[Request] : Human Hairstyle

in Human

Posted by: Mint Rain.6798

Mint Rain.6798

Alright so I know that during the assault each race got three new hairstyles. It’s super appreciated! A lot of people really like them.

However, this request is to give human females (and male?) a regular ponytail. Now I know, “But wait, Mint, human females have a side ponytail!” Oh gosh, I know I promise. However, I’m a girl in real life, and I think I can speak for enough of us who have the length to do it? We all have those days where we shove our hair into a simplistic ponytail on the back of our heads and call it done. It’s out of the way. You can make it pretty if you’d like. Add some sultry side bangs or make it waist length (human females have two long hair styles).

I’d like to point out that asura, norn, and sylvari all have a long, normal ponytail (whereas I think it would be hilarious on a charr it may not exactly fit), so why don’t humans?

I know that if you gave humans another hairstyle, you’d have to for all the other races. Luckily, there’s been plenty of provided material on site in hopes that the artists will take something (and Ree mentioned in a livestream to my memory that hairstyles are something she enjoys making / playing around with).

Alas, this would be my biggest request. Not guild halls or more clothes. Just. . . a regular ponytail.

Thanks for reading!

in Human

Posted by: Symi.3785

Symi.3785

I would like to second what she wants and add my two cents in about hair styles. Do you think it’s possible to make those trinkets on them an optional thing? I /love/ the new hair styles but because of the flower or the pins, they don’t suit my characters very well. It would also be really nice to have a norn-length hairstyle for human women. <3

in Human

Posted by: ShadowGirl.2687

ShadowGirl.2687

A regular ponytail would be pretty great! How about maybe a braid, too? Just a single braid in the back or something. I’d also like to be able to dye the hair accessories with the dyes we’ve already unlocked. It’s a bit frustrating to have a mismatched hair accessory with your otherwise perfect armor!

in Human

Posted by: Devechka.7459

Devechka.7459

A regular ponytail would be neat. When they released the hairstyles I was kind of sad that there was no ponytail. Such a simple hairstyle, yet not in-game (for Humans at least).

in Human

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

A regular ponytail with nothing weird added to it would be amazing

Gunnar’s Hold

in Human

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

I support this.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

in Human

Posted by: kylwilson.9137

kylwilson.9137

+1 to really show my support for this.

I’ve been hoping for this for so long.

That side ponytail is infantile. I hate it.

\o/

in Human

Posted by: Soulmyr.8094

Soulmyr.8094

And please NO accessories if you don’t plan allowing us to dye them with dyes we own and not just the starter ones!

in Human

Posted by: Shanna.4762

Shanna.4762

I want more fancy/curlier and long hair styles for human females, something more befitting to a human noble because so many of them right now are basic down-dos. Most of the up-do’s are boring or short.

in Human

Posted by: Phalanix.7542

Phalanix.7542

I would like to second what she wants and add my two cents in about hair styles. Do you think it’s possible to make those trinkets on them an optional thing? I /love/ the new hair styles but because of the flower or the pins, they don’t suit my characters very well. It would also be really nice to have a norn-length hairstyle for human women. <3

There seems to have been a number of posts regarding this – and I’d like to add my name to those in favour of having those flowers, pins, hair accessories as an option. I love the long wavey hair, but that flower on the side just doesn’t look right any of my female characters (maybe except an elementalist). If only there was a way to toggle that on and off, or at least have an option to not have the flower during hair customization.

Hope ANET will hear this and take it into consideration!

in Human

Posted by: Shanna.4762

Shanna.4762

I think the problem with the hair pins and accessories is that you can’t dye them so they have to match your outfit/armor in some way or it can contrast. I love the idea of hair accessories, but I wish they could allow us to dye them as we want without having to buy more kits just for that.

in Human

Posted by: Bearhugger.4326

Bearhugger.4326

There can never be enough hair styles in a game like this.

Although for the males I’d rather have more facial hair styles than haircuts. I’m disappointed by the choices available. The only male hair style I feel is really missing are the tied long hairs. (Not a pony tail, guys with long hair usually tie their hair at the level of the neck, not on the skull.)

in Human

Posted by: youdamnkids.6054

youdamnkids.6054

I’ve also got a request, but brace yourselves, because it’s much more selfish. All I want is Prince’s hair from Purple Rain. Just a really good curly mullet. It’s all I need.

Actually no, I also need the ruffly shirt to come back to the gem store. Why did it leave? The world may never know.

Attachments:

(edited by youdamnkids.6054)

in Human

Posted by: Ves.8236

Ves.8236

Well Sylvari got an accesory option with this update – they can have stick hair with and without flowers – so why other races can’t? If they did it for Sylvari they can do it for all races. (I love norn hairstyle but i dont like accesories on them : <)

From the smallest blade of grass to the highest mountain, where life goes—so, too, should you.

in Human

Posted by: Psynch.4087

Psynch.4087

Sorry, I don’t mean to hijack the thread, but since we’re requesting hairstyles —

I was really excited when I saw that some races got ‘wrapped’ styles with leather/cloth straps in the hair. I would love to see a style like that for human females. I love the idea of a rugged war veteran look. I have the eye patch, and I think the wrapped hair styles would fit really well.

in Human

Posted by: Bazompora.2635

Bazompora.2635

I’ve also got a request, but brace yourselves, because it’s much more selfish. All I want is Prince’s hair from Purple Rain. Just a really good curly mullet. It’s all I need.

I’d like that option too. It would give for refreshing looks.
Maybe too refreshing …

Elonians who know her history are often proud to have one of their own in the pantheon.

in Human

Ves.8236

I love the idea of a rugged war veteran look. I have the eye patch, and I think the wrapped hair styles would fit really well.

Do want! \o/

From the smallest blade of grass to the highest mountain, where life goes—so, too, should you.

in Human

Posted by: Seabreeze.8437

Seabreeze.8437

While I love most of the new hairstyles for the other races, I’ll admit I’m getting tired of all the boy-band, pretty-boy human male hairstyles. Not only that, but they’re not even that different from the existing hairstyles (there’s now probably at least six variants of a semi-short, parted hairstyle). With all the creativity being put into the other race’s hairstyles, I’d sure like for some of that creativity to show up on human males.

Personally, I really want to see this on a human male:

Attachments:

in Human

Posted by: RainbowSyrup.4130

RainbowSyrup.4130

This hairstyle for female humans please :x It’s ‘’too pretty’’ for my norn, and humans have no ponytails

Attachments:

’’I’m sad hanar can’t wear sweaters’’
-Grunt

in Human

Posted by: zullx.3051

zullx.3051

Yeah, I’d love longer style hair for the human females. Also an option to have hair without accessories would be nice. I’ll admit there were many hairstyles I was interested in but didn’t get because it had like for example, the flower or something wouldn’t match with my outfit.

in Human

Seabreeze.8437

The fact that males don’t have a basic ponytail also confuses me.

But I mostly want more dreadlocks hairstyles, especially after seeing the asura and charr get more of those (and really cool ones at that!).

in Human

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Yep, I agree too. I had noticed this from day one when creating my character. I put a lot of work in to making my character look how I want them to look. And ever since I started playing this game I’ve wanted a ponytail. It looks casual, and on some outfits that’s exactly what’s needed, a casual touch. Not everything needs to be elaborate.

I also agree with what someone has said about more rugged hairstyles. I couldn’t tell you how many makeover and hairstyle kits I’ve bought, I’m always changing things up with my character and I would also love the option to make her look more suited for war, especially considering I spend most of my time in the Mists.

Still, I won’t press the matter. With the most recent additions I’ve been absolutely thrilled. The one hairstyle in particular, the shoulder length one, is absolutely gorgeous.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in Human

Posted by: Huck.1405

Huck.1405

That side ponytail is infantile. I hate it.

Agreed! I’ve never seen anyone use it, but a long one down the back would be nice.

Hell, most of the “female” hairstyles look more like what a little girl would be wearing.

“You can teach ’em, but you cant learn ’em.”

in Human

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

Hair that goes far down to her rear is a must, and I don’t care if it clips. Also have it fan out to one side like a curved shape and end to a tip.

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

in Human

Posted by: laquito.5269

laquito.5269

Hair that goes far down to her rear is a must, and I don’t care if it clips. Also have it fan out to one side like a curved shape and end to a tip.

First thing that came to my mind when reading this:

Attachments:

Retired GW2 Player

in Human

Seabreeze.8437

I love the idea of a rugged war veteran look. I have the eye patch, and I think the wrapped hair styles would fit really well.

Do want! \o/

Human males desperately need this hairstyle. It just looks so cool! Here’s hoping it’ll show up sometime.

Please give us hairstyles like this for human males!

Attachments:

in Human

Ves.8236

And more hairstyles like this!

Because some girls just want to rock

Attachments:

in Human

Posted by: SaintSnow.6593

SaintSnow.6593

Just putting this out to you all, but China’s release has a couple hairstyles we do not have. One includes a ponytail and I mean a regular one down the back, so possibly that style and the others may come here.

Säïnt

in Human

Seabreeze.8437

Just putting this out to you all, but China’s release has a couple hairstyles we do not have. One includes a ponytail and I mean a regular one down the back, so possibly that style and the others may come here.

Do you have a link or an image to attach?

in Human

Do you have a link or an image to attach?

I would like to see this as well.

~Sincerely, Scissors

in Human

RainbowSyrup.4130

found a video, 1 new hairstyle and several faces. I WANT THOSE FACES! x.x

-Grunt

in Human

Mint Rain.6798

I read this and started screaming in my guild chat. Want want want want want.

in Human

Posted by: SaintSnow.6593

SaintSnow.6593

Yea not only do they get ponytails but they have full access to all the new hairstyles straight from character creation. Jealousy ensues.

Säïnt

in Human

Why the hell do they have access to all the new hairstyles by default!?

~Sincerely, Scissors

(edited by Windu The Forbidden One.6045)

in Human

Seabreeze.8437

Yeah, I was furious at first, but check out the video again. I think they only have like… 7 or 8 total to choose from. We get maybe twice that amount by default. So maybe the one’s they are missing that we have from the start will be hairstyle kit hairstyles for them. That’d be fair, at least, ’cause man, I was steamed when I first saw that. This would at least make it understandable, I guess.

in Human

Yeah, I was furious at first, but check out the video again. I think they only have like… 7 or 8 total to choose from. We get maybe twice that amount by default.

Well yea that changes things.

~Sincerely, Scissors

in Human

Posted by: youdamnkids.6054

youdamnkids.6054

Actually no, I also need the ruffly shirt to come back to the gem store. Why did it leave? The world may never know.

Come on. I’m serious. Make this happen.

Attachments:

in Human

Posted by: Aveneo.2068

Aveneo.2068

I would also be in favor for adding some actual ponytails to human/norn females.

Regular and braided please!

Valiant Aislinn – Aveneo Lightbringer – Shalene Amuriel – Dread Cathulu
Fojja – Vyxxi – Nymmra – Mymmra – Champion of Dwayna .. and more

Highly Over Powered Explorers [HOPE] – Desolation EU

in Human

Posted by: Karen Sargent.6709

Karen Sargent.6709

I would love to see all hairstyles available to every race. At least in the hairstyle kit. Same with the colors for hair and eyes. I already stack these and makeover kits. It would be perfect for someone like me, who loves changing features or hair on a whim. That’s why I buy so many.

in Human

Mint Rain.6798

Dear Anet,

You gave us a ponytail. Soo much thank you.

<33

in Human

Posted by: Headcase.4618

Headcase.4618

I do appreciate they added a ponytail and all, but does anyone else think the placement is a bit odd?

http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/gw2-entanglement-hairstyles-human-female-5.jpg

Maybe I’m being to nit-picky about it but I feel like the ponytail should be lower than where it is, like just below the center of the head you know what I’m saying?

in Human

RainbowSyrup.4130

It’s a high ponytail

Attachments:

-Grunt

in Human

I love the high ponytail. It’s reminds me a lot of Hairstyle 11 from Ren’s Hair Pack (a mod for Oblivion, Skyrim and even Fallout).

See pic (the brown hairstyle).

Attachments:

~Sincerely, Scissors

in Human

Posted by: Marge.4035

Marge.4035

I still wish they would convert norn hairstyles for human and human for norn.

A norn can look more elonian than human at the moment…

No, No, No! Mummified flesh on the left! Dried bones on the right!

in Human

Posted by: Vexander.9850

Vexander.9850

Willing to Buy decent long-hair styles for human males. None of the current ones really look that good.

in Human

Posted by: lotus.7381

lotus.7381

regular pony tail please

in Human

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

First thing that came to my mind when reading this:

Nah more like fan out at the back I’ll have a pic from another game I’m playing later.

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

in Human

Posted by: M Steel.2574

M Steel.2574

I think it is great that Anet has added all of these new hairstyles for humans and other races, but I’m really disappointed we haven’t gotten a single new facial hair style for human men. We have one big, bushy, squarish beard. How about a little variety? How about something a little more angular?

http://www.islamicfashiondesigncouncil.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/PierceBrosnan.jpg

http://3-ps.googleusercontent.com/x/www.trendhunter.com/cdn.trendhunterstatic.com/thumbs/xjosh-dane.jpeg.pagespeed.ic.JtTx0R-onj.jpg

http://sporeflections.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/post_full_1271285013_825de478fc.jpg

http://www.bear-hairy-men.com/clippers-trimmers/styles-of-beards.jpg

http://cdn.muslimmatters.org/wp-content/uploads/beards.jpg

Please give us more facial hair options for human males.

(edited by M Steel.2574)

in Human

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

+1 for more human beards

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

in Human

Posted by: shinreigari.7318

shinreigari.7318

What i’d love is this male human hairstyle for female humans:
http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/gw2-new-hairstyles-human-male-3-1jpg.jpg
Am i alone with this?