So why are you a Human?

So why are you a Human?

in Human

Posted by: Yintzer.5831

Yintzer.5831

I have never played GW, and I chose a human simply because I didn’t like any other race.

I would have been a Norn, but they were awfully tall (for the record, I finally chose the shortest human possible), and a Norn Mesmer just felt weird, their running animation didn’t match the personality I had in mind for my Mesmer. Same with Charr and Asura, which I didn’t like anyways. Sylvari.. I would have chosen a Sylvari, but I wasn’t too fond of trees and plants and the color green at the moment.
So now I have a beautiful Human Mesmer (with the whitest skin and hair possible, and purple eyes c: )

[Henge of Denravi]
Eyrie Nix, Human Mesmer
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free…..

So why are you a Human?

in Human

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

That brings up a question I’ve been meaning to ask: What is it with people and this affinity for white hair? lol

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

So why are you a Human?

in Human

Posted by: Marge.4035

Marge.4035

That brings up a question I’ve been meaning to ask: What is it with people and this affinity for white hair? lol

There was a whole thread on it. But mostly – it looks best with a lot of armor color combinations.

No, No, No! Mummified flesh on the left! Dried bones on the right!

So why are you a Human?

in Human

Posted by: Grimno.6172

Grimno.6172

points and laughs as a Charr

Har Har Harrr! Look at you smelly humans!

You sleep in PAJAMAS!

Har Har Har!!!

Grimno Lvl 80 WR
Lance Delgado Lvl 20 Thief

So why are you a Human?

in Human

Posted by: Yintzer.5831

Yintzer.5831

I think it’s about choosing colors you don’t normally see in the street. I don’t see people with pure white hair or purple eyes everyday.

For me, it’s because I didn’t like the way black hair looked, and having brown hair myself I didn’t want my character to have brown hair too. I wanted blonde, but instead all I could get were horrible kinds of yellow (at least with the hairstyle I chose), which I didn’t like. White was an option, my Mesmer had purple eyes, so why not?
I liked the whole “ice queen” look to it so I kept it. Also what Marge said.
All that got in my way were the stupid eyebrow colors * ahem another thread *

Hope I could answer your question

[Henge of Denravi]
Eyrie Nix, Human Mesmer
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free…..

So why are you a Human?

in Human

Posted by: Tribio.8531

Tribio.8531

Most of my characters resemble someone I know in real life.. And the amount of Charr, Asura, Sylvari and Norn I know in real life is quite lacking, so therefor the human..

The Hatreidis family: Freya / Nina / Demonica / Athena / Faith / Arya / Angie / Sansa
Commander – Jam Death [Jd]
Fissure of Woe

So why are you a Human?

in Human

Posted by: Genavelle.9516

Genavelle.9516

Welll……

My first character was a norn. Cause I’m always like, why pick human if I can make something more interesting? I get to play human irl. Anyways I pre-made all my characters and stuff..So I was playing my norn ele, and then my friend started playing gw2. He made a human. At the time I was all noob and didn’t know about LA or asura portals..so I was like, well I gotta get on my human to play with you. So I started playing my human ranger just so I could hang out with him. Ended up falling in love with the ranger and it became my main.

So that’s why I’m human.

I am a WvW player.
Maguuma Server
Ranger and Necromancer.

So why are you a Human?

in Human

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

points and laughs as a Charr

Har Har Harrr! Look at you smelly humans!

You sleep in PAJAMAS!

Har Har Har!!!

I sleep in pajamas? Someone has been dressing me when I’m asleep and then removing them before I wake up apparently.

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

So why are you a Human?

in Human

Posted by: Captain Crunch.9386

Captain Crunch.9386

The reason im a human is:
Charr: Dont like them, the animations all of that just dont fit for me
Asura: Love the animations but i think that they are but ugly (like seriously the way they hold 2h weapons is so awesome but they are so ugly… :[ )
Norn: Female norns are pretty good but male norns have pretty bad hair styles and animations plus they are to huge in size..
Sylvari: Probably the only other race i will play in the future if they dont give norns a hairstyle change/size reduction. In terms of animations and other things? they are fine.

I also tend to pick my profession to my race, so i will not play a charr/norn thief for the fact that it doesnt make sense to me (IDK why) and asura warriors dont seem right to me either, but thats just me (although like i said earlier they have really good 2h holding animations.)

So why are you a Human?

in Human

Posted by: VictorTroska.3725

VictorTroska.3725

I started as human as I imagined that I continue heritage of my Guild Wars character. But quickly realized how human culture has changed, or missing the one I liked most and that was Elona style culture. But I continued playing my human and its personal story and I reached to Fort Trinity. I felt that when I finished my human personal stories and shifted to “vs Orr” story, it wasnt that glorious. It mostly involved me saving poor people from everyday dangers. Tackling politics and corruption and most of all, it didnt felt like it was my characters personal story. Nostalgia in me wanted that old Elona human since their culture was different from your typical fantasy game human culture and with that I didnt feel like continuing playing my human.

In the end I rolled Norn and found their personal story more… personal and I felt in love with their culture and way of life and how they view world. I also liked a lot how my character does not live under ruler, like for humans its Queen Jennah, for Charr its High Legion and Primus Imperator ect.

So this is reason why I rolled human and ended up playing Norn as my main.

So why are you a Human?

in Human

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

I have tried all races but really don’t like the look of any of them except human and norn. So I found that even though I had one of everything I always just played my human. I liked the way the armor looked on humans the most, too. Maybe also I identify with the human so find it hard to really get into the role of the other races.

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

So why are you a Human?

in Human

Posted by: Alissah.9281

Alissah.9281

I just have 3 human pvp characters.

The only reason i made them human is because i dont want to have like 9 sylvari :P
That, and they have enormous boobs, which is nice sometimes.

New Rainbow Guild – An open-minded guild exclusively for Transgender people!
Warning: link may contain traces of awesome.
Lyssa’s Grimoire – a guide every Mesmer should read.

So why are you a Human?

in Human

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

I chose human, because my main character in GW1 was also human. Plus, I wanted to make my character of noble birth.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

So why are you a Human?

in Human

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

I’m a specist. Don’t like other species…

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

So why are you a Human?

in Human

Posted by: Kalari.2760

Kalari.2760

well….. i made my necro a human just for the reason that the other races couldnt make a really pale char with what looked like black tears down the cheeks. and that screamed “NECRO!!” to me so… yea. nowif only i can get my hands on that kitten eye bandage………………

Do i have any idea what im doing you ask?
Nope. Its more fun that way

So why are you a Human?

in Human

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

Because they show off armor better than any other race. I’d have rolled female norn over human but can’t stand the voice acting.

Wish the human story weren’t the worst though.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

So why are you a Human?

in Human

Posted by: TheJokester.4672

TheJokester.4672

Because honestly they have better armor enough said I just finished my twilight and I have 4 different sets of armor on my warrior alone the only thing I would like would be heavy armor similar to that of the norn(legs at least) don’t care for the rest I hate that arah is humped over your rear as a female why not have it tattered over the left hip rather than directly centered in the back? it would look a lot better imo.

In a way I am human because that’s where my legendary ended up because we don’t have Tengu.

Attachments:

(edited by TheJokester.4672)

So why are you a Human?

in Human

Posted by: Zahl.8564

Zahl.8564

Made my only lvl.80 character (mesmer) human because I believed armor and weapons looked best on human (still think so). Now I regret not making my mesmer an Asura, mainly because I find humans boring.

So why are you a Human?

in Human

Posted by: TGSlasher.1458

TGSlasher.1458

Role Play. As a descendent of The Lord Richard I from guild wars 1.

Slasher Sladorian – Charr Warrior – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Sladorian – Charr Ranger – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Of Elements – Human Elementalist – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows

So why are you a Human?

in Human

Posted by: Damash.1074

Damash.1074

I choose human because…

Charr: Are destroying the land they fought and killed for over a period of 200+ years. They think they are innovative but their drilling and mining is quickly ruining the land around them. They will just wage war on someone else to drill for their resources soon after, all the while claiming it was theirs to being with when they have more than enough territory behind them.
Asura: I can not stand smug people enough said.
Norn: They are just tall humans and I don’t want to be 9 foot tall, nor do I want to have a mans voice while playing a female character.
Sylvari: From my Charr post you would assume I am, to put it nicely, “Environmental Friendly person” but I don’t want to walk around as a salad, nor do I want to be a nightlight.

Your Norn and Sylvari argument made me lol so hard

Alpha Alex

So why are you a Human?

in Human

Posted by: Damash.1074

Damash.1074

I choose human because…

Charr: Are destroying the land they fought and killed for over a period of 200+ years. They think they are innovative but their drilling and mining is quickly ruining the land around them. They will just wage war on someone else to drill for their resources soon after, all the while claiming it was theirs to being with when they have more than enough territory behind them.
Asura: I can not stand smug people enough said.
Norn: They are just tall humans and I don’t want to be 9 foot tall, nor do I want to have a mans voice while playing a female character.
Sylvari: From my Charr post you would assume I am, to put it nicely, “Environmental Friendly person” but I don’t want to walk around as a salad, nor do I want to be a nightlight.

Your Norn and Sylvari argument made me lol so hard

Alpha Alex

So why are you a Human?

in Human

Posted by: Djahlat.9610

Djahlat.9610

Because I’m a Roleplayer and :
-It’s way easier to build a human character’s background when Human lore is much much more deeper than any other’s
-Cultural Armor + Hounds of Balthazar (+ Prayer to Lyssa Animation. It just rocks ok?)
-Armors fit them better

Attachments:

So why are you a Human?

in Human

Posted by: MrKahwk.9524

MrKahwk.9524

why am I a human in gw2? Because I am a human.

So why are you a Human?

in Human

Posted by: Ezekiel.1985

Ezekiel.1985

Mainly because I don’t do furries, and I really dislike norn proportions. I do have one sylvari though.

So why are you a Human?

in Human

Posted by: Idanaeris.5723

Idanaeris.5723

Personally, I normally choose a human in MMORPGs and make it a mage out of two reasons. First, I’ve always been a Lina Inverse fan as since childhood. And second, I just like the feeling of us, as humans, having the potential to do magic, even if in a fictional setting. To me, making a fantasy character and then giving it elemental powers kind of takes the fun away from it, psychologically. I’m aware that might just be a thing of mine haha.

So why are you a Human?

in Human

Posted by: knbBlackTemplar.3059

knbBlackTemplar.3059

Because armor proportions always first designed for humans..

80’s: Sylvari Necromancer (Main). Human: Thief, Warrior (PvP Main), Engineer. Charr Guardian

So why are you a Human?

in Human

Posted by: Cannonfodder.8604

Cannonfodder.8604

I like to play Human partly because of their Lore and partly because they are the middleground. not huge and warlike (charr) not kittenes and weak (asura) and no special abilities with nature and the wild (Sylvari and Norn). just the way i like to play.

So why are you a Human?

in Human

Posted by: Tarreth.8914

Tarreth.8914

My main character – an engineer – is a human. Why? Because this race gives alot ways of character build in role play. We – mankind – are so different. Every single one of us, so creating a facsinating, original character is really easy. Easier, than always logic asuras, tough-as-duck charr, cheerful and brave norn or what-the-hell-it-is sylvari.

“We fight to live and we live to fight”

So why are you a Human?

in Human

Posted by: Lorelei.7809

Lorelei.7809

I play one to do a human storyline and for one of my characters to be blessed by Lyssa (though she’s a Necromancer, she wears HoM (aka GW1 mesmer armor) and is blessed by Lyssa) in honor of my GW main (though she is not named after her, a completely new name).

Edit: I main a Sylvari. She is one of my alts as I like to have one of each race minimum.

So why are you a Human?

in Human

Posted by: Leithia.8790

Leithia.8790

I’m a huge girl with my characters, I love customization and humans were the best looking to me. I wanted a Sylvari for the elf-likeness, but I couldn’t make a decent one that satisfied me appearance wise. I play a catfolk in my D&D campaign my boyfriend runs, so I had planned to make a charr thief ( rougue/monk/shadowdancer/assassin hack and slash destroy combo for my D&D character )but the charr are too large and the hunched over aspect turned me off. Asura… just creeped me out with the giant eyes and the sharp teeth. Norns were the 2nd runner up, but they were a tad bulky for me, though I’ll probably make a norn, sylvari and charr as alts eventually, humans had the broadest appeal to me, and the best look overall.

While you are in this world, you are the light of the world.
Ethebet / Human Guardian & Leithía / Human Warrior / Tarnished Coast

So why are you a Human?

in Human

Posted by: sanictoofast.9317

sanictoofast.9317

You humans are all the same. I make my race and class choices based on masterrace and you like humies cause they’re.. generic? with nothing interesting about them so you can relate well? I can’t understand your petty reasoning. All i know is humans are a scourge to MMOs and should have died off a long time ago. Every game with multiple races are ruined to a degree because humans are an option.
Absolutely disgusting. You bash charr for trying to wipe your piggy faces off Tyria? I don’t blame them! You’re so generic its not even funny, especially you human Huntards. Your lack of imagination, your close-mindedness, if you love humans so much just go outside. Humans are the majority of my block list, they’re all confirmed for bags of kittens.
There is no cure for the cancer that is humanity. Only fire can purge your delicate baby faces off tyria.
Gaheron where’d you go?
Gaheron where’d you go!?
I been so lost without you!
these humies are all wrong, there’s no one here to beriiiide them~

Attachments:

So why are you a Human?

in Human

Posted by: ryan.6217

ryan.6217

Actually I believe there have been studies abut this. Most people choose to play humans in a game where other races are playable because of relation. When you play as a human you tend to have a connection to the character, you can relate. This is also why a lot of people make their characters glorified avatars of themselves. When you play as a non-human, like asura and charr, you lose the ability to connect to the race. Their morals and values may accurately represent our own, but you don’t quite connect to them.

I LOVE charr. Seriously they are my favorite creatures as far as lore and looks go. A-net actually made something completely unique and gave them bad kitten lore to follow. So when i found out I could play one in GW2 my mind was made up. After playing beta though i felt like i lost interest. When playing as a charr i almost felt like i was playing as a tonic. Ended up maining a human, because it just felt right.

So why are you a Human?

in Human

ryan.6217

You humans are all the same. I make my race and class choices based on masterrace and you like humies cause they’re.. generic? with nothing interesting about them so you can relate well? I can’t understand your petty reasoning. All i know is humans are a scourge to MMOs and should have died off a long time ago. Every game with multiple races are ruined to a degree because humans are an option.
Absolutely disgusting. You bash charr for trying to wipe your piggy faces off Tyria? I don’t blame them! You’re so generic its not even funny, especially you human Huntards. Your lack of imagination, your close-mindedness, if you love humans so much just go outside. Humans are the majority of my block list, they’re all confirmed for bags of kittens.
There is no cure for the cancer that is humanity. Only fire can purge your delicate baby faces off tyria.
Gaheron where’d you go?
Gaheron where’d you go!?
I been so lost without you!
these humies are all wrong, there’s no one here to beriiiide them~

This was just plane rude. You offered nothing to contribute to this post. You simply disrespected the comments made by people actually trying to contribute. It’s okay if you don’t wish to play human, but you shouldn’t bash on everybody that wants to play one

So why are you a Human?

in Human

Posted by: Ashes.9586

Ashes.9586

Actually I believe there have been studies abut this. Most people choose to play humans in a game where other races are playable because of relation. When you play as a human you tend to have a connection to the character, you can relate. This is also why a lot of people make their characters glorified avatars of themselves. When you play as a non-human, like asura and charr, you lose the ability to connect to the race. Their morals and values may accurately represent our own, but you don’t quite connect to them.

I’ve actually found that I’ve connected to my charr character more than my human one. I have a charr warrior and a human elementalist, and though I love playing both classes my charr is the character that I have connected with. I also get attached to characters very very easily though (NPC or not) so I might just be the odd one.

The Legion Calls

So why are you a Human?

in Human

Posted by: Husky.6018

Husky.6018

I also get attached to characters very very easily though (NPC or not) so I might just be the odd one.

There is always more than one like-minded person. Whether it be an alternate copy of you, or another player like me. There will always be people that think the same.

So why are you a Human?

in Human

Posted by: sanictoofast.9317

sanictoofast.9317

This was just plane rude. You offered nothing to contribute to this post. You simply disrespected the comments made by people actually trying to contribute. It’s okay if you don’t wish to play human, but you shouldn’t bash on everybody that wants to play one

well aren’t you just the humane poster “kekekekek” sympathize with humans more why don’t you. maybe humans shouldnt bash non humans cause they don’t look exactly like them. YOU’RE THE RACISTS! You’re the uncultured farquaads that infest my fairytale world. sure divinities reach is big enough, but look at the location!

Attachments:

So why are you a Human?

in Human

Posted by: Tarreth.8914

Tarreth.8914

I sense some Charr Rebel.

Charr are amazing. My very first character is an charr. I love their military-centered culture, live overall. But their culture, lore, typical character’s profile is all I like around them. The worst animations ever, and only a few armors that actually looks fine on them. Shame on Anet they have ruined such a wonderful race.
That’s why my next character (and in all of the sudden main character) is an human.
Because as I said, they are just… human…ish. And it don’t stop me from adoring charr, norn or whichever else race. Because humans are humanish and for example my engineer may feel alot better around charr than other humans. Etc etc. Alot of combinations, that other races hardly provide.

“We fight to live and we live to fight”

So why are you a Human?

in Human

ryan.6217

well aren’t you just the humane poster “kekekekek” sympathize with humans more why don’t you. maybe humans shouldnt bash non humans cause they don’t look exactly like them. YOU’RE THE RACISTS! You’re the uncultured farquaads that infest my fairytale world. sure divinities reach is big enough, but look at the location!

1. This was funny. I laughed
2. I sympathized with charr more than humans in the post right after
3. “uncultured”… that is just … wrong, really. A-net gave most of the 5 playable races decent culture. Humans got the most out of that, let’s not lie.
4. Truly was funny. Just exploded into Shrek rage.

So why are you a Human?

in Human

Posted by: omerksx.2594

omerksx.2594

dunno… because i am one ? maybe…

So why are you a Human?

in Human

Posted by: coffen.5471

coffen.5471

I chose human because they were the people who’s looks can look somewhat similar to me.

So why are you a Human?

in Human

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Armor looks best on human(still pretty bad but still). It’s that easy really. I got all classes but none of them look ok, human is the best of the worst.

So why are you a Human?

in Human

Posted by: Brayton.2361

Brayton.2361

Everyone says Humans are boring, not my fault they all want to do House Guilds and crap.

I made mine a drunk, patent stealing, pirate talking engineer.

So far people have enjoyed being around him, apparently he’s original. I wouldn’t know but I know that I enjoy roleplaying him and its fun to run around as him cursing and confusing people with logic, especially racist asura.

So why are you a Human?

in Human

Posted by: Iconoklast.2389

Iconoklast.2389

Armor looks best on humans. I have one asura and I hate how I can’t see anything that he’s wearing.

Iconoklast – Guardian / Icono Clone – Mesmer
Tiny Icono – Engineer / The Icono – Elementalist
SoS – Empyrean Knights [EK] YB – The Coasters [TC]

So why are you a Human?

in Human

Posted by: Vagrant.7206

Vagrant.7206

In my opinion, humans have the largest lore to their background — ArenaNet had to reduce their effect on the lore in order to accommodate for the new races. Humans have the most interesting and diverse story in the timeline of Tyria. Since they were the only playable race in GW1, I am also continuing my characters from then.

Charr: The bulkiness, to me, only suits the warrior and guardian classes. Even the slimmest charr female is still huge compared to other races.
Norn: I don’t have too much of a problem with the Norn except that the running animation bothers me — for how big they are, they run incredibly slowly.
Asura: The animations just bother me. Too… overdramatic. There’s no subtlety in the Asura.
Sylvari: Brand new race on the block, have no real backstory to them. Not to mention they just look like green humans.

The great god Lagki demands sacrifice.

So why are you a Human?

in Human

Posted by: Stramatus.5219

Stramatus.5219

most of the human faces look like pre-teen boys.

Isn’t that the truth? Bugged the heck out of me with the humans considering my warrior in GW1 looked like an older, seasoned war veteran. A look I have not been able to reachieve in GW2 when I recreated him. I eventually managed to get 2 male humans that I could stand to look at. I think they worked out ok.

Looks aside, from a lore perspective from playing GW1, there was just no way my mains could not be humans. Ascalonian humans at that. GW1 created a very strong tie to humans and their overall plight in the world and I just don’t feel like the other races have that depth to them. And I don’t feel like I have a connection to them at all. To this day I will not play a charr. Ascalon remembers…..

As for the other races, Norn are fine unless its a male. The body types just seem way over exaggerated, whereas the female Norn just look like really tall humans. That’s why my Norn is a female.

While I have an Asura, they still bug me. I remember all thsoe times they called me a bookah.

Sylvari are too new to the world and as such have little real history/lore to them that’s very meaningful to the player.

Don’t get me wrong, I have characters of every race except charr, but humans will always be at the top of the list for me.

Sir Helvidius | Sir Beregond | Proud Ascalonian Humans
“Remember The Searing. We never forget, and never forgive.” – Family Motto

(edited by Stramatus.5219)