Halloween Event Feedback

Halloween Event Feedback

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Rhone.2649

Rhone.2649

This thread is for collecting feedback on your experiences with the Halloween event. Feel free to post what you like/dislike about the event. Please keep it clean and constructive.

I, for one, greatly enjoyed the event but I initially found it very confusing. I had no idea where to go, what to do, or what kind of rewards were available to me. Now, some google searching and wiki reading eventually pointed me in the right direction, but I think Anet could do a much better job of informing the player within the game.

I also think that the seasonal/event exotics should be split into two groups: those you can craft, and those you can only obtain through event drops.

All in all, great job Anet! This has been the best seasonal content I have ever experienced in an MMO. Keep up the good work!

Halloween Event Feedback

in Halloween Event

Posted by: papryk.6273

papryk.6273

Caps Lock was a must in the title?

Halloween Event Feedback

in Halloween Event

Posted by: iCryptik.1496

iCryptik.1496

There are already multiple threads regarding various feedback about different Halloween events.

Alshazzär
Tarnished Coast [TC]

Halloween Event Feedback

in Halloween Event

Posted by: CC Eva.6742

CC Eva.6742

Community Coordinator

Corrected. No, they are not a must and should not be a must in these forums.

Halloween Event Feedback

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Erik Navkire.1603

Erik Navkire.1603

I absolutely loved the event. It really motivated me to delve into all the different things that the event had to offer. I had great fun playing the PvP games, I went through an intense 3-hour battle with the Clocktower and experiencing a strong sense of victory when I completed it, I loved the decorations and the Mad King himself (who sounded like Bane) and the mini-dungeon was loads of fun as well. Oh and let’s not forget the mad dash through Tyria to solve all the riddles. I don’t think there’s a single thing I didn’t like about the Halloween event and I hope that they’ll keep doing events like this for all major holidays.

My main problem is, and I really hope that you’re working on this ArenaNet, is that some people, including myself, are stuck on 3/5 to the way of the Emissary of the Mad King achievement. We’ve completed all the achievements except for ‘Attend the Party’, but we’re still not on 4/5 as we should be. Please look into this, the title is just too awesome!

Halloween Event Feedback

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Nox Aeterna.2965

Nox Aeterna.2965

My feedback is:

Things Anet SHOULD change:
1) RNG on chests
It is ok to have that for endless stuff , but for simple event skins was too much. People would still pay for the items at a fixed price and it would have made a lot less “paying” customers mad. I know im not buying gems till this change.

2)Test it more
Both act 1 and 2 came with major exploits , MAJOR exploits , i think Anet need to test the game more before each patch.

Things Anet COULD change to make more players happy:
1) The CT
While i had a blast in there (46 completions atm) , i think Anet should have called it a jump challenge and not a JP , many players were mad over this, and i think Anet should not add such hard event, to a holyday.
Instead Anet should have add at least 2/3 places like the CT to the game 100% of the time , i would love that.
2) Change the time of the events
While i think the MK was a great part of the event i wish Anet had places we could farm the halloween skins implemented before. And yes i know they did with the lab chests , but people just exploited that and they had to lock it.

This is my feedback , good event , but can get better.

Gear Grind: Confirmed – Searching New MMO: Found – Changing MMO: Waiting Launch

(edited by Nox Aeterna.2965)

Halloween Event Feedback

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Coin Flunk.3024

Coin Flunk.3024

Loved it! It was designed so that you could do them with friends, and i did. =)

Halloween Event Feedback

in Halloween Event

Posted by: MorienWynter.4971

MorienWynter.4971

I loved the clock tower to death, no matter what people say here.

Halloween Event Feedback

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Esya.3427

Esya.3427

I loved it but would also like to leave a bit of criticism.

To have weapons being able to be crafted for expensive materials and then later have them drop from a chest and on TP for the cost way below the crafting price is a sure way to make someone angry who crafted the weapon (not me personally, I was still in the process of collecting the mats). I do like that weapons and items are available to the majority of the playerbase, but to change the drop rules of items during an event without information about it does not only good but also harm. Either stick with a way of getting items into the game throughout the event or provide information so people can make an informed choice.

Other then that I really loved the event and was really surprised by how much content was developed for it. I hope you can live up to my expactation for the next event!

Halloween Event Feedback

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Rhone.2649

Rhone.2649

My apologies about the all caps title. I should have known better. Lesson learned.

Also wanted to say that I wish the event could have lasted longer. At least another weekend. Those of us with precious little time to play end up missing out due to life and busy schedules.

Halloween Event Feedback

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I loved the actual activities but I don’t like the way everything is parcelled out so we’re only given a few week days to do some things.

As I’ve just been explaining in another thread I (like many people I suspect) only have a few hours I can play on week nights and if I want to do anything else that isn’t a normal part of my day, like spending time with real life friends or seeing a movie or whatever it means I don’t get to play that day. Trying to find/make time to do everything during the relatively short periods allowed has been quite difficult. Contrast that with GW1 where I was able to do everything except the finale during one weekend when I could actually sit down and devote time to it and it seems strange that they’ve opted to make things more difficult.

Also the clock tower has been so bugged I’ve been unable to actually attempt it. I still don’t know if the problem is on my end or Anet’s but every time I try I see the cinematic and then just see all the characters stood on the roof of building you start in, then being dropped into water several times, then stuck on the starting cog unable to move, then I’m back in the lobby waiting for another round of the same thing.

It’s been really dissapointing because the jump puzzle was the one thing I was really looking forward to and I haven’t even been able to try it.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Halloween Event Feedback

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Fayte.1803

Fayte.1803

Honestly? The event didn’t really phase me either way, I still spent most of my time at Cursed Shore, I can easily farm 15-20 exotics with the time it would take to run the Mad King dungeon 10-15 times with only getting junk as my reward. Though I will admit the candy nodes were kinda annoying, it would have been nice to only have them in lower leveled area’s or something since I rather come across a rich mythril node then a candy one :/. But it was still an amusing distraction for the time, I really couldn’t care less about achievements, its all about blinging out your character heh.

Halloween Event Feedback

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Smartbean.5960

Smartbean.5960

The Halloween event was very enjoyable for me. Pumpkin Carving, Candy Corn farming, fighting mobs that come out of the doors, chasing the ghosts and story of the Mad King, Mad King’s Labrynth, Reapers Rumble, Mad King’s Clock Tower, Ascent to Madness dungeon… Well done Arenanet on such a good event!

The last one though, the Ascent to Madness dungeon brought the best feature so far…the extra zoom out range that stuck after you had entered the dungeon and came back out again (whether you finished it or not). It was a bit of a let down to learn that this was only a bug, but numoures people spoke about this on the forums already pleaing to keep this zoom out feature.

Up to now, Arenanet has not commented on whether this zoom out distance is to be even considered to be implemented permanently as a feature/option. I created a question thread in the General Discussion section of this forum, hoping that Arenanet will make a statement regarding the zoom out distance feature/option, whether it’s positive or negative. Link to the question thread: Ascent to Madness (MK Dungeon) Zoom out implementation

Halloween Event Feedback

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Thebacklash.8396

Thebacklash.8396

I loved the clock tower to death, no matter what people say here.

Outside wanting a Title for completing it, I loved every aspect of the puzzle.

Pumpkin carving… meh.

candy corn mining, IMO don’t put it in the WvW areas.. everywhere else was fine.

Puzzle, LOVE it!

Mad King fight, except for him teleporting UP after we all were on bottom level… it was fun.

hour to go for part 4!
Time to Farm Puzzle a little more
(On my Charr)

“People who say it cannot be done, should not interrupt those who are doing it.”

Halloween Event Feedback

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Intigo.1653

Intigo.1653

The Clocktower was amazing. Anyone complaining about it is clearly not aware that they don’t need to finish every single thing in the game.

It also wasn’t that hard.

80 Asura Elementalist – [Red Guard]
http://www.youtube.com/user/IntigoGW2

Halloween Event Feedback

in Halloween Event

Posted by: thelastradio.4769

thelastradio.4769

I loved “Shadow of the Mad King”! The way it played out in the various acts was cool, I must say I was so surprised by how awesome the 2nd and 3rd act were. The 1st was slightly “tame” for me, so I was blown away at the cool stuff that came after!

I think Lunatic Inquisition is my favourite new thing to play – I hope they make more pvp maps using similar game play in future events – I feel like the possibilities for that are endless

Be that as it may, there are two things that bothered me, but nothing that I haven’t already gotten over, of course :

- Methods of obtaining skins and collectibles
Personally, I’d prefer being able to buy something amazing like a skin with the currency used in the event, even if it’s expensive (meaning you might only be able to get 1 or 2 cool things instead of getting them all). Basically, you’d need to put in a lot of time doing the activities in order to be rewarded with the currency and then save up for whatever you want from a vendor. I understand some people enjoy having to craft them – but it’s not for everybody! Just felt like a really huge mission to get all the ingredients – so I didn’t bother. Maybe recipes for even cooler things could be added so crafters can also get their fix. I don’t know, something to that effect – just my opinion. I did enjoy obtaining the “Mad Memoires: Complete Edition” back-piece though! ’least I got something to show from Halloween

- The Clocktower Jumping Puzzle
I think it was a very nice idea, and I’m not even complaining about how hard it is (I did not complete it and don’t plan to). I just wish there wasn’t a waiting period between tries. I really do like jumping activities a lot, but I don’t like having to wait to try again after I fail dismally. So I wish that was different… I don’t think I have the patience to try to complete it before it’s removed from the game.

In any case, if this is the standard we can expect for World Events in this game and future content updates, I’m really excited – I don’t think the other MMOs who do this kind of thing will be able to keep up

Many thanks to ArenaNet for all the hard work, effort and detail they put into this event – it was awesome! <3

Halloween Event Feedback

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

A great job on most everything.

The one thing I would change; if they do something similar with the BL chests again, they need to add diminishing and amplifying returns to them. For example, say the chest only has a 0.75% drop rate for the limited edition holiday items. For each chest you open that does not contain one of those items, your chance of receiving them goes up by 0.15+(0.5*chests opened), then when you receive one it all resets back to the 1%. That way people that actually invest will be rewarded instead of punished. I got everything I wanted from the chests, but most people weren’t so lucky, and many lost faith in ANet and their desire to invest in the future of the game.

Additionally, with the crafted items, there needs to be a scale. Not every crafted item has to be legendary status, there should be level 100, 200, and 300 holiday items to craft. Even if there is some lesser effort and detail put in to them, most people would prefer some mid-tier things that are attainable by your average Joe instead of exclusively top-tier items out of reach to all but the most hardcore crafters.

(edited by Conncept.7638)

Halloween Event Feedback

in Halloween Event

Posted by: MrDreadful.7014

MrDreadful.7014

The only thing I would have changed about the Clocktower would be to add just a little bit of time (5 seconds) before the green mist reaches the treasure chest drop down.

I’ve enjoyed everything so far and I can’t wait til I get home so i can go out to the party!

Halloween Event Feedback

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Debsylvania.7396

Debsylvania.7396

I had a lot of fun, but felt pressured for time since I can only play in the evenings, and not every evening at that. There just seemed like a lot of stuff to do alongside finishing the monthly achievement too. Letting the event run another week would have been nice.

Deb ~The Chewbacca Defense [TCD];
Waiting For Death [WFD]
@ Borlis Pass Server

Halloween Event Feedback

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Rainbow Sprint.3215

Rainbow Sprint.3215

Some of the clues in the second part of the book quest as so vague, while others told you exactly where to go with no real thinking involved.

The clock tower while hard, was fun in a way. I like the idea of a timed jumping puzzle.

The Lunatic Inquisition minigame is so fun and i’m very sad it’s going away after halloween. If there is anything I want to keep from halloween, it’s that minigame.

Halloween Event Feedback

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Reihert.1509

Reihert.1509

Loved it and I was impressed at how much effort they put in this event.

Decoration going over the board was something I saw in rift, but you guys took it to a new level.

Now havin 3 minigames and interesting events all ove Tyria was something to take my hat off.

Thank you and good job.

Halloween Event Feedback

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Spartan.6587

Spartan.6587

i LOVE the Halloween event! especially the jumping puzzle…i did it on my 10th try though lol…hope Anet will make a bigger event for christmas and new year..=D

Halloween Event Feedback

in Halloween Event

Posted by: synk.6907

synk.6907

The events were pretty enjoyable. I certainly participated here in GW2 more than I did in GW1, where I usually only logged in to get the festival hat or see if I liked that year’s costume.

Speaking of the costumes, I would prefer a costume system like in GW1 where it unlocks for any character on your account. I still haven’t gone through with a purchase because I don’t think I want to spend the money on just one character / have to swap around one costume / have to get multiple copies if I want it on more than one character.

----

In any case, the various aspects of the Acts have been a lot of fun, in my opinion.
- The labyrinth is great. I like being able to walk in there, zerg mobs with a bunch of people, joke around, and fight champions and giant candy-corn elementals (those jerks, they used to follow me around Kryta and help out!).
- The clock tower was a blast. From the various falls as I failed through the first time I crashed through to the top and onward to additional completions, I’ve liked it. But I was already happy to learn that jumping around in the world, something I do anyway, was made into a gameplay element, so I may be biased toward liking jumping puzzles. I, for one, loved that it was done with other players around and not in a solo instance. The joking around and good-natured complaining helped ease any frustrations and made the wait between attempts more enjoyable.
- The Reapers thing was neat, gathering pumpkins and helping skeletons beat the other side. Fun, playful PvP is nice, especially since my Guild Wars PvP career has been pretty minimal across both games. I look forward to seeing what else we get (roller beetle racing returns?).
- The Mad King popping out of the fountain was cool. I was wondering what was going to happen with the paranormal activity readings in LA. Fighting him isn’t too bad, though it gets kind of grindy after you do it several times. I hope we still get to hear his dumb jokes and have him kill everyone who fails to laugh, etc. in Lion’s Arch during Act IV...
- The scavenger hunt was neat. I liked that the Act II part actually had some more action before just talking to the NPCs involved. I appreciate the back slot upgrade! The negative here is being on a lower-level character; for a few of my alts, I was dependent on other players also gathering the pieces as I couldn’t even scratch some of the enemy mobs. But playing with others during this event is half of the reason why it’s been fun!

-----

I’ve never been a fan of random luck lockboxes in games, but I also did not spend any money on that, so clearly it wasn’t an issue for me. I am glad that there were other things available and that these were just one small part of all that was offered. And that there are ways to get the special skins thanks to players being able to offer them for sale to one another.

---

While Act IV hasn’t quite come yet, I am worried that our inability to play musical instruments (/guitar, /drums, /violin, /flute) or play rock-paper-scissors has diminished our Mad King Thorn experience!

edited to add more detail and some formatting

(edited by synk.6907)

Halloween Event Feedback

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Musty.3148

Musty.3148

Loved it, but I’ll tell you. If it wasn’t for Dulfy and the guides I’da been lost. I didn’t really like the inability for me to figure out the clues. Maybe it’s just me.

80 Elementalist/80 Mesmer/80 Guardian/80 Thief
Now Musty Britches since someone decided Shortbus Rider was offensive… [LoS] [NSP]

Halloween Event Feedback

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Minibiskit.6158

Minibiskit.6158

Best halloween event I’ve experienced in any MMO. It’s not even a contest really.

Halloween Event Feedback

in Halloween Event

Posted by: GhostDF.2610

GhostDF.2610

I like the event so far, but I do not love it – it has some cool stuff like the jumping puzzle (which I loved despite the reward – shoes? really??) and the mad king dungeon. I completed the battle with Mad King with only me and my friend – it was fun. Decorations in LA are some of the best I’ve seen so far.

My biggest problem however, is with the fact that too many things are random and because of that – too hard to get, too expensive etc. 40G for a GS skin is too much, every weapon or skin requires heavy grind/farm. These are event stuff – they should be fairly easy to get, fun not work! I’m not even mentioning the fact that I spent about 1000 gems (bought with real money) plus some gems bought for gold on keys to open BL chests and all I got was a big fat pile of nothing (no I do not care that I got a tonic and I can turn into a candy corn monster for 15 minutes – what am I, a three year old or smething?) The event is ok, but it could have been done better.

Halloween Event Feedback

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Morrar.1764

Morrar.1764

My opinion on Halloween:

Artwork / scenery
Loved the artwork and the way ANet transformed Lion’s Arch. Reaper’s Rumble looked great too. The Labyrinth was somewhat boring in my opinion. Would have loved to see the other cities transformed too, but I guess that would have taken too much time (especially so shortly after release).

Mad King encounter:
The encounter was rather easy, but great fun. I think the Mad King Says could be ignored a bit too easily. Other than that, I liked the King’s skills (scarecrow’s and exploding pumpkins) and the jumping elements in the dungeon. Nice voice-acting too!

PVP-games:
I liked Reaper’s Rumble, but maybe the matches were a bit on the short side. Couldn’t really figure out Lunatic Inquisition myself, but I heard others had a blast doing it. I think both games were pretty good and were received very well.

Clock tower:
I really liked the challenge. Yes there were frustrating moments. Yes there were big Charr and Norn blocking my view (I also ran it with a Charr and Norn myself btw). But overall, I really enjoyed the challenge. Shame it only resulted in Slippers though and there was no incentive to run it again.

Ghost hunts:
I think these could have been kind of fun. However, I kind of spoiled it for myself by checking out a guide (didn’t have much time to play). At least it provided a bit of background story-telling to the event, which is nice.

Achievements:
Both the achievements to eat candy corn and carve pumpkins were rather boring. I guess a game needs such grindy achievements, but I got little fun out of them

Rewards / items:
I guess this was my biggest gripe with the event; the rewards were way too random. I didn’t buy keys, but gambling with the BLTC chest was totally unfun. Mad King’s Chests solved some of it, but it left a bad taste.

Same goes for the Halloween Weapons; I stockpiled the rare crafting materials, only to find out a little later that it was pointless… It was much cheaper to get the recipe from the TP. Heck, even the weapons were cheap on the TP. This was quite a disappointment.

I think ANet really dropped the ball in this department and I hope they improve the rewards for the next event… Far, far less RNG and please reward people’s hard work more.

Overall:
The event was good and I enjoyed it. Biggest issue for me was the randomness of the reward system. Other than that, I hope ANet keeps up the good work with these holiday events!

(edited by Morrar.1764)

Halloween Event Feedback

in Halloween Event

Posted by: GiftoftheMagi.3470

GiftoftheMagi.3470

Interesting how many posters who say they liked the clock tower had to add in bits like ‘despite what other people say’.

And yes I’m one of them…sort of. The event was ok, with some nice touches like the pumpkin carving. But the Clock Tower…yeah, you’re going to notice the only people who enjoyed it were the ones who finished it, usually multiple time and likely with either a Norn or Charr. Unfortunately, they are not in the majority.

Personally, I don’t mind the difficulty…but it doesn’t need to be a group instance. The reward really doesn’t make up for the HOURS you have to put in to do it just once, especially on a limited-time event like this. Next time, make it a solo instance with a 15-second respawn timer….and make the loot a random pick from a list, which cannot be dropped again. THAT could add incentive to try again. Also…seriously…don’t put exotics in limited time events. Some of us have lives and things to do on holidays, eh? Don’t make me regret having this game when I should be enjoying myself.

Halloween Event Feedback

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Mays.5839

Mays.5839

It was amazing, but in the build up to Halloween we got more things to do than Halloween itself..

Halloween Event Feedback

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Miku Lawrence.6329

Miku Lawrence.6329

I’ll give my feedback when halloween themed items prices will skyrock.

Snow Crows [SC]

Halloween Event Feedback

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Jesseroo.8247

Jesseroo.8247

have to say I’ve loved it up until this last part…to me I would have rather this been part 3 and part 3 be part 4…it seems like a step down to go from killing him to just doing mad king says with no reward (for repeats).

Halloween Event Feedback

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Cubivore.9410

Cubivore.9410

I liked the event. Maybe not as much as any of the GW1 events, but it was still fun. No need to list the things I like, because it’s obviously everything I don’t write here. So I’ll just quickly list my criticisms.

1) The labyrinth was utterly boring in my opinion. If I wanted to run around and kill mobs I could do that in the regular game content. The novelty of killing plastic spiders, candy corn elementals and glow in the dark skeletons wore off for me on day 2.

2) Pumpkin carving was nice, but I found it quite hard to find enough pumpkins to complete the achievement without farming the labyrinth. The problem mainly residing in criticism 1.

3) This is my biggest complaint: The mad king’s clocktower. I love jump puzzles. I’m known in my guild and the circles that I run in to be the biggest jump puzzle nut of us all. Now, I complain not necesarilly about the difficulty.. But the way it was implemented into the game. I tried for hours on end to jump, only to fail because some fat charr and/or norn got in my way making me unable to see my character or where I would land. I even found some of the charr players trolling the CT. They completed it several times already(which is fine; by all means do it as many times as you like), but they stayed there purely for the reason of griefing other players by blocking their view. This is supported by their chat, not just based on my personal opinion. Also, there are problem players that think using speed boosts that affect all nearby players is a good idea. Okay, if it helps you then use it, but it does not help me. In fact, I think it makes things more difficult because I do so many jump puzzles without speed boosts and I am used to the distance my character will jump. And lastly, I felt that it was quite bugged. There were many times where I would be standing still waiting for the side of the tower to break so everyone couold continue.; And while waiting for no reason I would be grabbed by hands(without the green mist near anyone) and taken back to the lobby. This also occured when I was running around, nowhere near an edge or a jump and taken back to the start(Yet again, no green mist close to me).

Now here are a few things as food for thought on how to remedy said CT situations:

A. Give the puzzle an optional solo instance, or an instance you can bring a party into. This would fix not only those griefers and flat out annoying players(Sorry norn and charr I know a lot of you are legitimately doing the puzzle, but it doesn’t change the fact that the rest of us can’t see). For those players that get a bit laggy at times it fixes their issue(I have great connection, but I’ll stick up for you minorities).

B. Create seperate lobbies for players who have completed the puzzle already and players who have yet to finish the puzzle. Although I think the former fix would be better, I think that this would be embraced by Anet much more quickly. This one would at least put my mind at ease that the norn blocking my view is probably legitamitely trying thus keeping some of the would-be problem players out.

There is nothing I can say on my end about the bugs. I’m not a programmer. So i leave that bit up to you.

I’m sure I’m not the only one who feels this way, and I mean no offense to charr and norn players. So all of you racial defenders, please try to avoid tearing me to bits.

Halloween Event Feedback

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Groonz.7825

Groonz.7825

The finale didn’t feel that spectacular. It was quite bland. I was hoping something more amazing, like he summons 5 champion giants or something just to slaughter everyone. But it was a simply mad king says (which we kind already did in the mini dungeon) and that was about it.

Halloween Event Feedback

in Halloween Event

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

Really enjoyed all the events, really hated my RNG. 14 hours back to back runs of Ascension into Madness with not much to show for it literally drove me mad, was really hoping for a halloween weapon or at least a skinable. Love the new skins btw.

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

Halloween Event Feedback

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Crzwaco.2398

Crzwaco.2398

The hat was a nice touch but all my characters become bald when wearing it.
Clock tower was fun but would have liked to try it on my own.

The doors where awesome idea just wish the surrounding was a bit darker even tough its day also more talk about the doors and the mad king.

Halloween Event Feedback

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Might.3104

Might.3104

Thank you ArenaNET for awesome event. I hope that for Christmas will be also so good.

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/173/gw044d.jpg

Halloween Event Feedback

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Cubivore.9410

Cubivore.9410

My opinion on Halloween:

Artwork / scenery
Loved the artwork and the way ANet transformed Lion’s Arch. Reaper’s Rumble looked great too. The Labyrinth was somewhat boring in my opinion. Would have loved to see the other cities transformed too, but I guess that would have taken too much time (especially so shortly after release).

Yes, I think in future releases it would be great to see through the eyes of the other races on how they view the holidays. Like for christmas, hearing Asuras trying to calculate the amount of jolliness in the atmosphere, or seeing the Grove tinseled and ornamented up. Maybe even decorate the pale tree! I think something like that would be neat.

Halloween Event Feedback

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Panda Shepard.1248

Panda Shepard.1248

Definitely the best Halloween I’ve ever seen in an mmo. Nothing I’ve seen comes even remotely close. I was impressed with how seamless the acts went off. Very impressed.

The decorations were so far above anything I’ve seen. Most games I’ve played just throw out some pumpkins and call it a day. Just amazing. Awesome atmosphere. I loved the little trick or treaters.

The minigames were awesome and so was the clocktower. I loved the challenge.

My only concern is that it was a little confusing to know everything there was to do. I didn’t want to miss anything.

I would also like more costumes. Many more costumes!

Halloween Event Feedback

in Halloween Event

Posted by: synk.6907

synk.6907

OK Act IV with Mad King is pretty great. The doors, the fact that we still get to play Mad King Says despite less emotes, and his stupid puns are great.

I miss him playing Rock-paper-scissors, but meh. Thanks for keeping Guild Wars Halloween going strong, ArenaNet.

Halloween Event Feedback

in Halloween Event

Posted by: roadrunner.8920

roadrunner.8920

Loved it! I really enjoyed clocktower. Played that to death.

Also enjoyed collecting all the halloween items!

I miss “Mad King says..” though from guild wars 1. Hopefully that’s in the final act.

Halloween Event Feedback

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Moriganis.9271

Moriganis.9271

I really enjoyed it and my favourite part is the clock tower – I played it so many times and didn’t get bored.

The other great moment was getting the endless halloween tonic

Halloween Event Feedback

in Halloween Event

Posted by: aliquis.9180

aliquis.9180

I loved the event overall. Some parts were not for me, but I’m ok with that. My favorite part: the witch costume.

The one thing I hated and I’m quite angry about is the MK dungeon. To make an activity with forced grouping and forced jumping, both of which some people can’t or don’t want to do, already sucks. And then to make that activity the ONLY activity where all the good loot is available AND the only activity that’s farmable is just disgusting.

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”
-Mike Obrien, President of Arenanet

Halloween Event Feedback

in Halloween Event

Posted by: soulwblood.1529

soulwblood.1529

I enjoyed the event very very much. It was very well implemented using the dynamic event system, something tat I suppose might’ve been a challenge But I also have some critiques:

1. Activities should have a better way to let players in a party join the same game (and team, if possible). I really wanted to enjoy the activities with friends but couldn’t because we would always join different games.

2. The Mad King dungeon had some connection and party management issues. I’m hoping this was a first time and a great way to test this kind of one time events and I’m looking forward to a more swift launch of one time events like this next time

Everyone keeps saying the clock tower was too hard. But completing the clocktower was simply an achievement, it’s supposed to be a challenge. I don’t even think it counted for the title, making it completely optional.

Halloween Event Feedback

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Zya.5971

Zya.5971

Wow!!! So much fun! I just finished Act 4 Mad King Says mini event and I wanted to let the krewe at Anet know how WONDERFUL it was. I enjoyed it so much; I think it was the highlight of my GW2 experience! I played GW1 for 3 years, so I had some lofty Halloween expectations, and so much has deviated from the GW1 experience that I was kind of cynical coming into Act 4, but I have never been so glad to be so utterly wrong in all my life. lol

As always it was a joy to watch my fellow players die when they failed at emoting, the costume brawl at the end was hilarious (especially when people realized their was a chest and were attempting to reach it through the brawlers lol), touring the town with the Mad King was great fun (some pretty creative jokes in there!), and the ‘Free Candy’ door totally pwned me. HAHA It was a blast, I have loved it, and was overjoyed at the return of the witch’s event hat!

Wonderful job, to the entire team. You guys are freaking incredible! I love you!!! Best Holiday event in any MMO I have ever played! Well done!!!

P.S. I would also like to add, the Clock Tower ruled! Most frustrating yet rewarding jumping puzzle I have ever had the pleasure to crack. Superb!

(edited by Zya.5971)

Halloween Event Feedback

in Halloween Event

Posted by: kellian.9712

kellian.9712

The Halloween events were, for the most part, pretty good. I enjoyed the way Lion’s arch looked, the dynamic events and doors were unique to GW and pretty well done.

As some others have said one of my only complaints would be the clock tower. I tried it and it turned from fun to frustration. Won’t affect me that I won’t complete it, wasn’t planning on having the time to do all the Halloween stuff anyway, but this certainly could have been improved.

Now, I understand the need for difficulty and that’s fine, but when you can’t see your character around the larger character models (IE Charr & Norn), it boosts the difficulty up more than it should, and in some cases makes it impossible depending on the group configuration.

I would only suggest an option to either do it alone, set a smaller cap on the amount of people doing it at one time, or separate the larger character models or make everyone the same size when they do it. When you’re trying the clock tower and you have 3-4 Norn/Charr characters running with you as a Human, you can’t even see where you are and it becomes a guessing game. Your other option is just to keep switching instances until you find a “group” that has minimal amount of large character models or if you’re really lucky none.

Aside from that, I enjoyed the events from the scavenger hunt on down…overall pretty well done.

Halloween Event Feedback

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Ekleipsis.4820

Ekleipsis.4820

I am greatly enjoying myself. Though after ~2k? personalized Trick or Treat bags, I wish I could have picked up the endless tonic by now, rather than multiples of the little tonics. My favourite is the Haunted Doors, aesthetics and idea. Also, I think Mad King and the Spooky Ghost is really cute.

I don’t really celebrate Halloween, but thank you ArenaNet, for the wonderful experience.

Halloween Event Feedback

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Ambika.6257

Ambika.6257

I thought the idea in act one could have been explained a little better with regards to the meter. It didn’t quite make sense, or the meter wouldn’t equip after you ate the candycorn. The timer on the meter said 59m left but really should say something like 5 uses left. Other than that, I enjoyed figuring out where stuff was and getting an awesome book in the end (except for the fact that you can’t put any relevant upgrades in it).

Mad King Realm was enjoyable overall. CT is fine as it is, except that I think it would be better as a solo event. Momentum is lost due to wait times between tries, but I realize this is all subject to opinion as there is A LOT of talk on this subject.

And finally, I’ll be honest, the final act was rather disappointing. I was expecting this climax to everything and it was just Mad King Says. No Rock/Paper/Scissors. Heck, not even tot bags for getting an emote right. So yes, slightly nostalgic, but extremely underwhelming ending. I’m not sure if that was planned but overall, but it doesn’t really make me want to stick around on halloween. The chest, especially after no tot bags or anything was just sad.

Anti-climatic ending to an otherwise great week worth of events.

Halloween Event Feedback

in Halloween Event

Posted by: MorienWynter.4971

MorienWynter.4971

When you’re trying the clock tower and you have 3-4 Norn/Charr characters running with you as a Human, you can’t even see where you are and it becomes a guessing game.

I’m an Asura and yes it definitely was hard seeing through the norns with shoulderpads, but here’s a trick.. Jump right after the explosion, don’t wait for the cog to land.. Gives you a head start over majority of players.

Halloween Event Feedback

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Marrgon.6852

Marrgon.6852

Mad King Instance – GREAT FUN, please let us do this again next year. The jumping, falling, fearing and farming was amazing!

Halloween Event Feedback

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Jure Simich.6154

Jure Simich.6154

I enjoyed the event. Certainly it offered more than I was expecting given the GW1 experience.

I especially loved the mad king dungeon. Short, fun, impressive AND open to everyone. Just like content should be.

I must stress, however, that there were two areas which I disapprove of:
-the fact that some of the best content was locked to the randomness of the BLC chest. I disapprove of gambling for money in this way. I would be much happier if those skins were available directly form the BLC gem shop.
-the Clocktower. After trying for hours, I just had to accept that I’m simply too slow to get it done. Since the developper openly admitted that it was meant for only 5% of the playerbase, I must say I do not like the idea of content being made so exclusive. Also, I really didn’t expect GW2 to be a platformer game.

Lastly, given that we have once more observed that no matter the preparation, one time events crash the servers, I would suggest future content avoid one time events of this type. Spread the content around, lessen the desire of people to be there all at the same time.

But, let’s not forget: GOOD WORK ALL AROUND!