Rate the Humans name above you

in Human

Posted by: Freebah.7390

Freebah.7390

Quite simple just a mark out of 10 with a quick reason as to why.
Then leave your charecters name for others to rate.

My Human charecter is a Guardian who is called Pro Techtor

Thought it was quite whitty and a nice play on words

in Human

Posted by: Helos.3215

Helos.3215

1 – for the pun, atroscious as it is.

My Theif is called Luca Da Firenze (Lucas is my real name c:)

in Human

Posted by: stratgan.2638

stratgan.2638

8 – Not a bad name. It has depth, meaning for yourself, and has an exotic feel to it. I like it.

Mine is Stratgan Ronilar, a ranger who is closely modeled after Strider from LoTR.

in Human

Posted by: Creed.3258

Creed.3258

9 – great name, but I had a problem pronouncing it Lol
Mine is “Sir Alex Von Lican” a guardian who embraced the darkness to protect the light.. my girlfriends brother’s name is Alex, and when I created the toon he was bugging me to use his name lol

Just because I don’t care doesn’t mean that I don’t understand.

in Human

Posted by: OTGBionicArm.2417

OTGBionicArm.2417

7 – A bit lengthy, but it’s a good name. And an interesting take on a guardian. :p

My human is a female Necromancer named “Lorelei Sirendell”; The concept of her overall characterization and name is based off the mythical “Siren”; beautiful women who lure sailors to their demise with their beauty and songs, and “Lorelei” is an area in a river that this supposedly happened.

in Human

Posted by: Irieatris.4207

Irieatris.4207

9- has depth and easy on the ears, and on top of that nice connection to the necromancer in you =P

My human is a female Thief named " Irieuvial Van Liss" irie stands for pleasant, while uvial is a nice ending. as for the “Van Liss” it a character from a book I like

in Human

Posted by: Weindrasi.3805

Weindrasi.3805

10/10 for Irieuvial, because it’s so unique. I tire of seeing nonsense names and stuff like LegolasXOXOX day after day. It’s nice when someone puts real effort and imagination into their character names Great job!

My humans:

Nergal Junior—I always create a character with this name. He’s based off a cartoon character by the same name from The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy. He was always my favorite as a kid, and remains so into adulthood.

Kimara Lostsoul—Roughly based off a character I’m writing for a novel in progress.

Wynne Gautr—She was originally meant to be a Norn, which is where the name Wynne came from. But I changed my mind. Her last name “Gautr” means “goth”—which I chose after picking the goth-girl face for her in CC

in Human

Posted by: Saidor.7028

Saidor.7028

I tried to name my Engineer Bob the Builder but it wouldn’t let me.

in Human

Posted by: jboynton.7894

jboynton.7894

One of my toons is named Bantha Poodoo.

in Human

Posted by: DrSparkles.5360

DrSparkles.5360

Bantha Poodoo: Sorry but I have to give you -3 as I suspect the poster above me saw it in SWTOR and upon realizing it was already taken over there decided to port it into GW2.

-3 for originality

DrSparkles | Guard | Warr | Mes | DERP @ GoM

in Human

Posted by: Nex.2450

Nex.2450

Dante Auditore
Inspiration came from two of the coolest characters in games. Dante is from the Devil May Cry series, and Auditore is from Ezio Auditore from Assassin’s Creed. My character’s appearance is modeled after Dante’s, and the popped collar on his coat while dual wielding pistols makes him look incredibly alike to Dante. And yes, my character is a thief.

Dante Auditore – Maguuma
[SWäG] – Still Winning and Grinning
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NCfDCOPGnc

in Human

Posted by: Rend.6854

Rend.6854

10/10 – very good name , which suits a human thief . I like it.
my human warrior named Flint Morder i just came up with it while creating the character thought its a good name for a noble warrior.

in Human

Posted by: xWESTsidex.4980

xWESTsidex.4980

6/10- It sounds very nice. Not bad. My necro is named Ted Mosby Architect. I hope some people see the reference and also because necro’s “create” life i a way (Architect reference to creating buildings.)

Lvl 80 Ranger. Lvl 80 Necro.
Officer of Warriors and Rebels [WaR]
Gate of Madness

in Human

Posted by: OTGBionicArm.2417

OTGBionicArm.2417

^huehuehue. You should have made him an Engineer. Would have fit better.

Do you have a guild called Mosbius Designs?

in Human

Posted by: Nergrom.7592

Nergrom.7592

0/10 no name was given!

My female human’s name is Theodora Nyx. Just popped up randomly in my head.

in Human

Posted by: Luizfvb.4823

Luizfvb.4823

7/10 i don’t like this Theodora,but Nyx is a pretty name

My male human is Píologo Preto

in Human

Posted by: BunnytheSwordsman.4173

BunnytheSwordsman.4173

7/10

I like the first name, but not so much the last name. The first nam is just fun to say.

My human ranger is Basil Wilding. >w>

in Human

Posted by: Morpholomew.8357

Morpholomew.8357

7.5/10. It’s a solid name, though it makes me think of Italian food.

My human ranger is called Jyhmes Attrap. The first and last names are both based on (but not directly taken from) names from two different characters I’ve played in tabletop games before.

in Human

Posted by: Mordanon Vihl.7621

Mordanon Vihl.7621

8. It’s unique and has an RP feel to it, which I deeply respect (I couldn’t stand to have a name that was like “No0B SlaY3R” or anything that isn’t a NAME! Haha!).

My human Elementalist is called Wrythe Orynn.

in Human

Posted by: Florgknight.1589

Florgknight.1589

I feel like there is some intense wordplay going on in your name, Wrythe makes me think Writhe, but Orynn I have no idea of it it is there. 9/10

My human mesmer is Lillian Laeln.

in Human

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

It sounds like a pretty common name, I think it sounds pretty swett and very Human like.

9/10 from me.

My Human Guardian is named Godric Holt.

in Human

Posted by: Tael.5432

Tael.5432

7/10 for Godric Holt, it is a human name there’s no disputing that, “Holt” also reminded me of a Prime-Minister of Australia over 50 years ago called “Harrold Holt” xD

My Human Elementalist is named Princesss Zelda.

Fairy Tael – Elementalist

in Human

Posted by: Death Reincarnated.3570

Death Reincarnated.3570

I give 7/10 for Princess Zelda. I feel nostalgia when I see parts of that epic N64 game used in current videos games.

I use an elementalist named Einsteintenius.

It comes from putting together Albert Einstein’s first name and the word ‘instantaneous’. Apparently nothing can travel faster than light, which would suggest that it would occur instantaneously lol.

Proud member of Legion of Honour XIII

Do not click this link!

in Human

Posted by: Vey.8314

Vey.8314

9/10, very creative name.

My Human is an Elementalist named Veyera (pronounced Veh-Air-Ah).
Her name was Victoria Eirys, born to a noble family of Kryta. However, after storming off to find her sister’s killer against her father’s orders to remain hidden so that same thing didn’t happen to her, she doned the name Veyera.

Arya Ivorywolf – 80 Norn Ranger
Veyera – 80 Human Elementalist
Leader of the Ivorywolf Clan [Maguuma]

in Human

Posted by: Leowan.4389

Leowan.4389

10/10 – for Veyera, great name and the lore behind it puts it over the top for me.

My Human is a Guardian named Agusta Steelton. It’s a name I created back in 1983 when I started playing pen and paper Dungeons & Dragons.

Leowan (Ranger) / Patrel Braveling (Thief) / Agusta Steelton (Guardian) / Danner Braveling (Warrior)

in Human

Posted by: DigitalKirin.9714

DigitalKirin.9714

8/10 – I like the name Steelton, just that Agusta feels weird to me without a u between the A and g. Big props to you, however, for sticking with a name for so long… 29 years is quite a history for a character.

My human warrior is named Genevieve Talbot. She is also named after a D&D character that I’ve had (both as NPC and PC in games), though only for about ten or so years. The Talbot name originates from the classic ’41 Wolfman movie with John Talbot.

One of my Alts is Genevieve, a wolf-looking Charr (which is her werewolf form o_o)-b).

Genevieve Talbot [NP] – Noble Phantasm on Stormbluff Isle

in Human

Posted by: Ushiromiya Xyrius.1470

Ushiromiya Xyrius.1470

8/10 for “Talbot” and the original idea of the werewolf-form of your own char

I named my Mesmer Xyr Cherubina, my Ranger Shirayuki Aline
I have always used “Cherubi” as my nickname in games (not Cherubi as a pokemon, but from Cherubim -if you haven’t heard of it, try google, it works well) thus I tried my best to convert it to be a female name (because human females are awesome… -if you know what i mean-)

and for Shirayuki Aline, I love the whiteness of snow, meaning Shirayuki in Japanese. Aline? 50% randomness and 50% because it sounds like Arin in Pangya (an online golf game)

there, critics and suggestions, please? tyvm
:D

Ecchishin – Xyr Cherubina (Human Mesmer)
Ecchishin – Shirayuki Aline (Norn Ranger)

(edited by Ushiromiya Xyrius.1470)

in Human

Posted by: knives.6345

knives.6345

9/10 – Xyr, I like it. :p

Mine’s simple. November Mae.

November = November Annabella Terra, from Starcraft 2.
Mae = just because I can’t make “Annabella” fit. O_O

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

in Human

Posted by: Nitcheam.9407

Nitcheam.9407

November Mae 8/10 .. I like it, I always like names with months though

I got me a Necro named Serthe. Kinda like Cher, you know, one name and all.

in Human

Posted by: Aimster.2087

Aimster.2087

9/10 sounds cool! it rolls of the tongue

Mine is a female ranger called Boutte (pronounced Bow-oot)

in Human

Posted by: Thia.4891

Thia.4891

7/10 Pretty good, but I, personally, prefer surnames.

My Noble Female Mesmer is named Myrin Crowneguarde.

(Sigurdas MoonEyes and Ronja) (Myrin Crowneguarde) (Yarza Steelfang) (Luqq) (Nevnia)

in Human

Posted by: SandsOfArrakis.2309

SandsOfArrakis.2309

That sounds awesome 9/10

I have 4 characters so far. All share the surname Adaryn. Which is a Welsh name and means Bird.

My 2 human characters are both females. And I’ve named them Kahlan (Elementalist) and Kyrie (Ranger).

Kahlan is named after my favourite character from the Legend of the Seeker series. And Kyrie is named after one of my favourite songs (Kyrie by Mr. Mister).

So it’s Kahlan Adaryn and Kyrie Adaryn

in Human

Posted by: Springfield.7052

Springfield.7052

Cool name. I like the name Kyrie 8/10

I spent hours trying to find an unique name, but unfortunately, I can’t.

I chose Lass Isolet (Thief). It’s a name of a character from a game called Grand Chase. In that game, He’s also a thief. I based the apperance of my character from him. And from what i know, Lass means Thief in arabic

in Human

Posted by: Pewienpan.5168

Pewienpan.5168

Sorry to say it, but for me Isolet sound kinda like toilet, so no more than 4/10.
And again, sorry…

My ranger’s named Jon Darkwood. Jon’s after the greatest “Song of Ice and Fire” charakter, and Darkwood in my opinion is a great surname for a ranger.

Celestial scrubs, just die already…

in Human

Posted by: Melchior.2135

Melchior.2135

Sorry to say it, but for me Isolet sound kinda like toilet, so no more than 4/10.
And again, sorry…

My ranger’s named Jon Darkwood. Jon’s after the greatest “Song of Ice and Fire” charakter, and Darkwood in my opinion is a great surname for a ranger.

Jon Darkwood makes me think of Jim Darkmagic from Penny Arcade’s D&D Podcasts, which is a pretty excellent thing to make a guy think of! 8/10!

My Elementalist is Melchior Caradoc.

The first name is Hebrew or Old Persian, and by tradition in many Christian denominations is believed to be the name of one of the Three Wise Men who came from the East to pay tribute to Jesus as an infant. It roughly means “King of the City”. It’s popped up now and then as a first name with that spelling in England and Germany, and with similar spellings through much of the rest of Europe, but hasn’t been fashionable for almost a century. The last name Caradoc is the English form of the Welsh “Caradwg”, which means “beloved”, and was the name of a minor figure in the Arthurian myths.

I mainly selected it because I liked the sound – dignified, but intense. And then it had all this sweet history attached!

Former Guild Wars 2 fan. RIP, ArenaNet’s integrity.

in Human

Posted by: MuffinOrama.7531

MuffinOrama.7531

9/10, because nothing’s perfect but it sounds elegant you put way more effort into it than most. :P

I have a female ranger called Nirra Aernis. The first name is something I thought up which sounds fitting to a fantasy-esque person and the last name is a condensed/corrupted version of the username of a frequenter of an RP forum I used to visit.

in Human

Posted by: Counciler.7438

Counciler.7438

8/10 for Nirra Aernis. Easy to say first name, which is important for realistic character interaction!

Marcus Tyber, male warrior

in Human

Posted by: Rannug.2731

Rannug.2731

Mine, I am afraid, are not as original as some of the above. I keep using the first two letters of the first name from myself, my wife and two kids. My current human Mesmer name is: Migu Anto
My rangers name is Tomiangu but she is a Norn so don’t rate that one

Edit: Totally forgot to rate my above… Marcus Tyber.. I think it fits the lore very well.. kind of a Roman/Greek name too.. I like.. 8.5/10

(edited by Rannug.2731)

in Human

Posted by: Loso.6803

Loso.6803

8/10 not bad name

I have guardian and she is called Eirika Mendez

in Human

Posted by: Mirdave.2014

Mirdave.2014

female Mesmer – Milla Mindslaver (from Milla Jovovich)
female Elementalist – Lushia Ethergreed

in Human

Posted by: vivalawar.5196

vivalawar.5196

9/10 on both names Mirdave

Male Elementalist – Vivalawar (im french irl)

in Human

Posted by: Palle.7523

Palle.7523

5/10

Not really sure how to pronounce it, and doesen’t really seem to fit the lore.

My Male Warrior is called Eadmund Blackwold

in Human

Posted by: Master Yi.6129

Master Yi.6129

6/10
Some obscure novel character name…?

Mine automatically loses: Do Not Attack Teemo

in Human

Posted by: Weirdestuser.5387

Weirdestuser.5387

Male ranger – Baer Grylls
Male thief – Butch DeLoria

in Human

Posted by: Hurter.9186

Hurter.9186

I’m gonna give Baer a 9, half because I have not yet seen a “Bear Grylls” joke, the other half because I believe it does fit well, even in terms of him being a ranger. I don’t think Butch fits too well, considering the name but I’ll still give it a 7 because I like the last name.

Ok, my male thief is named Gareth Barbdagger also, I searched up Gareth, it means gentle. Barbdagger I just think that it fit him being a Thief.

in Human

Posted by: Originalname.2843

Originalname.2843

Gareth Barbdagger gets a 8.5, fits the thief character. Its actually sort of reminds me of my thiefs name, Shade Darkblade

World – Gate of Madness

in Human

Posted by: zallis.2138

zallis.2138

8- I like the sound of Shade Darkblade

I have Zallis (Thief) and Zotash (Guardian). they are made to look like brothers.

Information about New Outriders
en.guildwars2.com/forum/guilds/recruitment/New-OutRiders-NOR-Recruitment-Post/first#post2721974

in Human

Posted by: Jericho.4521

Jericho.4521

Gotta give zallis an 8, sounds good and original. Bonus points to you if you chose the “street rat” storyline!

I have two chars right now: Malach Galthena (Elementalist), Jericho Durai (Necro)
Both are a tribute to FFT, my all time favorite game

in Human

Posted by: Merely Vile.4768

Merely Vile.4768

Gotta give both those names a 10 because FFT is my all time favorite game too!

Proud member of Children of Clow- Accepting new guild members- Message me for further information

in Human

Posted by: WingedWolfy.5621

WingedWolfy.5621

0/10 no name given sorry Merely Vile.

Female Ele – Mako Scarlet

Wolfy Fluffypaw – S/D Thief – Desolation
Guilds – [ID] / [Perv] / [HUGS]