: eekzie.5640

eekzie.5640

No.

The toxic pollen is a really bad mechanic and I would hate to see it in a fractal.
There aren’t any proper fights except for the bosses there, but sadly they’re in a bad place for them to be fun.

in Fractured

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

I am a little bit disappointed by the way Aetherblade Retreat and Molten Facility were turned into dungeons. Large chunks of the original dungeons were cut off, and this is a terrible shame. The dungeons in their original design were really good, and it is a terrible loss when bits and pieces get shaved off just to fit it in the Fractals system.

So I’d rather not see them turn the Tower of Nightmares into a fractal, it would ruin it. I’d rather have them make the tower a permanent addition.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

in Fractured

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

First of all lets dismiss the nightmare chambers. They are really simple design with featureless tunnels, grey-green rooms and monster spawns. That’s it. Far too dull to be a fractal.

The tower itself has some potential and there’s quite a bit of design and character to it. However it would need a lot of rework to meet its full potential. I’d want to see the luggable purifiers as well as some static ones. I’d rather the molten, aetherblade, and clockwork troops were taken out as they offer nothing unique or new. The worm, spider, warlock, and hybrid bosses could stay but they aren’t such exciting fights in the big scheme of things. There are no traps and puzzles in the tower so something new may be needed for that. In other words, there would have to be quite a big revamp.

in Fractured

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

They could have the toxic hybrid as a boss fractal if they made him A LOT harder. I think that’d be pretty sweet.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

in Fractured

Posted by: Chaotic Storm.2815

Chaotic Storm.2815

I am a little bit disappointed by the way Aetherblade Retreat and Molten Facility were turned into dungeons. Large chunks of the original dungeons were cut off, and this is a terrible shame. The dungeons in their original design were really good, and it is a terrible loss when bits and pieces get shaved off just to fit it in the Fractals system.

So I’d rather not see them turn the Tower of Nightmares into a fractal, it would ruin it. I’d rather have them make the tower a permanent addition.

I do agree taking only some of the bosses from those dungeons is kind of a let down. It doesn’t have the same feel when its pretty much a quick run to the bosses. I did however squeal for joy when The Molten bosses returned. It is nice to see anet is at least preserving those 2 week dungeons in some small way even if it will never be the same.

If it possible I want anet to expand on the fractals and make it possible select the regular 4 short fractals or use a new system the asura (name escapes me) created and dive deeper into an event and do the whole dungeon as 1 large fractal.

#ELEtism

in Fractured

Chaotic Storm.2815

They could have the toxic hybrid as a boss fractal if they made him A LOT harder. I think that’d be pretty sweet.

He might still be possible. I’ve notice anet fixes or improves some of these bosses to match peoples complains so he COULD be upgraded. But it all fairness he was pretty well scaled depending on the number of players.

#ELEtism

in Fractured

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I was thinking the same thing, OP. The Tower does have the potential to be turned into a Fractal, given some tweaking. Likewise, the Toxic Hybrid could also be a potential new boss if they adjusted his mechanics a bit so he’s more in line with the difficulty of the other bosses.

in Fractured

Posted by: Striker.9413

Striker.9413

I think cutting off after the first boss event was fine for those fractals. The end bosses were made into their own fractals. The only loss was probably the freezing room right after the end of molten fractal. Everything after Frizz and the weapon engineer was trash mobs.

in Fractured

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

I agree very much with this. The Molten Fractal in particular feels too short, and too focused on the first tunnel. It should have included the ice room with the effigy as end boss.

As for the tower, no need imo. However, the toxic hybrid instance already feels like a level 1 fractal, and I’m fairly sure that it was designed with fractals in mind. I wouldn’t be surprised to see it as a fractal and I’d be okay with that. It would be interesting to see what additional mechanics the devs come uwp with for the different rooms for higher levels.

in Fractured

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

DONT even think about that!

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

in Fractured

Posted by: cranked.3812

cranked.3812

No.

The toxic pollen is a really bad mechanic and I would hate to see it in a fractal.
There aren’t any proper fights except for the bosses there, but sadly they’re in a bad place for them to be fun.

This^^

We don’t need agony on us in combination with 7003049348734 other conditions that the devs thought would make the tower fun. The reason the other new fractals work well is because they were dungeon instances that were slightly reduced to a decent time level to coincide with what length fractals are supposed to be.

in Fractured

Chaotic Storm.2815

No.

This^^

We don’t need agony on us in combination with 7003049348734 other conditions that the devs thought would make the tower fun. The reason the other new fractals work well is because they were dungeon instances that were slightly reduced to a decent time level to coincide with what length fractals are supposed to be.

oh your mistaken, it won’t be seperate. knowing anet that pollen WILL be the thing to trigger agony.

#ELEtism