When does the Halloween event start?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Kaspanova.7293

Kaspanova.7293

Seriously people, UK time is NOT GMT at the moment!

We are GMT + 1

It is NOT currently 2:30 GMT, it is 1:30 GMT.

Its 2:30 in the UK right now. I’m in it. and releasing an update at 4-5am really craps on your EU playerbase.

I don’t get why we have EU and US servers, I really dont

Caskia – The Small Norn

in Halloween Event

Posted by: DJSkittles.7196

DJSkittles.7196

OMG im in!

15 characters

in Halloween Event

Posted by: ocfallwind.4821

ocfallwind.4821

Just wonder why couldn’t they give us a specific time. Is it like they are not sure when will they be ready for it, so they have to push it as late as possible?
It’s only a 24 hour timeframe thing (by 22nd Oct). Does that remind you of our school days? Desperately doing what we can to finish the project before deadline. We couldn’t tell when can we finish it, except that we had to finish it before deadline.
I am starting to worry about ANet’s capability. Since launch everything is like out of their control and overwhelming them.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Chris.7653

Chris.7653

I saw an ANet post saying it was coming at midnight for European players to everyone…that was a while ago so, where is it?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Dinks.2478

Dinks.2478

But it was stated for the 22nd PST. Europeans were told the 23rd (can only stress this so much) and as for EST time, the latest time NA players have to deal with, it is only 9:30, we still have over 2 hours until the 23rd. I fail to see the problem.

You must live with mom and dad and not work….and if you do work, you definitely don’t work during the day.

Some people have to get up early AM for work.

If you don’t see the problem….I know why.

I wake up at 7 am, and work a 9 – 5 job. I fail to see your logic? If I play a couple of hours tonight. Or not it won’t matter. They never said it would happen in the day time. On the contrary their twitter post said the opposite. They said it would be happening some time after at least midnight GMT. You all convinced yourselves it would happen so early, then you got upset when the arbitrary time you told yourself didn’t happen. Get over it.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: wemwem.2875

wemwem.2875

@mimizu…“respect the line”..hehehe i may start using that when people are tardy

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Interitus.7548

Interitus.7548

Americans don’t deal with GMT time, why should we have to?

Of course it is. Everything from American military operations to timezones. All use +/- UTC. (GMT). I live on the West Coast, and to make PDT a standard is just odd. There is nothing West of us (except Alaska) until you hit Hawaii with New Zealand being the next major population. That’s all ocean. Even using Eastern time would make more sense as it is closer to being even with both the EU and West coast. Which probably contains more players than Alaska, Hawaii and New Zealand

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Jabberwock.9014

Jabberwock.9014

Wow, I don’t think I’ve ever seen the start time for anything phrased as a day followed by time zone. Can you imagine if tv shows just said “catch it the 23rd, 22nd central!” XD

Get stoned whenever you want:
Endless Petrification Tonic

in Halloween Event

Posted by: jatobi.1756

jatobi.1756

All the self-entitled whinging going on in here, I’d be tempted to cancel the whole durned thing. Sheesh.

It’s a good thing you’re not a company. You’d go out of business too fast.

I hear you. For some reason, my whinometer was pegged before I even got in here.

In honesty, though, working for myself is the best thing I’ve ever done.

How long did the business last? Couldn’t have lasted long with the mentality of yours.

“Wheres my product?”

“It’s gone, I give up, you whine too much”

…yeah, I see that going real well =P.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Morgoth.4573

Morgoth.4573

Actually I got 2 emails from Anet. One stating the 22nd and another stating the 23rd. I live in the UK. Should I be confused or not?

Also ADD GMT TO YOUR TIME ZONES as well as any others that are common.

And give a better time-frame for major patches/events like this please!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: HTS.1267

HTS.1267

Weird…I’m in Texas too.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Taiance.6213

Taiance.6213

Can people stop telling Anet to use GMT? Its a game made by a NA developer, operating out of the west coast in Pacific time, and will use pacific time. Why should Americans have to figure out what GMT equals in their time zone?

Why should the rest of the world have to figure out PDT? GMT is the international standard, not PDT. The international standard doesn’t change based on “where you operate”.

Dense is dense but stay with me here and try this out for size… it may actually make it past the skull, seeing your own words to spell it out for you…

Europeans don’t deal with PDT time, why should WE have to?

IE Anet wouldn’t kill anyone to say “xyz time PDT (XYZ GMT/ XYZ UTC)” would that really irk an American so much?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Dra Keln.2015

Dra Keln.2015

Its their FIRST major update. They’ve never had to do anything like this with the current engine. Give them the time they need to make sure its done right. You waited 5 years, you can afford another 5 hours for the same standards

80 ele
Yaks Bend

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Shoki.8329

Shoki.8329

Yes it is 2:30 in the UK right now, and we probably wont have the update until after 8AM, but that wasn’t my point.

People are saying that UK time is GMT, and it is not.

So what good would it be if ANET posted the times in GMT when people still think GMT and UK time are the same thing when they are not?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Penguin King.7219

Penguin King.7219

It is currently 02:40 BST (Here). “Oh no” I may miss the start of the event. So? By the time I’m back online, later today, it will of given error 42 a chance to go back in to hiding.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Mimizu.7340

Mimizu.7340

@wemwem: feel free

Mimizu Heavy Industries [Doll] – Underworld

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Behemoth Zero.1786

Behemoth Zero.1786

I find it funny how selfish all of you children are (and no matter how old you are, if you’re in here whining about free content, then you’re children.) I doubt many of you know how much it costs to run a server. The fact that you get to play every day without paying any kind of fee is awesome. With WoW, you had to pay for the game, AND pay a monthly fee to keep playing, AND they had paid DLC.
So stop whining. It will get here when it gets here.

THANKS A-NET!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Ellendi.6742

Ellendi.6742

Just wonder why couldn’t they give us a specific time. Is it like they are not sure when will they be ready for it, so they have to push it as late as possible?
It’s only a 24 hour timeframe thing (by 22nd Oct). Does that remind you of our school days? Desperately doing what we can to finish the project before deadline. We couldn’t tell when can we finish it, except that we had to finish it before deadline.
I am starting to worry about ANet’s capability. Since launch everything is like out of their control and overwhelming them.

Welcome to the real world, things happen, stuff comes up, game breaking bugs show up in the beta and things get pushed back. I rather them put out something that doesn’t kill my game than push it for people who can’t wait. Would you like a game that is like Dead Island? Or something that actually works like Dragon Age: Origins?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Actua.7521

Actua.7521

I imagine Guild Wars 2’s infrastructure is significantly more complicated than Guild Wars 1’s. It’s real easy to point fingers, make assumptions, and be cynical.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Dizzle.5289

Dizzle.5289

Thanks for the update Anet, eagerly anticipating the aforementioned Halloween Event

in Halloween Event

Posted by: zaxziakohl.5243

zaxziakohl.5243

Okay, to be entirely honest. I was really hoping that the update would be the morning of the 22nd ( about 20 hours ago)HOWEVER…..

Every update they have made to the game in the past few weeks, or every server side maintenance that has been announced, has happened on Monday night PST, usually around 10 or 11.

It stands to reason that they would stick with that with this update as well.

I do wish they would announce the actual time, they do do that for the other updates, why not for this one….but it’s not unexpected that this is the time they would do it, even if it’s not necessarily desirable.

The announcement leaves a little to be desired, the actual implementation? Well they are following what in the past month has become standard…

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Virulis.2683

Virulis.2683

But it was stated for the 22nd PST. Europeans were told the 23rd (can only stress this so much) and as for EST time, the latest time NA players have to deal with, it is only 9:30, we still have over 2 hours until the 23rd. I fail to see the problem.

You must live with mom and dad and not work….and if you do work, you definitely don’t work during the day.

Some people have to get up early AM for work.

If you don’t see the problem….I know why.

This isn’t a one day/night event. It will be there when you come back from work tomorrow.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Zanryu.3417

Zanryu.3417

Oh, cool. More Texans. ANet’s servers aren’t based in our state and I doubt they’re in the same time zone. It could very well be the 22nd for them when it’s the 23rd for us. I assume the event will start after they bring the game down to be patched as they always do on Mondays.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Devinair.5273

Devinair.5273

ANet is smaller than some other companies and yes the draw to this game was not only shocking to them but many companies in general. They are not a conglomerate giant who shells out a full new game everyyear (cough…Blizzard…cough cough) Their small but their work and care is exceptional. I know there is a wait but its their first ever real game update and holiday event, and you can bet we are waiting so that quality is ensured.

in Halloween Event

jatobi.1756

I wake up at 7 am, and work a 9 – 5 job. I fail to see your logic? If I play a couple of hours tonight. Or not it won’t matter. They never said it would happen in the day time. On the contrary their twitter post said the opposite. They said it would be happening some time after at least midnight GMT. You all convinced yourselves it would happen so early, then you got upset when the arbitrary time you told yourself didn’t happen. Get over it.

Because….

The Shadow of the Mad King falls across Tyria later this afternoon

and

ACT 1 of the “Shadow of the Mad King” update will go live late this afternoon (Pacific time)

typically means…afternoon, not evening? =P.

And you’re forgetting, it’s not just people on west coast, or the east coast, it’s people outside of the states as well.

Or…did you forget that?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Ellendi.6742

Ellendi.6742

Can people stop telling Anet to use GMT? Its a game made by a NA developer, operating out of the west coast in Pacific time, and will use pacific time. Why should Americans have to figure out what GMT equals in their time zone?

Why should the rest of the world have to figure out PDT? GMT is the international standard, not PDT. The international standard doesn’t change based on “where you operate”.

Dense is dense but stay with me here and try this out for size… it may actually make it past the skull, seeing your own words to spell it out for you…

IE Anet wouldn’t kill anyone to say “xyz time PDT (XYZ GMT/ XYZ UTC)” would that really irk an American so much?

Does it kill you to type into google “What time is it in Seattle Washington”? Seriously? I have to do it when I deal with my friends from Europe or my friends in California or my friends in Australia. You aren’t special, stop acting like it. Seriously, the time in Seattle Washington is now 6:42pm.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Presbytier.3915

Presbytier.3915

I am not from Texas…

“Never pay more than 20 bucks for a computer game.”-Guybrush Threepwood

in Halloween Event

Dinks.2478

I present you https://twitter.com/GuildWars2/status/260350442876334080

The twitter post from way earlier today where they not only gave you a GMT time to consider as an earliest time, but since I’ve seen a European email blast that stated the 23rd as the date. I see no problem here.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: wolfdemonboy.7694

wolfdemonboy.7694

Well we can’t wait! good game! hope to try it soon!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Myth And Heroism.2896

Myth And Heroism.2896

To clarify, the majority of us are not feeling impatient, Regina. Just excited for the first official event.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Shasow.1492

Shasow.1492

6:43PM and still nothing. Getting very mad here.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: amberlouise.9601

amberlouise.9601

I find it funny how selfish all of you children are (and no matter how old you are, if you’re in here whining about free content, then you’re children.) I doubt many of you know how much it costs to run a server. The fact that you get to play every day without paying any kind of fee is awesome. With WoW, you had to pay for the game, AND pay a monthly fee to keep playing, AND they had paid DLC.
So stop whining. It will get here when it gets here.

THANKS A-NET!

Yesss.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: ClayQuintanar.6387

ClayQuintanar.6387

Thank you so much Regina! Finally a statement from Arena Net!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Kaspanova.7293

Kaspanova.7293

Yes it is 2:30 in the UK right now, and we probably wont have the update until after 8AM, but that wasn’t my point.

So what good would it be if ANET posted the times in GMT when people still think GMT and UK time are the same thing when they are not?

This is true. BST until Sunday 28th.

Caskia – The Small Norn

in Halloween Event

Posted by: drgheart.3924

drgheart.3924

When did a video game company especially an MMO company post events and other things on any time outside of their specific time. Arena Net is PDT so why would anything be posted in any other time? Anyways I can’t wait until the event starts. I just wish I had some keys or at least gems to buy keys lol. Oh well Maybe I’ll luck up and get some before the event ends.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Penguin King.7219

Penguin King.7219

It’s not GMT again until this Sat.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Lala.7861

Lala.7861

I just bought the game yesturday.. I saw the preview of this event and I thought “cool”. Well Im super excited to see this event!!

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Artasian Nosferatu.3516

Artasian Nosferatu.3516

All the self-entitled whinging going on in here, I’d be tempted to cancel the whole durned thing. Sheesh.

Even if they used GMT, most of the people you see here would still be complaining. As has been stated before, you can’t please everyone. They choose PST because this is where they are based, and this will almost always take advantage over any other timezone which, if chosen, would result in an equal amount of people upset.

Also, to everyone who thinks that “impatient” is a word of rude meaning, I suggest you stop being a pansy.

(edited by Artasian Nosferatu.3516)

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Basics.8791

Basics.8791

While i’m annoyed with the fact they wont give us a set time(Theyve been planning this for how long?) I just really hope this change this for future events.

in Halloween Event

Dinks.2478

Because….

The Shadow of the Mad King falls across Tyria later this afternoon

and

ACT 1 of the “Shadow of the Mad King” update will go live late this afternoon (Pacific time)

typically means…afternoon, not evening? =P.

And you’re forgetting, it’s not just people on west coast, or the east coast, it’s people outside of the states as well.

Or…did you forget that?

Did you forget that the Europeans were told the 23rd? if they want to assume a specific time, that is on them.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Kadin.1980

Kadin.1980

I really hate that the people who whine and * the loudest are the ones that leave the worst impression of the community. Many of us are ok with waiting and yet ANet will never really know that… smh

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Twi.9430

Twi.9430

And this is why Anet will likely never offer a time for release ever again. Interwebz has entitlement issues. xD

Previews have me excited in any case, so, hopefully I can carve out some decent time to play this week!

shot dead for horrible punkin pun

in Halloween Event

Posted by: blue.8629

blue.8629

We are GMT + 1

Its 2:30 in the UK right now. I’m in it. and releasing an update at 4-5am really craps on your EU playerbase.

Are you kidding?! At this time the majority okitten players are in bed for example?! While most US are up? Seriously, how can you not understand US and EU servers?!?!

Blue… My name is a colour.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Samooryesord.2017

Samooryesord.2017

Whats up with everyone complaining about the event not being up yet? They are giving us an entire week to enjoy it, what the heck is everyone going crazy about when it starts? I’m happy they are doing it at all! I’d be happy with just a weekend event.

The Halloween event will come, just enjoy the game or play something else if you’re that bored. Don’t complain about something that you’re getting for free. You paid for Guild Wars 2.. I don’t remember paying for an immediate launch of a holiday event when they promised us it would start. They said 22nd.. that could very well be 11:59 PM tonight. And I don’t mind that at all. So stop demanding answers and acting like you’re some all mighty paying customer. This game is F2P last time I checked. If this happened in a P2P game.. I could understand complaining just a little bit. But this is really getting ridiculous.

in Halloween Event

jatobi.1756

Even if they used GMT, most of the people you see here would still be complaining. As has been stated before, you can’t please everyone. They choose PST because this is where they are based, and this will almost always take advantage over any other timezone which, if chosen, would result in an equal amount of people upset.

lolwat? That has nothing to do with that post…lol

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Fester.7863

Fester.7863

so, those of us that work in est will not really be able to play much, unless we want to forgo sleep, untill the 23rd. when i heard the 22nd, i was of the thought sometime in the afternoon. i was expecting to be able to have it when i got home from work and have a full evening to play, silly me.

in Halloween Event

Dinks.2478

We are GMT + 1

Are you kidding?! At this time the majority okitten players are in bed for example?! While most US are up? Seriously, how can you not understand US and EU servers?!?!

They base the update time around their work hours? This is somehow unacceptable to you?

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Wolfey.3407

Wolfey.3407

BREAKING NEWS
You can tell what time it is PST wise IN GAME
$%^&*()_
Such a top secret feature big deal hush hush
Game Menu → In Game Clock → Server Time
There you go champs
Ill let that settle into your empty nerd raged minds
/Troll rage

p.s. it doesn’t matter what time zone ANET places content in… people will still cry and carry on. The russians will complain its not in their time, the brits will complain, the germans will complain, the ausies will complain, the kitten will complain the Chinese will complain, the cubans will complain, the americans will complain, the Canadians will complain. Its a lose-lose-lose situation just learn how to use a basic in game feature and relax.

Deep Breath in…..
Deep Breath out…
Deep Breath in…..
Deep Breath out…
Deep Breath in…..
Deep Breath out…

Feel better now?

Former PvP Forum Specialist
2015-2016
Fort Aspenwood

in Halloween Event

Posted by: coglin.1496

coglin.1496

got a link to the information your stating you saw?

Poor craftsman blame their tools. Poor players blame their Engineer.

in Halloween Event

Posted by: Ageia.5843

Ageia.5843

It amazes me that otherwise intelligent, good natured, good hearted people can become so misguided if a game company has a little issue and has to hold a patch for a few hours. END OF THE WORLD!!!11!