22 Chests opened, nothing unique

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Rosekitten.3719

Rosekitten.3719

I know I am disappointed. My husband won’t even log on for the event because well.. there’s not really anything to truly do or aim towards getting outside of the cash shop, ok some achievements but that feels like its it. I could be wrong, but that is how it feels to me. Aside from that I think they did a poor job on the event, I know that fun was written in there somewhere during the announcement and that it is the first phase. Yes I know someone will say you get a free hat be happy, well I am grateful for something… but I would rather do a event chain or quest line to get the free hat. Or like the mini pets, yes put them in the cash shop but also have it to where they can come out of the trick r’ treat bags as well ? Just a thought maybe I’m wrong in thinking a holiday event should be fun and not all of the collectible items be in the cash shop or require the cash shop to open.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Galen Grey.4709

Galen Grey.4709

the only thing I am unhappy about is the crafting recipes are way too demanding but beyond that its okey. Also keep in mind we dont know what we might get at the end of the halloween quest line. That end event might give rewards, wouldnt be surprised rewards might be related to the achievements we get !

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Lucas Ashrock.8675

Lucas Ashrock.8675

Would have been fun and with a bit of sense if key drop rate was increased of 80%. MEaning 1 add every 5 killed drop a key. And 2 of 5 drop a chest. THIS would have been a great event. Where people farming would have got the festivity special items. Armor, and future crafted items. Instead, this event is just a big fail. I’m bored and disappointed, like 90% of your community. Just to add, something maybe some forgot and it’s not so impossible from Anet: i was wondering if Anet was planning to deactivate all Halloween exotic crafted weapons from mystic forge.. becasue well, maybe 2-3 guys will wield one, at best, at the end of your stupid Halloween event

Dungeon Master http://i.imgur.com/Hoqw3.jpg ME http://i.imgur.com/R41MGzB.jpg Fractal Guild Promoter

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Zorik.2150

Zorik.2150

To be quite honest, this killed Halloween for me. Well, it was the final nail in the coffin anyway. I live in south Florida, and the Halloween spirit is completely absent. The largest collection of Halloween items I’ve seen was at Target, which had a whopping 3 aisles or so, right next to the aisle with the Christmas lights and Christmas cards which are already out for sale. Heck, the mall where I work already has Christmas decorations hanging up. Not a single home in my neighborhood has even a pumpkin on their porch.

I was looking forward to the event to get me in the Halloween mood and remind me of my days trick-or-treating. Instead, it feels like a slap in the face from ArenaNet. The only rewards I had interest in, the weapon skins, are so insanely impossible to get, they dont even feel like an option. Either A ) Spend $50 on keys and hope I get lucky, or B ) Collect as many holiday mats as I can and grind the few months it will take to get the rest, so that by March of next year I might possibly be able to craft the Halloween staff for my necro.

As awesome as the decorations are around Lion’s Arch, the celebration just feels empty and lacking. I’d hold out hope for an awesome Halloween boss, but I know its just going to be a giant chest with a .01% chance at a holiday skin and I’ll get stuck with 3 blues and a worthless green.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Kephas Isidore.5926

Kephas Isidore.5926

I remember playing Runes of Magic and hoping to get a free mount during one of their events. This rarely happened, of course.

I remember playing Rift hoping that the mats for their crafted armor/weapon sets would drop. They rarely did, and other mats could only be refined once per day.

I remember playing Aion and hoping that I could +1 enchant a weapon (if you failed it would go backwards) OR get that crafting mastery item to proc (if it didn’t, you could not get 400/400) OR get all six mana stones slotted without one failing (if it failed you lose all of them) OR hoping that a rare weapon would drop from a boss (which may or may not actually apply to my class) OR hoping that something would drop PERIOD. Now, for enchantments at least, you can buy cash shop items to guarantee success.

That’s all RNG. Things determined by a random number generator. Aion is probably the worse offender. WoW had RNG too,. As did SWTOR (crafting, anyone?).

To truly feel slighted by this, you need GW 2 to be your first ever MMORPG. If it isn’t, you haven’t been paying attention to the MMO industry for the last several years.

This isn’t even counting the game design for rare skins. Look at the effort for legendary weapons and other cool skins. They want these things to be prestigious. Some require to use an item that involves 100% completion.

Do you REALLY expect cool looking weapon skins to simply be available just so?

Could they just put the skins up in the cash shop? Yup. But they announced it this way, everyone knew this was the way, so no surprises here. You’d think about the first 100 keys someone would realize “hey, the odds aren’t good here”.

The alternative is grinding. I remember playing GW 1 with there being events that had cool items which you had to grind an eternity for. And titles. Title grinding. I remember playing Aion, which required ages of grinding. I remember Rift, which had it’s own grind. So did SWTOR. WoW has rep grinding.

Those are two of the main means MMO company might deliver content. In this case, instead of grind, NC Soft went with RNG for one segment of their event.

I also remember Final Fantasy XIV simply being a total piece of trash. This has nothing to do with anything, I just wanted to highlight that FF XIV had the worse launch in MMORPG history.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Cod Eye.1632

Cod Eye.1632

People are exploitable and Anet knows this and they are doing it full on, People will want shiny things regardless which game you play and each and everyone of you who plays an mmo or any other game will chase that shiny item in whatever form it is in.

The way Anet is doing it is in the form of gambling, they are exploiting players desires, they have set up the cash shop in such a way that players will spend money to get ahead, yes you can play without using the cash shop, but you know aswel as I that players have a “want it now” mechanism set into the brain. Who is to blame? personally I believe both are to blame, players and the Developers, Developers know how players think so they are exploiting that weakness. Doing what Anet did with the chests was a bit naughty as they did word it as if you had a really good chance of getting a Halloween skin, in other words they mislead the community.

“Hey I swung a sword, Hey Hey I swung a sword again,”

“After several hours I’m still swinging this sword with1 lodestone drop”

in Halloween Event

Posted by: BeardRex.6739

BeardRex.6739

So much unwarranted entitlement. Grow up guys. I thought the OP was going to talk about something like the event not being fun, or costume brawl. But obviously his fun is dictated by whether or not he can get weapon skins. Which is ridiculous.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Vulgan.3281

Vulgan.3281

I blew 50 bucks cash and got NOTHING for the Halloween Event. I came here to see if it was a bug, but I guess I now know that it is “working as intended”. I work a 9 to 5 and between grad-school and my wife I don’t have the time to grind and farm, so naturally I supplement my game play with real money and I’ve done so to the tune of ~$250 thus far. But I must say after getting absolutely nothing of any value with a $50 investment (in fun), I have a very bad taste in my mouth. I was considering spending another $50 today when I got home, but after reading this I don’t have faith getting anything. I’d probably be better off dropping the $50 on gold and buying the skin I want off the Trading Post. maybe that’s what I’ll do…

in Halloween Event

Posted by: displacedTitan.6897

displacedTitan.6897

So far everyones fun seems to come down to weapons skins and they ignore the rest of the update.

The world looks awesome with the Halloween event and they added a lot to do. Costume brawl is just awesome!

Back off the entitlement a little bit everyone.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Drunken Mad King.8193

Drunken Mad King.8193

The issue with gambling in the game is that when you spend a good amount of money on keys and you then are opening and having no luck, you are about to give up when someone yells out they got a skin. So you go back at it and again… nothing. What do you hear… yes another person with a skin…. go back at it saying my luck will break they obviously must be not as rare as I am experiencing. You go at it again and what do you get… nothing. In the end you will wind up being frustrated, upset, and have a bad taste in your mouth for the company.

Yes much of the blame is on yourself but it’s a shameful system of gambling that they instilled in the game. RNG in drops from mobs is fine…. RNG in the game from the keys is GAMBLING in the purest sense and needs to be looked at as an online gambling company.

If they had put the drop rates into it at the rate where there were reasonable chances to get a skin so that they weren’t at the horrid rate they are at now then these complaints wouldn’t be here. Instead they made them very rare and didn’t give a drop rate percentage to allow people to have a means to judge whether they should enter the gambling system.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: erapago.4387

erapago.4387

I guess I’m one of those weird guys who don’t associate loot with fun. You know those events, dungeons and puzzles they added? That’s what I like.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: solanu.3784

solanu.3784

Dear God, stop CRYING!

All you people do on the forums is complain and cry because YOU were less lucky/fortunate than other people.

The event is great. The content is great. The costumes are great, the skins are great. Its ALL great!
But here you are “omg, gotta spend $200 on gems, QQ QQQQQ”.
kitten already.

Have you even tried to open chests for those skins yet? No. You havent. You heard someone else complain who most likely exaggerated the number of chests they opened and now you’re mad too.

Stop complaining constantly and trying to milk ANet of free things (it wont happen). Grow up and either play the game (that you know you enjoy) or leave.

Necromancer 80 – Guardian 80 – Thief 80 – Warrior 80 – Mesmer 33

in Halloween Event

Zorik.2150

I was thinking about buying some keys, but I figured something like this would happen, so I waited. Its nice that they said they’d look into it, but I’m guessing nothing will be done except a quick apology and an explanation of RNG, with a lecture about how having a “chance” at items doesn’t guarantee anything.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

So much unwarranted entitlement. Grow up guys. I thought the OP was going to talk about something like the event not being fun, or costume brawl. But obviously his fun is dictated by whether or not he can get weapon skins. Which is ridiculous.

Just because you aren’t disappointed by Anet obvious like of grinding now, doesn’t mean the rest of aren’t. Some of use find it fun using/collecting the skins, though not at the high amount of work that they require, unlike how it was with GW1. Some of us (at least me) are really disappointed at how completely different their “philosophy” is with how they did stuff in GW1.

Have you even tried to open chests for those skins yet? No. You havent. You heard someone else complain who most likely exaggerated the number of chests they opened and now you’re mad too

That might be true for the chests, but there are actual screenshots of the ridiculously high requirements for the craftable weapon skins (near legendary weapon requirements).

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

(edited by skullmount.1758)

in Halloween Event

Kephas Isidore.5926

Hilarious how a company outright says “cool looking weapon skins will be ultra rare. You will need to work hard to get them” and people ignore this come event time and think that cool looking skins will magically appear on trees.

Face the facts guys; if you want cool looking weapon skins, it will cost you time and/or money. They said this from the start before launch.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

So glad I saw and read this thread before I spent money on keys. I’m kind of disappointed as I love Halloween in Guild Wars. I’m sure the quests will be fun. But I am disappointed about the drop rate. I would have liked to have some Halloween weapons. But I’ll live with out them. But as many have said, if the drop rates are that bad then I’ll not bother with other events.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

in Halloween Event

Cod Eye.1632

Hilarious how a company outright says “cool looking weapon skins will be ultra rare. You will need to work hard to get them” and people ignore this come event time and think that cool looking skins will magically appear on trees.

Face the facts guys; if you want cool looking weapon skins, it will cost you time and/or money. They said this from the start before launch.

Your off base, its not about gaining any skins through crafting, the subject is about the chests and how Anet has mislead the community, players spend a lot off money on keys then getting no halloween items as stated in their advert.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Kingmutez.4931

Kingmutez.4931

wait wait wait….. So BLC had crap stuff inside and completely random, but since ppl didn’t care for the stuff no one had a problem. ppl QQ that these chest are useless. OK. Anet added a nice drop for ppl who open BLC for the holiday week. NOW its OMG GAMBLING!!? cuz now u actually want the item inside and feel if u tried to cheat the system by buying tons of keys you’ll be rewarded 3fold. When this didnt happen, when YOU weren’t responsible enough to make the rational decision of yeah its a BLC so its RNG in not gonna wast my money, if it drops it drops. Then this is Anets fault? cuz its easier to blame others then yourself.. u guys are priceless.

in Halloween Event

Zorik.2150

Just because you aren’t disappointed by Anet obvious like of grinding now, doesn’t mean the rest of aren’t. Some of use find it fun using/collecting the skins, though not at the high amount of work that they require, unlike how it was with GW1.

Exactly. While I never played GW1, I’ve heard a lot of praise, and it kind of sets the bar for what should happen. I don’t feel entitled to an awesome holiday event, I feel disappointed and let down because the majority of what I find fun feels out of my reach.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Hinoreth.5978

Hinoreth.5978

I am not disappointed and I bought a couple of costumes too. My friends and I had a hilarious fun time last night and will be goofing off quite a bit more. I’ve played entertaining seasonal events in several MMOs, but this one is by far the most fun!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: MajorMelchett.6042

MajorMelchett.6042

Yeah because working hard is opening chests, there are skins for working hard (the craftable ones), these ones aren’t for working hard at all..

Zilori: Guardian – Desolation.
Zarturo: Elemental – Desolation.

in Halloween Event

Kephas Isidore.5926

One trend I noticed; “I spent XYZ amount of money, and I get nothing. I went out and spent even more money and despite seeing the results earlier, I did it again and got the same results”.

People making multiple transactions to get skins when the initial results are not promising? Makes perfect sense for people to spend more money!

Before people complain about Anet enabling people’s flaws and exploiting, name me one game company that doesn’t. Go ahead, name one. You can’t, because there is none. They all do it. They all try and put the carrot in front of you to keep you going. F2P does it, P2P does it, B2P does it.

Awesome trollerific example; SWTOR and their VIP club. Hilarity.

in Halloween Event

Kephas Isidore.5926

Your off base, its not about gaining any skins through crafting, the subject is about the chests and how Anet has mislead the community, players spend a lot off money on keys then getting no halloween items as stated in their advert.

I’m not off base at all. They said cool looking skins will require work and be prestigious. Guess what? You’ll have to work to get these because you’ll need some keys.

They mislead no one. They added the items to the loot table of the chests, you might get one. You might not. They said you had a chance, you have a chance.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Splynter.1078

Splynter.1078

Here you go guys: The Binomial Distribution. Have a look-see at this page here: http://easycalculation.com/statistics/binomial-distribution.php

Estimating a chance of finding a Halloween skin at 1% (p = 0.01), with the number of events ‘n’ the number of chests you have opened or plan to open, then the number of successes ‘r’. 1 success is a good place to start. Opening 100 chests with these numbers gives you a 37% chance of getting one special item. Granted, you also have a non-negligible chance of getting 2 (or 3 or 4, etc.) special items, so play around a bit and familiarize yourselves with some statistics. It might help. It might not.

in Halloween Event

Kephas Isidore.5926

Yeah, 200$ and/or 5000h?

Exactly. And it’s the exact same thing for the legendary weapons. You want Eternity? It’ll take an eternity, or cost you some coin.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: pricer.5091

pricer.5091

Unless you are rich beyond belief and your income is entirely disposable, then spending real-life hard-earned money to gamble on receiving an entirely cosmetic upgrade to a fictional character in a virtual world is possibly the stupidest thing I can imagine. But at least while you are pursuing this as an interest you aren’t breeding…long may it continue.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Lucas Ashrock.8675

Lucas Ashrock.8675

So this is the spirit of a festivity, for you One every 10 server with armor and weapon themed, wow

Dungeon Master http://i.imgur.com/Hoqw3.jpg ME http://i.imgur.com/R41MGzB.jpg Fractal Guild Promoter

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Kolache.3964

Kolache.3964

They mislead no one. They added the items to the loot table of the chests, you might get one. You might not. They said you had a chance, you have a chance.

Is anet paying you to spam this thread with crap like this or something? If the drop rate was 1 in a trillion then you would still have “a chance” and it would still be “ kitten #8221;. Why don’t you just let people lament about wasting 50 bucks in peace?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: aeonZgamer.5307

aeonZgamer.5307

I spent 0 on Keys had 14 stashed away opened 14 chests got the usual junk but also picked up 4 more keys
Opened 4 more chests and got the Deathly Bull skin

in Halloween Event

Posted by: bluewanders.5297

bluewanders.5297

How many people here haven’t bothered to read dev comments? All of the halloween content hasn’t even started yet… it’s not like what we’ve seen so far is everything. Try reading once in a while… the mad kings kingdom hasn’t even opened up yet. The best content of the event isn’t going to start until the 28th.

As for the chests… oh well. Live and learn.

I don’t know why I bother to log into the forums… the vocal majority seem to be the least informed and the most presumptuous.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Glog.4275

Glog.4275

Hehe, glad im not the only who was abit on the let down after spending 800 something gems on keys only to find the same junk as usual. :d

They could have atleast have mixed it up with candy being always in the chest etc, then maybe it would be worth it. Or not. Either way i certainly feel i wasted my money on thouse keys.

in Halloween Event

Cod Eye.1632

Kephas Isodore.5926
I’m not off base at all. They said cool looking skins will require work and be prestigious. Guess what? You’ll have to work to get these because you’ll need some keys.

Just to remind you off the advert>

All kinds of tricks and treats are coming to the Gem Store this Halloween. Costumes that grant spooky skills, tonics that transform you into ghouls and ghosts, creepy crawly minis to follow you around. And don’t forget to pick up your free devil horns before they disappear!

The Black Lion Chest is getting a spooky upgrade for Halloween. Between October 23 and November 5 each Black Lion Chest you open has a chance to give you one of six exclusive Halloween-themed weapon skins!

So by your’e reckoning someone spending 50 bucks on keys and not getting any items in connection with halloween is acceptable? Nowhere in that advert does it say players will have a very slim chance or no chance at all from obtaining anything, nor does it state that the items are rare or unique, and before you start rambling on about the word exclusive, that word is so loosely used it could of meant anything. Any other business that advertised like that would of been hit hard by trading standards.

(edited by Cod Eye.1632)

in Halloween Event

Posted by: cherrie.8907

cherrie.8907

Kephas Isidore, many players are ehre – playing GW2 – because it’s NOT any of the games you have mentioned.
I am certainly one of these people.

I always knew GW2 will have a shop but during the whole development period Devs have always stated it wuld be like GW1 store, with no pay to win (which, to me, always meant pay for advantage so I am already pretty unhappy with the boosts, but that’s a different subject).

I have played a great deal of games on the market and I’ve never stayed for long in any that had a high RNG (or high grind factor). That’s why I always thought GW1 to be the best game on the market, and that’s why I am in GW2 and not somewhere else. And this is also precisely why I am a bit disgusted with the shop in general and totally disgusted with the whole situation surrounding chests in this event.

Also, do not forget that one of the points of GW2 marketing campaign was “we are not like the others” hence your whole argument about “everyone is doing it” is double void (double, because it’s never an argument).

Again, ANet marketing for this event was highliting chests and the unique skins you were getting.
No where it ever said “rare” (though it should say “very rare”!). Given ANet history with GW1 and events there, I can guarantee you that nearly every GW1 player thought the rate will be substantial

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”
-Mike Obrien
“We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills” -Colin Johanson

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Vexrm.6134

Vexrm.6134

I still don’t think we know what that chance is. They told you that the skins exist but not the drop rate. You assumed a decent drop rate. I didn’t.

But hey, I’m still going to open chests later this week.

in Halloween Event

Kephas Isidore.5926

The spirit of festivity for me is that this is one part of the event. This is like complaining that “CHRISTMAS IS RUINED” when you didn’t get cool stuff in your stocking.

Unless you are rich beyond belief and your income is entirely disposable, then spending real-life hard-earned money to gamble on receiving an entirely cosmetic upgrade to a fictional character in a virtual world is possibly the stupidest thing I can imagine. But at least while you are pursuing this as an interest you aren’t breeding…long may it continue.

Good to see someone understands this.

Quick math;

You open 100 chests with 100 keys that you bought. Keys cost 150 gems per key, so that’s 15000 gens. Around 180 bucks, no?

Anytime you spend 180 bucks for a cosmetic skin in a video game, then spend MORE money because you didn’t get it the first time around you have to do it.

And clearly shows that no one in this thread has a gambling or compulsion problem.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Roybe.5896

Roybe.5896

BLC’s are not a gambling mechanism…seriously. Gambling has a win side and a lose side. I bet $1 that something happens. If it does, I get my dollar. If it doesn’t I lose my dollar. Where is the lose in a BLC? When you open it you are guaranteed products that have value. Just because you do not perceive the value does not mean it doesn’t
exist. Think about it this way:

You have a 1 in 6 chance to get the toy you want in a box of cereal. You by 12 boxes and fail to get your desired toy. Another 18 boxes later you finally get 1 of your hearts desire. Did you lose? Nope. you got 30 boxes of cereal..with 30 other toys.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Nepocrates.3642

Nepocrates.3642

I’m not disappointed by the costume brawls. They rock!

I have mixed feeling. mainly because I do not know the purpose of the brawl, not sure how many pumpkins I have to carve and what to do with the candy operated device I got.

It is not like I want a walk though just a hint to the purpose or how many items I need to carve to see if it is worth my time. I am so confused.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: taomang.2183

taomang.2183

I can’t believe how people toss words like “entitlement” and “hard work” senselessly.

I got my scythe on 24th chest. And only when i switched to my lvl 9 mage. I figured that noobies would get more chance of “enjoying the festivities” than some lvl 80 veteran. After i got it i just stopped. It costs way too much money to get it. I consider myself VERY lucky to get a scythe and not something else.

But what i want to point out is that:

1) They should be rare… NOT. No one CARES if some other person has it. You’re not gonna stare and admire at THAT person. There are so many people with legendaries running around, i can tell you that no one really pays attention to them saying “oh man look at that guy he is so cool”, but people think “oh so THAT’S what a legendary looks like. Let me check how much gold it’s worth to spend on that thing”.
So, if EVERYONE and their mother got a Halloween skin, running around NO ONE WOULD CARE. I mean if you need a weapon skin to feel special, there is something seriously wrong with you. Most of people only care about how THEIR character looks, not how you or your buddy look. We all love to “dress up” our own characters and make them look how we want to. Apparently, it’s a wrong thing.

2) It’s not an accomplishment if you get it right away. Wait… what? You are opening a chest. You are spending dollars and buying pixels. You didn’t kill anything, you didn’t take down Zhaitan, you opened a chest. And maybe you just spent more money than the price of the game, which is ridiculous.

To majority that keep saying “you knew what you got yourself into” – no we didn’t. Read other dozens of posts saying that we had no idea how rare these actually are. I’ve experienced better rare skins RNG for events in korean mmos than gw2.

Even after getting my skin early, i still don’t support this business method. They should’ve just put the skins up for sale directly and have people be happy. Seeing 5 people with greatsword chainsaws, doesn’t make the skin less special. It just makes 5 people swinging those around frantically much happier, than one lonely soul who needs his digital avatar to make him feel special for 5 minutes.

Good day.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: BlakThornArrow.2389

BlakThornArrow.2389

im still gonna give the chests a shot tonight , who knows i might get lucky if not well to bad there’s always next year XD

White Lions Claw , dungeon, Living Story ,
Personal Story, WvsW , Guild Missions, Living Story and so much more.
(We have Teamspeak and a forum ) join us!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Reevac.1748

Reevac.1748

How many people here haven’t bothered to read dev comments? All of the halloween content hasn’t even started yet… it’s not like what we’ve seen so far is everything. Try reading once in a while… the mad kings kingdom hasn’t even opened up yet. The best content of the event isn’t going to start until the 28th.

As for the chests… oh well. Live and learn.

I don’t know why I bother to log into the forums… the vocal majority seem to be the least informed and the most presumptuous.

There is maybe 1% of actual player base that posts in forums? Maybe? 99% of the 1% is kitten kitten complain kitten and moan.

1 act is open people.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: BaergusMaximus.6904

BaergusMaximus.6904

I’ve spent $0 on keys, but I’m a tad disapointed that we’ve paid at the bare minimum $60.00 and nothing is guarenteed. One of the big things that I loved about GW1 were the Holiday events. This game is not F2P, I understand that the unique stuff is %100 optional, but obviously people want to get the cool stuff to commemorate that they were at the first GW2 Halloween. I don’t know a solution, but seeing people get this upset over something so trivial has clearly marked failure on making a successful and fun holiday event.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: buzzkapow.8465

buzzkapow.8465

I did a little bit of research to shed some light on this subject. Orginally, i believed that Anet had mislead the community. According to the Fair Trade Act, they did not. Though they were close.

For those of you saying that it’s Gambling, then i suggest Anet do more research into gambling laws. In Canada, you must have the odds visible to the consumer, so they can make an informed choice. I have not seen the odds of the skins dropping anywhere. Therefore, it surely isn’t gambling. After all, Anet wouldn’t break the law right?

Seriously though, if many within the community feel cheated, then we have the right to make our complaints heard. And we should be able to do so without other people telling us that we’re stupid for spending our money. Or that we should have know, etc. Do you go stand at the customer service counter at Walmart and mock the people making a complaint about something? No, because you would get tossed out of there. Instead, you’re a keyboard warrior who likes to make themselves feel big by putting others down. If you don’t have anything to actually contribute to this conversation, GTFO! Simple as that. Your 2 cents are not wanted here.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Syn.3459

Syn.3459

i have to say that it does seem VERY pointless, in a week i can log in when the events over and then purchase the weapon skins and anything else which is terrible as i don’t even have to participate in this “event” when the main selling point of it is buying keys to unlock chests

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Wrei Mors Les.8406

Wrei Mors Les.8406

Kephas Isidore.5926

Quote: Kephas Isidore:
“Hilarious how a company outright says “cool looking weapon skins will be ultra rare. You will need to work hard to get them” and people ignore this come event time and think that cool looking skins will magically appear on trees.

Face the facts guys; if you want cool looking weapon skins, it will cost you time and/or money. They said this from the start before launch.”

Care to rephrase that in a way that doesn’t make you sound like an ignorant little rich brat burning thru daddy’s credit card? Its being quoted that Anet has never provide a clear estimate on halloween drop chances in its initial promotion post (a “chance”; not ‘rare’ chance, not ‘good’ chance, just A chance). That in it self is argueably misleading and rightly so since being upright honest about the real odds will repulse interest in gem sales for keys. Are we as gamers supposed to be on-guard in a HOLIDAY period as we usually are for most money to virtual item transactions trying to net some commerative items in celebration of SAID festival? Well aparently Anet has taught us we should with this festive fiasco. We should be tighter with our wallets, show more discretion with our spending, yadda yadda yadda….and in return give up less funds to support GW2? You ignorant fanboy logic of pushing the fault of disappointment back on us alone is kitten Customers demand reasonable satisfaction and at least for these holiday events we would like free of the repeated daily disapointment that is RNG grind for sweet looking gear(legendary weapon anyone?). How nice of Anet to even bring THAT into a holiday season.

BTW: having not spend my gems at keys but instead saving for those costumes was the best decision I made this week. I almost got suckered into lowering my guard and I feel for the rest of you who didn’t have the fotune/foresight to dodge this bullet.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Nappychappy.7046

Nappychappy.7046

I didn’t spend any money and I refuse to spend money until I can buy a key-chain authenticator, mobile wont do. I did however spend gold, but the real problem here isn’t what you spend, or how much you spend. The problem is simple: people are not having fun. Well, I’m sure a lot of people are having fun, but it ends quickly once funneled into Cursed Shore. I’ve gotten my money’s worth out of this game, but I was really hoping this game would hold my interest for more than 55 days and keep going strong.

I wasn’t a huge fan of GW1, I honestly hated the game, but I gave this one a shot based off the praise of GW1 vets, and the promises of ArenaNet developers. I would love to hear a response from a developer about why all low level zones are dead, why the game with no grind ends unless you grind and what made them think that a holiday event would be fun if only a small fraction of the player base gets to enjoy it. LA looks wonderful, but it’s not fun to look at decorations, or to farm candy corn for 4 hour items, nor is it fun to spend hard earned gold/money on a “chance”.

To those who say “that’s gambling” you are correct, but gambling usually has a huge reward and several smaller ones, it also entertains you. Buying keys and opening chests is not entertaining. As a level 80, with Master Crafter 99% of the chest items are 100% useless.

You are using 21 of 100 infractions ermm, PMs.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Varen.8507

Varen.8507

Honestly the QQ to this is hilarious to me.. how could you not see this coming? What made anyone thing you would open 5,10, even 20 chests and you would get a RARE event specific skin? Random is random. They owe you nothing. Do you ask Mega Millions for your money back when you dont win the jackpot or even $5? If the concept of this upsets you that is understandable, but they still dont owe you jack kitten. I will open some chests, probably will get nothing, then will go about my business. I understand the risks, just dont care that much. Again, random is random.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: pricer.5091

pricer.5091

Seeing people get so upset over something so trivial is a sad indictment of where we are heading as a species you mean…

in Halloween Event

Kephas Isidore.5926

I like how I present viable statements and people say “are you getting paid by them”?

I’m saying that;

1) This fits into the same design they put into prestige skins like the Greatsword skins. Have you seen the effort required to get some of the Legendary weapons?
2) This fits into exactly what they said; the weapon skins are RNG.

As a crafter I for one am happy that weapon skins take effort to get, and are prestigious. When I finally get a cool skin, I’ll be pleased.

Cherrie, this is one element of the game where they are emulating other companies. The very nature of having a cash shop is emulating other companies. If they had a sub they would be emulating. If it was B2P with no cash shop, it’d be emulating.

Core game mechanics are unique and different, but we’ve long known the transaction model would be based off of other companies.

At least this isn’t like Runes of Magic, which tunes the difficulty up an insane amount to force everyone to buy in their cash shop.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Qaletaqa Hania.2598

Qaletaqa Hania.2598

They totally abused the trust of their consumers, Why?

Drops tonics (100%), one boost (100%), and one other item (100%)

So we aproximatly know what they’ll drop and how much they would drop, even the lowest dropped item (Bank Access Express & Revive Orbs I pressume) from before the Halloween Event had a higher droprate then the new Skins.

That is some kind of Bait-and-switch, in other words fraud. They never said it was Rare before people started buying keys but when people started complaining suddenly the word Rare was dropped.

Not only are they committing fraud but they are doeing it on a large scale.

(edited by Qaletaqa Hania.2598)

in Halloween Event

Posted by: cherrie.8907

cherrie.8907

I wish I could quote taomang proper but the forum buttons are still not fixed…

1) They should be rare… NOT. No one CARES if some other person has it. You’re not gonna stare and admire at THAT person. There are so many people with legendaries running around, i can tell you that no one really pays attention to them saying “oh man look at that guy he is so cool”, but people think “oh so THAT’S what a legendary looks like. Let me check how much gold it’s worth to spend on that thing”.
So, if EVERYONE and their mother got a Halloween skin, running around NO ONE WOULD CARE. I mean if you need a weapon skin to feel special, there is something seriously wrong with you. Most of people only care about how THEIR character looks, not how you or your buddy look. We all love to “dress up” our own characters and make them look how we want to. Apparently, it’s a wrong thing.

This is so spot on.
The fact that apparently the skins are uber are won’t make me like them more as it would not make me like them less if they were common (I use Fine TStones to apply Krytan skin on my exotic weapons because I like it and I don’t give a bag of cats what someone else thinks).
GW1 had a perfect approach to festival fun: festival items were pretty common and easily obtained; if you liked it, you used it and had fun. Any store festival items (costumes only basically) were non-tradeable. Everyone was happy (well, maybe apart from people who wanted to play the market, but i couldn’t care less about them).

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”
-Mike Obrien
“We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills” -Colin Johanson