*SOLVED* - Please help. All acts cleared without my doing.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: scoop.9613

scoop.9613

I don’t know what’s going on. The only part of the Halloween DLC I have done, is talk to the first ghost in the plaza.

I login today, and apparently, phase 3 has already started. I try to go through Act 1, but none of the ghosts show. I go to the places, and use the Matter Meter, but I get nothing.

In the middle of the plaza in Lions Arch, the Lion statue is gone, and the “Mad Kings Realm” is already open.

How did this happen? Did I take too long to complete the previous quests?

Is there anyway I can “reset” the quest so I can achieve the acts on my own?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: EndlessDreamer.6780

EndlessDreamer.6780

The acts are independent of individual characters. You can go through the quests for Acts 1 and 2 as you wish, but Act 3 is going to be active whether you did Act 1 or 2. It’s not like a single player game where it waits for a single person.

As for your issue with Act 1, are you sure you’re in the right places and you’re interacting with the “Interesting Space”, which will spawn the ghost?

in Halloween Event

scoop.9613

Yes. I am sure. I am watching a walkthrough video to make sure I was in the right places. I use the matter meter, and nothing shows.

If another player in the world uses their Meter, then the ghost shows, and I can then talk to them and get the next note. But I can’t bring them up on my own.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Kaderin.7584

Kaderin.7584

Maybe your server has bugged on that issue? A friend of mine did it yesterday fine

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Elarii.2756

Elarii.2756

Not trying to be flippant, but are you sure you have candy corn in your bag to power the matter meter? If so, then yea send in a bug report and perhaps ask in map if someone is close by that can give you a hand with it.

in Halloween Event

scoop.9613

Ha Ha. Yes. I have plenty of candy. Thanks for asking. ( I work in IT, so I understand asking the simplest of questions first. lol)

For instance, I am on the 4th location (Blackroot Gut), and I found out where to go (via the walkthrough) and the ghost is already visible without using any scans.

This is so frustrating as I am the type of player who likes to take the time and quest.

Thanks for everyone’s help.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

If the ghost is already visible, that just means that another player was here just before you and spawned the ghost. You don’t miss out on anything if that happens; in fact, you saved yourself a Candy Corn!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Account.9832

Account.9832

In the middle of the plaza in Lions Arch, the Lion statue is gone, and the “Mad Kings Realm” is already open.

How did this happen?

You mean how could things possibly happen in Tyria without you specifically doing them?

Welcome to the wonderful world of multi-player games.

All the original ghosts are still there, all the previous quests / events / items are still available.

- Al Zheimer

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Wor Machien.9657

Wor Machien.9657

yeah, someone already activated the ghost. i know you want to explore and reveal things by yourself, but it’s not going to happen in GW2…it’s an active world constantly affected by other players.

GW1 on the other hand was pretty much all private instances

in Halloween Event

scoop.9613

Alright. I guess I was being impatient. Mods, feel free to remove this thread.

Thanks for everyone’s help.