10-Slot ToT Bag

10-Slot ToT Bag

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Xalugami.2096

Xalugami.2096

(This isn’t meant to be a “whine thread”, just curious about the thought behind it. I love everything about the Halloween event so far; I hope ANet can make Wintersday this much fun!)

This was a really nice reward, especially for any new players that made it through the epic dungeon. However, my one concern is that you can only get 1 per account (not character), and it just so happens to be soulbound. I would really love to keep the bag as a memento of beating the dungeon, but on the character I obtained it with it would only be a downgrade. Hopefully they could change it to account bound.
It seems kinda weird why they’d only give 1 per account and not have it be account bound. It would be absolutely perfect on another character, but for now it’s useless outside of it being a special item. I know I could just “get a different 10-slot bag”, but this one is important and one-of-a-kind (per account).

What are your thoughts about this? Does anyone else believe it should be account bound?

10-Slot ToT Bag

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Rainshine.5493

Rainshine.5493

I’d like this too. I did it on my main first but my bags are as big or bigger than that (plan on upgrading the rest soon). My alt would adore it, but she can’t have it.

Not a huge deal but I agree, would be nice.

Ruse Torrent (elementalist) on JQ
trixnotes tumblr: quick hits of lore | personal tumblr (some other GW2 stuff)

10-Slot ToT Bag

in Halloween Event

Posted by: takatsu.9416

takatsu.9416

I second it,your explanation makes sense. But I also question the 10 slot? Why not more slots? haha Like its certainly an upgrade for beginner players but not for most other players. Why not make it an upgrade for all players, like a 15 slot or 18 slot? Since it is given only once anyway

10-Slot ToT Bag

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Redrumickey.9672

Redrumickey.9672

Be even better if you can keep all you’ll halloween loot in to save bank space.

10-Slot ToT Bag

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Katreyn.4218

Katreyn.4218

Yeah I was a bit disappointed to see its soulbound. My alt would love it. >.<

10-Slot ToT Bag

in Halloween Event

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

All I can say is that it should have been account-wide, and there should have been recipes with runes of holding to increase its size up to 20.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

10-Slot ToT Bag

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Jam.3258

Jam.3258

I tried transmuting it so I’d have more slots and a colorful bag icon. Doesn’t work though.

10-Slot ToT Bag

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Kumu Honua.2751

Kumu Honua.2751

Would be nice to have a recipe for the mystic forge of “Tot bag”, “Rune of what size you want.”, Candy Corn, nougat because there should be a nougat in there somewhere.

Sylvari Guardian. – Dragonbrand.

10-Slot ToT Bag

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

I tried transmuting it so I’d have more slots and a colorful bag icon. Doesn’t work though.

Ah, wish that was possible :P

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

10-Slot ToT Bag

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Rez.8016

Rez.8016

What we need is a recipe (forge would be best) to upgrade the number of slots in the ToT bag. Maybe even be able to make it safe, weapon, craft, junk also.

I would love to be able to make it 20 slot safe for my main who is holding it.

10-Slot ToT Bag

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Toshi.5081

Toshi.5081

Not sure what the problem is.

I got 22c for mine.

10-Slot ToT Bag

in Halloween Event

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

I got 22c for mine.

Keep your c, I want mementos.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

10-Slot ToT Bag

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Xalugami.2096

Xalugami.2096

Toshi.5081:

I got 22c for mine.

I’d just like the 10-Slot Bag to be account bound so characters that couldn’t get the bag can still use it. I’d love to pass it on to an alt, but I can’t when it’s soulbound.
I think it’s perfectly fine as a 10-Slot Bag; everything about it as a reward seems great, just not the binding on it.

10-Slot ToT Bag

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Kromsin.6359

Kromsin.6359

10 slot bag for nothing.. I’m not complaining.

10-Slot ToT Bag

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Player.9621

Player.9621

is it normal that i only got one on one character out of 3?

10-Slot ToT Bag

in Halloween Event

Posted by: kagejuin.4713

kagejuin.4713

I can make 10 slot bags all day err day.

It should have been 20 slot.

A nice one-time present for everyone who participated.

as it stands it is totally pointless :P

10-Slot ToT Bag

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Katreyn.4218

Katreyn.4218

is it normal that i only got one on one character out of 3?

Yeah can only get one per account. Which is the main issue here. :/ Why is it soul bound if you can only have one per account.

10-Slot ToT Bag

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Player.9621

Player.9621

ahh i see
thankyou for timely response

was kinda cool map but the teleport return was a bit cheesy, maybe next year have us use the crypts for a benny hill door’o’rama

10-Slot ToT Bag

in Halloween Event

Posted by: AsteriskCGY.5931

AsteriskCGY.5931

All other bags are essentially account bound. I always pass down the bags from my main to my alt as I upgrade. This bag was pointless when I ran it on my main, but I have at least 3 other characters that can use a 10 slot bag. But now I can’t cause I vendored it.

10-Slot ToT Bag

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Cloudwalkernz.1328

Cloudwalkernz.1328

I agree with the OP if the bag is only 10 slot, it should be a/c base.

Personally I would prefer it being 15 or better yet 20. Maybe A-net will allow it to be increase in size using the magic forge? 250 candy bar and a 20 slot rune perhaps?

10-Slot ToT Bag

in Halloween Event

Posted by: DinoDoll.3682

DinoDoll.3682

i thought 10 slots is great and i’m level 70 >.<
most of my bags are still 8 slots!

you all are like bag kings or something to have all your bags with more slots than that!! i’m jealous! :P

although i do wish the bag was account bound too.

10-Slot ToT Bag

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Account.9832

Account.9832

When I saw “soulbound”, I thought “nice, that means we can get 1 per character”. Disappointment and WTFness ensued.

10 slots is probably a downgrade for most people anyway; 15-slot bags are pretty cheap. If they’re only going to give us one, it should be account bound and 20-slot, otherwise it’s useless for most players.

- Al Zheimer

(edited by Account.9832)

10-Slot ToT Bag

in Halloween Event

Posted by: RoseRIP.8502

RoseRIP.8502

Considering most of my bags were 4 slots………thanks for the 10 slot bag!

10-Slot ToT Bag

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Satans Chosen.1024

Satans Chosen.1024

I am gonna hold on to it for a little while to see if it will be upgradable (or have some other use) at some point. Otherwise, I will do what Toshi did and trade it for 22c.

I have Mad King Custome and minipets to commemorate this holiday; I don’t see any reason to waste an additional slot to keep something that’s practically useless. 12-slot bags are so cheap and easy to make that I can instantly supply any alt with four or more starting at level 1.

As for the dungeon… Quite unchallenging compared to almost every other dungeon in the game. 30 min after the event started, numerous players on my server already claimed they had soloed it.

10-Slot ToT Bag

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Dungin.2983

Dungin.2983

I am gonna hold on to it for a little while to see if it will be upgradable (or have some other use) at some point. Otherwise, I will do what Toshi did and trade it for 22c.

I have Mad King Custome and minipets to commemorate this holiday; I don’t see any reason to waste an additional slot to keep something that’s practically useless. 12-slot bags are so cheap and easy to make that I can instantly supply any alt with four or more starting at level 1.

As for the dungeon… Quite unchallenging compared to almost every other dungeon in the game. 30 min after the event started, numerous players on my server already claimed they had soloed it.

It is not new end-game content it is a level 2 instance…This is a holiday event. IMO people that are soloing this are terrible min-maxers…and are missing a great farming opportunity..Chest is great probably the best one in-game. To my knowledge there is no achievement attached to soloing this content, so it is strictly to troll. Who cares if someone solos it? Run it with four 80’S as fast as possible to get the most loot. This has to speak to peoples sensabilities, no?

(edited by Dungin.2983)

10-Slot ToT Bag

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Keiran.1896

Keiran.1896

First, all my characters have 10 slots bags, it’s so cheap and easily craftable…Why not a soul or account-bound 20 slots one? It costs over 10 gold right now because of the rune… that would have been a wonderful gift…

10-Slot ToT Bag

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Imrhien.2397

Imrhien.2397

Xalugami.2096:
I’d just like the 10-Slot Bag to be account bound so characters that couldn’t get the bag can still use it. I’d love to pass it on to an alt, but I can’t when it’s soulbound.
I think it’s perfectly fine as a 10-Slot Bag; everything about it as a reward seems great, just not the binding on it.

I wholeheartedly agree. I think it is a really nice holiday memento and I am very happy they decided to include something like this. However, since we can only have one, I would love for it to be account bound, so we can decide which character to give it to.