When does the Halloween event start?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Amorphous.2160

Amorphous.2160

Considering They advertised it as the 23rd to Europeans and it is still fairly early in the night for Pacific time. They still haven’t failed to deliver their promise, and won’t for several hours.

Exactly.

Intel i7 3.4GHz – 16GB RAM – MSi 560Ti 2GB – 9TB Total internal storage

in Halloween Event

Posted by: OriensAstrum.5264

OriensAstrum.5264

Thank you for the update! Although I’m not on Pacific time and am a bit worried that I will be unable to enjoy the event before I have to sleep, I trust that the content will be released without a myriad of glitches and issues that will soil the experience.

I’d much rather wait longer than expected for the lot of this and have it rewarded with a smooth release than have instant gratification and be met with broken content.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Piecekeeper.4361

Piecekeeper.4361

Thanks for the update. I’m so anxious for the event to start!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Exumerr.3829

Exumerr.3829

Sorry guys, Halloween is cancelled!

Isle of Janthir
Kev McGev – Ranger PvE // Gladiator McGev – War PvE / WvW / PvP
Kuunavang Rising [KuRi] // Assured Mutual Destruction [ICBM]

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Shasow.1492

Shasow.1492

…Still waiting. Still disappointed.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Oni.6841

Oni.6841

Ok i hope this message gets through to those who are working on the patch. Please keep up the good work and i know yall are doing your best to get the patch to us as quickly as possible. Im sad to see so many angry comments on here and i understand the impatience and excitement that comes along with a new game, but some of these comments are a little to mean spirited. Gamers tend to be a little on the overeacting side when things dont go their way (not all of them) and i hope Anet takes nothing personally from this patch issue. (which an issue, is all it is and it will be fixed! you can bet on that!)

Otherwise known as… real life?

Jobs have deadlines. Without deadlines, nothing would get done. Being able to accurately judge a deadline so people aren’t scrambling is an asset. Sometimes deadlines get missed. Being able to communicate this and provide updates generally goes a long way to getting people to forget that a deadline was missed.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Dinks.2478

Dinks.2478

@ Dlinks

Yes yes, I get it. The world revolves around America. All hail the American Empire and all that … … …

Anyways I am sure, that Anet will actual win alot of people over if they would at least put the top 3 times on their email correspondence.

For example:
So and so patch will be release on 6pm PST (x pm GMT, etc). This that so hard to do?

Considering they didn’t give any specific time of the day, and they are just specifying that when it is launched it will still be the 22nd in pacific time. Yes it would be hard to do.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: samrogan.9132

samrogan.9132

How can anyone be mad at a statement that includes a smiley face?! Impatient doesn’t necessarily have negative undertones, it is what we are, imparient from excitement and there is nothing wrong with that.
I can understand the frustration from those who have changed plans and waited up for this patch. I can also respect those who are so very positive an understand what a big push it is to release something like this. I think all of the opinions here are valid (except the ones asking them to change the time zones, like seriously, Internet anyone?).

I for one am very excited for this release and look forward to seeing all the amazing work the team has put in. I wish only that we could all be civilized humans and enjoy the excitement together!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Narkosys.5173

Narkosys.5173

Very poor communication – the email blast shouldnt have gone out till it was live. It should have been stated that it wouldnt go live EST/EU on the 22nd.You should have said the 23 and there wouldnt have been an issue. I dont have an interest in the event but crystal clear time would have alleviated a lot of issues.
I would have preferred a working Orr myself.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Vegas.5790

Vegas.5790

Can people stop telling Anet to use GMT? Its a game made by a NA developer, operating out of the west coast in Pacific time, and will use pacific time. Why should Americans have to figure out what GMT equals in their time zone?

Why should the rest of the world have to figure out PDT? GMT is the international standard, not PDT. The international standard doesn’t change based on “where you operate”.

They said they tried to use GMT and people were STILL confused and still felt the entitlement to have Arenanet to convert it for them. If you can’t google “What time is it in Los Angeles California” or “What time is it in Seattle Washington” then you have some serious problems.

Exactly. It’s easy enough to find out PDT (or any other time zone). The entitlement of people to have everything their way is disgusting.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Ariane.5972

Ariane.5972

This is the most vague and badly laid out forum I have seen, I’m sure there are fansites doing a much better job and on that note I’m off to find one.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: manweru.8352

manweru.8352

all people are waiting for 22 late night, lol in EU is 23!

in Halloween Event

Dinks.2478

Can people stop telling Anet to use GMT? Its a game made by a NA developer, operating out of the west coast in Pacific time, and will use pacific time. Why should Americans have to figure out what GMT equals in their time zone?

Why should the rest of the world have to figure out PDT? GMT is the international standard, not PDT. The international standard doesn’t change based on “where you operate”.

Americans don’t deal with GMT time, why should we have to?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Mimizu.7340

Mimizu.7340

How can anyone be mad at a statement that includes a smiley face?!

well, that’s convinced me…

Respect the smiley.

Mimizu Heavy Industries [Doll] – Underworld

in Halloween Event

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

There are a lot of people who do not live in PST. I’m one of them. It is currently 9:20pm. It’s getting rather late.

Unfortunately, you can’t please every timezone. It’s impossible. Also, I think it’s slightly unreasonable to expect ANet to work through the early hours of the morning to make sure this event is successful.

And for the record, I’m at GMT and it’s currently 2.26am. I also have work.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: lorpe.4902

lorpe.4902

jesus christ guys, chill out.

in Halloween Event

Dinks.2478

Very poor communication – the email blast shouldnt have gone out till it was live. It should have been stated that it wouldnt go live EST/EU on the 22nd.You should have said the 23 and there wouldnt have been an issue. I dont have an interest in the event but crystal clear time would have alleviated a lot of issues.

European email said the 23rd. It is only 9:30 Eastern, there is still 2.5 hours until it is no longer a 22nd update. I don’t see what you’re crying about.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Sebyos.4089

Sebyos.4089

After introducing patches with countless bugs in every single one of them I was expecting Anet to do at least ONE thing well…

Sigh…

80 Norn Necromancer Max : JC, WS, TL, AT.
100% World completion.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Interitus.7548

Interitus.7548

EmperorCheng.9685:

I don’t understand why there are so many impatient people here. This content update is FREE… stop complaining.

Because this is a temporary event. People want to make sure they don’t miss out. If this was a permanent quest line, I’d agree no rush. But since this lasts for a limited amount of time people want to get started, especially if they want to do it on multiple character.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Vegas.5790

Vegas.5790

Except, y’know, **** happens. People would have complained about not being advised until the last minute if they went with your suggestion. And since you don’t have an interest, why don’t you go play in Orr and not post in the Halloween threads? Unless… of course… unless you really DO have an interest.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Arahzor.1832

Arahzor.1832

My conclusion is that we will wait 2h 30min more untill event goes live.

Arahor Aure [DVDF]

in Halloween Event

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

I’m not impatient nor annoyed, but as someone who has waited until 2.30 AM for possibly nothing, I agree that next time we should get more information earlier.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Cedara.9541

Cedara.9541

“Wulfgaard.4897
Seriously, just let them do it. If my kids were this irritating about it I’d make them wait until tomorrow.”
I totally agree lol

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Heylo.4938

Heylo.4938

Take your time! I have homework to do so I’m glad it hasn’t started yet Make sure it’s awesome.

Sickest Guild [NA] Blackgate

in Halloween Event

Posted by: jatobi.1756

jatobi.1756

So many people saying you did not pay for the content…

The quote unquote “free content” was included in your original purchase price.

-_-…

To the people talking about the impatient comment. People are upset because that is a very unprofessional approach to the problem. You don’t call your fans/customers “impatient.” You just don’t.

Again, this is all about PR. It should have been stated the 23rd, not the 22nd. As many people have stated. People work, you can’t expect them to stay up all night to be part of the opening event on something that should have been released earlier in the day.

Biggest problem: Not everyone lives in the PST. So people saying “it’s not even late!” You only know what revolves around you. Not what is happening around the world.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: FiachSidhe.3654

FiachSidhe.3654

@ Dlinks

Yes yes, I get it. The world revolves around America. All hail the American Empire and all that … … …

Anyways I am sure, that Anet will actual win alot of people over if they would at least put the top 3 times on their email correspondence.

For example:
So and so patch will be release on 6pm PST (x pm GMT, etc). This that so hard to do?

Or you know, you can stop pretending to be some, put upon, second class citizen and figure it out in like five seconds yourself.
http://www.timezoneconverter.com/cgi-bin/tzc.tzc

This isn’t about America being superior, you clownshoe. I guess they assumed you’re smart enough to tell time on your own.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Ellendi.6742

Ellendi.6742

My conclusion is that we will wait 2h 30min more untill event goes live.

Except it is only 6:32 PDT and they have more time….

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Umei.7052

Umei.7052

Ummm… ppls they did say to “not expect it until past midnight GMT” <(from their twitter feed posted at 5:02 am Oct 22 (today), and i think midnight GMT was an hour and a half-ish ago. :o

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Lynx Rufus Californicus.2958

Lynx Rufus Californicus.2958

All the self-entitled whinging going on in here, I’d be tempted to cancel the whole durned thing. Sheesh.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Shoki.8329

Shoki.8329

Seriously people, UK time is NOT GMT at the moment!

We are GMT + 1

It is NOT currently 2:30 GMT, it is 1:30 GMT.

Geez.

Wouldn’t matter what timezone ANET used, I bet more than half the people don’t have a clue what timezone they are in anyways.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Devinair.5273

Devinair.5273

Sometimes, i have to admit, it is a little funny how these kinds of problems can send so many people into such irratation that the forums become full of people just fighting with eachother

in Halloween Event

Amorphous.2160

European email said the 23rd. It is only 9:30 Eastern, there is still 2.5 hours until it is no longer a 22nd update. I don’t see what you’re crying about.

Actually, being that it’s only 6:31pm in the time zone that they stated, they are 5.5 from being a 23rd release and at that point being “late”. And for the folks in Europe, their communication clearly said it would be the 23rd for you all, not the 22nd. They aren’t even late yet and people are going completely off their rocker. I get that some people missed work or set aside time and want to play it, but it’s life, it happens.

in Halloween Event

Dinks.2478

So many people saying you did not pay for the content…

The quote unquote “free content” was included in your original purchase price.

-_-…

To the people talking about the impatient comment. People are upset because that is a very unprofessional approach to the problem. You don’t call your fans/customers “impatient.” You just don’t.

Again, this is all about PR. It should have been stated the 23rd, not the 22nd. As many people have stated. People work, you can’t expect them to stay up all night to be part of the opening event on something that should have been released earlier in the day.

Biggest problem: Not everyone lives in the PST. So people saying “it’s not even late!” You only know what revolves around you. Not what is happening around the world.

But it was stated for the 22nd PST. Europeans were told the 23rd (can only stress this so much) and as for EST time, the latest time NA players have to deal with, it is only 9:30, we still have over 2 hours until the 23rd. I fail to see the problem.

in Halloween Event

jatobi.1756

All the self-entitled whinging going on in here, I’d be tempted to cancel the whole durned thing. Sheesh.

It’s a good thing you’re not a company. You’d go out of business too fast.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Dresdoe.7503

Dresdoe.7503

I played Guild Wars for several years. Guild Wars 2 should first and foremost be a sequel to its predecessor. In the original Guild Wars when arenanet said an event would start they gave a very specific time. You could have made a countdown timer if you so chose. Guild Wars 2 on the other hand is showing to arenanets paying customers that their same attention to time is more than lacking. For instance, any typical Guild Wars event started at forgive me if I’m wrong but I think 6 a.m. Pacific Time so.. 8 a.m. or so in Texas where I live and I could count on that…EVERY time. I had planned on buying all of the gemstore halloween items, but now I don’t even know how many gems I will need and I wanted to be one of the first to be sporting one of these items. I have no clue when I will get to purchase them at all, unless you count before tomorrow. I believe “before tomorrow” is the most unsatisfactory timeframe I have ever heard of ever at all. Except perhaps “before I die.” So, arenanet I commend you on the quality of your game. I instead express immense displeasure with your communication and dedication to living up to the expectations of your dedicated gamers and we really deserve better than this next time.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Ellendi.6742

Ellendi.6742

Here here! “Kids! That is it! We’re done, you deserve NOTHING. We are going home.”

in Halloween Event

Posted by: amberlouise.9601

amberlouise.9601

I understand everyone’s excitement, but really? You don’t need to rearrange your lives to make room for a game, keeping you up at ridiculous times so you can then complain about having work the next day. That’s your problem. Not ANets. They’re trying.
I think they’re doing a great job, and their use of the word “impatient” is quite suitable.
Now, I’m going to go enjoy the game I paid money for, instead of wasting my time hating on ANet. Keep up the good work.
Now calm the kitten down.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: bwillb.2165

bwillb.2165

Arenanet HQ is in the Pacific time zone. They work on the content during the workday and then start the process of pushing it out towards evening. That’s not going to change. It has nothing to do with any sort of superiority or catering to certain crowds, it’s just what’s convenient for the developers.

in Halloween Event

Dinks.2478

Actually, being that it’s only 6:31pm in the time zone that they stated, they are 5.5 from being a 23rd release and at that point being “late”. And for the folks in Europe, their communication clearly said it would be the 23rd for you all, not the 22nd. They aren’t even late yet and people are going completely off their rocker. I get that some people missed work or set aside time and want to play it, but it’s life, it happens.

Ah right, I was referring only to EST players, not the patch being a 23rd in relation to it, but then EST players might have a bone to pick because we were told the 22nd, even then tho, it said 22nd PST. So nothing to say about it.

in Halloween Event

Amorphous.2160

I understand everyone’s excitement, but really? You don’t need to rearrange your lives to make room for a game, keeping you up at ridiculous times so you can then complain about having work the next day. That’s your problem. Not ANets. They’re trying.
I think they’re doing a great job, and their use of the word “impatient” is quite suitable.
Now, I’m going to go enjoy the game I paid money for, instead of wasting my time hating on ANet. Keep up the good work.
Now calm the kitten down.

+1.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Magnetic Turtle.2647

Magnetic Turtle.2647

For those people wondering why being there at release matters I just want to say “if you’re not first you’re last”.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: SgtMarple.3025

SgtMarple.3025

Sooo EU gets screwed again. Not only did all European messages say it starts on the 22nd…now at 3.36 GMT we will not see it in the till the very morning. Thanks again for showing so much “care” for us in the EU

in Halloween Event

jatobi.1756

But it was stated for the 22nd PST. Europeans were told the 23rd (can only stress this so much) and as for EST time, the latest time NA players have to deal with, it is only 9:30, we still have over 2 hours until the 23rd. I fail to see the problem.

You must live with mom and dad and not work….and if you do work, you definitely don’t work during the day.

Some people have to get up early AM for work.

If you don’t see the problem….I know why.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Cedara.9541

Cedara.9541

Considering I am also in Texas I do think you may be jumping the gun a bit here….. still 3.5 hours “before tomorrow” >.>

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Kadin.1980

Kadin.1980

Yay, can’t wait to play! Oh and GO GIANTS!!!!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: xerisis.9036

xerisis.9036

I’m just impatient and eagerly awaiting the update!!!!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: SgtMarple.3025

SgtMarple.3025

FYI the german side still says the 22nd…

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Clobimon.9652

Clobimon.9652

I’ve said this before… How hard is it for anyone to remember the time difference between where you are and ANet? I’m two hours ahead of them. I’ve known that from the very first time I logged into Guild Wars over seven years ago. It shouldn’t take more than ONE TIME of looking it up (if you have to even do that) to remember forever. If you’re going to be playing the game then make a point to know it. Even if ANet does list GMT or whatever as well it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to remember one little thing such as this. I swear humans are devolving more rapidly than anyone believes.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Lynx Rufus Californicus.2958

Lynx Rufus Californicus.2958

It’s a good thing you’re not a company. You’d go out of business too fast.

I hear you. For some reason, my whinometer was pegged before I even got in here.

In honesty, though, working for myself is the best thing I’ve ever done.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Pallu.3120

Pallu.3120

i think they forgot that we are indeed oct 22th.. or maybe they’re going by another calendar. ;P