You opinion about Dredge?

in Fractured

Posted by: Lopez.7369

Lopez.7369

I think it’s pretty amazing how many “shortcuts” and exploits people find in this place that aren’t even faster than just doing it like normal. The bizarre obsession with skipping the first two switches as if they’re difficult or time consuming will always be beyond me.

in Fractured

Posted by: Lothirieth.3408

Lothirieth.3408

I absolutely dread getting the dredge fractal as it’s so needlessly long and painful. I totally agree with Reginault who called the mobs in it “AoE CC machines with boons”.

There are simply far too many mobs to be dealing with at once in that fractal compared to others, silly spawns or respawns as well. Too many powerful aoes. But, I personally can take all that if they’d just make the kitten fractal shorter. I think whole parts of it should be removed. I’d completely remove the bomb door run/mining cannon bit’s altogether. Then I’d also remove the clown car aside from the initial spawns with Rabsovich. With those bits removed, the fractal might then have an acceptable length and difficulty with its counterparts.

in Fractured

Posted by: Wicked Rin.1972

Wicked Rin.1972

I think the dredge fractal would do fine if they removed respawning dredges in the 2 buttons/control room in the beginning. The clown car need to half the amount of dredges.

in Fractured

Posted by: Tyragon.2496

Tyragon.2496

I just wanna begin with I love the fractal dungeon, one of my favorites throughout my whole MMO experience when it comes to 5 man. You’re put the quality in it that we only see in raids (+5) nowadays. You’re especially good at making boss encounters the best.

Though the main problem I have with the dredge fractal is the first boss, also known as clown-car boss. The boss to begin with is way too close to the last boss, it would’ve been better if you had him after the first room with the switches to spread it out. The giant fractal the first boss is at the start and whilst the harpy fractal boss, Old Tom, is close, he’s got fun mechanics and the harpies after him are tough to go through.

The clown-car boss is just annoying. He has protection, regenration and another buff, alongside blocking 33% of the fight. There’s no enjoyment in a boss that has flat abilities for survival and spawning continues weak mobs at us.

The part before him, the bomb and door drilling is also fairly annoying with the amount of dredge that spawns. There needs to be more than just throwing mobs at us. Maybe give us a wave timer or reduce the dredge and have them each more unique?

Either way, I feel the clown-car boss is what needs to be changed or removed, and possibly make the bomb/drill part a different sort of difficult. The first part and the boss at the end are enjoyable imo, cause both require teamwork, it has dynamic mechanics and the dredge aren’t a problem in the first room if you clear them.

(edited by Tyragon.2496)

in Fractured

Posted by: ATMAvatar.5749

ATMAvatar.5749

I’ve seen several people now say the bomb run is easy enough they can solo it. I’m curious – how?

I have basically resigned myself to the fact that I have to strip off my armor and accept death every time I run a bomb up because I have to stand around near the bomb to keep aggro or it gets picked up. This is especially true at 30+, where you’re facing no fewer than 50 dredge.

Sure, if there’s a thief/mesmer and guardian on the team, it’s relatively easy – you stealth up to the door and have the guardian drop a bubble at the top. However, it’s pretty rare I get that combination from LFG.

If there’s a better way that isn’t profession-specific, I would love to hear it. Anything to make that section less painful is appreciated :|

in Fractured

Posted by: Ammorth.3604

Ammorth.3604

I’ve seen several people now say the bomb run is easy enough they can solo it. I’m curious – how?

Although its with a specific professions / build, this is how I solo it:

• A Thief with 10 points in Shadow Arts – Infusion of Shadows V
  • A dagger
  • Smoke Screen, Shadow Refuge, Blinding Powder

You start in a corner, usually on the platform to the right, against the fence and the cage wall. Drop Smoke Screen and start Heartseekering on it. You need to time it right and constantly walk toward the corner, so you don’t go flying out. Once the Smokescreen has dropped, head off to pick up a bomb. Wait for your stealth to be at 0 seconds before placing the bomb (So you don’t get revealed). Drop Shadow Refuge slightly behind you and dodge backward so you don’t get hit by the bombers. Let Shadow Refuge stack your stealth, and then make your way back to the stacking point. Wait for cooldowns and repeat.

in Fractured

Posted by: Procop.1579

Procop.1579

i dont know if the dev’s will check this post or not but i am with you guys on this dredge fractal, most annoying of all. The major factor comes from the mobs it self most OPed mobs in the game. And have to deal with them in huge numbers is bit tardish.

And the QA of anet is going below par level, with the new patch if you check lvl 43 fractal its on of the hardest de-buffs you can get ( at 50 you just need gold to get 65 + AR that’s not hard just need gold ) . Please run the content before it goes public.

in Fractured

Posted by: FloXun.1456

FloXun.1456

I just tried this fractal, on lvl 22, and I have to say, for my party, it was impossible.
We ran a party of two Guardians, two Warriors and a Necromancer.

We couldn’t even get past the button phase.
A way to solve this issue is to make the Dredge NOT respawn when killed.

in Fractured

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

I like how they added more mobs to the start of the fractal. It’s like, Anet trying to punish all the people that skipped in the past by making a fractal that’s too long even longer.

Seriously, a good start would be to remove the mobs between Rabsovich and the final boss.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

in Fractured

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

They didn’t add any dredges. You cannot add something to infinity.

On the serious note, frankly, they didn’t add more dredges. Initial spawns were bugged and were only appearing when you had got underground fractal while rerolling and then got it again.

in Fractured

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

There are two sets of mobs that be removed immediately from this fractal. The first are the mining suit and friends at the top of the stairs above the cages. The second are the ones between Rabovich and the final boss. These are all just filler and nobody would miss them.

in Fractured

Posted by: Vissarion.6509

Vissarion.6509

My opinion… look at the screenshot

Attachments:

They called us TEMPESTs, but we can use our elite to cheat death instead

in Fractured

Posted by: PandaBus.5486

PandaBus.5486

I agree with the general sentiment of this thread. It’s not a matter of the fractal being hard—it’s a matter of the fractal being long with unnecessary, poorly designed content. I would much rather play a hard fractal that is an enjoyable challenge rather than dredge, every single time.

I do not understand how anet can ignore this issue after a year of people giving negative opinions about it.

Anet—play through your own content!

in Fractured

Posted by: Cries Of Sorrow.5864

Cries Of Sorrow.5864

My opinion… look at the screenshot

Hahaha well done man, had the exact same idea as you today. Clown car at 39 exploding dredge fun fun fun xD

Main Elementalist:Train Of Thought
Alt Warrior: Burning Paris
Best Ele build EU.

in Fractured

Posted by: Stinson.5972

Stinson.5972

^^^

Did dredge two days ago with the 34 no crits instability – the ultimate staying awake challenge!

in Fractured

Posted by: LunarNacht.8913

LunarNacht.8913

I wanted to add my opinion of the dredge themself. I have posted a short comment about the terrible fractal before.

I understand that players using blind are being annoyed that it doesn’t work on them. But it is something that makes you change your combat style. I don’t think that’s too bad once in a while. It’s like a boss you have to melee as a player prefering range or playing range when specialized in melee.
The same can be said about the boons. There are skills and traits to remove boons and they aren’t used often in PvE. They work on the dredge just fine if you wait for the right time. You have to wait for the buffing one to finish his skills duration or interupt it before you remove his and his allies boons.

in Fractured

Posted by: Excalibur.9748

Excalibur.9748

i like this fractal, it’s a decent challenge. one possible improvement is to make it so you can not just skip all the dredges on your way to place the bomb and should have to kill them first.

All is vain.

in Fractured

Posted by: Shlack.4096

Shlack.4096

I just hate the last dredge part where you have to kill 1 million dredges coming out of that cart like the op said. come on Anet. cut that number by half please. it is soooo long and boring. I mainly hate this fractal for its length. and yes, please fix that exploit bug at the first stage. I hate it. I don’t even know if it is worth all the jumping puzzle fun you have to do to get there. so just fix it pleeease :o

in Fractured

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

There are good thief skills/utilities that can make the dredge fractal as straightforward as any other. They work fine on any build even without trait support. You don’t need blind.

in Fractured

Posted by: Cletus Van Damme.2795

Cletus Van Damme.2795

Did we hear anything from Anet about dredge since this Living Story?

Magumer Ranger

in Fractured

Posted by: daros.3407

daros.3407

Only thing i liked on Dredge was loot. It took ages but at least it was worth. But now after update? How can a zerker survive first part??? :-D
Someone here said it is still better then shaman….I would rather fight shaman 10 times per day then one dredge in year :-D

(edited by daros.3407)

in Fractured

Posted by: Toroxus.9256

Toroxus.9256

I don’t know who thought that standing on buttons with infinite respawns or planting glitchy bombs with infinite repsawns and then AFKing while the bombs respawn was fun in any way. If we get dredge about lvl 30, we just abandon the fractal. It’s not worth the frustration. IT’S NOT FUN.

in Fractured

Posted by: Chaotic Storm.2815

Chaotic Storm.2815

It has its challeng which is nice. for early fractals, I admit I’m not really experienced with fractals over the 10 mark. I never could get into them when it was first release. Least not in the way some people have been going so high up.

#ELEtism

in Fractured

Posted by: obal.3218

obal.3218

The only bad part is the clown car. The bosses are fun if you melee them at least.

Cannon room takes <2min using our method http://youtu.be/YerTi1PM6YU

Bombs you just blast smoke screen and sr at the door and have all 5 sync plant the bombs and then have 1 person at a time go stealth the last 2 since they won’t pick them up if you go solo. Stealh past the rest to the clown car when the door is blown up. It doesn’t take that long and requires no real effort.

Thief OP

in Fractured

Posted by: MassDelusion.9130

MassDelusion.9130

One part of this fractal should be removed to shorten the time down.
Either the Panel section, the section where you break the doors down, or the clown car section. Leave the final boss.

in Fractured

Posted by: wasted.6817

wasted.6817

I seriously question my life’s choices every time I have to go through this clown care encounter it really is that bad.

Exactly how i feel. This one single fractal makes me think about stopping doing them at all. Just because it’s such a humongous waste of time.

in Fractured

Posted by: Kupper.8074

Kupper.8074

My normal fractal group and I had this same discussion two nights ago.
1 – Dredge is the longest most annoying fractal
2 – When the Dredge fractal is done… I’m wiped…. drained… done with the game
3 – I loathe Dredge so much, that I usually log out of the game minutes after leaving the fractal. I don’t even clean out my inventory or check the TP.

I love challenging new content, and not that dredge is that “challenging” it is just long and annoying as heck. Thankfully knocks on wood I haven’t rolled bombs in a while, otherwise I would probably just cry.

JQ – The ‘veggie’ Knight
Berserker = Skilled http://i.imgur.com/g1rkIub.jpg
Never forget – http://i.imgur.com/Oxra9sj.jpg

in Fractured

Posted by: Kupper.8074

Kupper.8074

One part of this fractal should be removed to shorten the time down.
Either the Panel section, the section where you break the doors down, or the clown car section. Leave the final boss.

I think this is the right choice. I think they could end the fractal at the boss before the cart and make the end guy its own fractal boss. Sure they would need to make it a bit harder, but that would split the fractal to not feel so long, remove the 5 minutes of farming bags and still end with a champion.

JQ – The ‘veggie’ Knight
Berserker = Skilled http://i.imgur.com/g1rkIub.jpg
Never forget – http://i.imgur.com/Oxra9sj.jpg