Did 3 door events got nothing related to halloween .

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Sadisticwolf.5376

Sadisticwolf.5376

So I have been running around Gendarran fields leveling my alt and I just noticed two things. First – 80% of the doors are not working, they just stay opened, don’t spawn anything and don’t go away to respawn later. Second – 3 events and ZERO tot bags or candy… what is the point of this again? Yes I reported it, YESTERDAY….. They fixed the doors that don’t stop spawning halloween monsters in under a few hours but NOT the doors that don’t spawn monsters?

Attachments:

(edited by Sadisticwolf.5376)

in Halloween Event

Posted by: nachtnebel.9168

nachtnebel.9168

Look at your achievments, you have one for hunting the mobs that come out of the Haunted Doors.

Salix Babylonica (Necro), Tharnath (Guardian), N Faculty (Mesmer),
Occam Pi (Ele), Acaena Elongata (Warrior), Finja Salversdotir (Ranger),
Bytestream (Engineer), Vim Whitespace (Thief)

in Halloween Event

Sadisticwolf.5376

Are you saying because I got an achievement it’s ok for the events to be broken/not spawn anything for the rest of the week? Interesting thought process.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Esya.3427

Esya.3427

You are aware that some spawn loot bags to be picked up? They are easy to miss.

in Halloween Event

nachtnebel.9168

The doors do spawn something, mostly mobs, sometimes tot bags.

in Halloween Event

Sadisticwolf.5376

I am aware of the loot bags yes. My concern is that 80 % of the events are badly broken and when they aren’t broken the drop rates are just horrid. I don’t think anyone is reading my 1st post.

Actually that’s the problem… they ARE NOT SPAWNING ANYTHING. Caps just for you since you obviously didn’t read the 1st post :P .

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Arsenic Touch.7960

Arsenic Touch.7960

I have noticed the same thing. Also noticed ones that would show up and vanish seconds later. Like was running up a hill mining some candy corn and then one appeared, no one went near it and by the time i got to it after like 15 seconds, it was gone.

Is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured?

Dragonbrand – Level 80 – Human Ranger

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

“Are you saying because I got an achievement it’s ok for the events to be broken/not spawn anything for the rest of the week? Interesting thought process.”
Of course it is not okay. But the game is new. I think they will have fixed it until next year’s halloween event. ;-) You should not expect them to fix it the time this event is still live. Usually it takes a few weeks to fix such complicated bugs.

in Halloween Event

Sadisticwolf.5376

I think they will have fixed it until next year’s halloween event. ;-) You should not expect them to fix it the time this event is still live. Usually it takes a few weeks to fix such complicated bugs.

Have you looked at patch notes? They actually DID fix something while the halloween event was live…. They actually fixed these bugs in under a few hours so why would it take a smaller bug to take weeks / years to fix lol ?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

I don’t know… but that is how it is. I saw this after release with some skill challenges that should have been easy to fix… but took forever and they fixed other stuff. Might also be because they have other priorities.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

a) Doors are on a timer determined on people in a random area around em, if from the time you spot one appear you didnt get to it, means you were doing something else too thus didnt just run to it since i never lost one if i really wanted to get it if i saw it spawn
b) They can spawn stuff within a at least 900 radius (so a 1800 diameter) from any side of the door, so chance is you just missed the really thin 2d green light effect that goes to the point where the thing you got spawns
c) They fixed infinite respawns (since nothing else with halloween was broken as in bugged, but some stuff was exploitable thus the second “fix” patch).

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

in Halloween Event

Sadisticwolf.5376

If " that is how it is " they honestly shouldn’t have events like this if they are gonna let them become such an eyesore to the players….

in Halloween Event

nachtnebel.9168

I am aware of the loot bags yes. My concern is that 80 % of the events are badly broken and when they aren’t broken the drop rates are just horrid. I don’t think anyone is reading my 1st post.

Actually that’s the problem… they ARE NOT SPAWNING ANYTHING. Caps just for you since you obviously didn’t read the 1st post :P .

So you found another bug, it’s not the first.

in Halloween Event

Sadisticwolf.5376

b) They can spawn stuff within a at least 900 radius (so a 1800 diameter) from any side of the door, so chance is you just missed the really thin 2d green light effect that goes to the point where the thing you got spawns

Everyone is assuming I don’t understand how the doors work … I have the ACHIEVEMENT for the doors, I get how they work. My problem is some of the doors worked day one but now 80% of them DO NOT WORK or don’t give halloween loot period.

c) since nothing else with halloween was broken as in bugged, but some stuff was exploitable thus the second “fix” patch).

Actually not true at all, there was bugged doors that spawned nothing and were just eyesores on the map since day one that never got fixed.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Paradox.5498

Paradox.5498

On the server I play on (Piken Square) the doors in Gendarran Fields worked fine last night, even the ones that were bugged the night before. Farmed doors for a large part of the evening and got several hundred loot bags. Obviously not everyone is experiencing the same problem. Did you check whether other ppl on your server had the same issue with the doors that did work?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

Yeah these doors make no sense to me. I only see them around Lion’s Arch (on maps I have already cleared and have no interest in playing on) and I’ve only seen a couple spawn mobs. The rest of them sit there for ages spawning nothing and being ignored by players. I bet most people have no idea what to do with them because they are bugged half the time.

I find GW2 frustrating a lot of the time because too often the solution to a problem is “it’s bugged” rather than I need to puzzle it out. Sometimes you will spend 30 minutes trying to figure out the “trick” to something when the reality is it’s just bugged.

I wish they would stop putting bugged stuff in the game. The small percentage of the time it does work doesn’t make up for the large amount of time it doesn’t work. It really feels like the game is getting worse with updates when they release more bugs and don’t fix the already existing ones.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Pictish.3410

Pictish.3410

Nah fissure of woe here, large number of doors stuck in the open position since last night, ankittenep having them disappear within seconds of a mob spawning and taking the mob with them mid fight.

in Halloween Event

Sadisticwolf.5376

Obviously not everyone is experiencing the same problem. Did you check whether other ppl on your server had the same issue with the doors that did work?

I am on Sorrow’s furnace and yes everyone in the zone I was in was experiencing this mapwide eyesore of a bug. As you can clearly see there are FOUR ( Edit: actually a 5th bugged door just barely outside of the screenshot ) bugged doors. These have been in these same spots for well over 4 hours ( Edit: actually 2 days ? ) w/o ANY activity….

Attachments:

in Halloween Event

Posted by: takatsu.9416

takatsu.9416

My server has been fine, been farming doors constantly. Some doors are bugged yes, some I’ve run up disappeared but that’s cuz it was rly far away and I’m assuming it’s been there for a while and I didn’t get to it on time. But most of the doors on my server has been working fine. Get tons of bags and mobs

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Paradox.5498

Paradox.5498

Nasty :-S On Piken Square all the doors on that exact same location worked fine last night. I read somewhere on this forum doors can be bugged on purpose by dropping cauldrons or mad king’s table thingies on the spawn point of the doors but I haven’t seen any confirmation that that’s right. If so this should get addressed as ppl often start costume brawling while waiting for new doors to spawn.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

I found 3 doors in Gendarren Fields last night that were spawning and working correctly. Had a group of about 4-7 of us at any given time running laps between them. However, at the same time, map chat channel was filled with people asking if/why the doors are broken/bugged. We spread the word about the 3 we were using, but that’s still pretty lame that only 3 in the whole map work right. Eventually, due to the monotany of running between 3 doors, I left.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Keiran.1896

Keiran.1896

One glitched door yesterday. Five now, and the first is still there.

Remind me, how much time did it take to fix the infinite door glitch?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Vzur.7123

Vzur.7123

I think the doors were broken in their urgent need to stop people who were farming too fast (aka “exploiting”) oh noes people are stockpiling candy corns! destroy the content, before its too late!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Guitarzero.8316

Guitarzero.8316

3 doors eh? That’s quite a grind there….

in Halloween Event

Posted by: MrDreadful.7014

MrDreadful.7014

I kept running into broken doors, as well. I’m not stockpiling candy or anything, jut really want my blasted door achievement.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Cerise.9045

Cerise.9045

This is the newest innovation in the MMO world courtesy of ArenaNet.

If you want Halloween event rewards, just ignore the event completely because you’ll never get them by participating! Instead you have to play the trading post or buy gems to make money to buy the rewards.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: NightShadow.1429

NightShadow.1429

The doors are NOT on a timer based on players around them, they are totally random spawn times that are completely their own. I’ve been with a group of 30 people and it hasn’t influenced how long to doors stay, not one iota.

@Cerise really? Another jab to the BLC… Not needed here and totally unrelated. These doors are bugged, and if you look at another thread titled “Bugged doors stuck open” (or something along those lines) you’ll notice a red posted that there is an incoming fix for them.

EDIT: As to the drops. If it was an event door, no loot bags come out and I’m assuming these doors will go towards the title in one of the coming acts. In the meantime it’s a nice karma and exp door. Loot does drop in the monsters but it’s random. Normally get 1-2 ToT bags from the corpses of Halloween monsters xD

“Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster,
and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

(edited by NightShadow.1429)

in Halloween Event

Sadisticwolf.5376

3 doors eh? That’s quite a grind there….

Hard to grind when 80%+ of the doors are broken. 3 doors on the whole zone I was in, is this what they meant by this game won’t be a grind lol? You obviously didn’t read the 1st post tho so w/e .

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Endofwords.6790

Endofwords.6790

doors working fine for me

Devona’s Rest
Ororodos-80 Mesmer- RED