Craftable Halloween Weapons...

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Solirus.1754

Solirus.1754

A single gift per item is somewhat more reasonable. However, does this mean there are only 3 weapons to make? Because that leaves a lot of players hanging out to dry. My Warrior can only use one of those 3 weapons.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Korinth.9643

Korinth.9643

I’d say one gift would be reasonable..All three would be near impossible with the time frame.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: lcpdragonslayer.7895

lcpdragonslayer.7895

For everyone who’s affirmed to me in the past that Guild Wars 2 is casual player-friendly, I feel like I should have been informed that I need to take the whole week off work to gather up all those materials just to chuck ’em into the forge with my fingers crossed and see what comes out the other end.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Prothescar.7842

Prothescar.7842

A single gift per item is somewhat more reasonable. However, does this mean there are only 3 weapons to make? Because that leaves a lot of players hanging out to dry. My Warrior can only use one of those 3 weapons.

Pretty sure it’s just the 3 temporary ones from the candy corn merchant.

Again guys, that recipe is tentative. We only know for sure what’s required to make the gifts. We don’t know how exactly to use the gifts to make a weapon.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Sina.9208

Sina.9208

Anyone with 50 gold can get this right away XD Farming 1000+ Candy corn seems doable to me, there are a crazy amount of rich veins around.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Alur.7510

Alur.7510

What I meant was they crafted gift with about 8g, they had some battle of wine already (sorry mystypo I’m very slept still :P)

in Halloween Event

Prothescar.7842

What did they use with the gift to make the weapon?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Sorry.6741

Sorry.6741

I made the recipe for the gift of the moon. The previously stated ingrediants are correct.
There is no way Im going to chuck all those lodestones into creating the weapon however. Its too much of a gold farm for me to be doing during the holiday LOL. – I like the costumes though, so thats something.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Avan.1540

Avan.1540

With 50g you could just buy them off the TP :P

20+ Charracters – Charr only player – NA Kaineng
Give Charr armor some more love!
Let us show our spots, stripes, or lack-there-of in style.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Kyiv.9621

Kyiv.9621

yup the 40 wine MF recipe gives you the recipe, the recipe itself are the ones listed before that require the gifts.

So you are talking 12 gold for reciple, 125g for the weapon itself

in Halloween Event

Posted by: twibs.2173

twibs.2173

This seems like an incredibly big task, especially for those that aren’t at lvl 80 yet(like me). It seems like Anet is making this impossible for a large percentage of players.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

So it seems that the only people who are going to get the permanent Halloween crafted weapons are those who are already have the cash to buy what mats they need, or who are going to be very, VERY dedicated farmers over the course of the next week. It’s not a big issue for me as I don’t particularly like any of the Halloween weapon skins so far, but I imagine this will be a huge disappointment to many people.

On the bright side, at least now we know what to expect for next Halloween and can farm up the mats beforehand in preparation.

in Halloween Event

Prothescar.7842

250 Candy Corn + 10 Crystalline Dust + 40 Elonian Wine + 100 of X Rare Halloween Crafting Material = Gift

Gift of Souls + 250 Orichalcum Ingot + 100 Charged Lodestone + 20 Glob of Ectoplasm = Staff

Gift of Spiders + 250 Orichalcum Ingot + 100 Destroyer Lodestone + 20 Glob of Ectoplasm = Short Bow

Gift of the Moon + 250 Orichalcum Ingot + 100 Corrupted Lodestone + 20 Glob of Ectoplasm = Shield

? This about right?

…that’s ridiculous. Who are they trying to market these weapons to? Who is going to sink that many resources into weapons that are really only passably cool looking, especially compared to the BLC offerings?

in Halloween Event

Kyiv.9621

well the mats are the easy part, just get the mats over the next 2 weeks and then farm for gold to buy the wine, get the recipe and you can make it anytime even when the holiday is over.

But it is still 125g to actually make the weapon

in Halloween Event

Posted by: raxx.8914

raxx.8914

The 3 gifts are used to make the 3 temp weapons you get from vendors i’d say.
Gift of spiders 250 oric ingots, 100 destroyer lodestones, 20 ectro and 1 gift of ascalon.
WHY USE LODESTONES!!!!!!!!!!!!! They are already in huge demand for other items, such a silly idea.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Hott Bill.1524

Hott Bill.1524

Yeaaaaaa I enjoyed wasting 20 gold.

Attachments:

in Halloween Event

Prothescar.7842

So the lodestones and stuff are for an exotic gift… which is put into something to make the weapons? This is way more convoluted than it has to be, seriously.

in Halloween Event

Solirus.1754

You know what, I’m not even going to bother. I don’t know what’s happened over at Anet headquarters, but this just goes way too far. I’m all for working towards something (even legendary weapons, since they are very unique and not holiday specific in their themes) but this is too much. By the time most players get these materials it will be WINTERSDAY! By which point we’ll likely have more weapons to make. Nobody wants Halloween weapons during Christmas time. I’m disappointed in this.

in Halloween Event

Prothescar.7842

Oh… I think I see. The smaller gift recipe using wine is for the RECIPE of the actual gift, which uses the lodestones and everything… then what do you use with the final exotic gift to make the final exotic weapon…?

I actually hope we never find out, because I’d feel pretty bad for anyone who sinks so many resources into it. :\

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Qaletaqa Hania.2598

Qaletaqa Hania.2598

Yeaaaaaa I enjoyed wasting 20 gold.

kitten that lol, almost everyone I know has told me that they won’t be spending any gold on Legendaries. This was before the update right.

Now them doeing this? It’s gonna push people away from the game.

Especially since they said this:

While Guild Wars 2 adds a persistent world, it retains the unique nature of the original game including a strong narrative, extensive instanced gameplay, an anti-grind design philosophy, and strong support for competitive play.

There goes their anti-grind philosophy.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Bunnehboo.6025

Bunnehboo.6025

=x yeah this is kinda bad on Anets part….

but hey i made 3 gold off candy corn and all the mats because they were selling so high ^^

~Caedas~

in Halloween Event

Sorry.6741

Its turning out to be a lot less fun than I thought it was going to be. Sounds a little dumb I suppose but I am a bit dissapointed with this particular part of the event. – Everything looks gorgeous and there is a great ambience in game. Kudos to the people who worked on that. – But I am really surprised and dissapointed to see that only a small part of these crafting goals actually require event specific items. – That infact the major chunk of the value of each item comes from a dungeon gift, lodestones (which are incredibly expensive when you take the amount needed into account) and the massive amount of ore. – It seems like any old grind, and not very halloweenie :P

I question the decission to not have rare or even exotic drops from the gate events or similar in the world, to be used for the gift creations. – I worry that this is a sign that Arenanet is a little out of touch with the majority (I believe) of their players when they went with this farm or grind, call it what you will. But collecting the same items for every major undertaking where the forge is concerned is getting a bit annoying. The event was a perfect oppertunity to spice it up in a wholehearted way. Not this slightly skizoid inbetween Anet went with.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: raxx.8914

raxx.8914

There isn’t really a grind, you just look like a hobo if you don’t.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Dark Saviour.9410

Dark Saviour.9410

But collecting the same items for every major undertaking where the forge is concerned is getting a bit annoying. The event was a perfect oppertunity to spice it up in a wholehearted way.

Very much this.

This is a major part of why I stopped playing for a while.
All the crap with the legendary pre-cursors + them being SB on use rather than AB on acquire put me off of going towards those, but every other item really worth pursuing was another instance of “grind out a bunch of Ori and the like and chuck it into the forge” or, at the very least, “Grind out a bunch of gold”. That there wasn’t anything fun to get incidental to normal gameplay kind of killed it for me, and so I was hoping that the prizes here would all accompany Halloween-centric events and ‘quests’… Not more of the same.

:-/

Gone for good after Halloween 2Ø12.
A shame fun things could not simply be fun.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Tenicord.9803

Tenicord.9803

Wow, that’s a bummer. I mean, why make holiday events such a grind to get something fun? Very saddened by A.Net and the amount of mats for some of that stuff.

~Peace

“Our Time Is Now”
Waylon- lvl 80 Guardian
Trism – lvl 80 Engineer

in Halloween Event

Sorry.6741

well, I think it is possible and realistic to aquire quite a good looking character without grinding or farming. The issue is that to access the part of the game that does give you either legendaries or it seems event crafted weapons, it is a grind.

I dont have any issue with the legendaries being extraordinary, although I do think it could have been done more elegantly with regards to the precursors.
I do however think it is a shame and a missed oppertunity to make the event weapons versions of the legendary grind. It means those who cant or wont stomach that effort, are put in front of another wall with regards to the content in the game.

For us it ultimately boils down to discussions where matter of opinion outweighs levelheaded discussions about what is best for the game. By excluding a big portion of the players, simply by railing the content in a direction they dont want to head in (the grind for materials in such a degree) you end up with exasperated players. – Its not smart buisness. But I worry this doesnt translate well in view of the gemsales that are seen during the event.

I think the legendary grind is apropriate and caters to players who do like this sort of thing. I am simply pointing out that there is little to no reason for making a similar grind – when it only caters to that same part of the player group. Anyhoo, thats my opinion.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Lucas Ashrock.8675

Lucas Ashrock.8675

Absurd. Enjoy this waste of expensive resources. I’m not gonna craft neither one of those uberexpensive weapons at all. I have a way better one im working with.

Dungeon Master http://i.imgur.com/Hoqw3.jpg ME http://i.imgur.com/R41MGzB.jpg Fractal Guild Promoter

in Halloween Event

Posted by: FallenAdvent.5904

FallenAdvent.5904

Guys, its this simple. You want something in life. Learn to work for it. Stop whining like a bunch of little kids and get over it. Nothing. Nothing is going to be handed to you on a silver platter. If you want something cool from this event, you have to be 1 of 3 things.

1. Determined as all hell to earn it, And work through the entire event to get it.

2. Rich as hell and just buy keys.

3. Really Really lucky.

If you are not any of those 3 things. Sucks to be you. Get over it. Life ain’t fair. Now if you excuse me. I have to get back to farming to EARN my weapon.

I haven’t complained 1 kitten bit, Even with the almost routine disconnects every 30-45 minutes or so.

(edited by FallenAdvent.5904)

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Nixoncks.1397

Nixoncks.1397

Halloween event weapons should be for all level but the cost of these weapons are way beyond their reach. This is a huge disappoint.

in Halloween Event

Kyiv.9621

I always try to keep positive but I agree, unless you grind for gold in this game 24/7 or have a lot of real money to buy gems, most of the new items are pretty much out of reach, which is a shame.

Why should only the most hardcore players get access to the new items. I liked the town clothes and minis and don’t mind spending money but I have a limit.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Evans.6347

Evans.6347

Guys, its this simple. You want something in life. Learn to work for it. Stop whining like a bunch of little kids and get over it. Nothing. Nothing is going to be handed to you on a silver platter. If you want something cool from this event, you have to be 1 of 3 things.

1. Determined as all hell to earn it, And work through the entire event to get it.

3. Really Really lucky.

If you are not any of those 3 things. Sucks to be you. Get over it. Life ain’t fair. Now if you excuse me. I have to get back to farming to EARN my weapon.

I haven’t complained 1 kitten bit, Even with the almost routine disconnects every 30-45 minutes or so.

I agree with you on working to get something you want, but this is a festival. It’s supposed to be fun, not work. What’s the point of adding all the festivities if you are going to push people away from them because they need to farm farm farm against the clock to get a ‘festive’ weapon?

I think the holiday weapons were poorly implemented.

Joy to the world, ignorance is bliss

in Halloween Event

FallenAdvent.5904

I always try to keep positive but I agree, unless you grind for gold in this game 24/7 or have a lot of real money to buy gems, most of the new items are pretty much out of reach, which is a shame.

Why should only the most hardcore players get access to the new items. I liked the town clothes and minis and don’t mind spending money but I have a limit.

During these early events, Ya, your right, Only the most dedicated & hardcore people will get the items. Sorry, But that is the sad fact of life. These are the weapons that will be worth the most down the road in 2-4 years. And only those that work the hardest will be able to obtain such a luxury.

Sorry. Hate to be blunt. But if you don’t have the determination or dedication to earn the better looking items. Then they really arn’t worth it are they? Not to you at least. So your going to have to learn to deal.

Here is a arguement to answer this threads arguement. How is it fair to the hardcore players to have everyone have the really nice and luxury weapons when the hardcore people are the only ones willing to put the effort forth to earn them?

If I spend this whole event farming and manage to get a weapon. Then that is something I can be proud of. Because its something that few others were willing to do.

So sorry if that disappoints you. But I even have work to deal with & a relationship to balance as well. And I still will end up with one of those weapons by the end of the event. Because I have the determination & dedication to do so.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Kalocin.5982

Kalocin.5982

3. Really Really lucky.

Life isn’t fair? More like the game isn’t fair…Get over it? Okay, but I guess Anet doesn’t want to have players supporting their game, your game, and your future updates. I guess that also includes life not being fair.

Also whining like a bunch of kids? It’s precisely that I’m not a kid that I can’t have fun in this game. I need to work, I have real things to work for. I do not want to waste time on another job which is ironically worse than the grind WoW has (Why? The grind in WoW is actually more fun rather than just killing mobs)

You can say “Oh you work, go buy gems then.” I’m sorry but how do you tell your wife that you just blew $50+ on a cosmetic look in a video game. Reasonably speaking, throwing $5-10 down is fine every once in awhile…Throwing down more? Might as well go play a subscription game after all.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

Blows my mind that they thought this would be a good idea.

in Halloween Event

Solirus.1754

3. Really Really lucky.

If we were talking about the normal legendary weapons or something I would agree with you. However, this is a festival that we are supposed to be enjoying, not grinding to get items that they made a point to advertise all over the place. The whole situation between this and the BLC items is completely ridiculous, but I’ve long since expected fanboys to actually realize that not everything in the game is perfect. ArenaNet makes mistakes, but if you had your way they would get away with every bad decision and nothing would change.

All that said, most people only like to use Halloween weapons during the holiday itself. This game is still only 2 months old, and 98% of the player base can NOT afford these weapons. By the time we can, the holiday will be long gone, and by then what is the point? It was a bad decision, they’re being called out on it. Stop defending them.

in Halloween Event

FallenAdvent.5904

3. Really Really lucky.

Life isn’t fair? More like the game isn’t fair…Get over it? Okay, but I guess Anet doesn’t want to have players supporting their game, your game, and your future updates. I guess that also includes life not being fair.

Also whining like a bunch of kids? It’s precisely that I’m not a kid that I can’t have fun in this game. I need to work, I have real things to work for. I do not want to waste time on another job which is ironically worse than the grind WoW has (Why? The grind in WoW is actually more fun rather than just killing mobs)

You can say “Oh you work, go buy gems then.” I’m sorry but how do you tell your wife that you just blew $50+ on a cosmetic look in a video game. Reasonably speaking, throwing $5-10 down is fine every once in awhile…Throwing down more? Might as well go play a subscription game after all.

Read my second post man. I have a job & life to balance as well. So ya. Get over it. And to be honest. I don’t care if this is less fun in your eyes than WoW, That is irrelevant to the conversation at hand. But if you want to go pay a company $15 a month to farm. Sure, Be my guest. I’m personally just fine with GW2 being the way it is. If I don’t want something, I don’t have to work for it. If I want something. I work for it.

If you want the cosmetic item. Work for it.

(edited by FallenAdvent.5904)

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Bubasparks.7829

Bubasparks.7829

and you can use those event items, candies etc even after event ends, so if you like skin, gather candy corns,skulls, and other event drops and craft weapons later, no one makes you do that in 5 days

in Halloween Event

Bunnehboo.6025

3. Really Really lucky.

Read my second post man. I have a job & life to balance as well. So ya. Get over it. And to be honest. I don’t care if this is less fun in your eyes than WoW, That is irrelevant to the conversation at hand. But if you want to go pay a company $15 a month to farm. Sure, Be my guest. I personally, am just fine with GW2 being the way it is. If I don’t want something, I don’t have to work for it. If I want something. I work for it.

If you want the cosmetic item. Work for it.

shouldn’t have to work for a festive item that turns up being as much work as a legendary with less benefits. In the guild im in, a lot of players were going for the halloween weapons as a replacement skin till they get their legendary but when they found out they needed lodestones they quickly changed their mind.

the main thing is the lodestones in my opinion they could do something different i need 100 oynx and 100 charged lodestones for my legendary weapons but im lucky and use GS/scepter+focus so i dont event have the option to have a halloween skin and i dont really like the chest skin :I

i farmed 2000gems, bought my norn alt a witch costume and got devil horns on it and my main(which so far is the only thing im really excited about this patch) :/ i dont think a outfits going to keep me pulled into a game for long. I told myself i’m saving gold for halloween because it is my favorite holiday of all holidays, but so far this event is kind of a let down, since i spent most of patch farm money

~Caedas~

(edited by Bunnehboo.6025)

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Dark Priest.3041

Dark Priest.3041

How can I create Gift of Souls recipe? Not Gift of Souls itself!

in Halloween Event

Bunnehboo.6025

someone posted something about 20gold
guessing you have to buy it i dont see it on the forge npc

~Caedas~

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Annis.9706

Annis.9706

All that said, most people only like to use Halloween weapons during the holiday itself. This game is still only 2 months old, and 98% of the player base can NOT afford these weapons. By the time we can, the holiday will be long gone, and by then what is the point? It was a bad decision, they’re being called out on it. Stop defending them.

Well, in all fairness, it was said that these weapons are for people who “want to be festive all year round”. For those that only want to get into the spirit of the holiday there are the temporary skins you can buy for some candied corn.

My highest character is only level 40, so I’m nowhere near to being able to make these weapons, but that really doesn’t bother me. I’m going to have fun during the event. If I get enough holiday materials to get the recipe, cool. If not, no big deal. I’ll still have had fun.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Jujube.4981

Jujube.4981

“We’ve got very good coverage over a good range of levels, and don’t forget we can scale you up and down for various things.” -Anthony Ordon, Game Designer

I guess you can participate doesn’t mean having even a chance to keep one of the skins. Someone who isn’t level capped for at least a month grinding out 300+ lodestones? Yeah, good luck.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: thrdeye.8523

thrdeye.8523

heres a thought. remember that this i a Four Act Event.. what if.. in the end you complete all four acts, you are rewarded with all the components to finish off your Mad king weapon.. then it would be up to you to use the components for holiday weapon, sell on the TP, or save for your own specific Legendary.. that would be worth it.

in Halloween Event

FallenAdvent.5904

Ok, So quick apology. I would like to say sorry to those who I was rather blunt to. Yes. The weapons could use a slight toning down as far as costs are concerned. But does that mean that my view on the luxury feature of the items are. They are meant for those who are willing to put in the time and effort to earn them.

So again, For those that I was being rude to. I apologize. It was out of line. But yes. I do believe people should have to put in a substantial effort to earn these items.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Quizzy.4918

Quizzy.4918

“We just don’t want players to grind in Guild Wars 2. No one enjoys that. No one finds that fun.”

Colin Johanson, Game Designer

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Tenicord.9803

Tenicord.9803

@thrdeye lets hope so, but then think of how upset people who actually spent all those mats to craft it would be.

I just feel like this is the wrong path for holiday events. leave the grind to the rest of the year, just let us do some events like journals and doors and have a good time. please.

A.net can do whatever they want but it does truly feel like they’ve gone against their entire philosophy that they were bolstering for years. “All about fun.” “No grind.” ect

“Our Time Is Now”
Waylon- lvl 80 Guardian
Trism – lvl 80 Engineer

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Haishao.6851

Haishao.6851

Well, botters and exploiter have the right to have holiday content too.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Lucas Ashrock.8675

Lucas Ashrock.8675

It’s fun how some people is even defending this stupid choice to use uberexpensive mats to craft a stupid festivity weapon. When wasn’t so hard, and way more enjoyable, just put festival drops to collect, to craft one on mystic. A lot of mats, fine. Needing hours. Fine. Not real inworld mats for the value of 120g+. Shrugs, fail.

Dungeon Master http://i.imgur.com/Hoqw3.jpg ME http://i.imgur.com/R41MGzB.jpg Fractal Guild Promoter

in Halloween Event

Posted by: soulcakeduck.7036

soulcakeduck.7036

This discussion seems to be lacking two important reminders.

1. You only need (at most!) to gather the Halloween-specific materials during this event. It should not be hard to get your candy corn and your 100 rare crafting mats over the next couple weeks.

2. Alternatively, since these are tradeable items, you can buy them off the TP after the event but expect the price to rise quickly as supply vanishes.

After the Halloween materials, you can spend as much time as you want gathering the other expensive items (wine, 100 lodestones, etc). You’ll be able to craft your weapon all year round if you have the materials, not just during the event.

Some MMOs hand out holiday skins easily, but it looks like these are still intended to be fairly rare and prestigious. That makes sense since the only ‘endgame’ here is the prestige gear grind. The requirements during Halloween seem very reasonable for creating your weapons.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Haishao.6851

Haishao.6851

It should not be hard to get your candy corn and your 100 rare crafting mats over the next couple weeks.

Since when are there a couple of week in 10 days?
And now that bug that gave 1000+ candy to certain people is fixed, only people who exploited it will even be able to craft those weapon.

(edited by Haishao.6851)