Lunatic Inquisition deserves to better!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: tozt.7309

tozt.7309

lunatic inquisition is a great game, for a minigame, its amazing, and its fun, especially when the villagers know the smaller facets of evading and countering lunatics.

the biggest problem with this game, and I will emphasize that it is a critical flaw in that it ruins the game entirely, is really the deipairity between the amount of effort required for one side to win. where a band of villagers requires a synchronized effort, either via building npcs, or roaming with weapons, it would only take one or two lunatics to take a villager team apart using the simplest of tactics.

because of this disparity – the fact that a coordinated team has to spend at least half of the match delivering supplies just to have a chance, makes playing the game the way it was meant to be played pointless. its just way too easy to lose, so why even try? (this is where the meta is right now)

lunatic strategy is very simple, you chase and kill. lunatics are seemingly very powerful in that they have some 6 skills that can virtually incapacitate a villager (5 mad king skills + fear), and combine with combat slowdown (loss of runspeed in combat), a typical lunatic poses an enormous threat to even a seasoned villager. im serious, a complete imbecile can be good at lunatic, you dont even have to be good at guild wars 2 to be good on the lunatic team, you just have to be able to mash buttons

i think the most direct way to amend this game would be to make villagers stronger either by increasing the amount of hits they can take

or there is the option of making lunatics weaker, or more limited in ability: one way would be to make the first lunatic the “alpha zombie” which means they would have more abilities then any lunatic converted after the game started.

i think making all of the beseeching skills only available to the alpha lunatic would be reasonable, or the scarecrow skill

these are just ideas, and are theoretical, its hard to say what the best improvement could be until the game recieves new implementations. of course this is a halloween minigame, but i wouldn’t have typed this if hadn’t already had so much fun playing it. I think this game has alot to offer and would make an excellent addition to gw2 arena play and pvp in general, and it absolutely deserves more attention.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Dreamwalker.3617

Dreamwalker.3617

Lunatics being stronger is kinda the whole point, though. It’s hard being a villager.

But if you play long enough, you start to get a feel for it. There’s plenty of little secrets and hiding places around to help you out.

That was so funny, I laughed twice.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

Making one side significantly stronger and easier to play doesn’t really work out. People just get converted on purpose because they don’t want to be a villager.
Which actually makes sense if you consider what you can actually do as a villager.
1) Passive Villager:
So you stand still ~15 minutes and hope that no one finds you. There is really no point to change hiding place because you might as well as bump on a Lunatic.
2) Active Villager:
Try to deliver stuff, most likely not getting anything out of it because it requires team-effort. Attempt to fight off Lunatics which doesn’t really serve purpose because they are much stronger and even if you kill one they just respawn in same location.

Active hiding should be more rewarding. This means villagers need to know where Lunatics are so that they can actively avoid them (to balance this out villagers would be periodically revealed to Lunatics?).
Delivering should be more rewarding. This means villagers should get a buff for delivering one item.
Killing Lunatics should be more rewarding. At least send them back to middle, even better if they get long debuff (reducing maximum health and damage dealt).
Villagers should have more skills. 1-2 skills just makes it very boring to play. Villagers should get additional defensive skills to counter Lunatics abilities so that Lunatics can’t just roll their face on keyboard and win. Also Villagers should be able to get more offensive abitilies for example from deliveries.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Luisedgm.2375

Luisedgm.2375

This game needs a jump puzzle above the maze with lever to activate traps like the EB one, so more skilled villagers can fend against inquisitors.