Awesome event, terrible rewards

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Spekkio.5270

Spekkio.5270

Looking at the mad king, his helmet, his shield, everything.. The anticipation of killing him and seeing what goodies await…

A 10 slot bag? You really couldn’t even spring for a 15, 18, or even a 20 slot bag?

I’m really at a loss for words. I really hope the dungeon loot buffage incoming soon isn’t done by the same person who chose a 10 slot bag reward for such an amazingly well done event.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Lopez.7369

Lopez.7369

Yup. The rewards are disappointing.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

15 slot? Do you know that the runes cost? They still want people to buy gems and trade them into gold and runes for 15 slot bag cost 50 silver. It is a bit too much. Even clock tower only had that slippers which are worth only a few silver if you sell them to npc.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: mastershke.8145

mastershke.8145

I had been praying that the reward might have been the option to pick one of the skins in soulbound on acquire form, but once again Anet proves that they dont care about us.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: RavenStorm.2675

RavenStorm.2675

So a one time cool event and it rewards me two whites and one green….. Remind me what was the point of doing this again?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Zyava.2430

Zyava.2430

And a green (rare) items that I cannot even use on my own class. What is this? I mean, really… one would think that Arena Net would think this logically through… what do I, a warrior, do with some rare pirate items that I cannot even wear?

Not one exotic item throughout the whole event, very disappointed. The rewards did not feel rewarding for me and that’s what should matter to you as developers, that I, as your user, am not satisfied.

The rewards could be green, heck, but they should have a 100% your-class spawn chance, otherwise it’s some kind of bad joke. Didn’t feel rewarding one bit.

Great event, awesome cutscene, great fight down there but the rewards are a huge disappointment.

Read, draw conclusions, make a better event next time, thank you.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Hunterdan.4921

Hunterdan.4921

I gotta admit, I love these events. But holy crap, it would be nice to get something cool.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Bluenet.2140

Bluenet.2140

The reward was extremely disappointing. A one-time unique event, so much oppertunity to do something special. A unique skin, town clothing, anything. A 10 slot bag is a total joke. There wasn’t even an achievement or any sort of feeling of accomplishment.

Real shame, dungeon and event itself were incredibly well done.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: tertle.4621

tertle.4621

The chest seems to drop exotics very frequently, 1 exotic first run, exotic recipe 2nd.

People I did it with all got at least 1 exotic after 2 runs. Going in for 3rd now.

-edit-

Doesn’t seem anyone got anything third run. I got a strength booster.

(edited by tertle.4621)

in Halloween Event

Posted by: PTownHero.9231

PTownHero.9231

That’s it? Is there a title or anything? If not I’m about to tell this event to suck it.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Shifu.4321

Shifu.4321

I’ve gotten 3 lvl 75+ exotics in 3 runs, a few BLTC items. I bet you could even get a skin.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Philosofen.8736

Philosofen.8736

I had been praying that the reward might have been one of the skins in soulbound on acquire form, but once again Anet proves that they dont care about us.

Ye indeed. They dont care about us at all by working hard as hell, giving us free events that we can enjoy.

Sorry, but you’re acting like spoiled brat.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Celestea.4105

Celestea.4105

Just got a black lion salvage kit from the chest.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Spekkio.5270

Spekkio.5270

Once you’re level 80 with magic find gear, you poop 50 silver.

I’m going to make a comparison to that other game. On their latest halloween event, they give out extremely powerful ring. Because of GW2’s gear having the same stats for all exotics at level 80, they can’t really give out something powerful, they would have to give out something with looks, or something which is useful like a bag. I didn’t mind the reward being a bag, but a 10 slot bag is an insult to everyone.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: takatsu.9416

takatsu.9416

LOL. WAIT THERE WAS A CHEST?????!!!!!!! i gotta run this again

in Halloween Event

Posted by: samrogan.9132

samrogan.9132

Why do you only care about the loot? Did you miss how kittening awesome that battle was? It the fact that all this new content probably took hours and hours to complete? Yes, ANet doesn’t care at all.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: mastershke.8145

mastershke.8145

Why do you only care about the loot? Did you miss how kittening awesome that battle was? It the fact that all this new content probably took hours and hours to complete? Yes, ANet doesn’t care at all.

That battle was in no way awesome. Jump around and smack an enemy. What is awesome about that? Nothing stood out and nothing was special. For all the hype there was behind this, the event failed to deliver.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: azurrei.5691

azurrei.5691

This boss fight was very well done – I had a lot of fun! In fact, I didn’t really care about the rewards at the end because it was done so well.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Thellena.5967

Thellena.5967

It’s not a one time event. Only the cut scene was. The dungeon is repeatable every day.

The rewards are the popup with 26 silver and Karma + a chest to open.

People in my group got some rares, I got a dye pack which had 7 dyes and some greens. All in all I thought it was great fun and I’m going to do it again tomorrow.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Guild.3529

Guild.3529

I have enjoyed it ! It was awesome ! ArenaNet must make more of these types of things not only in halloween ! ArenaNet you are awesome your team and everything ! Oh about the rewards i am disappointed but i don’t care about it since i have enjoyed it . 10/10 !

Follow me on instagram: https://www.instagram.com/neverscare.gw2/

I post gw2 screenshots if you wanna take a look :)

in Halloween Event

Posted by: spellchekc.5409

spellchekc.5409

Disappointed by the rewards!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Vzur.7123

Vzur.7123

That should be GW2’s tag line. Maybe even splash it across the game box, “Awesome Game, Terrible Rewards! So much fun, you’ll cheer with glee, every time you’re rewarded with another punch in the face!”

in Halloween Event

Posted by: illgot.1056

illgot.1056

one guy got a level 80 Arachnid bow with magic find, so the rewards are there, just rare.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: philzouk.9306

philzouk.9306

I got 2 greens from chest, some guy got a MF booster.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Choko.6821

Choko.6821

Emm spoilers for the mad king boss.

Attachments:

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Polantaris.9513

Polantaris.9513

Luthan.5236
15 slot? Do you know that the runes cost? They still want people to buy gems and trade them into gold and runes for 15 slot bag cost 50 silver. It is a bit too much. Even clock tower only had that slippers which are worth only a few silver if you sell them to npc.

Everyone has 4 bag slots. Giving away 1 20 slot bag for free would do nothing to the economy at all.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Ditton.3149

Ditton.3149

there is a chest you can farm that drops halloween exotics there guys

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Nurse.1085

Nurse.1085

Next year, I hope they have a Halloween Token Vendor instead.

Inside the chests, you get rewarded with a Halloween Token (you get more for harder events such as the Clocktower) which can be redeemed at vendors for cool rewards. Maybe even have the tokens inside Black Lion Chests.

For example, cheap rewards could be things like Halloween exclusive mini pets, temporary skins, different style backpacks and so forth. “Big” and more expensive rewards could be special permanent skins and so forth. You get the idea.

But yes, I have nothing to show for this Halloween event other than my backpacks. Black Lion Chests and the Forge were a rip off and I have 0 luck. It’s like playing the Lottery, I know I’m not going to win lol.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Echelon.5384

Echelon.5384

I’m sorry about your entitled butt hurt kitten

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

Out of the guilds of mine that ran it so far:

Some got mad moon shield

Some got the recipes

Some got those halloween shoulder pads.

Also, the chest can be opened multiple times, we ran it twice so far and each time got the end chest.

Also, am I the only one who did it for fun? It is not a difficult dungeon guys.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Katreyn.4218

Katreyn.4218

I admit I was a little disappointed, was expecting maybe some one of a kind item. Chest didn’t drop much use except a zombie potion.

I wish the bag was account bound. >.<

But I enjoyed the run a lot. So I don’t care overall. Not gonna complain about it. Since it took all of like 20 minutes to complete.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Lumines.3916

Lumines.3916

Guildie got the arachnophobia exotic bow (permanent) off the chest after killing Mad King. Seems like rare drop. I got a 76+ exotic torch but that’s it.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Zyava.2430

Zyava.2430

This seems to be bugged. I cannot enter the dungeon in party again, only solo…

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Tinantier.5964

Tinantier.5964

Is there nothing people won’t QQ about?

Yasma – Mesmer – Divine Legend – Desolation

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Trickyg.8752

Trickyg.8752

Another QQ I deserve everything thread. Cmon guys you can’t run it once and expect free rare skins that are on the broker for 30+ gold. Seriously?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: belarki.7385

belarki.7385

Oh no there was a chest? FML >_< I guess I’m doing it again, I hope missing it the first time doesn’t affect the loot 2nd time around?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Thesalesman.8350

Thesalesman.8350

Can someone tell if the exotics from the chest (non event related and event related) are souldbound, acount bound or bind on use please. Would love to run this on alts but dont want to get a cool reward on a crappy alt

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Sera.6539

Sera.6539

I got an exotic on my Necromancer and Karma Booster on my Elementalist. The exotic is Soulbound on Use.

Gelda Nebilim – Nagare [NGE] – Crystal Desert
http://youtube.com/user/Royblazer

in Halloween Event

Posted by: XGhoul.7426

XGhoul.7426

The exotics from the chest are non event related and on a side note: You already got a 26s dungeon reward for pretty much 10 minutes and people are already complaining? Yea, there’s no saving this community.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: nmoral.3876

nmoral.3876

let down rewards..as always..fun event though..

PD: miserly

in Halloween Event

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

got an exotic on firs try

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Dark Saviour.9410

Dark Saviour.9410

Got an exotic 76 axe… Better than most of what I tend to get, but eh… Good to know you can redo the dungeon at least, but instanced party-content is my least favourite type in these games, so feh… Dunno how many times I’ll rerun it.

Gone for good after Halloween 2Ø12.
A shame fun things could not simply be fun.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Alur.7510

Alur.7510

XGhoul.7426 I agree with you mate :P they don’t appreaciate anything this company is doing, go to pay a month sub all of you, for an event with 3 pumpkins in the main city and a free hat. Here you get a hole new zone, mini games, skins, dresses… want me to continue? man..

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Solirus.1754

Solirus.1754

What in the world is wrong with you people? What happened to playing games for fun? Huh? The battle was fun! The event was fun! That in itself was its own reward. Yet you labeled it as ‘work’. If you’re in this purely to make profit for your character maybe you should try a different game. I’m astounded. People ALWAYS have to have something to complain about. I hope Anet doesn’t spend too much time listening to you people.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Morgoth.4573

Morgoth.4573

Someone in map chat just said they got Arachnophobia from the chest. I think it should be taken with a huge pile of salt though.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Kimbald.2697

Kimbald.2697

I had been praying that the reward might have been one of the skins in soulbound on acquire form, but once again Anet proves that they dont care about us.

Ye indeed. They dont care about us at all by working hard as hell, giving us free events that we can enjoy.

Sorry, but you’re acting like spoiled brat.

nothing is free in this game, sorry but you sound like a naïve brat.
Why are we calling each other ‘brats’ or other insults on a forum? Is it that hard for you to disagree without falling to insult?

2 million copies sold, way over their estimate, and a heavily promoted gem shop, for a game only 2 months old… think we paid for quite a few events by now.

This said: I expected no real reward, and don’t care that much about that part of the discusion going.

Wiggely, wobbely and other wombaty wabbity creatures…

(edited by Kimbald.2697)

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Lorana.2468

Lorana.2468

this fight was a ton of fun to solo.

especially when Binding Blade works on him and you can pull his giant kitten around at a whim.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Eis.6984

Eis.6984

It would be nice if they’d normalize chest rewards a little. I don’t need great loot every time, but it’s a little stupid when some people are pulling exotics out of a chest and others are getting greens.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Blighton.6425

Blighton.6425

boring fight solo, especially as a Ranger with Longbow / Shortbow combo

and rewards we not worth the 20+ minute fight ( which compared to the rest of the Acts seems normal to be worthless rewards ) ( was rewarded 2 greens and a 10 slot bag, good thing i have all 15’s equipped )

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Sneski.5418

Sneski.5418

I didn’t do it yet. Some of these comments make me sick, really. You can be disappointed but you there are ways to express opinions. Some people will disagree but this has nothing to do with giving feedback. There is no reason why this should allowed on any forum. I’m not saying this to people that are just negative here, so spare me the lectures about complaining about the complaints.