Bad Villain.6154

Still bet we won’t see it until after midnight

It’s not the size of the dog in the fight,
It’s size of the fight in the dog" Mark Twain

When does the Halloween event start?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Zedler.3452

Zedler.3452

Good thing I have homework right now to occupy my wait time. Can’t wait!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Ephakih.7863

Ephakih.7863

A Lack of information doesnt matter when the game will be here when you wake up Charrgirl. The game has been lacking vital information since before launch. I mean, they barely gave us any info on anything. And even now alot of the info of the mechanics of skills and traits and ect are all hidden. Even information of the Mystic forge is hidden. Does that stop anything? Not really. Go to bed, games will be around when your up. Why wait for something impatiently when you can either sleep or actually play GW2 while waiting. Unlike alot of MMO’s that would have to bring down the server for several hours to apply an update.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Munrock.3092

Munrock.3092

I couldn’t agree more with arjeidi. It might have saved a lot of confusion, especially as such a huge portion of the globe is more than 12 hours ahead of Seattle. If ANet is planning to grow to a global coverage, and I really hope it does, it might be wise to consider using UTC sooner rather than later.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Zocks.5719

Zocks.5719

Thanks for the Update.

I am in Europe and i would just like to now the Minimun Hours it will take to release.. like, not before 4 hours.. that would be great to arrange some things =)

Thanks

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Gatts.4865

Gatts.4865

any idea what time eastern? -5:00

Custom built rig-
AMD Phenom II x4 955 BE 3.20 GHz DDR3 1600 8GB 4×2gb Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 1GB DDR5

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Sam.9157

Sam.9157

My earlier statement in the previous thread was buried, so I shall repeat it here. Please note that I am not asking for the Halloween event to start ‘now’, I’m saying that not giving a time is extremely unprofessional. And should a technical issue arise and cause a delay, you can create a forum post and tell people that there has been a delay, and you then update that forum post every 10-15 minutes until it’s fixed. This is called being a AAA mmo. Hell you even put it in the launcher too, for people that don’t visit the forums.

“ReginaBuenaobra
North American Community Team Lead

We understand that you’re all impatient for the Halloween update to go live.

As stated on the event page, the Halloween event will go live on October 22, Pacific Time.

As previously messaged earlier today, it will go live later this evening on October 22.

It is an involved process to push a game update to the live servers, so a lot of care must be taken to ensure quality.

Thanks for your patience and understanding."

That’s really quite appalling. You sell yourselves as a quality AAA mmo, in 2012, and yet you are incapable of providing a time for when you intend to release your event. You do realize that holiday events and content patches in mmos have been happening for years, they are not technical marvels. Your player-base is not stupid and are (mostly) not gullible.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Vasyl.5314

Vasyl.5314

I don’t see what’s so unreasonable about wanting a specific time for the update. They gave us a date (which was great a couple of weeks ago) but people like a specific time frame for when an update will go live. If there is problems delivering it on time then let us know it will be late (even if it’s hours) that way people can decide if they want to wait or go do other things. Yes we appreciate the time to make sure that everything runs smoothly but at let us know a specific time when we can expect the update.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Kcquipor.6730

Kcquipor.6730

Here in Belgium it’s 3AM :o so will we get it quick or do we need to go to bed ?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Divinion.4327

Divinion.4327

Impatient is an insulting word, regardless of how you try to use it. And I love how my post was removed. So ArenaNet censors upset customers? Sorry Regina, but you honestly should be fired. You can delete every one of my posts I ever make, but I am a paying customer and my voice will be heard or I will demand a full refund of the over $700 I spent on this game.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: KYboyblue.9236

KYboyblue.9236

I’m just happy that you all are doing a cool looking update! ^^

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Zerhai.9120

Zerhai.9120

Still not an answer at this rate it will definitely be on on the 23rd even in pst.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Arysta.9530

Arysta.9530

Thanks for the update. My nerd rage has subsided a bit.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: mthomas.2763

mthomas.2763

People aren’t actually expecting the first major content push for a new MMO to work the first time, are they?

My blog, with possibly GW2 related posts: http://rnd-diversions.blogspot.com/

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Bunnehboo.6025

Bunnehboo.6025

i love how ppl are getting angry at how people are impatient its quite entertaining and making me feel better about possibly not being able to play till tomorrow afternoon

~Caedas~

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Mimizu.7340

Mimizu.7340

Dinks, why should everyone else in the world have to figure out what PST equals in their time zone?

Mimizu Heavy Industries [Doll] – Underworld

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Blue Rangercomander.2054

Blue Rangercomander.2054

here is a wonderful idea, if your insulted, leave.

in Halloween Event

Vasyl.5314

A Lack of information doesnt matter when the game will be here when you wake up Charrgirl. The game has been lacking vital information since before launch. I mean, they barely gave us any info on anything. And even now alot of the info of the mechanics of skills and traits and ect are all hidden. Even information of the Mystic forge is hidden. Does that stop anything? Not really. Go to bed, games will be around when your up. Why wait for something impatiently when you can either sleep or actually play GW2 while waiting. Unlike alot of MMO’s that would have to bring down the server for several hours to apply an update.

Actually a lot of that Info can be found on the official GW2 Wiki.
Besides all anyone is asking for is a time-frame for when the update will go live so that we can decide if we want to stay up all night waiting for it or do things like SLEEP.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Umei.7052

Umei.7052

Mimizu.7340
“i knew that selling timepieces to the colonies would lead to this…”

xD bwaaahahahhahaa

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Morgoth.4573

Morgoth.4573

They should at least add GMT as well as the other time zones. Not everyone wants to go work out (using google or whatever) what the time it will be in their time zone.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: jatobi.1756

jatobi.1756

People saying “It’s free content kitten stop QQing!!”

When you purchased GW2, you purchased the game knowing it “came” with free updates, and free content patches. That means the content is “included” in the original purchase price.

Let that settle in your minds for a bit. Yes, you paid for it, and so did everyone else.

Think of it like this as well. Every little bit you spend on the gem shop…yeah that’s just extra.

Again, like I said, it’s not the fact that we’re getting quote unquote “free” content. It’s the misleading information. It’s the “It’s coming in the afternoon!” And then now “it’s coming later this evening.”

There are a lot of people who do not live in PST. I’m one of them. It is currently 9:20pm. It’s getting rather late.

It’s a work week. Normally, people have to get up rather early during the work week.

See the problem?

I don’t think you do…

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Amorphous.2160

Amorphous.2160

People aren’t actually expecting the first major content push for a new MMO to work the first time, are they?

If they are, they haven’t been around the block much.

Intel i7 3.4GHz – 16GB RAM – MSi 560Ti 2GB – 9TB Total internal storage

in Halloween Event

Posted by: BucktownzFinest.2463

BucktownzFinest.2463

So, what you’re saying is that it could be the 23rd Eastern time when it gets released. That’s buns.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: fiesta.3964

fiesta.3964

Just like I said in another thread….. 11h59 pm PST!! (:

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Spottycat.7218

Spottycat.7218

Impatient.. could have been worded differently.

?Tasho (KGB)? •L80 Jack of Trades!
• Knights of Glory and Beer – Fort Aspenwood

in Halloween Event

Posted by: MrCrow.5641

MrCrow.5641

I feel it’s worth mentioning that this event will run for over a week. I don’t think it’s fair to be insulting the development team (who are clearly still working on setting up the event if it isn’t out yet) when you’re given over a week to complete all the content.

Relax, there’s no need to hurry.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Masterpyro.4310

Masterpyro.4310

While I don’t believe its a huge deal that it’s not out right now, I have Dexter to watch anyway, some people planned their whole day/week around this event. When someone says a date without a time, the universally assumed time is the second that date starts in the designated time zone. So when October 22nd was said, it should have come out nearly 18 hours ago. If that’s not the case, then give a specific time/timeframe, or give the 23rd as a date.

The very end of the designated day, especially when the pacific time zone is nearly the LAST time zone to go through the day, is not acceptable when dealing with a large international community, free content or not.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: skunkle.6375

skunkle.6375

I think saying “impatient” is a little harsh. Especially when you thank us for our patience in your sign-off.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: kurupt.7913

kurupt.7913

I’m hoping it’s after game 7 of NLCS tonight. Thanks for the update Arenanet.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: FiachSidhe.3654

FiachSidhe.3654

Thank you for the update. I don’t mind waiting. I’d rather wait a little more if it means the event is the best it can be.

Though I also understand those who planned around this event.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

IDK why devs feel like they need to say when something is coming. If anything I would do it like they did with beta. They said a time, and then more often than not you could log in prior to the time that was listed. People give more kudos when you are early with something. It still can technically be an early release if you had said the 23rd PST, and released it tonight knowing full well you were releasing it tonight. That way you get excited people posting on the forums as opposed to impatient people.

To me, the impatience is justified. With GW1, you guys released patches on Thursdays in the afternoon, and weekend updates happened at Noon PST. When you say, on the 22nd, I feel like after playing GW1 for 7 years, it was safe to say Noon was when it was coming out. Us hardcore players of your game, plan our days around your game. Releasing a patch with 6 hours or less in said day destroys some of the excitement I have for it. Of course that will be gone once I am playing it! Come on already! We are excited to play!

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

in Halloween Event

Posted by: fals.9371

fals.9371

All you people complaining about “figuring out what PST equals” it isn’t that hard.

First of all, they linked to a calculator on twitter for that.

Second of all, if you weren’t so lazy, you could’ve took as much time as it took you to post your comments just doing a quick search on what PST is.

It is GMT-7.

(edited by fals.9371)

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Cole Eyre.8471

Cole Eyre.8471

I don’t remember offhand but, weren’t most events in GW1 pushed live at 11:59PM PST on the launch date specified? I remember logging in at 2:59am EST back then so I could see all the new decorations as soon as they were live.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: arjeidi.2690

arjeidi.2690

Can people stop telling Anet to use GMT? Its a game made by a NA developer, operating out of the west coast in Pacific time, and will use pacific time. Why should Americans have to figure out what GMT equals in their time zone?

Why should the rest of the world have to figure out PDT? GMT is the international standard, not PDT. The international standard doesn’t change based on “where you operate”.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Ellendi.6742

Ellendi.6742

My earlier statement in the previous thread was buried, so I shall repeat it here. Please note that I am not asking for the Halloween event to start ‘now’, I’m saying that not giving a time is extremely unprofessional. And should a technical issue arise and cause a delay, you can create a forum post and tell people that there has been a delay, and you then update that forum post every 10-15 minutes until it’s fixed. This is called being a AAA mmo. Hell you even put it in the launcher too, for people that don’t visit the forums.

“ReginaBuenaobra
North American Community Team Lead

We understand that you’re all impatient for the Halloween update to go live.

As stated on the event page, the Halloween event will go live on October 22, Pacific Time.

As previously messaged earlier today, it will go live later this evening on October 22.

It is an involved process to push a game update to the live servers, so a lot of care must be taken to ensure quality.

Thanks for your patience and understanding."

That’s really quite appalling. You sell yourselves as a quality AAA mmo, in 2012, and yet you are incapable of providing a time for when you intend to release your event. You do realize that holiday events and content patches in mmos have been happening for years, they are not technical marvels. Your player-base is not stupid and are (mostly) not gullible.

Not giving a time is perfectly acceptable, it is done when it is done, not a minute sooner and not a minute later. People need to realize that they aren’t special little snowflakes and not everything is going to run the way they want it to run. Things happen, you can wait for the patch to happen and the stuff to go through. Can’t you? Is it physically hurting you that you can’t play the Halloween event right this very second? Is it physically hurting you that you don’t have a time of when it is going to exactly start, down to the very second? I bet not, everyone here is acting like a bunch of immature, self-entitled little brats who need to have their priorities straight.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: blue.8629

blue.8629

So, what you’re saying is that it could be the 23rd Eastern time when it gets released. That’s buns.

They said it would be released on the 23rd Eastern..

Blue… My name is a colour.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: MUNEY.9104

MUNEY.9104

Funny how people say they have “lives outside of Guild Wars 2” that they have to put on hold. First of all, you are on this GW2 forum. Secondly, if you are putting your “lives” on hold for GW2, then obviously your life revolves around GW2, and not the opposite.

And finally, I would never put a exact time to when things will be released. How much more stressful and frantic ArenaNet would be having a ‘deadline’. This means more errors, more problems. So everyone should just sit tight, or play tomorrow.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Dresdoe.7503

Dresdoe.7503

thank you for your clarification, I am still very disappointed with your 1st major content release and that is saying a lot because it has not even arrived yet.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Devinair.5273

Devinair.5273

Ok i hope this message gets through to those who are working on the patch. Please keep up the good work and i know yall are doing your best to get the patch to us as quickly as possible. Im sad to see so many angry comments on here and i understand the impatience and excitement that comes along with a new game, but some of these comments are a little to mean spirited. Gamers tend to be a little on the overeacting side when things dont go their way (not all of them) and i hope Anet takes nothing personally from this patch issue. (which an issue, is all it is and it will be fixed! you can bet on that!)

in Halloween Event

Posted by: gadenp.7586

gadenp.7586

@ Dlinks

Yes yes, I get it. The world revolves around America. All hail the American Empire and all that … … …

Anyways I am sure, that Anet will actual win alot of people over if they would at least put the top 3 times on their email correspondence.

For example:
So and so patch will be release on 6pm PST (x pm GMT, etc). This that so hard to do?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: jkw.9413

jkw.9413

It’s October 23rd, at 03:22 here in Sweden. Timezones sure f-up things.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Khanswrath.1032

Khanswrath.1032

Nothing has changed from GW1 people, sorry you weren’t there for any of those holiday launches. Calm down it is just a game, there will be more than just one day of the event. I promise. If your life is ruined and your day wasted, chalk it up to a life lesson and smile knowing you’ve become a little wiser.

Khanswrath-80 Thief [ODN]
“Do not argue with an idiot.
He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience. "

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Dra Keln.2015

Dra Keln.2015

I like comparing the quantity of impatience for this update, versus the quantity of gratitude when the game launched 3 full hours early :P

80 ele
Yaks Bend

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Amorphous.2160

Amorphous.2160

Impatient.. could have been worded differently.

I don’t understand the upset feelings over the word impatient. Too many people are in fact being impatient. What should they have said after being flamed by tons of people who frankly have no idea what is going on on their end or even what exactly is being pushed in this first major content update? Thank you for being so kind and understanding and patient? They shouldn’t have to mince words to protect IMPATIENT people’s feelings. People acting like Arena Net is the first MMORPG developer to be behind or late on a MAJOR content push (especially the first one, so soon after release) must not have been around the MMORPG block before, at all.

Intel i7 3.4GHz – 16GB RAM – MSi 560Ti 2GB – 9TB Total internal storage

in Halloween Event

Posted by: wemwem.2875

wemwem.2875

In regards to the impatient nature of the community. I am sorry if this response will seem simplistic, but if that is the case in your viewpoint on a free holiday update early in a young games life, then that is your right and stand point and prerogative. I do think I understand the desire for additional content and the excitement for a holiday festival/celebration/event. I know I feel a little lost now with full exotics and two level eighty characters and a third getting there. I really have to say , please show some respect to the level of design talent, artwork, completion and programing skill that has brought Halloween to the game in such a short time since launch. Thank you Miss Regina

in Halloween Event

Posted by: AvivKing.5863

AvivKing.5863

when this event start im live in israel and its 23/10 , 3:30 am here still nothing
if im not wrong israel is UTC +2:00
so im not realy sure when its start

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Mimizu.7340

Mimizu.7340

Can people stop telling Anet to use GMT? Its a game made by a NA developer, operating out of the west coast in Pacific time, and will use pacific time. Why should Americans have to figure out what GMT equals in their time zone?

Why should the rest of the world have to figure out PDT? GMT is the international standard, not PDT. The international standard doesn’t change based on “where you operate”.

as someone living on the Greenwich Meridian, i heartily applaud this.

GMT is the Zero line from which World time is derived.

Respect the line.

Mimizu Heavy Industries [Doll] – Underworld

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Dinks.2478

Dinks.2478

Considering They advertised it as the 23rd to Europeans and it is still fairly early in the night for Pacific time. They still haven’t failed to deliver their promise, and won’t for several hours.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Ellendi.6742

Ellendi.6742

They said they tried to use GMT and people were STILL confused and still felt the entitlement to have Arenanet to convert it for them. If you can’t google “What time is it in Los Angeles California” or “What time is it in Seattle Washington” then you have some serious problems.

in Halloween Event

Vasyl.5314

I like comparing the quantity of impatience for this update, versus the quantity of gratitude when the game launched 3 full hours early :P

lol I remember that
That and the glitches. We players love glitches.
WHY ARE THEY DENYING US GLITCHES T-T