Please, extend Halloween Event for two days more.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Halo.8976

Halo.8976

As some of you might be aware, Hurricane Sandy currently reaping East Coast.
Even living in Brooklyn (where no actual hurricane is) it affects my internet connection / ping horrible. In Clock Tower I’m not able to jump in time, or game suddenly decides I was too slow and porting me back.

I’m not whining – I completed the puzzle more than 150 times already and not really care, but other people having technical issues with it right now. So, it would be nice from Anet to extend holidays events in time of disaster, just to be fair to everyone.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Blueroseknight.7954

Blueroseknight.7954

Yes, an extension of the event would certainly be awesome. Just think of it as an encore performance.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Adorelle.5942

Adorelle.5942

You’re very unfortunate with the hurricane at this time. As far as I’m concerned, there’s a whole lot of Guild Wars 2 players missing out on the event due to the storm, and it would only be inconsiderate of ArenaNet if they didn’t give these players a second chance. I’m not saying this because I’m lagging behind on the achievements, because I don’t, and I wouldn’t care if they only extended the event on US servers, and I live in Norway.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: allways.9270

allways.9270

Yo.
I´m living in Europe, and not currently affected by the Hurricane. Nor do I have any relatives across the great sea. But, my mother called me just a couple of hours ago & was crying about 60 ppl already dead due to that ..
.. point being. It made me realize a “small” thing. Ignoring connection problems – like laggs & disconnections. The loses on human lives & certainly some players in our comunity will occur. To prolonge the Halloween event would be nice for a lot of players, but it also would be nice, to honor the memory …
.. anyhow, GW2 is a game indeed, so “irl troubles” shouldn´t be a part of it, from a certain aspect, but on the other hand, we are a community, so if not Anet, then at least we – as a community, should do at least something. Anything would be of value.

Charr Engineer
Death is Energy [DIE]
Underworld server; WvW – UW border/defence

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Halo.8976

Halo.8976

I just prefer not to watch news, so I didn’t know about deaths…
… Dunno that can be said about that. In that case 2 days is just a joke. Maybe a NA server where the event will be up for another month?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: djmckie.4876

djmckie.4876

Anet will probably want to start working on something else rather than keep the event up for much longer, they might extend it to a week max but no more. As unfortunate it is to be caught up in the hurricane, it quite simply isn’t Anets fault so try not to judge them on what ever decision they make.

also, allowing only NA the extension would just result on mass server changes and even if they locked this anyone in the NA region not effected by the hurricane has all that time more to farm Mad king.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: takatsu.9416

takatsu.9416

K, the storm is reaching us in toronto right now xD it sounds like its going to be bad and has gained more strength along land…. :S

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Jnaathra.6549

Jnaathra.6549

I know this is a big storm but, its kinda cute how the media feeds people and they blow the scope of the storm totally out of proportion.

I hope you get an extension.. Just remember this isn’t even a cat 1 anymore. Yes it will flood, yes power will go out.. Its still puny.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Noviere.7309

Noviere.7309

I’m in Nova Scotia, and the wind is starting to pick up quite a bit. I hope we don’t lose power…

in Halloween Event

Posted by: allways.9270

allways.9270

5-6 mil without power .. 10 confirmed deaths in Carribean, Cuba & Haiti .. 15 confirmed deaths in US .. floods that will happen & last till the end of the week .. power shortage .. fire breaking out .. and in NY a powerplant is on fire.
Worst thing, the hurricane isn´t done yet ..
Guys in US .. be safe.

Charr Engineer
Death is Energy [DIE]
Underworld server; WvW – UW border/defence

in Halloween Event

Posted by: mrsrachelm.7618

mrsrachelm.7618

Gawd, no. Can’t wait for it to be over.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: SkyReacher.2389

SkyReacher.2389

Please extend it to the weekend so people who has issues will have time to enjoy this awesome one time in a year event . . .

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Freyar.3254

Freyar.3254

ArenaNet already said that they cannot extend the event because it ends right into the ramp up for November’s events.