Halloween Event Help

Halloween Event Help

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Cammey.5470

Cammey.5470

Im not sure i am understanding this event or how it works. Can someone explain it better for me or direct to me where to find what to do? I been collecting candy corn is that all i need to be doing?

Halloween Event Help

in Halloween Event

Posted by: MrDreadful.7014

MrDreadful.7014

In all of the major cities there’s a gate to Lion’s Arc. head through that and run to the person with the pumpkin over their head and they’ll set you on the right path. Along the way, find trick or treat bags, pumpkins to carve and haunted doors to knock on.

Halloween Event Help

in Halloween Event

Cammey.5470

I talked to that person last night but did not read it opps. Guess i should try that. Thanks!

Halloween Event Help

in Halloween Event

MrDreadful.7014

And keep an eye open for mail!

Halloween Event Help

in Halloween Event

Posted by: takatsu.9416

takatsu.9416

If you’re still struggling use: http://dulfy.net/2012/10/23/shadow-of-the-mad-king-scavenger-hunt-guide/ to cheat :P

Halloween Event Help

in Halloween Event

Cammey.5470

Will do. Thanks. So gather candy corn the thing to be doing though i guess still is my question? I can’t talk to that guy until tonight when i get home.

Halloween Event Help

in Halloween Event

Posted by: NinjaKnight.1340

NinjaKnight.1340

Yeah Lions Arch is where most of the stuff is. I’m still trying to figure it out but the brawl is a blast even though you don’t get anything but achievement points.

To do the brawl (which you can do anywhere non-battle if you see a witches cauldron and drink the brew to turn into an animal), or buy a brawl enabled Halloween outfit from the Gem store. In Lions arch you can also join the brawl by doing the jumping puzzle next to the mystic forge.

The other event is pumpkin carving which you do by talking to an NPC then after that carve as many pumpkins as you can find anywhere in the world. Not sure what reward that will end up giving.

Halloween Event Help

in Halloween Event

Cammey.5470

That links helps a lot thanks!

Halloween Event Help

in Halloween Event

Cammey.5470

What does that book give you?

Halloween Event Help

in Halloween Event

Posted by: RileyTheRad.8542

RileyTheRad.8542

What does that book give you?

It’s a back-slot item. It basically makes it look like you have a cool, creepy old book tied to your back, it’s really nifty.

The stats are actually really low on it, but the flavor text states that it feels “incomplete.” I’m guessing with each stage of the event we’ll have a few more steps to the process which will upgrade the stats from there.

Hoopa doopa.

Halloween Event Help

in Halloween Event

Cammey.5470

What about for the other items i been hearing about? Like cool weapons and chests?

Halloween Event Help

in Halloween Event

MrDreadful.7014

There’s a chance to get skins from the Black Lion Chests and you can use the items form the ToT bags to craft things.

Halloween Event Help

in Halloween Event

Cammey.5470

How do you get the keys? Is there a way other then buying them?

Halloween Event Help

in Halloween Event

Posted by: TigerDragon.4037

TigerDragon.4037

Keys are sometimes given as a reward (rare) from map completion. They are also given as a reward for certain stages of your personal story. I haven’t seen keys drop off of mobs or be obtained in any other non-gem-store related way than the two I just mentioned since launch, but they used to drop off of mobs (very rare) in the betas.

Sinking ships in WvW on SBI with pride.
Plastered Tyrian Sea Devils [PTSD]
Agadar.4931: A bad mesmer still poops clones like no tomorrow.

Halloween Event Help

in Halloween Event

Posted by: munkiman.3068

munkiman.3068

You get them in a few personal story parts and randomly from both drops (very rare) and area completion.

[TAO] Founder/Owner and Administrator for the NSP Server Website

Halloween Event Help

in Halloween Event

Posted by: takatsu.9416

takatsu.9416

for more complicated stuff the patch includes new jumping puzzles in fireheart rise, mount maelstrom and dredgehaunt cliffs. As well i hear there are new events there as well as this skritt burglar? i haven’t had a chance to get to those yet

and BLC are fun when you get them for free, other than that, don’t be like others and go gamble your money for something lol if you’re dying for rare halloween items and skins youre better off buying it from TP for a lot of gold which you can make for free.

Halloween Event Help

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

What exactly is with the jumping puzzle around teh cauldron? Am I supposed to just jump in? Is that it?

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Halloween Event Help

in Halloween Event

MrDreadful.7014

What exactly is with the jumping puzzle around teh cauldron? Am I supposed to just jump in? Is that it?

Yes, when you jump in you turn into some sort of ghastly monster and can participate in the costume brawl! I got a mummy.

Halloween Event Help

in Halloween Event

Posted by: stpetemermaid.5947

stpetemermaid.5947

You should also eat the Candy Corn! Achievement is tracked for eating 150 of them.

Halloween Event Help

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

Ugh, thats a lot of candy. Don’t think I’ll eat em tho, I’d rather save em for crafting the new weapons.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)