Trick or Treat Doors stuck open

in Halloween Event

Posted by: stpetemermaid.5947

stpetemermaid.5947

Saw several of the haunted portals stuck open tonight. All the way from Queensdale into Gendarren Fields. Example: one behind Delanian in Kessex Hills.

They are very cool to look into! It’s like standing on the edge of the universe. Awesome.

But you can’t trick or treat at them.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: AnthonyOrdon

AnthonyOrdon

Game Designer

Fix is coming soon. Thanks for your patience.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Max Lexandre.6279

Max Lexandre.6279

That doors should lead to an Dungeon in Somewhere in the Universe where we fight mad king.

But it looks that door will be in the Lion Statue of Lions Arch. ~~

I’m The Best in Everything.
Asura thing.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: MrDreadful.7014

MrDreadful.7014

Nice. Step one: complete events for Act 2. Step two: Finish of my pumpkins and somehow get 100 more haunted kills.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

yea, the haunted kills are most definitely the hardest of the achievements to max. I finished the scavenger hunt, the ToT bags, and i’m 1/2 way thru the carvings (finishing that tonight).

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Lucas Ashrock.8675

Lucas Ashrock.8675

Just do it on night time, most sleep, you can manage it easily, as i did. And getting loads of karma too, i can be wrong but everytime i had someone next to me (expecially 3+ players) every door didn’t gave me any karma, popping just 1 mob per player, or a bag.
Playing alone, loads of karma per door.

Dungeon Master http://i.imgur.com/Hoqw3.jpg ME http://i.imgur.com/R41MGzB.jpg Fractal Guild Promoter

in Halloween Event

Posted by: tarnin.1690

tarnin.1690

Just do it on night time, most sleep, you can manage it easily, as i did. And getting loads of karma too, i can be wrong but everytime i had someone next to me (expecially 3+ players) every door didn’t gave me any karma, popping just 1 mob per player, or a bag.

When they weren’t bugged open, they were bugged to one mob/bag. Man, they can’t even get the events right without a laundry list of bugs.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: NightShadow.1429

NightShadow.1429

When they weren’t bugged open, they were bugged to one mob/bag. Man, they can’t even get the events right without a laundry list of bugs.

I would just like to point out that there are different kinds of doors. There are event doors (which give you karma/exp ect) and normal doors at which you trick or treat and it will either spawn nothing, a monster or a loot bag per player. It has nothing to do with how many players are with you. I suggest finding a group in Gendarren Fields that’s running around looking for doors and you’ll get the monster hunter in no time.

“Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster,
and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

in Halloween Event

Posted by: MrDreadful.7014

MrDreadful.7014

^ With the addendum that each individual can open the door and then they go on a personal CD before they can open it again. If I find a door solo I can open it, wait a bit, and open it once more (assuming its not an event door) before it goes away. More bodies = more chances, though.

That’s why the group idea is so good, so long as you get your hits in. Not aware of how many times a group of people can open a regular door before it disappears because I’ve only ever been on my own or had a couple folks run up as I’m opening.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: NightShadow.1429

NightShadow.1429

It’s random. In large groups I’ve been at doors that lasted 3-4min and everyone was able to open the door twice yielding quite a few ToT bags, and I’ve been to doors (with the same group) that have lasted long enough for 1 or 2 people to open them. How long the doors stay are impossible to predict or influence.

“Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster,
and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

It’s random. In large groups I’ve been at doors that lasted 3-4min and everyone was able to open the door twice yielding quite a few ToT bags, and I’ve been to doors (with the same group) that have lasted long enough for 1 or 2 people to open them. How long the doors stay are impossible to predict or influence.

^this exactly. I rolled with a group of 4-5 and we each got a turn opening the door, sometimes spawning as many as 4 bags for me to pick up. I think that if you’re actually in a party with people their opening can potentially yield drops for all party members. And I’ve gotten to open a single door 2x in 1 go maybe 4-5 times.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)