Halloween Phase 4 Heads Up

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Mistress Elemental.3750

Mistress Elemental.3750

What was the point to removing the Mad King fight? It was the only thing I was enjoying during the event. I thought I had more time to play it. I would not have stopped if I had known this ahead of time.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: AnthonyOrdon

Previous

AnthonyOrdon

Game Designer

All doors are permanently open now, how am I supposed to trigger the events for the halloween event achievement?…

Same problem here. I only ever got the one in Queensdale to open the doors, now nothing is triggering.
Any advice on this?

There are still haunted doors that spawn events instead of portals. Look around for doors that do not have markers on them. There are also some events in the Mad King Labyrinth.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Any idea when the event is going to end yet?

I’ve been trying for 2 hours to log on, I’m not sure if the problem is with my internet or the server or both but I can’t get to LA.

In another hour and a half I need to go to bed and then I won’t be able to try again until at least 7pm GMT tomorrow. If I’ve understood correctly the event is due to be over by then, but then I’ve also heard that it might be extended because so many people (mainly the entire east coast of the USA) aren’t able to get online in time.

Has there been any official word on this yet?

Edit: Ok It’s definately just trying to get to LA that’s the problem. I can play all my other characters in other areas but any time I try to get to LA I’m stuck on the loading screen.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

(edited by Danikat.8537)

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Eructathus.3975

Eructathus.3975

Talk about anti-climatic. I feel anet should have stated within the in-game Halloween Guides that were mailed to us that the dungeon would have been closed on the actual day of Halloween. All I had left was to visit the dungeon, which I was hoping to run with some friends. What a let down.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Grevender.9235

Grevender.9235

super fantastic event, kudos A.Net!!!!!!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Jack of Tears.9458

Jack of Tears.9458

Anet has a long tradition ah making the Holiday Events ah big deal, an’ I’m glad ta see that hasn’ changed … not that I thought it would … but it’s a great way ta introduce allota new customers ta the company an’ let them know what they can expect from this game in time ta come.

Thanks fer all yer hard work Anet, we really do appreciate it.

I’m sorry I stepped outta yer box, don’ worry, if
ya whine enough they’ll put me right back.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: isuambrose.5843

isuambrose.5843

I hope that the event lasts through the 1st. Since this is Halloween and I have to answer to all of the trick-or-treaters, I don’t have a lot of time to spend online tonight. I was on long enough to get the achievement, but that is about all I will be able to accomplish. I know this is a selfish request, but what the heck.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: dalendria.3762

dalendria.3762

Must add my 2cents worth. This has been a really fun event. I love the way you laid it out and kept the excitement building for each act.

Now I am eagerly awaiting the Christmas holiday event.

Can you feel it? HOT HOT HOT

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Outamyhead.4812

Outamyhead.4812

Wouldn’t be up to Level 41 and a half already, if it wasn’t for this event. Love hunting the stuff that comes through the doors, kicking the Mad King’s posterior for two hours with the missus as a team.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Siamak.8126

Siamak.8126

I just wanted to Thank you Anet for such an amazing game and best Holiday experience I had in all the MMOs I have played to this day. I personally will be a long time supporter of Guild Wars 2 for as long as the game is around.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Balkazaar.6907

Balkazaar.6907

We got our power knocked out by the massive storm on the east coast. Looks like we won’t be restored until sometime sunday. Guessing we’ll be missing the party?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: gaiages.2837

gaiages.2837

This event was a lot of fun! I’m a little sad the dungeon didn’t stay up for too long, but it was a blast. Thanks!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: MobiuS.6394

MobiuS.6394

Pretty please open up the Mad King dungeon until the whole thing ends on the 5th.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: iplayforkeeps.5296

iplayforkeeps.5296

So when does the Mad King;s Realm close?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: PixieKitty.3564

PixieKitty.3564

This wasn’t much of a “heads up.” Are we supposed to be checking the forums every single day on the off chance you have something to tell us about extremely limited event times? I thought I had a few more days for the Mad King’s dungeon, was going to do it tonight with friends actually (hadn’t done it immediately because I have, you know, a job), and it’s already gone. Two achievements and a title, not to mention the enjoyment of experiencing it, are completely lost? After a day? And after giving us the impression that the Halloween events lasted until November 5th?

Why wasn’t this posted on the log in screen, which players HAVE to have open in order to play the game in the first place? I’m adding to the vote that the dungeon be reopened after the party. For the rest of us who’d like a reasonable amount of time to participate in the whole event.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: packhead.1025

packhead.1025

Couldn’t agree more with PixieKitty. I’ve got a life outside the game, and this event only went on for a few days. I really wanted to try my hand at the dungeon but too found myself just out of luck because I could not get in the game on the day or two that the dungeon ran. Really wish the event would’ve been multiple weeks so those of us that can’t play 40 hours a week could have enjoyed it.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Kafziel.1780

Kafziel.1780

I’d Vote a Dungeon reopening, I missed it entirely, I thought I had more time and I have not had power since Monday. Otherwise though I really enjoyed the events that I was able to participate in.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Ailsan.6327

Ailsan.6327

So, just looking for clarification on something: will the Mad King’s Realm and all related Haloween events be gone today? I am thrown off by the BLTC Haloween stuff being available until November 5th. I keep thinking that Phase 4 will continue until then as well.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Dark.6083

Dark.6083

I would hope that they extend the event a little, it would suck for some players to be unable to finish their tomes just because they lived in NYC or something. Kind of like being kicked when they’re down. :-\

in Halloween Event

Posted by: LightningLockey.5938

LightningLockey.5938

The sooner this junk is removed from the game the better. Hopefully there won’t ever be such a frustrating “money-pit” event released like this ever again. All players, including ones that just created their first account, should be able to obtain all items within a good 4-5 hours without having farm gold prior to the event.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

The sooner this junk is removed from the game the better. Hopefully there won’t ever be such a frustrating “money-pit” event released like this ever again. All players, including ones that just created their first account, should be able to obtain all items within a good 4-5 hours without having farm gold prior to the event.

100% completely DISAGREE. If everyone could get everything in 4-5 hours, everything would be worthless. It’s nice that there are some items like that (candy corn, devil horns, strawberry ghosts, etc) but its also nice that there are some items that really take some effort (or some really great luck) to get. I’ve really enjoyed the Halloween festivities and wish they would stay longer.

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

in Halloween Event

Posted by: LightningLockey.5938

LightningLockey.5938

EnemyCrusher, ever take into consideration those that have work and a family and can’t just spend ridiculous hours playing a game?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Silidus.7985

Silidus.7985

Wow.

Why not step it up a notch and say “All players, including ones just created, should just obtain all times through the mail system as soon as they log in”.

Honestly this was one of the best, if not the best, holiday event I have ever seen in an MMO. The content was interesting, some was challenging, some was fun, and it was almost ALL accessible to low level players (I heard the boss event scaled down to meet the players level, nice touch but I was working and couldn’t attempt it). I even managed to get all but one page of Mad Memories with my lvl 26 (unguilded) elementalist (my main).

I completed the Clock Tower, and had a great time. This is what MMOs and Holiday Events should be, a fun, challenging, exciting buffet where you can either try everything, nothing or whatever looks good. The experience is the reward, not the mementos (ie costumes/gear).

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Silidus.7985

Silidus.7985

EnemyCrusher, ever take into consideration those that have work and a family and can’t just spend ridiculous hours playing a game?

This type of argument always bugs me. I have work, and family, and responsibilities to both. This means I choose what is important in life and let the rest slide. It means I set my ‘game’ goals and feel good about what I can accomplish, but otherwise just enjoy the experience of ‘gaming’ in my off time.

The joy is in the doing, something I want to impart to my kid.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Fluke.6875

Fluke.6875

As someone who hasn’t been able to play much due to real life circumstances, I thoroughly enjoyed this event! I’ve been very busy but my other half and I made sure to set aside a bit of time to enjoy the different acts together since it was something we were looking forward to.

I wasn’t interested in any of the skins, but I still opened a few chests, just in-case Otherwise I was able to get the 2 titles as well as the 2 free hats with with the time available. I even snagged the exotic shoulders for my beau! Lots of fun and I enjoyed this a lot – we both are excited to see what happens later this month.

I do agree that times should have been posted on the launcher, but I had checked the wiki out of curiosity and found out when the different acts would be starting through that so we could plan our spare time accordingly.

(edited by Fluke.6875)

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Foronisus.4138

Foronisus.4138

What happened? i thought we get patch 1 hour 41 minutes ago

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Alnear Leavar.7453

Alnear Leavar.7453

Me too, I’m waiting for new build cos I don’t want to get thrown out of game in the middle of hostile zone

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Wraith.6749

Wraith.6749

Wait, what? What happened to the November 4th deadline?

Seriously, people like myself have jobs and would at least like to log in tonight after work to see the end of this event.

1 day ….and “sometime around” is stupid. I took 1 night off to attend REAL festivities based on the initial November 4th deadline and just happen to see this post.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Wraith.6749

Wraith.6749

I guess that deadline meant store items only? Here’s hoping by the time I get home in an hour I can at least SEE what the party looks like.

#cuttingitclose

in Halloween Event

Posted by: JarekCyphus.7068

JarekCyphus.7068

Wait, what? What happened to the November 4th deadline?

Seriously, people like myself have jobs and would at least like to log in tonight after work to see the end of this event.

1 day ….and “sometime around” is stupid. I took 1 night off to attend REAL festivities based on the initial November 4th deadline and just happen to see this post.

I have friends and guildies affected by Sandy that didn’t get to play Phase 3 or 4 at all…and still won’t because of this. :-/

Judges of the Tarnished Coast
Sagardon Kahn – Guardian
Hagalaz Kahn – Warrior

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Mojo.3286

Mojo.3286

Due to Hurricane Sandy, many people on the east coast including myself will not have power until Monday midnight. We lost power Monday this week so for many on the east coast affected by the Hurricane, this means no final Halloween event for us. Any chance you can extend for the victims of the Hurricane so they don’t miss out?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: burfo.6320

burfo.6320

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

What happened to the event ending at 1st nov 19 GMT? Its 2nd nov 0gmt now and still no end to halloween.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Blackmon.1903

Blackmon.1903

I was wondering if you will still be able to craft MK Chests after this ends? I heard that halloween skins from the BL chests will still be available until the 4th? Is this true? Please confirm.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Meiumi.1293

Meiumi.1293

Was just wondering when our lovely King Thorn will be departing, I want to be there to see him off, til next year. Hope maybe sometime he might break free from his Mad Realm, and maybe even become some part of an add on to seal him away again. xD

~See all of my artwork at:~
http://myoketh.deviantart.com/

in Halloween Event

Posted by: xerca.6135

xerca.6135

Still no new build. =/

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Ekera.5281

Ekera.5281

New build incoming!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Meiumi.1293

Meiumi.1293

I’m gonna miss our Mad King.

~See all of my artwork at:~
http://myoketh.deviantart.com/

in Halloween Event

Alnear Leavar.7453

We were like SECONDS from killing the dragon in Sparkfly fen -.-

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Blaaaaaaag.7480

Blaaaaaaag.7480

This type of argument always bugs me. I have work, and family, and responsibilities to both. This means I choose what is important in life and let the rest slide. It means I set my ‘game’ goals and feel good about what I can accomplish, but otherwise just enjoy the experience of ‘gaming’ in my off time.

The joy is in the doing, something I want to impart to my kid.

that’s an argument that really bugs me, too. What I read from it is “I have so many wonderful things happening in my life, and can only devote so much time to each of them, so I’m angry.”

I think those that are in this mindset need to try for a more objective viewpoint, they’re drowning in their own conceit.

in Halloween Event

Alnear Leavar.7453

I’m planning a wedding with my fiancee, planning a baby, finishing my faculty and also working… Those achievements didn’t take a long time to do (admittedly I didn’t do Mad Kings dungeon due but that was due to an illness). Then again I did warn my better half that she is marrying a gamer and to my delight her response was “we will play together”.

I think an hour or hour and a half per day you could do all 3 acts without much trouble as to my knowledge the dungeon wasn’t really long or hard and act 1 and 2 are easy to do.