Please be fair for everyone.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Blanche Neige.7241

Blanche Neige.7241

So, some people were able to farm an event and get a lot of exotic items, and those who were not able to play at that time connot do it now that you nerfed it.

Be fair to everyone :

either :

- delete everything that was farmed in those chest prior to the nerf

or

- restore the drops as they were before for 24 hours so everyone will be able to benefit from it

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Xenophen.4089

Xenophen.4089

I second that. I think you Anet is jumping the gun way too much. Let us know when you change things too please. Even the little ones. Keep us posted. We’re your player base, and we deserve to know the details.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Hard to destroy everything. Plenty of people salvaged and or sold the stuff on the TP.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

Not gonna happen. Look at history in this game, every time there’s an exploit or something that’s too advantageous, they nerf it but those who were in on it to begin with are sitting at the top still. For example Precursors for legendaries or the Arah 5 minute farm.

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Cina Reas.6938

Cina Reas.6938

Getting sick of nerfs that reduce my fun.

p.s. Never had an Exotic drop in 300 plus hours.

Grind Wars 2; the game that ate my brain.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Max.8503

Max.8503

i use a 50% magic booster, food and all. all that for nothing since u nerver told us, this really is not cool from your part. Bring it back please

in Halloween Event

Posted by: outdatedkero.5492

outdatedkero.5492

Sould have spent the last 7 hours farming with my guild who I think roughly made around 20-50g average? Insead I’ve been loosing to the jumping puzzle that truely needs nerfed over some chest rates.

GG Anet!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Ryuujin.8236

Ryuujin.8236

You’re asking for a full server rollback because a small portion of the players during peak hours got a handful more greens than you guys?

:/ – Priorities?

I think people are over-estimating just how many exotics dropped from these chests, I got 1 exotic and an “exotic” recipe sheet in 4 boss kills. It’s not exactly economy breaking, the exotic in question was worth 50 silver, 43 after tax deductions – the recipe sheet I opted to use seeing I’m a tailor.

0.43 gold, compared to my bank account of around 65 gold, it hasn’t exactly changed my life xD

The Ashwalker – Ranger
Garnished Toast

in Halloween Event

Posted by: outdatedkero.5492

outdatedkero.5492

those .40g exos where usually salvageable for .70+

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Tenebram.8975

Tenebram.8975

Meh.. love getting punished because of a few people.. dont get why it wasnt patched to have diminishing returns rather than reducing drops for everyone even those who havent even gotten a chance to do it yet

in Halloween Event

Posted by: The Spiral King.2483

The Spiral King.2483

I think you’re underestimating just how many exotics dropped. The price of the Halloween skins plummeted during that period, and have now more than doubled in the hour or so since the patch.

in Halloween Event

swiftpaw.6397

I think you’re underestimating just how many exotics dropped. The price of the Halloween skins plummeted during that period, and have now more than doubled in the hour or so since the patch.

Ah well another thing I get to miss out on. One day a hard working player such as myself who grinds the crap outta dungeons all day might actually stumble across some get-rich scheme too… One can only hope. lol.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Nox Aeterna.2965

Nox Aeterna.2965

What we need to do is wait till the add a patch , it comes full of exploits we can use.

I cant believe i lost my 1 shot at The Crossing … server me right.

I will be waiting the next patch, hope we find the exploit fast.

Gear Grind: Confirmed – Searching New MMO: Found – Changing MMO: Waiting Launch

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Eli Krey.5368

Eli Krey.5368

Anet improving they nerfing things faster

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Pochibella.8394

Pochibella.8394

The Mad King clothing set pieces were dropping from the chests. I didn’t really care about the weapon skins but I did like the Mad King clothing. And I thought hey, bet this is Arenanet’s way of making up for the crappy drop rate on the BLC’s. WRONG!

Mad King armor pieces have shot way up already. Yes, I could buy the pieces but thought I was going to have FUN killing bosses and having the thrill of finding it myself.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Augustwemust.9436

Augustwemust.9436

I wouldn’t mind seeing their reasoning behind it.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Stephapanda.5804

Stephapanda.5804

How is killing a champion and looting the chest an exploit. The karma exploit in the beginning of the game was an exploit. This was not an exploit.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Redamz.5038

Redamz.5038

Posted the same a while ago, my message was deleted…

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Augustwemust.9436

Augustwemust.9436

Posted the same a while ago, my message was deleted…

Must have said something in order to get it removed, they normally don’t do that.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: MajorMelchett.6042

MajorMelchett.6042

Agreed, i got in the game 4 minutes befor the update (i had just gotten in when the 3 min timer popped up), it’s just not right that people have been able to get so much gear/gold out of this and those of us who missed it get nothing.

Either give us all a chance at this or rollback what people got – sure it’s not exactly nice, but at least it’s fair.

Zilori: Guardian – Desolation.
Zarturo: Elemental – Desolation.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Account.9832

Account.9832

Meh.. love getting punished because of a few people.. dont get why it wasnt patched to have diminishing returns rather than reducing drops for everyone even those who havent even gotten a chance to do it yet

Because that would make too much sense and not drive enough people away from the game.

- Al Zheimer

in Halloween Event

Stephapanda.5804

How is it fair to roll back people who killed a champion and looted it!? Who is that fair to? You? No one who killed it was exploiting or doing anything wrong, so why punish us?

in Halloween Event

swiftpaw.6397

I spend a week or so dungeon farming my kitten off and someone waltzes into that labyrinth and gets what I earned in 10 minutes. Awesome.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: buzzkapow.8465

buzzkapow.8465

you didn’t once stop to think “Hey, why is Anet giving out this super sweet stuff on such a short cooldown?” after the fiasco that was the BLC? Ignorance is no excuse. It probably raised questions, but it was easy, and you could get super sweet stuff!! Give me a break. It was a exploit, and you knew it. The minute i saw “Mad King Lab Exotic Farming” thread, i knew it was an exploit, i didn’t even have to read the thread.

This is gonna be great PR for ArenaNet. THe paying customers get ripped off in the BLC, the cheaters get the super sweet items that are gonna take other people months if not years to get, and the regular people are stuck looking at the cheaters awesome stuff knowing they almost had a chance at it too.

in Halloween Event

Stephapanda.5804

Oh yes, because killing a champion and opening the chest it spawns should send red flags that this is an exploit? Also, you seem to have the misconception that everyone seemed to be getting exotics rained down on them. I was there for over an hour and I just got greens. You obviously wouldn’t be whining about it if you had been there, the only reason you are kittening now is because you didn’t come to the labyrinth and kill it. Whining because you missed out on something is pathetic.

If farming anything is an exploit then maybe everyone in CS should be banned.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: MajorMelchett.6042

MajorMelchett.6042

This is gonna be great PR for ArenaNet. THe paying customers get ripped off in the BLC, the cheaters get the super sweet items that are gonna take other people months if not years to get, and the regular people are stuck looking at the cheaters awesome stuff knowing they almost had a chance at it too.

This part i have to agree with, it’s really not right as we’ve now gone from 1 extreme to the other.

Zilori: Guardian – Desolation.
Zarturo: Elemental – Desolation.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Stormleaf.1769

Stormleaf.1769

Tip: stop basing your enjoyment of a game purely on what other people have. So, you missed out on something, and sure, that kind of sucks. But it’s not the end of the world. If you can’t enjoy playing a game simply because other people got a bit luckier than you, then maybe it’s time to move on or reexamine your priorities.

Also, think about how much the Halloween skin situation changed between Act 1 and Act 2. Super-rare in Act 1, a lot more common and easy to get in Act 2. There are two more acts; wait and see what else they have to offer before screaming and whining. Maybe at the end of Act 4 they’ll just give the skins to everyone? Hah.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Fungalfoot.7213

Fungalfoot.7213

I’m extremely disappointed in anet’s loot manipulation. This is what destroyed Diablo III for a lot of players and seeing this mistake repeated in Guild Wars 2 is disheartening to say the least. The 24/7 farmers managed to farm multiple sets before the nerf and now the rest of us are told to pony up the cash if we want a chance at ever getting the full set.

Revert the nerf on the Mad King exotics and remove all other exotics from the loot table. Better yet, tie the kitten pieces to accomplishments like the slippers instead of forcing us to undergo monotonous grinding. I thought Guild Wars 2 was supposed to fix that flaw?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Player.9621

Player.9621

7 hours farming with my guild who I think roughly made around 20-50g average

quoted this just in case anyone missed it

why is this game called guild wars?

all i see is people manipulating the TP, nerfs on anything thats even remotely rewarding and a store to buy things that do nothing with real money.

i see a lot of angry players

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Ryuujin.8236

Ryuujin.8236

In fairness, Guild Wars 1 didn’t have much guild wars either, it was an allusion to the events that actually occured before the game and set the scene… maybe they were meant to have a bigger role in it, I guess we’ll never know now xD

The Ashwalker – Ranger
Garnished Toast

in Halloween Event

buzzkapow.8465

Not mad. Not about this. haven’t logged in since shortly after the even started. I could have done it, was home all day. Don’t care, wouldn’t have done it. Name any other place in the game… any single one that has a chest that drops every 20-30 mins with a chance at exotics. Give me a break. You’re made cause you’re gonna lose a couple greens? Me think that maybe you wouldn’t be so upset over it then.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Pochibella.8394

Pochibella.8394

I for one did not ever think of it as an exploit.

I actually thought it was a response to the horrible drop rate of anything of substance from the BLC. I thought they were giving people an alternate way to have a chance of getting the stuff since the chests were such a fiasco. And an exploit is “to make use of meanly or unfairly for one’s own advantage”. It wasn’t unfair. Anyone could go in at any level and kill mobs and run to the champion when someone announced it was up. Being able to loot the chest more than once was cool and I felt SURPRISED not sneaky or like I was doing something wrong. I didn’t get exotics every time. I got 2 exotics, a mask and some pants, which I equipped, didn’t sell. I was hoping for Mad King Armor but I didn’t get any.

in Halloween Event

swiftpaw.6397

7 hours farming with my guild who I think roughly made around 20-50g average

quoted this just in case anyone missed it

all i see is people manipulating the TP, nerfs on anything thats even remotely rewarding and a store to buy things that do nothing with real money.

i see a lot of angry players

I just find it very disheartening, it takes away from all the time i spent working hard for gold, I feel like I jut squandered it given other people are getting what I make in weeks in about 10 minutes.

in Halloween Event

Nox Aeterna.2965

Tip: stop basing your enjoyment of a game purely on what other people have. So, you missed out on something, and sure, that kind of sucks. But it’s not the end of the world. If you can’t enjoy playing a game simply because other people got a bit luckier than you, then maybe it’s time to move on or reexamine your priorities.

Also, think about how much the Halloween skin situation changed between Act 1 and Act 2. Super-rare in Act 1, a lot more common and easy to get in Act 2. There are two more acts; wait and see what else they have to offer before screaming and whining. Maybe at the end of Act 4 they’ll just give the skins to everyone? Hah.

I dont care about what anyone got , hell they could have gotton freaking leg weapons for all i care.

What i care , is that chests dropped The Crossing , and that was my one chance of getting it. That , is what i care about.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Blanche Neige.7241

Blanche Neige.7241

Maybe at the end of Act 4 they’ll just give the skins to everyone? Hah.

More likely they will sell it in the cash shop.

in Halloween Event

Nox Aeterna.2965

^ Most likely they will show them , and then tell us how we will never get them.

in Halloween Event

buzzkapow.8465

Anybody who thinks it wasn’t an exploit is lying to themselves. Why would Anet make up for the chest fiasco by giving everybody an awesome skin? Especially skins that people are still saving up to make, and may be saving for very long time to get? That’s ridiculous, and the biggest cop out ever. A roll back would be very appropriate here i would think.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Motty.9821

Motty.9821

I played about 3-4 hours before the patch and I got only 1 exotic, the rest were ToTs, fangs, or other stuff. I didn’t really see it as an exploit, since only 3 or so other people out of the 50 or so that were fighting ever got one. They always complained about fangs or greens, so you guys didn’t really miss out on much.

And asking them to delete everything or reopening it to allow you to exploit it? That’s a little selfish, and it’d be impossible to do so, and it’d make a lot of people angry to delete the exotics they have.

in Halloween Event

Stephapanda.5804

Not mad. Not about this. haven’t logged in since shortly after the even started. I could have done it, was home all day. Don’t care, wouldn’t have done it. Name any other place in the game… any single one that has a chest that drops every 20-30 mins with a chance at exotics. Give me a break. You’re made cause you’re gonna lose a couple greens? Me think that maybe you wouldn’t be so upset over it then.

I’m not “made” about losing a couple of greens, I’m upset about people acting like it’s everyone’s fault this got nerfed and we’re all a bunch of exploiters. There is no reason for anyone to namecall and spam forum topics because they didn’t get something that others did. You are all the ones spazzing out about this. It’s very selfish and childish to do what most people here are doing now.

Anybody who thinks it wasn’t an exploit is lying to themselves. Why would Anet make up for the chest fiasco by giving everybody an awesome skin? Especially skins that people are still saving up to make, and may be saving for very long time to get? That’s ridiculous, and the biggest cop out ever. A roll back would be very appropriate here i would think.

A. VERY. SMALL. AMOUNT. OF. PEOPLE. GOT. THAT. SKIN.

What do you not understand about this? I didn’t get it but do you see me freaking out about it? Why do you insist on believing that every person who opened the chest got rare/exotic/halloween weapon skins? VERY FEW people actually got these, if at all. Last time I checked, I had no way of knowing what other people are getting from it. Quit trolling the forums and go back to saving up for your precious skins. You’re being incredibly childish.

(edited by Stephapanda.5804)

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Jabberwock.9014

Jabberwock.9014

This is seriously making me want to quit the game. This is basically the ONE day this week I didn’t get a chance to play and I missed out on half a years worth of gold. If what I’m hearing is true, I could have farmed like 100 exotics and now with the patch sold them back for almost full price a few days later… the gap between rich and poor must have jumped up many magnitudes this day. Way to go anet, your rushed updates finally screwed things up big time.

Get stoned whenever you want:
Endless Petrification Tonic

in Halloween Event

buzzkapow.8465

I’m not being childish. I’m being realistic. I’m not saving up for skin, i dont’ have the desire to grind out an item. From the sounds of it, lots of people got skins. That’s why the market is fluctuating the way it is. You’re getting awfully defensive for a guy who only got greens, but i digress. Let’s let the cheaters keep the items they got. That way all the people who figured it was gonna be worth it to put the time and effort into getting those same items feel cheated. You know, your long term honest customers. Couple that with the unsatisfied customers from the BLC fiasco, and you have a lot of pissed off, angry customers. And those are probably your best customers. To appease the cheats? Starting to smell like Nexon in here…

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Fungalfoot.7213

Fungalfoot.7213

This is seriously making me want to quit the game. This is basically the ONE day this week I didn’t get a chance to play and I missed out on half a years worth of gold. If what I’m hearing is true, I could have farmed like 100 exotics and now with the patch sold them back for almost full price a few days later… the gap between rich and poor must have jumped up many magnitudes this day. Way to go anet, your rushed updates finally screwed things up big time.

Don’t worry. With anet’s testing procedures you’ll probably get another shot as early as Christmas. That’s assuming that the economy hasn’t been thoroughly demolished by farmbots by then.

in Halloween Event

Stephapanda.5804

I’m not being childish. I’m being realistic. I’m not saving up for skin, i dont’ have the desire to grind out an item. From the sounds of it, lots of people got skins. That’s why the market is fluctuating the way it is. You’re getting awfully defensive for a guy who only got greens, but i digress. Let’s let the cheaters keep the items they got. That way all the people who figured it was gonna be worth it to put the time and effort into getting those same items feel cheated. You know, your long term honest customers. Couple that with the unsatisfied customers from the BLC fiasco, and you have a lot of pissed off, angry customers. And those are probably your best customers. To appease the cheats? Starting to smell like Nexon in here…

Okay, so farming an event is cheating now. Can someone ban everyone in cursed shore and straits now please? Thanks.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Pazuzu.6578

Pazuzu.6578

Glad that I’ll never be able to obtain the Mad King Armor Set on my own. Back to trying to scrounge up money on the TP while the armor skyrockets in price. So happy about this. I really am. :|

in Halloween Event

Posted by: K Cross.3458

K Cross.3458

This is seriously making me want to quit the game.

I’ve been playing actively since headstart and today’s fiasco with the Labyrinth chest was my treshold.

It’s not the first time this happens and I’m sure this won’t be the last. This really frustrates me, and when a game starts to do that, then it’s time for me to take a break and reevaluate certain things…

At least they patched it… but… too litle, too late. Anyway, I hope for this game’s sake, they start to learn from their mistaskes… and fast.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Rook.3598

Rook.3598

are you guys serious? This is just sad. i farmed it for an hour before the drop and got one or two exotics…the rest were green merchant fodder. All we did was kill a boss and take the chest that spawned next to his corpse…as we were supposed to. there is no way they will roll back the servers and there is nothing we did wrong. Sometimes life is unfair. Perhaps when the next holiday event rolls around I’ll catch the tail end of a nerf that I could have gotten better stuff during. Were talking about a couple gold or less here people…it’s not economy breaking…and it wasn’t obtained “illegally” or through an exploit. Those were the drop rates Anet orig chose and we used it as intended. You should all be complaining over all the in-game bots…you know how much gold those fools rake in and how badly they hurt the economy? alot.

(edited by Rook.3598)

in Halloween Event

Posted by: mulch.2586

mulch.2586

The discussion my party had was that the drops and near constant events must have been ANet’s way of making amends after the Black Lion keys debacle. It seemed fun and profitable, but not crazy out of line.

But somehow they managed to make a kitty-box of it (again).

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Bazooms.3452

Bazooms.3452

I did this right when phase 2 started and got the first exotic out of a chest that I’ve ever gotten. Did some events later after they patched and still got a exotic out of a champion chest… though I didn’t get squat out of the family sized champion chest. So looks like exotics still drop. Though they definitely made it so all the T6 fine mats stopped dropping.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Drekor.5217

Drekor.5217

My biggest disappointment with this special event is the major one happening sunday, they are hyping it up to be such a big deal but are only having it once at a time I can’t be on, makes me a sad panda

The Shipwrecked Pirates
Tarnished Coast

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Cina Reas.6938

Cina Reas.6938

Completely out of order action. I have as much right as the next paying purchaser of this game to get a few reasonable drops.

What the hell is wrong with getting a few good drops? It was a game when advertised. Now it’s City traders, Taxes, Inflation, Criminals and Poverty.

Grind Wars 2; the game that ate my brain.